It's shorter than an iPod, but thicker. You'll see in my review. Just wait till Friday, okay?!
Recent Images In This Thread
- productFitEar TO GO! 334tagged by System, 6/22/12
- productGraham Slee Voyagertagged by System, 6/22/12
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 6/22/12
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 6/22/12
- productVorzuge VorzAMPduotagged by System, 6/22/12
- productVorzuge VorzAMPpuretagged by System, 6/22/12
Related Forum Threads
- Best choice for portable Amp for LCD-2s?? Last post on 9/4/13 at 8:02am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Vorzamp pure or duo? Last post on 8/9/12 at 11:11pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Searching for a High-End Portable amp for my customs Last post on 8/1/12 at 8:03am in Portable Headphone Amps
- ALO Rx Mk3 versus Blackbird 71b amps Last post on 7/3/12 at 6:41am in Portable Headphone Amps
- DigiZoid ZO or Headstage Arrow? Last post on 12/12/11 at 9:44pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
The new iteration of the Brainwavz R3 is an intriguing earphone. They’re large earphones, each side containing two dynamic drivers in big pill shaped aluminium housings. They currently retail for...
INTRODUCTION First of all, a big THANK YOU to Michael Lin from FIDUE for providing the review unit. It is much appreciated, and my humble ears are feeling so incredibly honoured to be...
iBasso D-Zero MKII Review iBasso is a very common name out there on the forums now, with their DX50 and DX90 gaining a rather large user base. I have reviewed both the DX50 and DX90 and I found...
These headphones generally are excellent. They possess this remarkable mixture of openness and intimacy at the same time. There’s a true sense of soundstage, with a good width and depth and still...
Brainwavz S0 Quick Review Thanks to mp4nation for the sample. Full Review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/743834/brainwavz-s0-review-by-mark2410 Brief: The S5 has a baby...
- Headphone Impedance
New high-end headphone amps: Vorzuge VorzAMPpure and VorzAMPduo impressions and review thread - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Both are 'enough' for the SE535. They have same circuitry running under their bonnets, but one has extra EQ circuits to make lots of treble and bass go boom and ching! in your earphones. Honestly, I love the pure for simple ergonomic reasons. Great amps, both.
What do u think if I am using P51...vorzuge is my upgrade choice?
Edited by guppyguppyguppy - 7/1/12 at 9:05pm
I've only spent a few minutes with the P51. However, at a recent headfi meet, most of the excitement in this price category and size category was from the Vorzüge amps, especially, actually, the Pure version. Several well-respected members here were quite taken with it.
Comparing to P51, vorzuge is less colored.............or rather, colored in a very different way. P51's heavily colored midrange is a love or hate matter - for me I love it for certain tracks but hate it for many others. vorzuge is more versatile in the sense that it is easy to form good synergy with different genre / instrumentation / types of vocals / cans.
I can't be happier with my experience with the VorzAmp, but that can't stop myself from wondering about this claim - "VorzAMPduo™ comprises of 4 internal amplifiers with top notch components to give its listeners the ultimate audio experience/clarity."
4 internal amplifiers............that means 4 opamps or what? Maybe I've overlooked something but anyone got any info on that, or which opamps are inside? Or are they playing secretive like RSA? (P.S. I'm a complete electronics noob)
They are secretive like just about everyone except iBasso and a few others that advertise based on chips. Everyone from Jaben to ALO to Vorzüge hide their chips by sanding or painting over the marks.
At first, I was against this, but each maker is in a business. When I was in Korea, I saw a number of once-distributors who copied the designs of more trusting companies and turned their own version out. The same goes in China as they have access to manufacturers very easily. So, while it seems unscrupulous on the one hand, it is safe, and smart, on the other. I don't know what the 4 amplifiers means according to Vorzüge, either, to tell you the truth.
In your opinion, which amp should I choose with a setup consisting of UE 18 Pro and iPhone 4S: Pico slim, ttvj slim or vorzamppure? Or is Alo mkIII the way?
To be honest, if you are opting for multi-armature earphones with complex crossovers, single ended is the best way to go. Balanced DOES offer more power, but can create offsets in the crossover that changes the intended signature of the IEM. Balanced amps are amazing, but they are better for single driver earphones/headphones, especially dynamic headphones.
The Vorüge amps are single ended all the way, and a little big cheaper than the competition because of simpler circuitry. When using such complex earphones, single ended has a lot of advantages.
If you wanted to get heaps and heaps of power from a headpone (like DT880), the RXIII is the way to go.
I'm still making my video. Today, I recorded my video comparing ES7 and DT880 via VorzAMPduo, ALO National, ALO continental II, ALO RxIII, GoVibe Porta Tube+. The VorzAMP and ALO RXIII perform in single ended mode best with armature earphones, but the RXIII does hiss more, though it seems to have (in its latest iteration) a better balance at low volumes. But the VorzAMP honestly is much easier to use with earphones and IEM's.
Personally, I rarely use amps unless it isn't summer when commuting. When it's the fall (and cooler) I prefer a small amp. The VorzAMP is perfect for this.
- New high-end headphone amps: Vorzuge VorzAMPpure and VorzAMPduo impressions and review thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Creative Sound Blaster® X7 Named as a Double 2015 CES Innovation... 10 seconds ago
- › DIY your own Theme for your lovely X3 14 seconds ago
- › NEWS: Meridian Releases The Explorer Pocket-Sized USB DAC 35 seconds ago
- › Android phones and USB DACs 1 minute ago
- › Glove Audio A1 jacket DAC Amp for AK120 1 minute ago
- › Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › looking for a good headset in the 150-350$ range 1 minute ago
- › List of DACs that work with iPad 2 minutes ago
- › PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking) 2 minutes ago
- › Best setup for ATH-M50x + AT-LP120-USB + streaming music 2 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by lecky
- › FIDUE A71 Dual Dynamic Drivers Hi-Fi Earphones by djvkool
- › iBasso Audio D-Zero MK2 by lin0003
- › Audio Technica ATH-A900X | Art Monitor Headphones (Japan Import) by Mink
- › Brainwavz S0 In-Ear Headphones by mark2410
- › Creative Sound Blaster E3 Headphone Amplifier by ClieOS
- › Blue Microphones Mo-Fi Powered High-Fidelity Headphones with... by MacedonianHero
- › Basic K3 by nino9
- › Cowon iAUDIO 7 16Gb by Climber
- › Audio-Technica ATH-AD700X Audiophile Open-Air Headphones by TheHeadPhoneGuy
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)