or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › New high-end headphone amps: Vorzuge VorzAMPpure and VorzAMPduo impressions and review thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

New high-end headphone amps: Vorzuge VorzAMPpure and VorzAMPduo impressions and review thread - Page 17

post #241 of 350

Guys,

 

I seem to have a problem with my Duo. 

 

It seems to only work well when used with my AK240. if I use my friends AK120  the volume is really low, more like a static noise than anything. Using my AK240 with the DUO and the sound from the amp is perfect.

 

Any help at all? 

post #242 of 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by beemarman View Post
 

Guys,

 

I seem to have a problem with my Duo. 

 

It seems to only work well when used with my AK240. if I use my friends AK120  the volume is really low, more like a static noise than anything. Using my AK240 with the DUO and the sound from the amp is perfect.

 

Any help at all? 

Are you using interconnects with 3 pole plugs with both configurations? The duo doesn't work/glitches with 4 pole plugs.

post #243 of 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by esmBOS View Post
 

Are you using interconnects with 3 pole plugs with both configurations? The duo doesn't work/glitches with 4 pole plugs.

 

 

I have tried different cables and still same problem. It also doesn't work when using it with just the ipod with the fiio cable but it works perfect using the same interconnect cable when using my AK240.

 

:confused:

post #244 of 350
Thread Starter 

Obviously you are not getting a good connection. If the AK240 works, anything should work. It is possible there are some misaligned pins in the cable or your iPod.

post #245 of 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by shigzeo View Post

Obviously you are not getting a good connection. If the AK240 works, anything should work. It is possible there are some misaligned pins in the cable or your iPod.




I have the same problem when I use a friends AK120 but no issue when I use another amp with the same cable with the AK120.

The problem seems to only happen when I add the vorzuge amp in the mix.


mad.gif
post #246 of 350
Thread Starter 

Have you tried another cable? I've not had cable trouble. I have with iPod shuffle and other players that are not designed for remotes, or that are designed for remotes, as they can have a fourth contact point in their outputs. If it is a new iPod, they will have a fourth contact point and that may cause problems.

post #247 of 350

Absolutely stellar results using my 4 week old Vorzuge Pure II-RWA120-S & HD650's. Clean pure power with clarity, body & punch. This amp really brings out the best from my HD650.  I'm enjoying music so much now, its' hard to take my headphones off!  When I used the Pure II with my IPod 5th gen it worked fine (much better than straight IPod) although didn't sound nearly as good as with my AK120-S.

post #248 of 350

I have to return my Pure II , because of the terrible interference with cell phones , it is totally unable for my main usage with this amp (on the go : subway , train) . it's a pity , have someone had this problem with the Pure II ?

post #249 of 350
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ph58 View Post
 

I have to return my Pure II , because of the terrible interference with cell phones , it is totally unable for my main usage with this amp (on the go : subway , train) . it's a pity , have someone had this problem with the Pure II ?

The MKII of the PUREII doesn't suffer the same interference. They will probably replace it with a new one.

post #250 of 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by shigzeo View Post
 

Have you tried another cable? I've not had cable trouble. I have with iPod shuffle and other players that are not designed for remotes, or that are designed for remotes, as they can have a fourth contact point in their outputs. If it is a new iPod, they will have a fourth contact point and that may cause problems.

Yes. Tried 2 different cable and same problem.

 

As the amp is still under warranty I have emailed Vorzuge.

post #251 of 350
Thread Starter 

I hope it all gets sorted. But if it works with one source and not with another, I doubt it's the amp. If the amp was bad, it wouldn't work with any source.

post #252 of 350
Yeah it works with AK240 but other amps work with my other source and my friends duo also works with all my sources.


Very strange I know.
post #253 of 350
Going to, tomorrow - all being well, demo a Duo for a couple of days, with an option to buy...

Do you guys in the know think it will outclass both the FiiO X5 and Senn IE800, and be a bit overkill? Coming from a FiiO E12, any sneak peek from you re the improvements I should expect?

Thanks smily_headphones1.gif
post #254 of 350
Anybody paired one of the Vorzüge with either dx50 or dx90?
Any thoughts?
post #255 of 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoever View Post

Anybody paired one of the Vorzüge with either dx50 or dx90?
Any thoughts?

Yes, I have a pure ii.  It's gain adjustable to lower gain as I have CIEMs.  It's a huge improvement compared to internal amp on the DX90 and other DAPs.  It's the best portable amp I've heard, it does well with anything.  Do a search in the pure ii thread, DX90 and X5 threads, you will run into impressions.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › New high-end headphone amps: Vorzuge VorzAMPpure and VorzAMPduo impressions and review thread