I bought the T90 yesterday. I connect it to the iPod and it sounds fine.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productbeyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productbeyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productBeyerdynamic T 70 Over Ear Headphone, Black/Greytagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productBeyerdynamic T70ptagged by System, 5/23/12
- productBeyerdynamic T90 Premium Stereo Headphonetagged by rasmushorn, 5/4/13
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 5/23/12
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 5/23/12
Related Forum Threads
- Please Help me choose a headphone from this website.... AH-D7000, HD650, DT880, DT990, T70 Last post on 10/20/11 at 8:18pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Beyerdynamic T70 & T70p: Any Impressions? Last post on 7/15/11 at 4:31am in Headphones (full-size)
- First Impressions of the new Beyerdynamic T70p Last post on 9/27/13 at 11:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Any real alternative to D2000 (DT880 pro?) Last post on 7/12/12 at 2:57am in Headphones (full-size)
- Didn’t get on with ADH-2000 how about DT-880 or DT-990? Last post on 3/2/12 at 2:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Since the Gamma y2 is a DIY project I'm not going to comment on the build quality as its dependent on the builder. The Sound The sound of the y2 varies on how it was built. Mine is using...
I just thought I'd write up a review on these headphones. They did a bit getting used to, because the reproduction of sound is so clear and even. Like getting used to a pair of studio monitors...
Its cheap, I got my blue ones for 6 dollars, it sounds good consider, and it is very light weight. I do not know why some people insist this pair is better than 50-100 dollar headphones, it's...
Well, i won't make a long review. Having the iPod Nano V6, SansaClip+, SansaClip Fuse, iAudio 6 and a mix of older Sony's, iPod's etc ... I think the best sounding player to me was the iAudio 6....
Do not buy an Astell & Kern 120. It claims 192Gb memory, but it indexes and uses only the internal memory - 64gb. The external SD cards carry files but do not show up on the device. Money spent...
Beyerdynamic T90 :D - Page 64
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #947 of 13069/8/13 at 1:47ampost #948 of 13069/8/13 at 8:29ampost #949 of 13069/8/13 at 10:37ampost #950 of 13069/8/13 at 7:12pmpost #951 of 13069/9/13 at 3:19amQuote:
Yep Exactly this, well said.post #952 of 13069/9/13 at 6:37am
They aren't that great with Pop and EDM.
Amazing for Chill-out, Jazz, Classical (especially string orchestras).
I'm trying to get another of pair of headphones for my Pop/Rock/EDM listening.
My ears bleed when listening to Avicii.
Edited by Nitrile - 9/9/13 at 6:39ampost #953 of 13069/9/13 at 10:01am
Thanks everyone. For classical, I usually listen to violin featured chamber music. You wouldn't say these are too bright, like violins end up being a bit piercing at louder volumes? I've heard these are bright phones.post #954 of 13069/9/13 at 10:10ampost #955 of 13069/9/13 at 10:24am
+1; The sibilant part for me is usually with vocals, never with stringed elements.
E: Wanted to add that it's not sibilant with vocals, just that whenever I do notice some sibilant parts, it's usually in the vocals. It's definitely a lot smoother now than when I had it fresh outta the box. Clapton : One More Car makes me feel like I'm there with the T90s.
Edited by MrEleventy - 9/9/13 at 11:00ampost #956 of 13069/9/13 at 10:27am
Guys, you are making this very hard for me :)
I'm trying to see if these or the 712 Pro would be better for classical music, anyone have experience comparing them?
Also, one reason I don't like the X1 for classical is that I can hear the headphone parts creaking as I move my head. It's a problem during soft passages. Any such issue with the T90?post #957 of 13069/9/13 at 10:31am
The AKG 712s are the 702 Annies recolored. And the 702 Annies are just 702s w/ memory foam pads. Supposedly the pads adds a bit of bass but takes away from the soundstage. Best bet is look for 702/Annies vs T90 comparisons and you'll be 95% of the way there.
E: And no, no creaking issues whatsoever. :)post #958 of 13069/9/13 at 10:50amI think the T90 has just enough brightness to sound realistic. I think too many people are comparing them to darker colored headphones, while the T90 is aims to remain faithful to the source.
I use them for primarily Jazz and Classical but the vocals of Sade, Lionel Richie and Phil Collins sounds great with no sibilence at all.post #959 of 13069/9/13 at 10:56ampost #960 of 13069/9/13 at 4:05pmQuote:Originally Posted by Sonido
I had gotten T90 and Crack to use as my work setup while I used WA7 and HD700 at home, but I don't think I can do that anymore as I love the T90 + Crack way too much. Also I just end up getting lost in the music and being able to focus on work lol.
I also have an O2+ODAC and it's got nothing on the Crack. *EDIT*
And this all without the speedball upgrade.
I guess you get an idea about what I think about the T90 with the Crack lol. But hey, maybe the it's not simply that pairing being so special. Maybe my ears are just wired to like this pairing. We're all wired differently ourselves, so only way to find out if it'll make such an impression on you is to try it out yourself.
Welcome to the euphonic world of OTL amplifiers. I happen to like the sound of OTL topology myself. Enough that I own both a Woo WA3+, Crack (without speedball at this time) and have a Zana Deux SE on order. I enjoy HD800/600 and T90 with my current OTLs, especially with Chatham 2399 and 5998 tubes, though a GEC A1834 curved brown base sounds very very special.
Don't discount the WA7 yet. You are fortunate that you have many bases covered from a very good, transparent amp (O2+ODAC), to a well designed transformer output WA7 which is between transparent and euphonic and will drive low impedance cans. Then you have the Crack which gives you coverage at the mostly euphonic end of the sound spectrum while being amenable to tube rolling. Look for CBS 5814 (12au7) drive tubes. You also have many bases covered with the HD700 and T90. Probably an HE-500 planar or TH-900 to round out the headphone toolbox and you are set for a very long time with many sonic capabilities.
- Beyerdynamic T90 :D
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › The discovery thread.! Yamaha HPH-200 (PG 1110) !!.KEF... 38 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 50 seconds ago
- › The AKG K550 Appreciation/Discussion Thread! 1 minute ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 1 minute ago
- › Adam A7x Audiophile Review by Digital Newbie 2 minutes ago
- › The ultimate phone cum audio player ? 2 minutes ago
- › Official 2014 LA/SoCal Regional Head-Fi Meet, March 22, 2014,... 2 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 2 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica's New Multidriver IEMs: The ATH-IM Series 2 minutes ago
- › Post A Photograph Of Your Turntable 2 minutes ago
- › AMB Laboratories γ2 (Gamma2) by JustinBieber
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by kmaenpaa
- › JVC HAS160B FLATS Lightweight Headband Headphones (Black) by Lokip000
- › COWON J3 32 GB Portable Media Player (Black) by Xstream
- › Astell & Kern AK120 by Beethoven Lover
- › Astell&Kern AKR01 Balanced Armature In-Ear Monitors by wolfetan44
- › Heir Audio 5.0 by surge
- › Philips Fidelio S1 by pignolo
- › Superlux HD-681 EVO Black Professional Monitor Headphones by alflying
- › Dunu DN-1000 by Brooko
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe