or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Beyerdynamic T90 Discussion and Support Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Beyerdynamic T90 Discussion and Support Thread - Page 122

post #1816 of 4034
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrEleventy View Post

I've owned all three, they're the same size


That's awesome - thanks for the reply! Looks like I'm going to order a T90 headband and fit it to my DT880s then ...

post #1817 of 4034

I'm tempted right now to send my T90's back to Amazon and grab the T1's if they're still on sale just only worry is I don't have the funds to submit for a high end Amp/DAC to pair up with it, and curious if ANYONE knows if it'd still sound just as good if not better than the T90 if I still plugged it into my ZxR and set it to 600Ohm?

post #1818 of 4034
They're not, it ended on the same day.
post #1819 of 4034
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrEleventy View Post

They're not, it ended on the same day.

I'm sure there will be another sale somewhere lol, but still would be good to know in case of, just hoping there's someone that's tested, I'll try the T1 thread in case. Still loving my T90's to death though so I'm slightly doubting the 20%+ difference I'd say but either way would be interested to hear it.

post #1820 of 4034
Quote:
Originally Posted by LunaP View Post
 

I'm sure there will be another sale somewhere lol, but still would be good to know in case of, just hoping there's someone that's tested, I'll try the T1 thread in case. Still loving my T90's to death though so I'm slightly doubting the 20%+ difference I'd say but either way would be interested to hear it.

 

 

I have T1's and T90's and to my ears, they sound rather different.  Different enough that for the time being, I am going to keep both.

 

If you scroll through this thread, you will see that some, such as AtomicBob (a recording professional, owning many headphone amps and headphones, including both the T1 and T90) actually prefer the T90 to the T1.  This is all down to personal taste.  So it is possible you might be one of those that prefer the T90.

post #1821 of 4034
Quote:
Originally Posted by LunaP View Post

I'm sure there will be another sale somewhere lol, but still would be good to know in case of, just hoping there's someone that's tested, I'll try the T1 thread in case. Still loving my T90's to death though so I'm slightly doubting the 20%+ difference I'd say but either way would be interested to hear it.
As BlakeT noted, I have both the T90 and T1. They do sound different enough that I keep both. The T1 does technically perform a little better than the T90 in a few attributes. But to my ears the T90 is just so much fun on which to listen that it is my preference most of the time. Listening to the T90 right now on a WA7 amp. Sort of like an MGB sports car. If you've ever driven one you know that feeling of fun even though there are many that are technically superior.
post #1822 of 4034

Hi!

 

I just jumped on the T90 bandwagon. @punit was so kind of selling me his T90, since he upgraded to the T1.

 

So far I have listened to the T90 with my Schiit Asgard and the Fiio E07K. Funnily the lower range has more oomph with the E07K (no EQ). However, the sound quality is better than the DT880 that I also own. It's a really really great headphone. I just need to get my Valhalla from home and change to tubes and see what that does to the headphone.

 

Anyhow, I am already  impressed with the headphone, I think this could be it... end-game. For me. It's engaging, fun, enough bass for the music that demands it....

 

Am very happy right now :) rocking in the office!!

post #1823 of 4034
Quote:

Originally Posted by Koolpep View Post

 

Anyhow, I am already  impressed with the headphone, I think this could be it... end-game. For me. It's engaging, fun, enough bass for the music that demands it....

Famous last words :D Welcome to the T club.

 

Maybe sometime in the future when I miss the T90, I will borrow them from you for little while , in exchange for T1's . ;)

post #1824 of 4034
Quote:
Originally Posted by punit View Post
 

Famous last words :D Welcome to the T club.

 

Maybe sometime in the future when I miss the T90, I will borrow them from you for little while , in exchange for T1's . ;)

 

Haha, yes indeed, you are always welcome to borrow any of my phones. But don't tempt me like this.... It took me a long time to "forget" I ever heard the LCD-2 on a Woo WA22 :L3000:....

 

For the moment, I am in new-toy-heaven....and I didn't even heard them through tubes - :atsmile:

post #1825 of 4034
Welcome, beware of the Tube money pit. Just ask punit.... biggrin.gif
post #1826 of 4034

I'm at the point now that I can't wait to get home just to put my cans on and just get lost in them while I work either on a website, a drawing or just play games, I'm totally lost in them and love them to death, my ZxR drives them perfectly imo, though I'm sure I'll eventually get around to hearing them on some tubes, but until then the Bass is incredible as well as the Treble, I had no idea you could have the best of both  , I thought you'd have to sacrifice one for the other :D

post #1827 of 4034
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koolpep View Post
 

Hi!

 

I just jumped on the T90 bandwagon. @punit was so kind of selling me his T90, since he upgraded to the T1.

 

So far I have listened to the T90 with my Schiit Asgard and the Fiio E07K. Funnily the lower range has more oomph with the E07K (no EQ). However, the sound quality is better than the DT880 that I also own. It's a really really great headphone. I just need to get my Valhalla from home and change to tubes and see what that does to the headphone.

 

Anyhow, I am already  impressed with the headphone, I think this could be it... end-game. For me. It's engaging, fun, enough bass for the music that demands it....

 

Am very happy right now :) rocking in the office!!

Congratulations on the new purchase.  Welcome to the club.

post #1828 of 4034
@mreleventy @blaket Thanks for the warm welcome and the warning. Just swapped my amps around, so I will have the Valhalla at the office tomorrow. While ordering my replacement tubes for the Valhalla (rocking an early 200 serial) I couldn't resist and ordered a Vali as well, so I can enjoy tube amp sound in both locations.

Next milestone: sell at least 1/3rd of my headphone arsenal that is now obsolete...let's see how that ends redface.gif
post #1829 of 4034
I cleared out a lot of gear in the past 2 months. All I have left really is the T90s, DT880s, 2x DT770s (Pro 80ohm and Prem 250ohm) and the Takstar HI2050. I'll probably sell the 770 Pros when I'm done modding them to fund modding the Prem. The HI2050s were the first guinea pig in modding, now moving up to the 2nd cheapest set. biggrin.gif
post #1830 of 4034

I been thinking about making a switch to these from the DT880 premium 600's, I liked the DT880 premium 600's but they don't give me the exact sound signature that I want,plus I dont wanna get tubes to do them justice. I been reading up on the T90 and from what people says about them, they will give me what the DT880 premium 600's didnt give me, the exact sound signature that I want. My Audio-GD NFB15.32 will do nicely with the T90.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Beyerdynamic T90 Discussion and Support Thread