It's shorter than an iPod, but thicker. You'll see in my review. Just wait till Friday, okay?!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Best choice for portable Amp for LCD-2s?? Last post on 4/7/13 at 9:58pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Vorzamp pure or duo? Last post on 8/9/12 at 11:11pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Searching for a High-End Portable amp for my customs Last post on 8/1/12 at 8:03am in Portable Headphone Amps
- ALO Rx Mk3 versus Blackbird 71b amps Last post on 7/3/12 at 6:41am in Portable Headphone Amps
- DigiZoid ZO or Headstage Arrow? Last post on 12/12/11 at 9:44pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Diy Beginners Guide
Edited on 11/14/12
- Headphone ImpedanceEdited on 8/18/12
I bought these headphones just for the fun of it, to see how they sound with all that apparently amazing bass. Well, for $50, they're ok sounding for extra bass headphones. They do have a...
Bought it some time ago, based on user reviews. Straight out of the box it seemed huge, especially compared to my old Cowon D2. Also, sound was awful. Granted, I don't have large hi-fi cans, only...
Along with the summary below, I have posted a Youtube video review of the ATH-CKN70. If you like the video, check out my channel for more reviews :) Summary BUILD The...
Introduction I’m a basshead. I say that loudly and proudly, even though some folks believe basshead and audiophile are mutually exclusive. Obviously, I’m not in that camp. But sometimes, I...
I read reviews on this and I said let me try this out, for $10 I couldn't lose. This surpassed all of expectations for a $10 IEM. I am going to purchase a set for my wife, she was also blown...
- Headphone Impedance
New high-end headphone amps: Vorzuge VorzAMPpure and VorzAMPduo impressions and review thread - Page 2
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Both are 'enough' for the SE535. They have same circuitry running under their bonnets, but one has extra EQ circuits to make lots of treble and bass go boom and ching! in your earphones. Honestly, I love the pure for simple ergonomic reasons. Great amps, both.
What do u think if I am using P51...vorzuge is my upgrade choice?
Edited by guppyguppyguppy - 7/1/12 at 9:05pm
I've only spent a few minutes with the P51. However, at a recent headfi meet, most of the excitement in this price category and size category was from the Vorzüge amps, especially, actually, the Pure version. Several well-respected members here were quite taken with it.
Comparing to P51, vorzuge is less colored.............or rather, colored in a very different way. P51's heavily colored midrange is a love or hate matter - for me I love it for certain tracks but hate it for many others. vorzuge is more versatile in the sense that it is easy to form good synergy with different genre / instrumentation / types of vocals / cans.
I can't be happier with my experience with the VorzAmp, but that can't stop myself from wondering about this claim - "VorzAMPduo™ comprises of 4 internal amplifiers with top notch components to give its listeners the ultimate audio experience/clarity."
4 internal amplifiers............that means 4 opamps or what? Maybe I've overlooked something but anyone got any info on that, or which opamps are inside? Or are they playing secretive like RSA? (P.S. I'm a complete electronics noob)
They are secretive like just about everyone except iBasso and a few others that advertise based on chips. Everyone from Jaben to ALO to Vorzüge hide their chips by sanding or painting over the marks.
At first, I was against this, but each maker is in a business. When I was in Korea, I saw a number of once-distributors who copied the designs of more trusting companies and turned their own version out. The same goes in China as they have access to manufacturers very easily. So, while it seems unscrupulous on the one hand, it is safe, and smart, on the other. I don't know what the 4 amplifiers means according to Vorzüge, either, to tell you the truth.
In your opinion, which amp should I choose with a setup consisting of UE 18 Pro and iPhone 4S: Pico slim, ttvj slim or vorzamppure? Or is Alo mkIII the way?
To be honest, if you are opting for multi-armature earphones with complex crossovers, single ended is the best way to go. Balanced DOES offer more power, but can create offsets in the crossover that changes the intended signature of the IEM. Balanced amps are amazing, but they are better for single driver earphones/headphones, especially dynamic headphones.
The Vorüge amps are single ended all the way, and a little big cheaper than the competition because of simpler circuitry. When using such complex earphones, single ended has a lot of advantages.
If you wanted to get heaps and heaps of power from a headpone (like DT880), the RXIII is the way to go.
I'm still making my video. Today, I recorded my video comparing ES7 and DT880 via VorzAMPduo, ALO National, ALO continental II, ALO RxIII, GoVibe Porta Tube+. The VorzAMP and ALO RXIII perform in single ended mode best with armature earphones, but the RXIII does hiss more, though it seems to have (in its latest iteration) a better balance at low volumes. But the VorzAMP honestly is much easier to use with earphones and IEM's.
Personally, I rarely use amps unless it isn't summer when commuting. When it's the fall (and cooler) I prefer a small amp. The VorzAMP is perfect for this.
- New high-end headphone amps: Vorzuge VorzAMPpure and VorzAMPduo impressions and review thread
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 seconds ago
- › Upgrading from ipod 5.5g or wait for X3? 9 seconds ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 48 seconds ago
- › FiiO E17 "ALPEN" - First Impression + Final Thought 59 seconds ago
- › The All-New WA7 Fireflies from Woo Audio 1 minute ago
- › Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM Appreciation/Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Funny comments from the forums. 2 minutes ago
- › Toxic Cables - The Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Post A Photograph Of Your Turntable 4 minutes ago
- › Looking for a comfort and quality upgrade from my PRO700MK2's 5 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by derbigpr
- › Colorfly Pocket Hi-fi C4 by yxmees
- › audio-technica Premium Compact Inner Ear Headphones ATH-CKN70 Black... by a_recording
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by TheGame21x
- › Monoprice 8320 IEM by Taharqa
- › Fanmusic MS-E1011 by ItsMeHere
- › Audio-gd NFB-5 by citadel
- › HE-5LE by JamesHuntington
- › Kozee Sound Solutions Infinity X2 by Insight Reviews
- › JVC HA M750 by tinamou62
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe