- 55 Posts. Joined 3/2013
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productFitEar TO GO! 334tagged by System, 6/22/12
- productGraham Slee Voyagertagged by System, 6/22/12
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 6/22/12
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 6/22/12
- productVorzuge VorzAMPduotagged by System, 6/22/12
- productVorzuge VorzAMPpuretagged by System, 6/22/12
Related Forum Threads
- Best choice for portable Amp for LCD-2s?? Last post on 1/1/15 at 1:28pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Vorzamp pure or duo? Last post on 8/9/12 at 11:11pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Searching for a High-End Portable amp for my customs Last post on 8/1/12 at 8:03am in Portable Headphone Amps
- ALO Rx Mk3 versus Blackbird 71b amps Last post on 7/3/12 at 6:41am in Portable Headphone Amps
- DigiZoid ZO or Headstage Arrow? Last post on 12/12/11 at 9:44pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 11/29/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
To begin with, I would like to thank iFi for making this great tour and allowing some of us to test this product. I've been enjoying my original micro iDSD since January 2015 and it is really a...
-- **This review is a sample portion from the full thread: Meet the Puresounds Earbud Family.** **All photos are taken by me.** **Disclaimer - I was provided the Puresounds...
There comes a time you're bored from your audio gear. You don't have a grand or two for a new set of ultra high end headphones to give you that fresh kick, and electronics costing as much as your...
MY GOD!!! I have just received my headphones! I have been putting them through there initial paces straight from the box, after just 30 mins I have had to come here to let you know my experience so...
At the time this review was written, the Oriveti NEW Primacy was listed for sale on Amazon’s website. Here is a link to their listing of the...
New high-end headphone amps: Vorzuge VorzAMPpure and VorzAMPduo impressions and review thread - Page 11post #151 of 3556/20/13 at 3:07amThanks for the reply bro shigzeo. As i understand at lower volumes there is a tendency to have channel inbalance. Do you ecounter it with the vol set at 1? Guess need to ask Vorzamp to reduce the gain even further to accommodated the F111 or get myself the Kuro. 😊
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #152 of 3556/20/13 at 6:06amThread Starter
KURO should have no problems with the gain of the Vorzuge. All amps with analogue volume pots/sliders/attenuators experience channel imbalance. Many have gains that are too aggressive. Vorzuge is just one of that number. F111 isn't nearly as sensitive as some other earphones so you may find that it works just fine with Vorzuge.post #153 of 3556/21/13 at 7:54ampost #154 of 3556/22/13 at 10:05pmThread Starterpost #155 of 3556/23/13 at 3:45amQuote:
had a chance to do a quick audition at Jaben STC yesterday. My initial impression is "so-so",lah. Compared to JDSLab C5, the sound quality difference is very slight, if there is any (cannot tell which one is better). The dimension is a bit bigger, so not fit perfectly to iPod classic (but still finely fit, anyway). Regarding the price, dunno whether it is worth it or not..post #156 of 3556/26/13 at 9:58amQuote:Originally Posted by shigzeo
What headphones/earphones are you using?
Both the Vorz and the Portatube have NO problems with low Ω earphones or headphones. However, the Porta Tube as a lot more power for low sensitivity headphones. From there, it is a pretty typical valve amp except that there is very little roll off in any frequency. It is a smoother sound than the Vorz but I woudn't say better. Just different. The porta is one of my favs. So is the Vorz. For out and a bout, 26 hours of battery life is hard to beat, plus the pretty insane EQ switch on the Vorz.
The porta isn't as detailed in stereo imaging as the vorz. But I can't fault it.
What would be your recommendation if I listened mainly to kpop and korean indies, such as the below?
I'm using rwak100 and JVC victor fx700. At the moment, I find the setup great for smooth vocals in slower songs, but it sounded too bright for the music component for faster songs, with the vocal component being too laid-back, holographic and recessed, especially for the latter. I prefer the sony sound signature, warmer and more forward. My fx700 had pretty good bass. Should I ask for a gain reduction as well from vorz?post #157 of 3556/26/13 at 4:07pmThread Starter
You like a slightly more forward vocal presentation but aren't into the scratchy brightness of the Victors? You may find that Ocharaku Kuro works for you: less scratchy up top and amazing vocals and midrange with incredible bass. It is a bit more expensive, though: 450$. My favourite cheaper earphone is the Grado GR8, which does not necessitate an amp being de-gained, and had a smooth, slightly forward midrange with detailed bass. It is flatter than the Sony or the Victor, but represents a more bass-oriented version of flat. It looks cheap but it is great.
But if I had the money and didn't worry too much about isolation: KURO.
