It's shorter than an iPod, but thicker. You'll see in my review. Just wait till Friday, okay?!
Recent Images In This Thread
- productFitEar TO GO! 334tagged by System, 6/22/12
- productGraham Slee Voyagertagged by System, 6/22/12
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 6/22/12
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 6/22/12
- productVorzuge VorzAMPduotagged by System, 6/22/12
- productVorzuge VorzAMPpuretagged by System, 6/22/12
Related Forum Threads
- Best choice for portable Amp for LCD-2s?? Last post on 1/1/15 at 1:28pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Vorzamp pure or duo? Last post on 8/9/12 at 11:11pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Searching for a High-End Portable amp for my customs Last post on 8/1/12 at 8:03am in Portable Headphone Amps
- ALO Rx Mk3 versus Blackbird 71b amps Last post on 7/3/12 at 6:41am in Portable Headphone Amps
- DigiZoid ZO or Headstage Arrow? Last post on 12/12/11 at 9:44pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 11/29/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
This is a report about a new IEM from Brainwavz. The B100 Specifications: Drivers : Single Balanced Armature Rated Impedance : 50 Ω Frequency Range : 15 Hz ~ 22...
A little bit about me: So I am Neil. a normal music loving lad who works here in Japan. I commute everyday, and I am always searching for the best value for my music needs. I currently use the...
I tested these headphones and was not very impressed with them. The price was very high for a used pair of headphones and it did not seem to compete well with other brands at lower price points....
[[SPOILER]] Disclaimer: The CL1 were provided to me as a part of the North American Review Tour by RHA. I have been given 10 days to listen to and then write a review where I will pass them along...
SPECS: No written spec was found for the UMI-BTA9 WHERE TO BUY / COST: http://amzn.to/2h6jhkA $69.99 new ( often heavily discounted down to $25 or less ) OVERVIEW Happy...
New high-end headphone amps: Vorzuge VorzAMPpure and VorzAMPduo impressions and review thread - Page 2post #16 of 3516/18/12 at 6:40amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 3516/18/12 at 12:27pmpost #18 of 3516/18/12 at 2:42pmThread Starterpost #19 of 3516/25/12 at 11:25pmpost #20 of 3516/26/12 at 12:48ampost #21 of 3516/28/12 at 1:16amThread Starterpost #22 of 3517/1/12 at 1:35ampost #23 of 3517/1/12 at 6:34amThread Starter
Both are 'enough' for the SE535. They have same circuitry running under their bonnets, but one has extra EQ circuits to make lots of treble and bass go boom and ching! in your earphones. Honestly, I love the pure for simple ergonomic reasons. Great amps, both.post #24 of 3517/1/12 at 10:18amQuote:
What do u think if I am using P51...vorzuge is my upgrade choice?
Edited by guppyguppyguppy - 7/1/12 at 9:05pmpost #25 of 3517/2/12 at 5:54amThread Starter
I've only spent a few minutes with the P51. However, at a recent headfi meet, most of the excitement in this price category and size category was from the Vorzüge amps, especially, actually, the Pure version. Several well-respected members here were quite taken with it.post #26 of 3517/4/12 at 9:06pmQuote:
Comparing to P51, vorzuge is less colored.............or rather, colored in a very different way. P51's heavily colored midrange is a love or hate matter - for me I love it for certain tracks but hate it for many others. vorzuge is more versatile in the sense that it is easy to form good synergy with different genre / instrumentation / types of vocals / cans.post #27 of 3517/4/12 at 9:50pm
I can't be happier with my experience with the VorzAmp, but that can't stop myself from wondering about this claim - "VorzAMPduo™ comprises of 4 internal amplifiers with top notch components to give its listeners the ultimate audio experience/clarity."
4 internal amplifiers............that means 4 opamps or what? Maybe I've overlooked something but anyone got any info on that, or which opamps are inside? Or are they playing secretive like RSA? (P.S. I'm a complete electronics noob)post #28 of 3517/4/12 at 11:35pmThread Starter
They are secretive like just about everyone except iBasso and a few others that advertise based on chips. Everyone from Jaben to ALO to Vorzüge hide their chips by sanding or painting over the marks.
At first, I was against this, but each maker is in a business. When I was in Korea, I saw a number of once-distributors who copied the designs of more trusting companies and turned their own version out. The same goes in China as they have access to manufacturers very easily. So, while it seems unscrupulous on the one hand, it is safe, and smart, on the other. I don't know what the 4 amplifiers means according to Vorzüge, either, to tell you the truth.post #29 of 3517/5/12 at 6:17amQuote:
In your opinion, which amp should I choose with a setup consisting of UE 18 Pro and iPhone 4S: Pico slim, ttvj slim or vorzamppure? Or is Alo mkIII the way?
Thankspost #30 of 3517/5/12 at 7:18amThread Starter
To be honest, if you are opting for multi-armature earphones with complex crossovers, single ended is the best way to go. Balanced DOES offer more power, but can create offsets in the crossover that changes the intended signature of the IEM. Balanced amps are amazing, but they are better for single driver earphones/headphones, especially dynamic headphones.
The Vorüge amps are single ended all the way, and a little big cheaper than the competition because of simpler circuitry. When using such complex earphones, single ended has a lot of advantages.
If you wanted to get heaps and heaps of power from a headpone (like DT880), the RXIII is the way to go.
I'm still making my video. Today, I recorded my video comparing ES7 and DT880 via VorzAMPduo, ALO National, ALO continental II, ALO RxIII, GoVibe Porta Tube+. The VorzAMP and ALO RXIII perform in single ended mode best with armature earphones, but the RXIII does hiss more, though it seems to have (in its latest iteration) a better balance at low volumes. But the VorzAMP honestly is much easier to use with earphones and IEM's.
Personally, I rarely use amps unless it isn't summer when commuting. When it's the fall (and cooler) I prefer a small amp. The VorzAMP is perfect for this.
- New high-end headphone amps: Vorzuge VorzAMPpure and VorzAMPduo impressions and review thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › What a long, strange trip it's been -- (Robert Hunter) 39 seconds ago
- › New Kennerton ODIN (Planar Magnetic), MAGISTER, VALI... 1 minute ago
- › DX200 Details, features and specifications 1st page. With WiFi and... 1 minute ago
- › Entry-level USB DAC for Laptop Setup? (HiFimeDIY 9018 vs SMSL... 2 minutes ago
- › Rate The Last Movie You Watched 2 minutes ago
- › Dita Audio Flagship - "The Dream" 2 minutes ago
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 3 minutes ago
- › Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (advanced wireless & microSD module for... 3 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 3 minutes ago
- › PS Audio P3/P5/P10 3 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz B100 Balanced Armature Earphone by Dsnuts
- › Audeze iSine 10 by neilmanalo
- › Stax SR-507 Electrostatic Earspeaker by audiophilehe400
- › RHA CL1 Ceramic by Delance26
- › UMIDIGI BTA9 Sports IEM by NA Blur
- › RHA CL750 by Jackpot77
- › MEE audio - MMCX SILVER-PLATED CABLE by Zelda
- › Skullcandy Crusher Wireless Bluetooth Over-Ear Headphone with Mic -... by fusiondragon
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by mokler
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by mokler
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear