Recent Images In This Thread
- productbeyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productbeyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productBeyerdynamic T 70 Over Ear Headphone, Black/Greytagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productBeyerdynamic T70ptagged by System, 5/23/12
- productBeyerdynamic T90 Premium Stereo Headphonetagged by rasmushorn, 5/4/13
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 5/23/12
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 5/23/12
Related Forum Threads
- Please Help me choose a headphone from this website.... AH-D7000, HD650, DT880, DT990, T70 Last post on 5/22/16 at 6:38am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Beyerdynamic T70 & T70p: Any Impressions? Last post on 7/15/11 at 4:31am in Headphones (full-size)
- First Impressions of the new Beyerdynamic T70p Last post on 8/11/16 at 3:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- [GUIDE] Sonic Differences Between DT770-DT990 Models & More Last post on 1/16/17 at 8:04am in Headphones (full-size)
- Beyerdynamic Decisions..... Last post on 8/12/12 at 1:11pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/11/17
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Great lil on-ear headphone but a lil bit uncomfortable on ear. Not for someone who loves heavy bass but good for seeking clarity ;) My opinion, my first AKG product. Tried the AKG Y50 but to me,...
In Ears Prophile 8 IEM review January 2017 Intro I had heard of In Ears but did not know too much about them until I see them on the In-Ear stand at the Indulgence show in London...
MrZ's Toneking Musicmaker TingThe review that swayed me to get on-boardhttp://www.head-fi.org/products/musicmaker-ting/reviews/15584The slightly down-line 1/2 price...
Shozy has kindly provided me a review unit in exchange for the honest opinion. They are in active use for about 6 months. I should first note that my experience with IEM is a bit limited by now, so...
INTRODUCTION: I would like to thank @Jack Vang of Empire Ears, for the discount on my purchase of the Zeus-XIV-ADEL Custom IEM and for giving me the opportunity to review the IEM. I would also...
Beyerdynamic T90 Discussion and Support Thread - Page 75post #1111 of 408910/25/13 at 6:32am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1112 of 408910/25/13 at 7:44amQuote:
indeed, they are a little hard to come by, non the less they appretnly make the DT 880s bassier than an X1? I've never tried the J$ with my 880... never felt any reason topost #1113 of 408910/27/13 at 8:39pmListening to T90 on a Zana Deux SE. OTL magic on steroids meets headphone magic. Distance My Demons, Pink Floyd, Wycliffe Gordon, Jennifer Warnes, Bela Fleck, all just the beginning of a delightful auditory experience.post #1114 of 408910/27/13 at 9:06pm
Just picked up a T90 myself early last week, and have been loving it! Superb clarity and separation, and I've been noticing things I haven't before with my HD558's. Just wonderful.
I noticed while reading through this thread that several people, including myself, have been having sibilance issues with the T90. Is this something that resolves over time as they burn in? Also, my Amp/DAC combo is the Fiio E09K/E17. I've heard this combo is known to be more on the forward themselves, and I think it is contributing to my sibilance issue.
I'm planning on upgrading to the Bottlehead Crack amp in the next few months. Can anyone shed some light on how the mids/highs are influenced by the Crack? Also, is there a better-fitted DAC that is more relaxed?post #1115 of 408910/27/13 at 9:29pmpost #1116 of 408910/27/13 at 9:31pm
Yeah that's what I've been hearing! I'm excited to try it when I get the chance. Have you ever had any sibilance trouble with the T90? Or, have you noticed the Crack helps with easing the (sometimes) harsh treble at all in general?
Edited by Btdk34 - 10/27/13 at 9:33pmpost #1117 of 408910/27/13 at 9:41pmpost #1118 of 408910/27/13 at 10:30pm
There will for the most part be silibance problems on some brighter mastering due to the massive treble spike. It'll always be there short of amplifying with something with a weak/underemphasis top end.
Even the T1 can be similar on recordings that are just that way.post #1119 of 408910/28/13 at 6:02ampost #1120 of 408910/28/13 at 6:54ampost #1121 of 408910/28/13 at 8:45am
Saren & adydula both have good points about the variability of recordings. Mix and mastering engineers skills vary in the industry, musicians and producers have different tastes. So one recording may be very well balanced across the spectrum, another is bass heavy and yet another may lean to the bright side of the spectrum. During mix & mastering sessions listening fatigue also can play a factor. The better producers and engineers will let a session rest for a day or so and then evaluate again. During fatigue, our ears tend to dull on the high frequencies and the natural tendency is to brighten the mix or master.
So my comments about not having an issue with sibilance on the T90 apply to recordings that are not sibilant to begin with. The T90 will be unforgiving of a sibilant recording.
Edited by atomicbob - 10/28/13 at 8:57ampost #1122 of 408910/28/13 at 8:58ampost #1123 of 408910/28/13 at 9:13am
Both the Crack and Woo WA3+ can roll different tubes to great effect. 6080 and 6AS7g can range from mostly transparent to what I call the auditory equivalent of rose colored glasses. The latter can help less than stellar recordings sound pretty decent. If all I had was a Crack and T90, I could live with that very well thank-you.post #1124 of 408910/28/13 at 12:34pmpost #1125 of 408910/28/13 at 12:57pmQuote:
Given I don't have to live with just one and that transparency is also important, you have an excellent example of a transparent system. Add the Crack for one of each, transparent and tube magic, with ODAC feeding either as desired. I do live with that combo often and the T90. Yes, I am also exploring the excellent sound of the ZDSE with the T90, but the aforementioned two amp system has delivered and will continue to give many hours of listening enjoyment.
- Beyerdynamic T90 Discussion and Support Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Sony's New 2014 flagship IEM - XBA Z5 18 seconds ago
- › Denon AH-7200 30 seconds ago
- › The Centrance HiFi M8 thread 42 seconds ago
- › New Member Introductions thread 1 minute ago
- › The Zishan dsd's corner 1 minute ago
- › Oppo Sonica DAC (an affordable ES9038PRO Sabre DAC) 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD800 S Impressions Thread (read first post for summary) 2 minutes ago
- › Darkvoice 336i & 336SE Tuberolling PartII 3 minutes ago
- › Review: Final Audio Design Heaven VI 3 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 3 minutes ago
- › AKG K403 by IkuMiku96
- › InEar ProPhile 8 by FortisFlyer75
- › MusicMaker Ting by Redcarmoose
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by mgunin
- › Empire Ears Zeus by EagleWings
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by snapacap
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk+/Monk Plus by spronkey
- › Cayin i5 by glassmonkey
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by 00lunar
- › 64 Audio U12 Universal In-Ear Monitor by cleg
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear