Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Hisoundaudio ROCOO BA - Superior Hi-Fi player for Ciem's & Iem's
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Hisoundaudio ROCOO BA - Superior Hi-Fi player for Ciem's & Iem's - Page 22

post #316 of 631
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalFreak View Post

Quoted directly from a PM between me and Jack

 

 

I bet Jack was thinking APE when he agreed about ALAC. Doesn't help you, especially if you asked before the purchase. I just created and tried an ALAC file on my studio to make sure and it's a no go.

post #317 of 631

Does APE even work on it? I've never tried it. But up until now I was mixing APE up with ALAC. Though they were the same crap lol.
 

post #318 of 631
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodvibes View Post

I bet Jack was thinking APE when he agreed about ALAC. Doesn't help you, especially if you asked before the purchase. I just created and tried an ALAC file on my studio to make sure and it's a no go.


Well that's disappointing, guess I'm stuck converting files which is something I really didn't want to do considering I have a ton of music. confused_face.gif

post #319 of 631
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalFreak View Post


Well that's disappointing, guess I'm stuck converting files which is something I really didn't want to do considering I have a ton of music. confused_face.gif


I'll walk you through it if you need help. I recommend maybe backing up the set particularly for your Studio V just in case you ever need to reformat so you never have to go through this again. Just glad I was never an apple fanatic or I'd have been quite upset myself ;).

post #320 of 631
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post


I'll walk you through it if you need help. I recommend maybe backing up the set particularly for your Studio V just in case you ever need to reformat so you never have to go through this again. Just glad I was never an apple fanatic or I'd have been quite upset myself ;).


Yeah well I keep all my music on an external HDD which stays off unless I want to hear tunes or sync my music. If worse comes to worse I'll just get another external HDD and be done with it. Usually in my neck of the woods you see a 1 or 2 TB external HDD going for cheap on Boxing Day. It's not the end of the world I'll just slowly convert my files over and build up a mirrored FLAC only music archive. I'm just a little chagrined at all the encoding I have ahead of me.

post #321 of 631
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalFreak View Post


Yeah well I keep all my music on an external HDD which stays off unless I want to hear tunes or sync my music. If worse comes to worse I'll just get another external HDD and be done with it. Usually in my neck of the woods you see a 1 or 2 TB external HDD going for cheap on Boxing Day. It's not the end of the world I'll just slowly convert my files over and build up a mirrored FLAC only music archive. I'm just a little chagrined at all the encoding I have ahead of me.


I'd say just do the particular songs you intend on carrying on your Studio V and do it slowly as you add more to different Micro SD cards. Only so much you gonna realistically listen to on the go :). I have about 80 GBs of portable music in Lossless so far. No way I'd be carrying around 600+ GBs of music on the go lol.

post #322 of 631
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post

Does APE even work on it? I've never tried it. But up until now I was mixing APE up with ALAC. Though they were the same crap lol.
 

I would be extremely surprised that APE would work on the studio DAC. APE algorithm is really really annoying to follow. 

post #323 of 631
Quote:
Originally Posted by audionewbi View Post

I would be extremely surprised that APE would work on the studio DAC. APE algorithm is really really annoying to follow. 


Where did APE come about? I was under the impression it was something used on Apple products?

post #324 of 631
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post


Where did APE come about? I was under the impression it was something used on Apple products?

It is a product of monkey audio. I used to use it a while back when hard disk space was expensive but now days I dont. Based on experience it compression method produces a better compressed bit to bit perfect algorithm but use it on portable rig and you will understand how much raw power it uses for its decompression on the go.

post #325 of 631

Ok guys I finally got the Rocoo BA Tour on the road and first it goes to BattleBrat. I'll list the participants below. Thanks :)

 


BattleBrat


Edited by lee730 - 9/25/12 at 8:12pm
post #326 of 631

Holy crap, I'm going to be writing reviews until the cows come homebigsmile_face.gif

 

Thanks lee, I can hardly wait to A/B the BA against my Studio V

post #327 of 631
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalFreak View Post

Holy crap, I'm going to be writing reviews until the cows come homebigsmile_face.gif

 

Thanks lee, I can hardly wait to A/B the BA against my Studio V


You're not alone I gotta catch up on reviews myself.... rolleyes.gif

post #328 of 631

I have the BA in my hands as of today.  I'll post some impressions after I have used it for about a week.  Thanks lee.  

post #329 of 631

I think this thread might be dead.  Anyway, I've been using the BA and I have to admit that it might sound a tad better with the Miracles than the Studio V 3rd.  Not sure yet since I am unable to use my sd card with wav files on the BA.  It works fine with the Studio so I'm not sure what's wrong here.  I ordered a couple more sd cards so I can fill it up with mp3 files to test out my own songs.  I don't use flac so that might be the problem.  

post #330 of 631
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyBai View Post

I think this thread might be dead.  Anyway, I've been using the BA and I have to admit that it might sound a tad better with the Miracles than the Studio V 3rd.  Not sure yet since I am unable to use my sd card with wav files on the BA.  It works fine with the Studio so I'm not sure what's wrong here.  I ordered a couple more sd cards so I can fill it up with mp3 files to test out my own songs.  I don't use flac so that might be the problem.  


Hmm well if you want DannyBai you can load the Rocoo P firmware on it and see if that helps? I found the Studio V firmware to sound better so I kept that one on there. Try go to the hisound firmware thread and download the Rocoo P firmware and follow ie2hans directions.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Hisoundaudio ROCOO BA - Superior Hi-Fi player for Ciem's & Iem's