or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › New high-end headphone amps: Vorzuge VorzAMPpure and VorzAMPduo impressions and review thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

New high-end headphone amps: Vorzuge VorzAMPpure and VorzAMPduo impressions and review thread - Page 14

post #196 of 348

Thank you for your comments.

You have Vorzuge Duo. But that model is the amplifier Alo? The Alo Mk3 B+?

In low range which of the two will always acts amplifiers performance and versatility? If I understand correctly the Vorzuge has a selector that adjusts the low function. Crushed dial the bass increase. The Alo Mk3 B+ has a potentiometer that allows for a better adjustment. The question is: when you adjust the selector of the amplifier Vorzuge Duo bass increase dramatically ?(and therefore might be annoying ..)

Happy Holidays

post #197 of 348

Honestly when I turn the bass dial on the MK3 plus the bass is so subtle it's almost a non factor with the Vorzuge it is more noticeable but not in your face. Neither amps bass boost affects the mids or highs and to my ears the ALO might as well not bothered the dial has a lot of play but very little to unnoticeable boost unless mine is defective. The difference in the two is power MK3 plus is a beast that should be able to drive the most power hungry cans made whereas the Vorz has no where near the power but drives my iem's with authority and the bass boost is a sweet spot I always use both the treble and bass boost . Both amps compliment each other for what they do and after several trial and errors they will be my final amp purchase's..... unbelievably I'm satisfied !     

post #198 of 348

Thank you for your intervention.
I bought the Vorzuge PureII. Unfortunately is yet to come. As soon as I receive it I try to express my opinions.
Best Regards.

And a happy new year!!

post #199 of 348
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by buruma View Post

I've received Pure2 amp.


Sweet! I will have my review up this month, too. This IS the Vorz I've been waiting for. Amazing control with IEMs. And it's got that sweet, liquid Vorz sound to boot. Nothing but praise from my end.

post #200 of 348
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by coachhouse View Post
 

Honestly when I turn the bass dial on the MK3 plus the bass is so subtle it's almost a non factor with the Vorzuge it is more noticeable but not in your face. Neither amps bass boost affects the mids or highs and to my ears the ALO might as well not bothered the dial has a lot of play but very little to unnoticeable boost unless mine is defective. The difference in the two is power MK3 plus is a beast that should be able to drive the most power hungry cans made whereas the Vorz has no where near the power but drives my iem's with authority and the bass boost is a sweet spot I always use both the treble and bass boost . Both amps compliment each other for what they do and after several trial and errors they will be my final amp purchase's..... unbelievably I'm satisfied !     

The MK3's bass boost does about 5dB. That is a LOT but it does that boost in the bass, not mid bass. Therefore, you have to have really good ears to hear the difference. Bass tones are hard for the ear to hear next to the energy of mids. But if the mid bass frequencies had also been boosted by the same amount, you would notice it more immediately. The MK3 is a GREAT do-everything amp. The Vorz is a better IEM amp, however, as it has a lower noise floor. Both drive earphones equally well, however. 

post #201 of 348
I'm using Pure2 amp.
I've found some problems.
When Pure2 amp with smart phone(4G),
It has noise.
And. Amp's metal case does not connect to GND. Anyway, I've connected GND to case.
But. 4G noise does not clear.
=(
post #202 of 348
Thread Starter 

Wireless interference isn't something an amp will overcome. The chassis of some amps are better able to deal with wireless noise than others. Cables, too, are important. Not that you need expensive cables, but shielded cables with discrete connections are better. I had a cable from Jays that was noisy and another 3$ cable that had no noise or interference from the outside world.

 

I will be publishing my review tomorrow. This, I feel, is the best Vorz yet.

post #203 of 348
Quote:
Originally Posted by shigzeo View Post

Wireless interference isn't something an amp will overcome. The chassis of some amps are better able to deal with wireless noise than others. Cables, too, are important. Not that you need expensive cables, but shielded cables with discrete connections are better. I had a cable from Jays that was noisy and another 3$ cable that had no noise or interference from the outside world.

I will be publishing my review tomorrow. This, I feel, is the best Vorz yet.
I've test it without cable for 4g noise test.
i love pure2 sound quility too.
post #204 of 348
So the Pure 2 or Amp Duo? I'm torn, even though I'm not sure about the quality of the hard treble/bass switches of the Amp Duo

I am looking for a good companion to my Rx MKIII-b (it doesn't play nicely w/ sensitive) IEMs

EDIT: just ordered the Pure 2; OT feeling the need for bass/treble controls

EDIT 2: Booo!! Just got an email from Vorzuge sales advising the Pure 2 is back ordered. Mine won't ship until January 13. At least shipping is free for me here in the U.S. Btw...what's up with the extreme pricing @ Musica Acoustics (or whatever that site is)? About a $230USD price premium to order from there.
Edited by feverfive - 1/6/14 at 9:01am
post #205 of 348
Thread Starter 

 

I've got my review of the PURE II up.... and I'm still listening to it even though I need to put down my headphones and finish a few lens shoots. I have so much work to do but DO NOT WANT TO LET the PURE II down. It is by far my favourite sounding headphone amp for IEMs, portable headphones, and low-current, high-Ω headphones like the DT880/600. Love Love Love. I went with a short review in order to stay side-step effusive language. I did my best. I've never been as surprised by an amp as I have by the PURE II. Never. I expect it to be backordered for a very long time.

 

What still stinks: the lamp. Way too bright. 

 

Apart from that, this is the real McCoy. It is better than the old Pure and the DUO. If you don't need bass boost I suggest PURE II. If you need it, DUO is it. But holy moly, I'm about to blow an effuse! ;)

post #206 of 348
Any iems you can recommend to go with it Shigzeo?:-)
post #207 of 348
Quote:
Originally Posted by shigzeo View Post
 

 

I've got my review of the PURE II up.... and I'm still listening to it even though I need to put down my headphones and finish a few lens shoots. I have so much work to do but DO NOT WANT TO LET the PURE II down. It is by far my favourite sounding headphone amp for IEMs, portable headphones, and low-current, high-Ω headphones like the DT880/600. Love Love Love. I went with a short review in order to stay side-step effusive language. I did my best. I've never been as surprised by an amp as I have by the PURE II. Never. I expect it to be backordered for a very long time.

 

What still stinks: the lamp. Way too bright. 

 

Apart from that, this is the real McCoy. It is better than the old Pure and the DUO. If you don't need bass boost I suggest PURE II. If you need it, DUO is it. But holy moly, I'm about to blow an effuse! ;)

I have had the DUO amp for a several months now and if it was not for a fellow head-fier letting me listen to it at the London meet last April I would not of known how good it is let alone who Vorzuge were!     

 

I cannot believe I have not posted on here at all about this little box but thought I was set with my TTVJ amp which is still a fine amp despite lacking the detailed resolution the DUO brings, the TTVJ has it's own unique valve like warm signature for a solid state amp  (hence why I have kept it along side the Vorzuge) with a nice slim quality build and the digital volume dial also pulled me to the TTVJ which was one of my priority's after owning a Ibasso PB1 amp and knowing the Vorzuge did not have one of those digital volume wheels as a negative went out of the window as soon as I heard the DUO.  Within the first minute I knew it clicked with my Sony X1060 and JH16pros back last April and despite the high price tag was sold on it.  

 

Only thing is now I have to say I am looking forward to your review on the Pure II amp but without revealing any spoilers from your review I am curious with you already saying this is better than it's first two incarnations in the Pure mrk1 & my DUO and with only getting my DUO several months ago am wondering "how much better"?  

 

..... As it is a higher class amp in the Pure II I do believe as it for one does sure have a shorter battery life with average of only 10 hours which although I know this well may be brought around by the extra performance improvement it will bring in SQ is still ideally in a user world a bit on the short side and wonder if that 10 hours is the ceiling so when heavier load cans need to be driven will it be less than that? 

 

Other than that if this is better than the DUO i'm sold on it as although the DUO EQ switching on the bass and treble are implemented quite well by Vorzuge I only ever needed them to balance poor recordings if lacking the dynamics or if recessed in that range. Otherwise with a good quality recording although albeit I admit it is fun can sound a bit too coloured and fatiguing to the original recording if left on all the time. 

