Hello, I'm looking for an amp for my Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro 250ohms. I'm willing to spend around $200 max. Which is the best out of the 3 listed in the title? I listen to mostly Trance and Electronic music.
- categoryAmp DACstagged by System, 6/12/12
- productBeyerdynamic DT990 Premium 250 Ohmtagged by System, 6/12/12
- categoryDACstagged by System, 6/12/12
- productFiiO E10tagged by System, 6/12/12
- productFiiO E17tagged by System, 6/12/12
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 6/12/12
- productHifiman EF2A Usb Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 2/28/13
- productIbasso T5tagged by System, 6/12/12
- productJDS Labs Assembled Objective2 Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 6/12/12
- productJDS Labs ODACtagged by System, 6/12/12
Related Forum Threads
- Fiio E7 vs iBasso T5 vs More Last post on 6/21/12 at 1:20pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Need help Last post on 9/23/12 at 6:54pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Whats a good amp/ usb DAC for DT990 pro 60ohms? Last post on 11/26/12 at 12:35pm in Computer Audio
- Sennheiser HD 650 help Last post on 6/4/14 at 3:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need DAC/Amp for HD650 + HE-500 Last post on 12/2/12 at 7:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 11/29/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
just want to order one and will try the reviews once get it FBA seems be fast waiting
FiiO E17 vs Hifiman EF2A vs ODA+ODACpost #1 of 114/24/12 at 6:15pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 114/24/12 at 6:23pm
Well, the odac stuff is still preorder so I wouldn't consider that yet until it's been out for a bit with some reviews. I think that the HFM is pretty decent but I went down the tube road and it wasn't really for me. Takes time to warm up...runs somewhat hot ect. I really like the e17 though. It's a good upgrade from the e10 that I just sold today.
Got it on ebay for $139 with free shipping. It's my vote.post #3 of 114/24/12 at 6:29pmThread Starter
I'd only get the o2 and dac if the price and reviews are good. I never realized that the tube amps had to warm up.. I read a review on here on the HFM and it sounds like a great amp. I've been hearing that the E17 is much worse than the ODA in the performance per dollar department, but then again the E17 is a DAC as well. I've never seen a tube amp with DAC before so the HFM stands out for me.
BTW would I be able to use a cable like this with the HFM to play from my phone?post #4 of 114/24/12 at 6:34pm
Looks like the o2 w/dac is going to be about $250. That over $100 more than the e17 which has been in circulation for a bit and gets good reviews. Like I said I owned a tube amp...Little Dot. Solid state is the way to go IMO. Maybe someone who has owned the HFM is willing to chime in.post #5 of 114/24/12 at 6:36pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by MattTCG
Looks like the o2 w/dac is going to be about $250. That over $100 more than the e17 which has been in circulation for a bit and gets good reviews. Like I said I owned a tube amp...Little Dot. Solid state is the way to go IMO. Maybe someone who has owned the HFM is willing to chime in.
Yikes, a little more than I'd spend for an amp. I guess it's the E17 or the EF2. AFAIK the EF2 will sound better but I'm not sure if it'll be worth going tube for. Hopefully someone willpost #6 of 114/25/12 at 5:38pmThread Starterpost #7 of 114/25/12 at 5:45pmpost #8 of 114/25/12 at 5:48pmThread StarterQuote:
Portability is pretty important, but how much of a downgrade is the E17 vs the O2 Combo in terms of sound q?post #9 of 114/25/12 at 6:08pm
You can take a look here: http://www.inearmatters.net/2012/01/impression-fiio-e17-alpen.html
Acc. to this guy, the O2 is better, so is iBasso T5, but they cost more. You can take a look at both of these to see if they fit your portability factor.
Fiio is basically reasonable performance for the price.post #10 of 114/25/12 at 6:13pmThread Starter
- FiiO E17 vs Hifiman EF2A vs ODA+ODAC
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 24 seconds ago
- › VSonic VSD5 Impressions Thread. VSonic's answer to Sony's EX1000??? 25 seconds ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 50 seconds ago
- › Campfire Audio Vega (and Dorado and Lyra II) - Head-Fi TV 1 minute ago
- › Bowers&Wilkins new flagship the P9! 1 minute ago
- › Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 2 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 3 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 4 minutes ago
- › Shure SRH840 by Russell Folland
- › Seahf Metal Housing In-Ear Earbuds Headphones Noise Cancelling... by Byran
- › Fostex TH500RP by bagwell359
- › FLC Technology FLC 8S by Hisoundfi
- › Meze 99 Classics by dany111777
- › SONY Walkman A series NW-A35 (R) (16GB) (Sina bar Red) by meringo
- › Custom Art Harmony 8.2 by Ike1985
- › AUNE M1S 32BIT/384KHZ DSD128 3.5MM/2.5MM BALANCED HIFI AUDIOPHILE... by Hypespazm
- › Fischer Audio Totem Paco by B9Scrambler
- › Sennheiser HD 598 Cs by peaches
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear