- 2,362 Posts. Joined 10/2012
- Location: South CONUS
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productbeyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productbeyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productBeyerdynamic T 70 Over Ear Headphone, Black/Greytagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productBeyerdynamic T70ptagged by System, 5/23/12
- productBeyerdynamic T90 Premium Stereo Headphonetagged by rasmushorn, 5/4/13
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 5/23/12
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 5/23/12
Related Forum Threads
- Please Help me choose a headphone from this website.... AH-D7000, HD650, DT880, DT990, T70 Last post on 5/22/16 at 6:38am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Beyerdynamic T70 & T70p: Any Impressions? Last post on 7/15/11 at 4:31am in Headphones (full-size)
- First Impressions of the new Beyerdynamic T70p Last post on 8/11/16 at 3:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- [GUIDE] Sonic Differences Between DT770-DT990 Models & More Last post on 11/21/16 at 9:17pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Beyerdynamic Decisions..... Last post on 8/12/12 at 1:11pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 12/5/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
The Tri-Vista 21 was a limited edition DAC sold in late 2004, early 2005. It was massively overbuilt - great power supply and output stage, and ran extremely long life 5703 milspec tubes, which are...
This headphone has a quite good sound quality for its price. Its sound is very clear, the mids and highs are well detailled. The bass is tight but some recordings sound lacking bass. It needed a...
Gratitude and greetings go out to RHA Team and @Glassmonkey - thank you so much for giving me the...
Recently got ordered these Mee AudioRunaway on-ear headphones as I had some wellness program points that were going to expire. I have had the MEE audio M-Duo Dual Dynamic Driver In-Ear Headphones...
Deep, Dark but not Handsome?! Disclaimer Firstly, I would like to thank Pandora for sending these to me for the purpose of this review. All impressions will be made from an objective...
Beyerdynamic T90 Discussion and Support Thread - Page 143post #2131 of 40346/20/14 at 12:30pmQuote:The guys is saying the RSA Predator and Intruder is expensive so you recommend a $2K piece of equipment? o.O
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2132 of 40346/20/14 at 12:36pmQuote:
I didn't say it was cheap but he asked for the best, and Chord Hugo is simply, without a doubt, the best portable dac/amp. I didn't really read other messages.post #2133 of 40346/20/14 at 12:57pmQuote:
Epic fairy tale, bro.post #2134 of 40346/20/14 at 1:06pmQuote:Originally Posted by surja
- I am looking for a DAC/AMP, it seems that "the Predator" and "the Intruder" are DAC/AMP combos, and they are fairly expensive.... can you please comment on how they compare with E17 or C5D?
They have a reputation as being some of the best and reviews I've seen of RSA amps say they have a warm sound. They also tend to have multiple gain settings to accommodate to many headphones, including 250ohm Beyers. I doubt any FiiO or JDSLabs amplifiers are on par; if you search the forums, you can find out how C5D and E17 compare to x amp(s) then find out how x compares to y then how y compares to the Predator and such.post #2135 of 40346/20/14 at 1:10pmpost #2136 of 40346/20/14 at 4:11pmpost #2137 of 40346/20/14 at 4:19pmpost #2138 of 40346/20/14 at 4:39pmpost #2139 of 40346/20/14 at 5:43pmpost #2140 of 40346/20/14 at 6:21pmpost #2141 of 40346/20/14 at 10:52pmI have a JDS Labs C5D coming in. Will compare to bottlehead crack with speedball then.
Still not entirely sure why one would use a T90 on the go, but maybe it snore for travel than for commutingpost #2142 of 40346/21/14 at 5:06am
I'm not looking to use the T90 on the go, just want to have the freedom to move around the house with a portable DAC/AMP, maybe also in hotel rooms when I'm travelling. I use my UE10 IEM on the go. I plan to use the T90 primarily with my HTC One and Fujitsu T904 ultrabook.
Another reason is that I currently reside in Bangladesh, it's not possible to get anything locally, I have to depend on a friend of mine who will be travelling from US, he can at best carry a portable DAC/AMP for me - it won't be possible for him to carry a heavier stationary DAC/AMP.
Ray Samuels said in the thread for Predator that it's meant for IEMs and headphones with low impedance - wouldn't work well with higher impedance. The Intruder costs around $700. On the other hand, E17 costs around $130 and C5D somewhere in the region of $250. What I'm trying to understand is whether the Intruder is worth the price or if it's just a slight improvement over E17 or C5D - if that's the case then I might opt for the cheaper solutions for the time being - later on I will try to get a decent stationary AMP.post #2143 of 40346/21/14 at 5:23ampost #2144 of 40346/21/14 at 9:17am
For the price of an O2 amp you could have three of them....and have one at different places in your house...I have 2 O2 amps on different systems and an desktop ODA on a third pc.
The price and the total transparency of the O2 is again superlative.....put good stuff in its great put crap in its crap out.....
Not musical??? OMG.....go figure.
The new ODA of AGDR's is one of the best amps I have used in a long time.....the BOM is published on the diyaudio site. the cost breakout is out on a google drive....I spent around $300 in total to get it all together and that would include the case and AC adapter the 16VAC one.
I don't want to opine here about it this is a T90 thread, but I would put this up against most anything out there.....remember there are (2) versions now....I built the standard one.
If you have any questions about it please ask them in the ODA thread...be glad to help or get an answer from the designer himself.
Alexpost #2145 of 40346/27/14 at 9:28am
The day someone describes an amp/dac as musical...is the day we need to start setting guidelines on realty.
- Beyerdynamic T90 Discussion and Support Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Beyerdynamic DT-1770: Product Info, Discussion and Impressions 32 seconds ago
- › The Official Sony TA-ZH1ES Hi-Res Headphone Amplifier (Live From... 1 minute ago
- › The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 1 minute ago
- › Audio-Technica IM50, IM70 Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 2 minutes ago
- › "Open Alpha" T50 3D printed headphone project from MrSpeakers 2 minutes ago
- › Cayin i5 Lossless Android DAP with AKM4490 DAC supporting 32/384... 3 minutes ago
- › Earphones up to 100 euros to use with Benjie S5 3 minutes ago
- › Focal Utopia (& a little Elear) impressions and discussion 4 minutes ago
- › Grado PS-1 #127, Lightly Used 5 minutes ago
- › Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 21 DAC by davehg
- › AKG K 420 Foldable Mini Headphone - Blue by Johannus
- › RHA Dacamp L1 by Takeanidea
- › MEElectronics Air-Fi AF32 Stereo Bluetooth Wireless Headphones with... by e07015
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by dnun8086
- › FiiO X1-II High Resolution Lossless Music Player (2nd Generation)... by MentalDraco
- › Klipsch R6m Black In Ear Headphone by 1mctous
- › ampsandsound Kenzie Headphone Amplifier by Smazz
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD Black Label by glassmonkey
- › 1MORE iBFree Bluetooth In-Ear Headphones by Peddler
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear