It's shorter than an iPod, but thicker. You'll see in my review. Just wait till Friday, okay?!
Recent Images In This Thread
- productFitEar TO GO! 334tagged by System, 6/22/12
- productGraham Slee Voyagertagged by System, 6/22/12
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 6/22/12
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 6/22/12
- productVorzuge VorzAMPduotagged by System, 6/22/12
- productVorzuge VorzAMPpuretagged by System, 6/22/12
Related Forum Threads
- Best choice for portable Amp for LCD-2s?? Last post on 9/4/13 at 8:02am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Vorzamp pure or duo? Last post on 8/9/12 at 11:11pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Searching for a High-End Portable amp for my customs Last post on 8/1/12 at 8:03am in Portable Headphone Amps
- ALO Rx Mk3 versus Blackbird 71b amps Last post on 7/3/12 at 6:41am in Portable Headphone Amps
- DigiZoid ZO or Headstage Arrow? Last post on 12/12/11 at 9:44pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
160$ - 180$ price range but was lucky enough to buy it from e-bay only 100$ ?!!?
- Headphone Impedance
New high-end headphone amps: Vorzuge VorzAMPpure and VorzAMPduo impressions and review thread - Page 2
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Both are 'enough' for the SE535. They have same circuitry running under their bonnets, but one has extra EQ circuits to make lots of treble and bass go boom and ching! in your earphones. Honestly, I love the pure for simple ergonomic reasons. Great amps, both.
What do u think if I am using P51...vorzuge is my upgrade choice?
Edited by guppyguppyguppy - 7/1/12 at 9:05pm
I've only spent a few minutes with the P51. However, at a recent headfi meet, most of the excitement in this price category and size category was from the Vorzüge amps, especially, actually, the Pure version. Several well-respected members here were quite taken with it.
Comparing to P51, vorzuge is less colored.............or rather, colored in a very different way. P51's heavily colored midrange is a love or hate matter - for me I love it for certain tracks but hate it for many others. vorzuge is more versatile in the sense that it is easy to form good synergy with different genre / instrumentation / types of vocals / cans.
I can't be happier with my experience with the VorzAmp, but that can't stop myself from wondering about this claim - "VorzAMPduo™ comprises of 4 internal amplifiers with top notch components to give its listeners the ultimate audio experience/clarity."
4 internal amplifiers............that means 4 opamps or what? Maybe I've overlooked something but anyone got any info on that, or which opamps are inside? Or are they playing secretive like RSA? (P.S. I'm a complete electronics noob)
They are secretive like just about everyone except iBasso and a few others that advertise based on chips. Everyone from Jaben to ALO to Vorzüge hide their chips by sanding or painting over the marks.
At first, I was against this, but each maker is in a business. When I was in Korea, I saw a number of once-distributors who copied the designs of more trusting companies and turned their own version out. The same goes in China as they have access to manufacturers very easily. So, while it seems unscrupulous on the one hand, it is safe, and smart, on the other. I don't know what the 4 amplifiers means according to Vorzüge, either, to tell you the truth.
In your opinion, which amp should I choose with a setup consisting of UE 18 Pro and iPhone 4S: Pico slim, ttvj slim or vorzamppure? Or is Alo mkIII the way?
To be honest, if you are opting for multi-armature earphones with complex crossovers, single ended is the best way to go. Balanced DOES offer more power, but can create offsets in the crossover that changes the intended signature of the IEM. Balanced amps are amazing, but they are better for single driver earphones/headphones, especially dynamic headphones.
The Vorüge amps are single ended all the way, and a little big cheaper than the competition because of simpler circuitry. When using such complex earphones, single ended has a lot of advantages.
If you wanted to get heaps and heaps of power from a headpone (like DT880), the RXIII is the way to go.
I'm still making my video. Today, I recorded my video comparing ES7 and DT880 via VorzAMPduo, ALO National, ALO continental II, ALO RxIII, GoVibe Porta Tube+. The VorzAMP and ALO RXIII perform in single ended mode best with armature earphones, but the RXIII does hiss more, though it seems to have (in its latest iteration) a better balance at low volumes. But the VorzAMP honestly is much easier to use with earphones and IEM's.
Personally, I rarely use amps unless it isn't summer when commuting. When it's the fall (and cooler) I prefer a small amp. The VorzAMP is perfect for this.
- New high-end headphone amps: Vorzuge VorzAMPpure and VorzAMPduo impressions and review thread
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › New high-end headphone amps: Vorzuge VorzAMPpure and VorzAMPduo... 27 seconds ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Dec 20th 2013 2 minutes ago
- › HifiMan or Audeze headband assembly 2 minutes ago
- › The JVC HA-S680 - S400's and S500's big brother is here! 5 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK120 for Mac users 6 minutes ago
- › Audio-gd Master-5/6/8/9 balanced head amp/ preamp 7 minutes ago
- › Singapore Head-Fi Meet 8th December 2013 [Pictures] 9 minutes ago
- › Tokyo 2013 Autumn Fujiya Avic show impressions. 9 minutes ago
- › DITA - The Answer (Truth Edition). 9 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum appreciation thread 10 minutes ago
- › Yamaha HPH-MT120BL High Fidelity Over-ear Headphones by ron watson
- › Audeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphones by davisman
- › TDK BA200 by ScreenKiller
- › Brainwavz R3 Dual Dynamic Driver Earphones by Brooko
- › Sony MDR7506 Professional Large Diaphragm Headphone by Trunks159
- › Samson SR950 by Emid
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by Misterbushido-
- › Ultrasone DJ1 by HybridBlinds
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by davisman
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by gelocks
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by SocialCapital