 

I now have the new Sony ZX1 Walkman and found as posted on the ZX1 thread it can power my 24 ohm Sony MDR-7520 & MDR_R1 headphones okay if it is with a poor recorded red book or in general high res files seem to be dropped a few db on the recorded output it can be much as 10 steps on the volume lower to normal which then is not enough so found the DUO is needed for them and whilst I was there dabbling tried it with the JH16pros and the Vorzuge still brought some improvements to the ZX1 despite this been most probably one of the now highly regarded daps available from other ZX1 owners who own other high end daps but yet the DUO just added a bit more clarity and forwardness in the mids and presented the bass notes slightly different in terms of signature but still as good with a tight focused punchy bass note and gave a bit more body to the high notes but unfortunately it took away one of the great revelations of the ZX1 and did actually as a result make the magical soundstage a bit more narrow although still wide not the exceptional expansive soundstage I have become accustomed to since owning my ZX1.  

 

I am still in awe of the DUO and is a keeper for the long term as I am not one for switching amps for the sake of it but am now in wonderment and curiosity of how much this Pure II has come on over my DUO amp and now wait on your huge bag of words to flow with a review of this new Vorzuge offering which looks nice in the Pearl White contrasted by keeping the black front panel. :wink_face: 


Edited by FortisFlyer75 - 1/11/14 at 6:11pm
post #208 of 348

p.s. Agree:  the power lamp is annoyingly too bright, acts as a torch when in bed listening at night!  ...Well impresses the wife!

post #209 of 348
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonicmasala View Post

Any iems you can recommend to go with it Shigzeo?:-)

The PURE II is perfect with all IEMs of any build. It can drive anything you have perfectly. It has perfect balance, low noise floor, great resolution, and control at any Ω spec and any sensitivity. The signature is slightly warm but detailed. I can't say that one earphone will sound better than another because it is all personal preference. Back when I started reading headfi in like 2003 or so, I thought that sound synergy between components was key... but found out that ears are where that synergy ends. I can say that the PURE II is perfectly able to drive any earphone out there no matter the build. If that  earphone is to you liking, then the PURE II will match it...

 

The only problem I have is if you like that earphone with a player/amp that isn't able to drive the earphone properly, in which case you are not hearing what that earphone is capable of from the start. Therefore, if you enjoy the sound of that earphone from the likes of a DX100 or DX50 then I would say the PURE II will be up your ally. If you like it with an iPod 5G or Cowon D2 or Sony Walkman, you may find the sound of the earphone changes because the impedance output of those devices isn't as good as it could be and will distort the sound. 

 

In which case, you have never heard your earphone the way it is meant to be heard. 

post #210 of 348
Quote:
Originally Posted by shigzeo View Post
 

The PURE II is perfect with all IEMs of any build. It can drive anything you have perfectly. It has perfect balance, low noise floor, great resolution, and control at any Ω spec and any sensitivity. The signature is slightly warm but detailed. I can't say that one earphone will sound better than another because it is all personal preference. Back when I started reading headfi in like 2003 or so, I thought that sound synergy between components was key... but found out that ears are where that synergy ends. I can say that the PURE II is perfectly able to drive any earphone out there no matter the build. If that  earphone is to you liking, then the PURE II will match it...

 

The only problem I have is if you like that earphone with a player/amp that isn't able to drive the earphone properly, in which case you are not hearing what that earphone is capable of from the start. Therefore, if you enjoy the sound of that earphone from the likes of a DX100 or DX50 then I would say the PURE II will be up your ally. If you like it with an iPod 5G or Cowon D2 or Sony Walkman, you may find the sound of the earphone changes because the impedance output of those devices isn't as good as it could be and will distort the sound. 

 

In which case, you have never heard your earphone the way it is meant to be heard. 

 

I'm still listening to my gear with a CLAS and RSA SR-71A, which easily powers about anything you can think of with a detailed warm signature and very black background. I really haven't had any volume control issues with Westones, FitEar, or Final Audio iems with this setup.  But I've been using my Parterre's more frequently now than full size headphones and am wondering what the Pure II might offer as an advantage over what I have now.  Any thoughts on this?  Thanks!


Edited by fiascogarcia - 1/12/14 at 4:38am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › New high-end headphone amps: Vorzuge VorzAMPpure and VorzAMPduo impressions and review thread