Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › New high-end headphone amps: Vorzuge VorzAMPpure and VorzAMPduo impressions and review thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

New high-end headphone amps: Vorzuge VorzAMPpure and VorzAMPduo impressions and review thread - Page 8

post #106 of 269

Does the RSA SR-71A and B still match up with these newer portable amps?  I've not heard many of the new models, but have enjoyed the RSA, new technology or not.  They pair up very well with my HD600's and DT1350's.  Just curious. Thanks!
 


Edited by fiascogarcia - 2/19/13 at 7:16am
post #107 of 269
Thread Starter 

The SR71A (I've not really used the B model) has lots of power and a very low noise floor. Some new amps do not have low noise floors. The Vorzuge does while maintaining a strong, highly resolving image. 

post #108 of 269

I must be getting old; I reckon mine's been pretty much perfect ever since day one.  I think I've have learned to appreciate it more, but I cannot say I noticed it getting better.

 

I still find it astonishing quality and I'm still delighted with it!

post #109 of 269
Thread Starter 

Indeed, the Vorzuge was wonderful out of the gate and remains that way.

post #110 of 269
The National simply kicks butt ! I like it more than the Contenintal V2 seems like the VorzAmp duo isn't quite as powerful but it is very enjoyable and I plan on keeping all three since they all are exceptional amps. I am using as iem's the Hieir 350 and as overear the Edtion8,Senn 650,HIFIMAN 400 and the Senn momentum as a on the go can. It really depends on what headphone you will be pushing as to what amp works best but if they require power it's The National hands down.
post #111 of 269

i'm using

- red wine audio - iriver AK100, with

- JVC victor fx-700 and

- audiotechnica ATH CKW-1000 ANV

- and i played kpop, korean indies, and vocals such as that from adele, beyonce etc

 

i wonder if anyone had used similar combinations or had advices if

- vorzamp pure or duo would be better

- and what kind of gain adjustment would be good to ask for instead of the stock default.

post #112 of 269
Hey VorzAMP owner, did you guys compare this amp to iQube before? I wonder if the performance can match iQube or even surpass it. I'm have an iQube and I'm looking for something smaller to probably pair it with Tera Player.
post #113 of 269

Hey guys! Sorry about the bump, but is anyone using their Vorzamp to power LCD2/3? I'm on the fence of buying the LCD2's but will at the same time be buying an amp, as I don't have one that I think will do the LCD2's justice. And I figured why not go portable, if there is enough power in this little unit that is!

post #114 of 269
Quote:
Originally Posted by esmBOS View Post

Hey guys! Sorry about the bump, but is anyone using their Vorzamp to power LCD2/3? I'm on the fence of buying the LCD2's but will at the same time be buying an amp, as I don't have one that I think will do the LCD2's justice. And I figured why not go portable, if there is enough power in this little unit that is!

Used it with both LCD-2/LCD-3/Paradox.

 

The original VorzAMP sounded quite good from a CLAS. Yo can't use the basseq since it started clipping badly but the treble eQ sinded nice.

However, a ALO Rx-3B sounds more defined even using it single-ended both inte the bass and treble. Running it balanced,´makes verything even better.

 

So... VorzAMP is the best IEM-amp I've heard uo do date. Rx:3B is the best portabe I've heard with LCD-2/LCD-3/Paradox.

 

/V

post #115 of 269

Just pulled the trigger on the VorzampDuo! Will be fun to see how it pairs with my RWAK100!

post #116 of 269

Anyone knows if there's a difference between the Pure and Duo besides the bass/treble enhancers?

 

Many thanks!

post #117 of 269

I had a long email enquiries about it with Vorzuge. There is no difference between the Pure and Duo within the amp section. They make sure that the EQ circuit is purely connected/disconnected with mechanical switch. This way it won't leak and influence the main amp.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by spkrs01 View Post

Anyone knows if there's a difference between the Pure and Duo besides the bass/treble enhancers?

 

Many thanks!

post #118 of 269
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzyfi View Post

I had a long email enquiries about it with Vorzuge. There is no difference between the Pure and Duo within the amp section. They make sure that the EQ circuit is purely connected/disconnected with mechanical switch. This way it won't leak and influence the main amp.

 

 

Thanks Jazzyfi...

 

OK so the PURE for me this weekend thennormal_smile%20.gif

post #119 of 269

Sweet! It's a superb match with TP and SE5. I like it with the teramega output of TP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spkrs01 View Post

Thanks Jazzyfi...

 

OK so the PURE for me this weekend thennormal_smile%20.gif

post #120 of 269
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzyfi View Post

Sweet! It's a superb match with TP and SE5. I like it with the teramega output of TP.

 

I was gonna use it with one of my AK100s.

 

The Tera Player is kinda permanently stuck on the 71B now, with the other AK100 stuck on the RX3 both running balanced, and the DX100 on the L3/LLP on bedside duties.....

 

But I will spend a weekend in the near future, swapping around and coming up with the best synergy to my ears.....normal_smile%20.gif

 

I am just tailoring set ups to a few primary (C)IEMs specifically.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › New high-end headphone amps: Vorzuge VorzAMPpure and VorzAMPduo impressions and review thread