Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Denon AH-D5000 Unboxing video and compare to the D7000.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Denon AH-D5000 Unboxing video and compare to the D7000. - Page 7

post #91 of 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTCG View Post

So the ring that contains the locking tabs will just come out? And did you have a screen material to protect the driver?

I used the wife's (unused of course lol) pantyhose to protect the driver. I first did this to my HD650s to brighten them up a bit and loved it.  Just stretch them to they are taunt and across the driver then screw on the white ring and it catches them, then trim around the pad

.003.JPG

post #92 of 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearless1 View Post

I used the wife's (unused of course lol) pantyhose to protect the driver. I first did this to my HD650s to brighten them up a bit and loved it.  Just stretch them to they are taunt and across the driver then screw on the white ring and it catches them, then trim around the pad

.003.JPG

 

Nice!! I'm all over it.

post #93 of 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by KG Jag View Post

 

?  The D2000 has recessed mids.

 

forwardish~ its more the intimate feeling, which is a bit lacking on the D7k IMHO. 

 

I know the FR of the D2k will reveal a recession somewhere in the midrange, but its barely audible, the D7k it is more audible.

post #94 of 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiR3D View Post

forwardish~ its more the intimate feeling, which is a bit lacking on the D7k IMHO. 

 

I know the FR of the D2k will reveal a recession somewhere in the midrange, but its barely audible, the D7k it is more audible.

 

That's not my experience with either a Yamaha Adventage receiver, late 1970's vintage Sansui receiver or a hybrid headphone amp.  If you're listening to them through an Onkyo receiver headphone jack, that may be what you're hearing.  My Onkyo receiver of recent vintage is not-so-good at powering many types of headphones, including the Denons.

 

When properly amped, the D5000 & D7000 mids blow those of the D2000 away, as do their sound stages.

post #95 of 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by KG Jag View Post

 

That's not my experience with either a Yamaha Adventage receiver, late 1970's vintage Sansui receiver or a hybrid headphone amp.  If you're listening to them through an Onkyo receiver headphone jack, that may be what you're hearing.  My Onkyo receiver of recent vintage is not-so-good at powering many types of headphones, including the Denons.

 

When properly amped, the D5000 & D7000 mids blow those of the D2000 away, as do their sound stages.

Actually I have been using a 2 gen old Sony when lying in bed. My onkyo is pre-digital age and sort of sitting there atm. I have been using the D7k with my STX, and impedance decreasing adapter and I have been opamp rolling, but it was my experience with the AD797, which IMHO is the most resolving and neutral. The LT1057 is a different story, but thats a whole different ball game.

post #96 of 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by KG Jag View Post

 

That's not my experience with either a Yamaha Adventage receiver, late 1970's vintage Sansui receiver or a hybrid headphone amp.  If you're listening to them through an Onkyo receiver headphone jack, that may be what you're hearing.  My Onkyo receiver of recent vintage is not-so-good at powering many types of headphones, including the Denons.

 

When properly amped, the D5000 & D7000 mids blow those of the D2000 away, as do their sound stages.

 

I would stand behind this statement after listening to the d5k for the past 24 hours. I was only looking for like a 10% improvement in SQ over the d2k. It's more in the ballpark of 30-35% easy.

post #97 of 103

I am going to hold off on final judgement until I get a Yulong D100 II

post #98 of 103

Hey Wired, shoot me a pm after you pick up the Yulong please. I've been eyeing that one for several weeks and would look to hear your impressions.

 

thanks...Matt

post #99 of 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTCG View Post

Hey Wired, shoot me a pm after you pick up the Yulong please. I've been eyeing that one for several weeks and would look to hear your impressions.

 

thanks...Matt

It's still gonna be at least 2 months. I have many other commitments... Arg birthdays....

Sent from my HTC HD2 using Tapatalk 2
post #100 of 103

Wired...did you post your impressions of the Denon's with the new Yulong???   Thinking of ordering it with my D5000's.  Very interested in your impressions.

Thanks!!

post #101 of 103

just to post here. I cancelled my order. Had other issues come up. Now looking to upgrade past the D100 to the D18 + AudioGD Master 8

post #102 of 103

I had this can about year and sold at E bay.

 

Sound ok but D7000 much better highs and treble.

post #103 of 103
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kopyland03 View Post

I had this can about year and sold at E bay.

 

Sound ok but D7000 much better highs and treble.

 

I agree...  I actually like the D7100 more than D5000.

Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Denon AH-D5000 Unboxing video and compare to the D7000.