I bought the T90 yesterday. I connect it to the iPod and it sounds fine.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productbeyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productbeyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productBeyerdynamic T 70 Over Ear Headphone, Black/Greytagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productBeyerdynamic T70ptagged by System, 5/23/12
- productBeyerdynamic T90 Premium Stereo Headphonetagged by rasmushorn, 5/4/13
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 5/23/12
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 5/23/12
Related Forum Threads
- Please Help me choose a headphone from this website.... AH-D7000, HD650, DT880, DT990, T70 Last post on 5/22/16 at 6:38am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Beyerdynamic T70 & T70p: Any Impressions? Last post on 7/15/11 at 4:31am in Headphones (full-size)
- First Impressions of the new Beyerdynamic T70p Last post on 8/11/16 at 3:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- [GUIDE] Sonic Differences Between DT770-DT990 Models & More Last post on 9/26/16 at 1:04am in Headphones (full-size)
- Beyerdynamic Decisions..... Last post on 8/12/12 at 1:11pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
When these went on sale at massdrop I thought I was going to put one over on the man and get some really good audiophile grade headphones for $100, sadly that's not what I got when the package...
This little DAC punches way way way above its weight. I fell deep into the audiophile hole about a month ago, waiting for our 2nd son to be born. If I could be so bold, I went through a...
I love the Beyerdynamic dt770 250 Ohms. After searching high and low for a closed back headphone I fell upon these knowing that I would carry an amp. With the Cayin C5 - High gain at about 2.5...
As a music lover who prefers a portable means of listening to music, you might eventually discover that your device can't provide enough power for your IEMs, headphones, or earphones to reach...
Greetings Head-fi! Today we are going to be checking out the Mixcder ShareMe Pro, a Bluetooth headphone created with the aim of bringing listeners together. I was first introduced to...
Beyerdynamic T90 :D - Page 64
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #947 of 37999/8/13 at 1:47ampost #948 of 37999/8/13 at 8:29ampost #949 of 37999/8/13 at 10:37ampost #950 of 37999/8/13 at 7:12pmpost #951 of 37999/9/13 at 3:19amQuote:
Yep Exactly this, well said.post #952 of 37999/9/13 at 6:37am
They aren't that great with Pop and EDM.
Amazing for Chill-out, Jazz, Classical (especially string orchestras).
I'm trying to get another of pair of headphones for my Pop/Rock/EDM listening.
My ears bleed when listening to Avicii.
Edited by Nitrile - 9/9/13 at 6:39ampost #953 of 37999/9/13 at 10:01am
Thanks everyone. For classical, I usually listen to violin featured chamber music. You wouldn't say these are too bright, like violins end up being a bit piercing at louder volumes? I've heard these are bright phones.post #954 of 37999/9/13 at 10:10ampost #955 of 37999/9/13 at 10:24am
+1; The sibilant part for me is usually with vocals, never with stringed elements.
E: Wanted to add that it's not sibilant with vocals, just that whenever I do notice some sibilant parts, it's usually in the vocals. It's definitely a lot smoother now than when I had it fresh outta the box. Clapton : One More Car makes me feel like I'm there with the T90s.
Edited by MrEleventy - 9/9/13 at 11:00ampost #956 of 37999/9/13 at 10:27am
Guys, you are making this very hard for me :)
I'm trying to see if these or the 712 Pro would be better for classical music, anyone have experience comparing them?
Also, one reason I don't like the X1 for classical is that I can hear the headphone parts creaking as I move my head. It's a problem during soft passages. Any such issue with the T90?post #957 of 37999/9/13 at 10:31am
The AKG 712s are the 702 Annies recolored. And the 702 Annies are just 702s w/ memory foam pads. Supposedly the pads adds a bit of bass but takes away from the soundstage. Best bet is look for 702/Annies vs T90 comparisons and you'll be 95% of the way there.
E: And no, no creaking issues whatsoever. :)post #958 of 37999/9/13 at 10:50amI think the T90 has just enough brightness to sound realistic. I think too many people are comparing them to darker colored headphones, while the T90 is aims to remain faithful to the source.
I use them for primarily Jazz and Classical but the vocals of Sade, Lionel Richie and Phil Collins sounds great with no sibilence at all.post #959 of 37999/9/13 at 10:56ampost #960 of 37999/9/13 at 4:05pmQuote:Originally Posted by Sonido
I had gotten T90 and Crack to use as my work setup while I used WA7 and HD700 at home, but I don't think I can do that anymore as I love the T90 + Crack way too much. Also I just end up getting lost in the music and being able to focus on work lol.
I also have an O2+ODAC and it's got nothing on the Crack. *EDIT*
And this all without the speedball upgrade.
I guess you get an idea about what I think about the T90 with the Crack lol. But hey, maybe the it's not simply that pairing being so special. Maybe my ears are just wired to like this pairing. We're all wired differently ourselves, so only way to find out if it'll make such an impression on you is to try it out yourself.
Welcome to the euphonic world of OTL amplifiers. I happen to like the sound of OTL topology myself. Enough that I own both a Woo WA3+, Crack (without speedball at this time) and have a Zana Deux SE on order. I enjoy HD800/600 and T90 with my current OTLs, especially with Chatham 2399 and 5998 tubes, though a GEC A1834 curved brown base sounds very very special.
Don't discount the WA7 yet. You are fortunate that you have many bases covered from a very good, transparent amp (O2+ODAC), to a well designed transformer output WA7 which is between transparent and euphonic and will drive low impedance cans. Then you have the Crack which gives you coverage at the mostly euphonic end of the sound spectrum while being amenable to tube rolling. Look for CBS 5814 (12au7) drive tubes. You also have many bases covered with the HD700 and T90. Probably an HE-500 planar or TH-900 to round out the headphone toolbox and you are set for a very long time with many sonic capabilities.
- Beyerdynamic T90 :D
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › LG V10 : New ESS Chipped Flagship Android Phone from LG 21 seconds ago
- › IE800 ear tips 25 seconds ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 1 minute ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 2 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 3 minutes ago
- › IBasso Audio IT03 6 minutes ago
- › La Figaro 339 8 minutes ago
- › STAX SR 009 - AMAZING 8 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic... 10 minutes ago
- › What a long, strange trip it's been -- (Robert Hunter) 10 minutes ago
- › Massdrop x HIFIMAN HE350 by reikoshea
- › Hifime Sabre 9018 USB DAC by Rish732
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by Rish732
- › FiiO A1 Micro Headphone Amplifier by chef8489
- › Over Ear Headphones，Mixcder ShareMe Pro Bluetooth 4.1 Stereo HiFi... by B9Scrambler
- › DIGNIS LAETUS case for Chord Electronics Mojo by HiFiChris
- › Burson Audio Supreme Sound Opamp V5i by cleg
- › Final F7200 by Takeanidea
- › Denon Music Maniac In-Ear Headphones (AH-C250) by redeyeguy
- › RHA T20 by RaoulRutnam
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...