Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Hisoundaudio ROCOO BA - Superior Hi-Fi player for Ciem's & Iem's
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Hisoundaudio ROCOO BA - Superior Hi-Fi player for Ciem's & Iem's - Page 16

post #226 of 632

JUST PULLED A TRIGGER ON ROCOO BA :D
any idea whether does it play 24/96 files?

post #227 of 632

No. It goes up to 16/48 to my knowledge though.
 

post #228 of 632
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post

No. It goes up to 16/48 to my knowledge though.
 

our player can play the WAV format with the speed of 24bit/48kbps.

post #229 of 632

Interesting. Didn't know they offered 24/48 playback?
 


Edited by lee730 - 7/21/12 at 11:08pm
post #230 of 632
Quote:
Originally Posted by hisound View Post

our player can play the WAV format with the speed of 24bit/48kbps.

wow that that is interesting, any reason why it doesnt support FLAC? Is it a firmware issue or a hardware issue?

post #231 of 632
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianchia View Post

anybody tried a westone um3x with a rocoo p and rocoo ba? what's the major differences?

I have both the P and Ba, and absolutely loved the synergy of the P with the UM3x(no longer own), but I dont remember ever trying them with the BA. I bought the BA to use with CIEM, but due to some unforeseen(and costly) home repairs I still haven't been able to place an order for the CIEMs, so my BA gets little to no use for now...

post #232 of 632

 24/48 WAV and 16/48 flac to my ears dont seem to have any sonic difference. 

post #233 of 632
Quote:
Originally Posted by audionewbi View Post

 24/48 WAV and 16/48 flac to my ears dont seem to have any sonic difference. 


On certain 24/96/192 content I can tell quite a difference in the songs. Such as Foreigner, Pink Floyd, George Michaels. Those differences tend to lie in the sound staging, and imaging. There's this rawness to the music that is hard to deny.

post #234 of 632
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post


On certain 24/96/192 content I can tell quite a difference in the songs. Such as Foreigner, Pink Floyd, George Michaels. Those differences tend to lie in the sound staging, and imaging. There's this rawness to the music that is hard to deny.

I will spend more time with it tomorrow. I used the 24/192 version of Cat Steven Tea for the Tillerman for testing purposes.. Converted using foobar. 

post #235 of 632

Just picked up the BA from a guy who released it for sale.

 

He claims that he likes the synergy between the BA and Heir Audio 8.A and wanted to keep it, I kinda feel bad purchasing them now.

 

Thank God I made the enquiry earlier and manage to get this baby. Enjoying it! (But I'm now in my school so I can't really listen to them angry_face.gif)

post #236 of 632

He shouldn't have sold it if he really wanted to keep it. :P
 

post #237 of 632
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badb0y07 View Post

Just picked up the BA from a guy who released it for sale.

 

He claims that he likes the synergy between the BA and Heir Audio 8.A and wanted to keep it, I kinda feel bad purchasing them now.

 

Thank God I made the enquiry earlier and manage to get this baby. Enjoying it! (But I'm now in my school so I can't really listen to them angry_face.gif)

Word of advice: give it time. While it is designed for BA it will not be sufficient for all BA. And since I am sure like the vast majority of us who have never had the chance to listen to a rig which does justice to the treble region of music you might find the BA at first too much to handle simply because it is presenting you the treble that you have never possibly listen to before. Just listen to the BA exclusively for a week and you will get used to its sound signature.

 

If you want to burn it in go for it to my ears I couldnt detect any change. Also if you want pink/white noise for burning in process I have found a free 24/48 Hz files which I dont mind sharing.


Enjoy and keep us posted! 


Edited by audionewbi - 7/22/12 at 8:40pm
post #238 of 632
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post

He shouldn't have sold it if he really wanted to keep it. :P
 

 

Well he was funding other priorities that time, too late to back out now I suppose. He's a good seller, walked me through on the how-tos.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by audionewbi View Post

Word of advice: give it time. While it is designed for BA it will not be sufficient for all BA. And since I am sure like the waste majoirty of us who have never had the chance to listen to a rig which does justice to the treble region of music you might find the BA at first too much to handle simply because it is presenting you the treble that you have never possibly listen to. Just listen to the BA exclusively for a week and you will get used to its sound signature.

 

If you want to burn it in go for it to my ears I couldnt detect any change. Also if you want pink/white noise for burning in process I have found a free 24/48 Hz files which I dont mind sharing.


Enjoy and keep us posted! 

So far I think I am still enjoying it, well an upgrade from the TF10 so give me some time. haha

 

Mind sharing me the 24/48? It'll be great for me to leave my Miracle burning overnight :)

post #239 of 632
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badb0y07 View Post

 

Well he was funding other priorities that time, too late to back out now I suppose. He's a good seller, walked me through on the how-tos.

 

So far I think I am still enjoying it, well an upgrade from the TF10 so give me some time. haha

 

Mind sharing me the 24/48? It'll be great for me to leave my Miracle burning overnight :)

How does the TF10 sound with this? I had the TF10 but sadly sold it due to the odd fit. Wouldnt mind trying it again.

Here are the files in open archive. Note that you need to convert it to wav or resamble as they are 24  bit. 

http://archive.org/details/TenMinutesOfWhiteNoisePinkNoiseAndBrownianNoise

post #240 of 632
Quote:
Originally Posted by audionewbi View Post

How does the TF10 sound with this? I had the TF10 but sadly sold it due to the odd fit. Wouldnt mind trying it again.

Here are the files in open archive. Note that you need to convert it to wav or resamble as they are 24  bit. 

http://archive.org/details/TenMinutesOfWhiteNoisePinkNoiseAndBrownianNoise

Thank you for sharing the link!

 

I was saying that the Miracle are the upgrade from my TF10 (which I sold it away to fund for the CIEMs).

So when I got my BA, all that is left are the Miracle and a very very excited kid that's all.

 

Will be doing auditions with most IEMs soon.

(Speaking of TF10, think I'll audition it with the BA this weekend at a local store)

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Hisoundaudio ROCOO BA - Superior Hi-Fi player for Ciem's & Iem's