If you love vocals and bass and want to tailor your sound, Sleek Audio SA7 is killer. Great customisation system and good attack/decay in bass with GR8-like mid section. Better isolation. (I actually missed my loud train the other day because I had them in my ears.) The cable is poor, though.post #158 of 3556/30/13 at 10:32ampost #159 of 3556/30/13 at 3:36pmQuote:Originally Posted by sue4
had a chance to do a quick audition at Jaben STC yesterday. My initial impression is "so-so",lah. Compared to JDSLab C5, the sound quality difference is very slight, if there is any (cannot tell which one is better). The dimension is a bit bigger, so not fit perfectly to iPod classic (but still finely fit, anyway). Regarding the price, dunno whether it is worth it or not..
I have heard the Vorzuge Amp Duo at the same place like you Jaben STC
The clarity and detail is very good , bass impact is very good , only the midrange my pico power is better .
It is very good for iems and low impedance headphone
Minus : lack of power for high impedance headphone
I hold my purchase because the power is not as big as my others amp , pico power, alo Rx 3 b, intruder .
I try Vorzuge Amp Duo fresh from the box , haven't burn in.post #160 of 3556/30/13 at 4:11pmI listened to the pure version at the London meet in April and was the first portable amp that gave me the wow factor within first five minutes of listening to it.
I just ordered this amp in the duo model which came through a couple of days ago and had the wow factor of that demo I had of them at the London meet in April.
I tried it with my jh16pros and Sony x wallkman using wav files and is the perfect match. Also done a breif two hour stint with my Sony mdr-r1 and controls them with convincing authority and controls the highs the Sony cans sometimes experience. Still to try with my Sony mdr-z1000s and heir 5.0 so will report back soon with more in depth listening experience with this amp.....
Does anyone know what the maximum ohm cans the Vorzuge will drive?post #161 of 3556/30/13 at 4:47pmThread StarterThe maximum the vorz will drive is rather up to:
Sensitivity of headphone
And a few other things.
My 600 ohm DT880 ran fine at normal listening volumes on modern recordings. No flub or imd distortion. At higher levels with truly dynamic music such as orchestral music, the vorz should fair a bit worse.
It uses two AA batteries so voltage will be somewhat on the low side, but its not a big problem. For midrange ohm headphones with higher current to voltage ratios may need more current juice to higher voltages but that depends on your music and listening volume.
Almost as a rule, high ohm, low current headphones are actually pretty easy to drive. They don't get the same volume but they get cleaner, distortion-free signals from amps that couldn't run clean signals to lower ohm, high current headphones or earphones.
Vorz is competent in this regard but not perfect.post #162 of 3557/1/13 at 1:14ampost #163 of 3557/1/13 at 1:15amThanks shigzeo, I was intending on using it with my iems anyway but was just curious as I had never seen the usual spec info for this on their website
Im just happy it has good synergy with my SONY mdr-r1 cans also which are only 24ohms any way. Like you touched upon though its as much about the current as well as ohms. I am still getting over how enjoyable this little amp is.
Edited by FortisFlyer75 - 7/1/13 at 1:28ampost #164 of 3557/1/13 at 7:07pmI had a chance to do some comparation between vorzamp pure and the jdslabs c5. My friend told me that he couldnt hear the difference between both amps, just like sue4 said.
Both amps really had an identical soundsig. At a glance i almost couldnt hear the difference, but if i listen carefully, the vorzamp is just better in every aspect.
better bass control and texture, smoother high, and awesome mid. This bring the vorzamp to different level compared to c5.post #165 of 3558/26/13 at 12:40pm
i currently own a pair of denon d2000's and a pair of custom 1964 quads....both i think have sufficient bass for my bass head needs....so i wanted to ask with the exception of the eq in the duo...is their a difference in sound with the amps in stock form...
thanks in advance guys...
- New high-end headphone amps: Vorzuge VorzAMPpure and VorzAMPduo impressions and review thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Caffeine addicts anonymous 21 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Sonarworks Headphone Calibration software 1 minute ago
- › Benchmark DAC1 USB + Hifiman HE560 2 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 4 minutes ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 4 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 4 minutes ago
- › ATTICUS and EIKON, the new dynamic driver headphones from ZMF 5 minutes ago
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by rafaelpernil
- › PureSounds PS100-600 by BloodyPenguin
- › Schiit Audio Vali 2 by DeeKay10
- › AKG K92 | Over Ear Closed Back Monitoring Headphone by SaturnVuk
- › ORIVETI NEW PRIMACY - Premium Triple Driver Hybrid HiFi IEM Headphones by Hisoundfi
- › Accutone Gemini HD by crabdog
- › FiiO F3 Dynamic In-Ear Monitors by Brooko
- › ADV.Sound EVO X by chompchomps
- › Cayin i5 by piksnz
- › Empire Ears Zeus by ejong7
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear