I bought the T90 yesterday. I connect it to the iPod and it sounds fine.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productbeyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productbeyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productBeyerdynamic T 70 Over Ear Headphone, Black/Greytagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productBeyerdynamic T70ptagged by System, 5/23/12
- productBeyerdynamic T90 Premium Stereo Headphonetagged by rasmushorn, 5/4/13
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 5/23/12
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 5/23/12
Related Forum Threads
- Please Help me choose a headphone from this website.... AH-D7000, HD650, DT880, DT990, T70 Last post on 10/20/11 at 8:18pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Beyerdynamic T70 & T70p: Any Impressions? Last post on 7/15/11 at 4:31am in Headphones (full-size)
- First Impressions of the new Beyerdynamic T70p Last post on 6/18/14 at 7:24am in Headphones (full-size)
- Any real alternative to D2000 (DT880 pro?) Last post on 7/12/12 at 2:57am in Headphones (full-size)
- Didn’t get on with ADH-2000 how about DT-880 or DT-990? Last post on 3/2/12 at 2:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Review to come when i have some time. Bottom line is, if you can pick these up on sale, they are a good buy for what they are. They are fairly comfortable, have ample bass which sadly lacks a...
Okay, these are my thoughts after a few hours. I recognize that's it's only been a few hours, but my opinion rarely changes with additional time. Initial Impressions: As has been...
I recently parted with my V-Moda Crossfade M-100 DJ Headphones and decided to move into something new. I had heard a lot about the Sennheiser HD 8 DJ and had a chance to own a pair for a Discount...
To be able to value my review I think it is important to mention some things about my preferences and experience with audio equipment and writing reviews. This is my first review for audio gear and...
Hifiman EF2A Review Overview:This is my first headphone amp review and I'm just going to review the amp section of this headphone amp as the DAC is nothing special, a bit better than most computer...
Beyerdynamic T90 :D - Page 64
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #947 of 21739/8/13 at 1:47ampost #948 of 21739/8/13 at 8:29ampost #949 of 21739/8/13 at 10:37ampost #950 of 21739/8/13 at 7:12pmpost #951 of 21739/9/13 at 3:19amQuote:
Yep Exactly this, well said.post #952 of 21739/9/13 at 6:37am
They aren't that great with Pop and EDM.
Amazing for Chill-out, Jazz, Classical (especially string orchestras).
I'm trying to get another of pair of headphones for my Pop/Rock/EDM listening.
My ears bleed when listening to Avicii.
Edited by Nitrile - 9/9/13 at 6:39ampost #953 of 21739/9/13 at 10:01am
Thanks everyone. For classical, I usually listen to violin featured chamber music. You wouldn't say these are too bright, like violins end up being a bit piercing at louder volumes? I've heard these are bright phones.post #954 of 21739/9/13 at 10:10ampost #955 of 21739/9/13 at 10:24am
+1; The sibilant part for me is usually with vocals, never with stringed elements.
E: Wanted to add that it's not sibilant with vocals, just that whenever I do notice some sibilant parts, it's usually in the vocals. It's definitely a lot smoother now than when I had it fresh outta the box. Clapton : One More Car makes me feel like I'm there with the T90s.
Edited by MrEleventy - 9/9/13 at 11:00ampost #956 of 21739/9/13 at 10:27am
Guys, you are making this very hard for me :)
I'm trying to see if these or the 712 Pro would be better for classical music, anyone have experience comparing them?
Also, one reason I don't like the X1 for classical is that I can hear the headphone parts creaking as I move my head. It's a problem during soft passages. Any such issue with the T90?post #957 of 21739/9/13 at 10:31am
The AKG 712s are the 702 Annies recolored. And the 702 Annies are just 702s w/ memory foam pads. Supposedly the pads adds a bit of bass but takes away from the soundstage. Best bet is look for 702/Annies vs T90 comparisons and you'll be 95% of the way there.
E: And no, no creaking issues whatsoever. :)post #958 of 21739/9/13 at 10:50amI think the T90 has just enough brightness to sound realistic. I think too many people are comparing them to darker colored headphones, while the T90 is aims to remain faithful to the source.
I use them for primarily Jazz and Classical but the vocals of Sade, Lionel Richie and Phil Collins sounds great with no sibilence at all.post #959 of 21739/9/13 at 10:56ampost #960 of 21739/9/13 at 4:05pmQuote:Originally Posted by Sonido
I had gotten T90 and Crack to use as my work setup while I used WA7 and HD700 at home, but I don't think I can do that anymore as I love the T90 + Crack way too much. Also I just end up getting lost in the music and being able to focus on work lol.
I also have an O2+ODAC and it's got nothing on the Crack. *EDIT*
And this all without the speedball upgrade.
I guess you get an idea about what I think about the T90 with the Crack lol. But hey, maybe the it's not simply that pairing being so special. Maybe my ears are just wired to like this pairing. We're all wired differently ourselves, so only way to find out if it'll make such an impression on you is to try it out yourself.
Welcome to the euphonic world of OTL amplifiers. I happen to like the sound of OTL topology myself. Enough that I own both a Woo WA3+, Crack (without speedball at this time) and have a Zana Deux SE on order. I enjoy HD800/600 and T90 with my current OTLs, especially with Chatham 2399 and 5998 tubes, though a GEC A1834 curved brown base sounds very very special.
Don't discount the WA7 yet. You are fortunate that you have many bases covered from a very good, transparent amp (O2+ODAC), to a well designed transformer output WA7 which is between transparent and euphonic and will drive low impedance cans. Then you have the Crack which gives you coverage at the mostly euphonic end of the sound spectrum while being amenable to tube rolling. Look for CBS 5814 (12au7) drive tubes. You also have many bases covered with the HD700 and T90. Probably an HE-500 planar or TH-900 to round out the headphone toolbox and you are set for a very long time with many sonic capabilities.
- Beyerdynamic T90 :D
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › THE HYPE.............................. Appreciation Thread. 1 minute ago
- › [Review] CK100PRO Unboxing & Impressions (+ a retrospective journey... 1 minute ago
- › J+- Wooden IEM 2 minutes ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! 3 minutes ago
- › The Audiophile Bass Lounge (Basshead club part II) 5 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90 Bug Thread - Post Any Firmware Bugs/Issues Here 7 minutes ago
- › Comparison / Review : A tale of two Sennheisers – HD600 vs HD700 7 minutes ago
- › [REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 & comparisons (Added K3003, XBA-H3, S-EM6) 8 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 8 minutes ago
- › $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage 8 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by Wyd4
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by MattTCG
- › Sennheiser HD8 DJ On Ear Headphones by DJPhiltheThrill
- › FiiO X5 High-res Portable Music Player by Cachicamo
- › Hifiman EF2A Usb Headphone Amplifier by kman1211
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by TrollDragon
- › Sony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphones by kman1211
- › Sennheiser HD 201 Headphones by MarcadoStalker7
- › NCredible NErgy In-Ear Headphones by Monster® by gopats1479
- › Schiit Asgard 2 by Hi-Fi'er
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)