- 150 Posts. Joined 4/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productbeyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productbeyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productBeyerdynamic T 70 Over Ear Headphone, Black/Greytagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productBeyerdynamic T70ptagged by System, 5/23/12
- productBeyerdynamic T90 Premium Stereo Headphonetagged by rasmushorn, 5/4/13
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 5/23/12
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 5/23/12
Related Forum Threads
- Please Help me choose a headphone from this website.... AH-D7000, HD650, DT880, DT990, T70 Last post on 5/22/16 at 6:38am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Beyerdynamic T70 & T70p: Any Impressions? Last post on 7/15/11 at 4:31am in Headphones (full-size)
- First Impressions of the new Beyerdynamic T70p Last post on 8/11/16 at 3:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- [GUIDE] Sonic Differences Between DT770-DT990 Models & More Last post on 11/21/16 at 9:17pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Beyerdynamic Decisions..... Last post on 8/12/12 at 1:11pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I would like to thank Ken from Campfire Audio for providing me with a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. Introduction ALO Audio has been an established name in the industry for...
Introduction The Fragrant Zither (TFZ) is a company that I am very fond of. I absolutely loved their previous flagship, the TFZ Series 5 and praised it with very high word. It became one of my...
From the Doukaudio website: "Shenzheng Cavins Technology Co.,LTD has been established since 2014.. We are devoted to design and research of hi-end level of audio equipments under our own brand...
Brainwavz Intro ABOUT US Brainwavz provides high-end earphones specifically designed for high-quality sound and tailor-made to provide the user with a solution that can be used across a wide range...
Lindemann musicbook:10 DSD A Serious Common Denominator | PREVIOUS REVIEW | REVIEW INDEX | NEXT REVIEW | INTRODUCTION Angles of Approach There’s always been a certain connotation...
Beyerdynamic T90 Discussion and Support Thread - Page 96post #1426 of 40151/10/14 at 5:50pmI just sold my hd800s, i never got all that from them. . Wish i had. Must have been my amping
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1427 of 40151/10/14 at 6:08pmpost #1428 of 40151/11/14 at 1:13pmpost #1429 of 40151/11/14 at 1:16pm
I also have the DT-990 so I will post a review once my T90 arrive. I am using all Schiit Audio equipment. I have a Gungnir DAC with at Vahalla amplifier. Nordost Heimdall and Nordost USB cables.
Edited by huberd - 1/11/14 at 1:18pmpost #1430 of 40151/11/14 at 11:27pmAt the recent Seattle meet I heard my T90 on a Vahalla (via uber Bifrost) and it was really nice. Better than my Asgard 2 - less edge, smooth but still good detail, very open and effortless soundstage. These seem to need the higher output impedance.
In contrast the Vahalla made tha bass of my SM64 flabby, where it is nice and tight through the Asgard 2.
It will be interesting to get your impressions (but I think you'll be pretty happy).post #1431 of 40151/12/14 at 2:42am
Well - after a very long wait my T90s arrived and on balance I like them a lot. They are very bright but also crystal clear and revealing.
I paired them with my Little dot MKV and they were to sharp for me so I tried a tube amp (MKIII). I dont really like the sound from the tubes as I feel it I am degrading the resolution of the sound going to the t90 to try and hide it's bright nature. Not trying to start an argument over SS vs Tunes - it's just not the approach for me.
So I followed the EQ advice laid out earlier in this thread and went back to the MKV and applied gentle EQ to tame the high end without compromising the clarity - really love this headphone now and cant see my HD650s getting much headtime as they sound so muddy in comparison.
Does anyone have any ideas about physical mods to tame the treble peaks instead of EQ? I know there has been a fair amount of work done on modding the T1 to smooth out the treble - has anyone tried applying any of these mods with our t90s?
Edited by samtheman - 1/12/14 at 2:54ampost #1432 of 40151/12/14 at 1:34pm
I agree that the Valhalla sounds better with high impedance phones. I have the Denon D-2000 32 ohm which sound better with the Asgard2 which I own as well. The Beyerdynamic DT990 sound better with the tube amp because they are 600 ohm. I have verified this the Valhalla blows away the Asgard2 with the DT990s it is a very clear difference .post #1433 of 40151/12/14 at 3:56pm
bump. still on page 35,skipping unnecessary comments and concentrating on proper reviews.
still trying to get through this thread. interesting,perplexing and just about the most widely varying reviews I have ever seen is all I can say.
i'm trying to decide if I should try this next or one of hifimans planers.post #1434 of 40151/12/14 at 5:07pmI'd say go with the planars first. they resell easier. t90 is pretty hit or miss and not easy to unload if you don't like them. Be prepared to take a loss of 100 or so reselling.post #1435 of 40151/14/14 at 3:29ampost #1436 of 40151/14/14 at 7:46ampost #1437 of 40151/14/14 at 6:07pmpost #1438 of 40151/14/14 at 6:26pmIf you have acces to a parametric equalizer try these settings (3 peak bands)
I "handcrafted" them for my T90s a while ago. These tame the sibilances without losing "air" and retrieve a little bit of high-mids, which seem to be a little bit subdued. With these I find the T90s to be comparable to the T1s in some aspects such as impact.
Edited by gatucho - 1/14/14 at 6:29pmpost #1439 of 40151/14/14 at 8:33pmpost #1440 of 40151/14/14 at 9:15pmLook for aixcoustic electri-q - one of the finest collection of EQ algorithms available. It is a SW plugin that will work with foobar2000, JRiver Media Center and any host that supports VST plugins.
Edited by atomicbob - 1/14/14 at 9:17pm
- Beyerdynamic T90 Discussion and Support Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Questyle QP1 1 minute ago
- › Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEMs Review / Preview 1 minute ago
- › DiscoProJoe’s Rockbox EQ Presets, Version 4.0 (complete user guide) 2 minutes ago
- › Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Ranking the stars - Flinkenick's Flagship 16 IEM shootout 3 minutes ago
- › Xiaomi In-Ear Headphones Pro HD (2 +1 Hybrid) 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 6 minutes ago
- › Could the Fiio AM5 drive the AKG q701? 7 minutes ago
- › The Audio Technica W3000ANV Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 7 minutes ago
- › Campfire Audio Andromeda by flinkenick
- › TFZ Balance 2M by ustinj
- › Nobsound NS-01E Mini Tube Headphone Amplifier Stereo HiFi Amp Audio... by crabdog
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by Wokei
- › Lindemann musicbook:10 DSD by thatonenoob
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by DynamikeB
- › Beyerdynamic T5p by Army-Firedawg
- › Sennheiser PX 100-II Supra-Aural Mini Headphones - Black by Johannus
- › LZ-A4 by peter123
- › Etymotic ER4XR by leaky74
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear