Hello, I'm looking for an amp for my Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro 250ohms. I'm willing to spend around $200 max. Which is the best out of the 3 listed in the title? I listen to mostly Trance and Electronic music.
- categoryAmp DACstagged by System, 6/12/12
- productBeyerdynamic DT990 Premium 250 Ohmtagged by System, 6/12/12
- categoryDACstagged by System, 6/12/12
- productFiiO E10tagged by System, 6/12/12
- productFiiO E17tagged by System, 6/12/12
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 6/12/12
- productHifiman EF2A Usb Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 2/28/13
- productIbasso T5tagged by System, 6/12/12
- productJDS Labs Assembled Objective2 Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 6/12/12
- productJDS Labs ODACtagged by System, 6/12/12
Related Forum Threads
- Fiio E7 vs iBasso T5 vs More Last post on 6/21/12 at 1:20pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Need help Last post on 9/23/12 at 6:54pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Whats a good amp/ usb DAC for DT990 pro 60ohms? Last post on 11/26/12 at 12:35pm in Computer Audio
- Sennheiser HD 650 help Last post on 6/4/14 at 3:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need DAC/Amp for HD650 + HE-500 Last post on 12/2/12 at 7:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 11/29/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
These headphones are much recommended online as a relatively cheap introduction into the world of high fidelity. They are functional and do not excessively grab attention visually. They are...
A very good DAC and headphone AMP for the price. A clear improvement in sound quality from my laptop for headphones, even ones that already sounded good, this gives a much cleaner,clearer and more...
This is my first really good quality Digital Audio Player. I have used a range of Audiophile headphones on it. If you're used to digital Sony Walkmans of days gone by you will recognize the simple,...
My favorite pair of headphones, and considering I own the Sennheiser HD598s, that is saying something. They look fantastic, very stylish indeed, they are extremely comfortable, infact the ear pads...
These are okay headphones if you can get them for a cheap price (sub £90 ) but probably aren't worth any more than that. Their build quality is solid, despite all the plastic used, and they can be...
FiiO E17 vs Hifiman EF2A vs ODA+ODACpost #1 of 114/24/12 at 6:15pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 114/24/12 at 6:23pm
Well, the odac stuff is still preorder so I wouldn't consider that yet until it's been out for a bit with some reviews. I think that the HFM is pretty decent but I went down the tube road and it wasn't really for me. Takes time to warm up...runs somewhat hot ect. I really like the e17 though. It's a good upgrade from the e10 that I just sold today.
Got it on ebay for $139 with free shipping. It's my vote.post #3 of 114/24/12 at 6:29pmThread Starter
I'd only get the o2 and dac if the price and reviews are good. I never realized that the tube amps had to warm up.. I read a review on here on the HFM and it sounds like a great amp. I've been hearing that the E17 is much worse than the ODA in the performance per dollar department, but then again the E17 is a DAC as well. I've never seen a tube amp with DAC before so the HFM stands out for me.
BTW would I be able to use a cable like this with the HFM to play from my phone?post #4 of 114/24/12 at 6:34pm
Looks like the o2 w/dac is going to be about $250. That over $100 more than the e17 which has been in circulation for a bit and gets good reviews. Like I said I owned a tube amp...Little Dot. Solid state is the way to go IMO. Maybe someone who has owned the HFM is willing to chime in.post #5 of 114/24/12 at 6:36pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by MattTCG
Looks like the o2 w/dac is going to be about $250. That over $100 more than the e17 which has been in circulation for a bit and gets good reviews. Like I said I owned a tube amp...Little Dot. Solid state is the way to go IMO. Maybe someone who has owned the HFM is willing to chime in.
Yikes, a little more than I'd spend for an amp. I guess it's the E17 or the EF2. AFAIK the EF2 will sound better but I'm not sure if it'll be worth going tube for. Hopefully someone willpost #6 of 114/25/12 at 5:38pmThread Starterpost #7 of 114/25/12 at 5:45pmpost #8 of 114/25/12 at 5:48pmThread StarterQuote:
Portability is pretty important, but how much of a downgrade is the E17 vs the O2 Combo in terms of sound q?post #9 of 114/25/12 at 6:08pm
You can take a look here: http://www.inearmatters.net/2012/01/impression-fiio-e17-alpen.html
Acc. to this guy, the O2 is better, so is iBasso T5, but they cost more. You can take a look at both of these to see if they fit your portability factor.
Fiio is basically reasonable performance for the price.post #10 of 114/25/12 at 6:13pmThread Starter
- FiiO E17 vs Hifiman EF2A vs ODA+ODAC
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
- › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread 43 seconds ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 1 minute ago
- › NEW! SONY NW-A30 SERIES 1 minute ago
- › Nuforce HEM Discussion & Impressions 2 minutes ago
- › Trinity Audio Q & A 2 minutes ago
- › DX200 Details of design, features and specifications on 1st page. ... 2 minutes ago
- › Has anyone tested the Beoplay h5 4 minutes ago
- › VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio EUFORIA - A Wolf in "Sheep's" Clothing... 6 minutes ago
- › Benjie S5 Offical Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by theminstrel
- › FiiO E17 by theminstrel
- › Sony NWZ-A15 Walkman Video MP3 Player (16GB) - Black by theminstrel
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 by theminstrel
- › Shure SRH750 DJ Headphones (Black) by theminstrel
- › Sennheiser HD 449 Headphones by theminstrel
- › RHA Dacamp L1 by FortisFlyer75
- › AXGIO Dash Wireless Earbuds Cordless Running Jogging Bluetooth... by pkshiu
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by heliosphann
- › Beyerdynamic T5p Second Generation Audiophile Headphones by crabdog
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear