- 2,362 Posts. Joined 10/2012
- Location: South CONUS
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productbeyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productbeyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productBeyerdynamic T 70 Over Ear Headphone, Black/Greytagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productBeyerdynamic T70ptagged by System, 5/23/12
- productBeyerdynamic T90 Premium Stereo Headphonetagged by rasmushorn, 5/4/13
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 5/23/12
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 5/23/12
Related Forum Threads
- Please Help me choose a headphone from this website.... AH-D7000, HD650, DT880, DT990, T70 Last post on 5/22/16 at 6:38am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Beyerdynamic T70 & T70p: Any Impressions? Last post on 7/15/11 at 4:31am in Headphones (full-size)
- First Impressions of the new Beyerdynamic T70p Last post on 8/11/16 at 3:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- [GUIDE] Sonic Differences Between DT770-DT990 Models & More Last post on 2/24/17 at 3:55am in Headphones (full-size)
- Beyerdynamic Decisions..... Last post on 8/12/12 at 1:11pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/13/17
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Final chose me to review the F7200 (review here) and the F4100 ($280) and provided samples free of charge. I have spent several days listening to the F4100, and I believe I can make an...
Lately, it seems that I’ve found myself more and more frequently using high power requirement cans on the go. The downside with that is that my phone & likely not even my DAP has enough juice...
My preferred sound signature: A bit bass heavy, forward mids, and neutral treble. Love high detailed and clear sound. *All critical listening is done using a Chord Mojo* In almost every...
Introduction Meze 99 Neo – The new classic headphone from Meze. Meze 99 Neo is the new headphone, or rather a headphone with a twist from the Romanian headphone producer Meze....
The AKG K550 revisited. At the time, shortly after I bought my Audio Technica A900Xs I had auditioned the AKG's and I felt my choice for the A900Xs was the right one. I felt the K550s had this...
Beyerdynamic T90 Discussion and Support Thread - Page 143post #2131 of 41356/20/14 at 12:30pmQuote:The guys is saying the RSA Predator and Intruder is expensive so you recommend a $2K piece of equipment? o.O
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2132 of 41356/20/14 at 12:36pmQuote:
I didn't say it was cheap but he asked for the best, and Chord Hugo is simply, without a doubt, the best portable dac/amp. I didn't really read other messages.post #2133 of 41356/20/14 at 12:57pmQuote:
Epic fairy tale, bro.post #2134 of 41356/20/14 at 1:06pmQuote:Originally Posted by surja
- I am looking for a DAC/AMP, it seems that "the Predator" and "the Intruder" are DAC/AMP combos, and they are fairly expensive.... can you please comment on how they compare with E17 or C5D?
They have a reputation as being some of the best and reviews I've seen of RSA amps say they have a warm sound. They also tend to have multiple gain settings to accommodate to many headphones, including 250ohm Beyers. I doubt any FiiO or JDSLabs amplifiers are on par; if you search the forums, you can find out how C5D and E17 compare to x amp(s) then find out how x compares to y then how y compares to the Predator and such.post #2135 of 41356/20/14 at 1:10pmpost #2136 of 41356/20/14 at 4:11pmpost #2137 of 41356/20/14 at 4:19pmpost #2138 of 41356/20/14 at 4:39pmpost #2139 of 41356/20/14 at 5:43pmpost #2140 of 41356/20/14 at 6:21pmpost #2141 of 41356/20/14 at 10:52pmI have a JDS Labs C5D coming in. Will compare to bottlehead crack with speedball then.
Still not entirely sure why one would use a T90 on the go, but maybe it snore for travel than for commutingpost #2142 of 41356/21/14 at 5:06am
I'm not looking to use the T90 on the go, just want to have the freedom to move around the house with a portable DAC/AMP, maybe also in hotel rooms when I'm travelling. I use my UE10 IEM on the go. I plan to use the T90 primarily with my HTC One and Fujitsu T904 ultrabook.
Another reason is that I currently reside in Bangladesh, it's not possible to get anything locally, I have to depend on a friend of mine who will be travelling from US, he can at best carry a portable DAC/AMP for me - it won't be possible for him to carry a heavier stationary DAC/AMP.
Ray Samuels said in the thread for Predator that it's meant for IEMs and headphones with low impedance - wouldn't work well with higher impedance. The Intruder costs around $700. On the other hand, E17 costs around $130 and C5D somewhere in the region of $250. What I'm trying to understand is whether the Intruder is worth the price or if it's just a slight improvement over E17 or C5D - if that's the case then I might opt for the cheaper solutions for the time being - later on I will try to get a decent stationary AMP.post #2143 of 41356/21/14 at 5:23ampost #2144 of 41356/21/14 at 9:17am
For the price of an O2 amp you could have three of them....and have one at different places in your house...I have 2 O2 amps on different systems and an desktop ODA on a third pc.
The price and the total transparency of the O2 is again superlative.....put good stuff in its great put crap in its crap out.....
Not musical??? OMG.....go figure.
The new ODA of AGDR's is one of the best amps I have used in a long time.....the BOM is published on the diyaudio site. the cost breakout is out on a google drive....I spent around $300 in total to get it all together and that would include the case and AC adapter the 16VAC one.
I don't want to opine here about it this is a T90 thread, but I would put this up against most anything out there.....remember there are (2) versions now....I built the standard one.
If you have any questions about it please ask them in the ODA thread...be glad to help or get an answer from the designer himself.
Alexpost #2145 of 41356/27/14 at 9:28am
The day someone describes an amp/dac as musical...is the day we need to start setting guidelines on realty.
- Beyerdynamic T90 Discussion and Support Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › MQA: Revolutionary British streaming technology 4 seconds ago
- › Intona High Speed USB Isolator 4 seconds ago
- › Feliks-Audio EUFORIA - A Wolf in "Sheep's" Clothing... 19 seconds ago
- › Chord Mojo [UK] 1 minute ago
- › "The Lab" 1 minute ago
- › Philips SHP9500 Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The DIY'rs Cookbook 2 minutes ago
- › Corny Jokes - the more the merrier 3 minutes ago
- › Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open ) by krenky
- › Final F4100 by jwbrent
- › Audio-Technica AT-PHA100 by Army-Firedawg
- › Noble Audio Katana by EZE99
- › Meze 99 Neo by Dobrescu George
- › AKG K 550 by Mink
- › Denon AH-MM400 Music Maniac Over-Ear Headphones by krenky
- › Edifier K180 by Redcarmoose
- › Mrobo C5 2.0 by crabdog
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by ObjectVoice
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear