Headphonic (Perth) have a good exchange program - If you don't like the headphones, send them back within twenty days for store credit http://headphones.com.au/FAQ/#5
Recent Images In This Thread
- productbeyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productbeyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productBeyerdynamic T 70 Over Ear Headphone, Black/Greytagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productBeyerdynamic T70ptagged by System, 5/23/12
- productBeyerdynamic T90 Premium Stereo Headphonetagged by rasmushorn, 5/4/13
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 5/23/12
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 5/23/12
Related Forum Threads
- Please Help me choose a headphone from this website.... AH-D7000, HD650, DT880, DT990, T70 Last post on 5/22/16 at 6:38am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Beyerdynamic T70 & T70p: Any Impressions? Last post on 7/15/11 at 4:31am in Headphones (full-size)
- First Impressions of the new Beyerdynamic T70p Last post on 2/25/16 at 2:56pm in Headphones (full-size)
- [GUIDE] Sonic Differences Between DT770-DT990 Models & More Last post on 7/26/16 at 12:45am in Headphones (full-size)
- Beyerdynamic Decisions..... Last post on 8/12/12 at 1:11pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
"In a cold world of flagships, the LCD-4 gives me the warmth I have been asking for." -Probably someone...
This review is for someone looking for a good pair of in-ear headphones after using over-ear phones; that's the situation where I am coming from at least, as I have been using Sennheiser's HD598...
I was excited to be approached by world famous cable artisan company 'Effect Audio' and asked me to provide a review of their recently released Ares II + Plus Edition IEM cable. This cable is...
This is my second attempt at using a portable amp (I returned my Fiio E12A for this). That was a good decision. The Cayin C5 is an absolute powerhouse. It can power IEM's and earbuds...
Introduction/Disclaimer I was given this sample in exchange for my honest opinion and impressions. I would especially like to thank Kathryn for getting in touch for purpose of this review. I...
Beyerdynamic T90 :D - Page 51post #751 of 37317/26/13 at 7:58pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #752 of 37317/27/13 at 1:53ampost #753 of 37317/27/13 at 1:55amI've often expressed opinions on this site, with other posters shooting my opinion down, or attacking me.. My response? Nothing. Why? Because I don't let it bother me. If someone thinks my thoughts are incorrect, big deal. It's only a hobby.post #754 of 37317/27/13 at 8:24amQuote:
One thing to remember is that personal preference is inviolate. There are some types of music that are not in my library, yet there are others that who enjoy those types and would not care for my preferences, as an example. Headphones, with the tremendous possibility of variation in interaction with the multiple shapes and sizes of pinna and ear canals are also as personal as shoes. I appreciate Migasson's opinions and approach to criticism, both receiving and giving.post #755 of 37317/27/13 at 1:56pmLast few pages here were interesting to read.
I believe that although there are many variables in source and preference, we can still gain a general consensus of how a can may sound.
I also have a degree in recording audio arts but my career went off in another direction but I have gained a love of headphones more than expensive home audio, wich my father was very heavy into and subjected/acclimated me into lol.
Anyway my point is since there are many opinions and all are valid to a degree, I personally find it easier to use a comparison of another headphone in relation to the particular one being discussed, to better help gain an idea of how it sounds..
So I would say it has less treble sparkle than the T1, yet a more closer and clearer midrage or less expansive sound of the T1 while still sounding similar and also so similar in resolution I would go as far as to say same level although my time with the T1 was very limited.
It does not have that extra wide sound of an open can but still amazing in vocals.
I would say the sony m900 would be similar in soundstage, as both these are not as expansive as a T1 or a stax or a HD800.
So I found that more than one view is correct..
Also I found the T90 to sound better with my "little dot III " tube amp ,
Than with my O2 amp.
I have to thank all those that make headphone meets possible, as it speeds your own personal search for "the right can" .
I myself just made a change in what I thought was best for me.
I sold my wonderful open can T90 spound for a more intimate sound in the ath-w3000anv
Edited by Maxx134 - 7/27/13 at 2:04pmpost #756 of 37317/27/13 at 3:08pmpost #757 of 37317/27/13 at 5:44pmpost #758 of 37317/28/13 at 4:53pmQuote:
I know that was meant to be a humorous jab at the discussion about our hearing preferences and differences but in reality, if the acoustics in the study were better than the acoustic of the living room, that would be a valid conclusion. There is a tendency to spend so much on equipment and forget the effects of the room, for speaker listening systems (or live acts.) Carefully selected furniture, room materials and room treatments can transform a listening space into something very accurate and special. Mastering rooms are designed with such in mind and are a joy to experience.post #759 of 37317/28/13 at 8:40pmQuote:Originally Posted by atomicbob
I know that was meant to be a humorous jab at the discussion about our hearing preferences and differences but in reality, if the acoustics in the study were better than the acoustic of the living room, that would be a valid conclusion. There is a tendency to spend so much on equipment and forget the effects of the room, for speaker listening systems (or live acts.) Carefully selected furniture, room materials and room treatments can transform a listening space into something very accurate and special. Mastering rooms are designed with such in mind and are a joy to experience.
Touche'!! As a matter of fact, I'm on the verge of building an addition for a home theater, as suiting sound to rooms is indeed a frustrating venture best left to professionals.post #760 of 37317/30/13 at 2:28pmQuote:
If you are serious about building a sound controlled space you should invest a few dollars in one of the F. Alton Everest books such as Sound Studio Construction on a Budget. Even if you don't do the work yourself, it will help you in selecting and getting the most from a professional.post #761 of 37317/30/13 at 4:24pmQuote:Originally Posted by atomicbob
If you are serious about building a sound controlled space you should invest a few dollars in one of the F. Alton Everest books such as Sound Studio Construction on a Budget. Even if you don't do the work yourself, it will help you in selecting and getting the most from a professional.
Thanks for the advice!!post #762 of 37318/5/13 at 8:05pm
NCIX Canada currently has these in stock for 499$ (585$ after tax+shipping). I ordered mine from AV Shop on June 8th for 509$ (with tax+shipping) & have been waiting for them to come back in stock. Not sure if I want to wait any longer.post #763 of 37318/8/13 at 1:18am
Hi all, I've actually read every single page of this post while deciding if I wanted to buy the T90s. Today I had a listen and was impressed, but not sold. I used my RWAK100 as a source playing lossless files of various bit depth into my Bottlehead Crack.
To me, the T90s sounded a lot like my HD650s, but with the added detail and resolution that the HD650s can lack. I loved their imaging and balance across all frequencies, but I can definitely relate to comments about the treble peak and I definitely found some issues with the 8-10kHz range on certain recordings - not ear destroying, but also not enjoyable.
I have 2 questions I'd love your input on:
post #764 of 37318/8/13 at 2:18amI would suggest that the T90 is better value. I had mine amped by a WA22, and it was far from harsh. T1 was better, but did,not justify the price difference. Mind you, my source is vinyl, not that high res digital stuff.post #765 of 37318/8/13 at 3:32amQuote:
- Does the treble soften slightly with burn-in?
- Are the T1 more laid-back in the treble while maintaining the other attributes of the T90?
Thanks for the impressions. Would you say they smooth out a bit with burn-in?
- Beyerdynamic T90 :D
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by... 2 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 3 minutes ago
- › Cartoon Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 5 minutes ago
- › The DX90 by iBasso . . . Sound impressions . . . . . . . New... 6 minutes ago
- › Recommend me a high quality recording of Carmina Burana 7 minutes ago
- › AKG N40 9 minutes ago
- › AUDIO over IP - REDNET 3 & 16 Review. AES67 Sets A New Standard... 10 minutes ago
- › Roon is live 11 minutes ago
- › Shozy Zero: $50 IEMs with real rosewood, taking on the $500 big boys! 11 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-4 by Dillan
- › Sennheiser IE80 by AnssiRai
- › Effect Audio Ares II + Plus Edition IEM cable by sonickarma
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by Tayyab Pirzada
- › Edifier S1000DB Audiophile Active Bookshelf Speakers - Bluetooth... by dnun8086
- › Sennheiser Momentum Wireless Over Ear Headphones by Llloyd
- › Simaudio 230HAD by sheldaze
- › FiiO L9 L-Shaped Line Out Dock (LOD) Cable For iPod and iPhone by ryanjsoo
- › Espressivo-E by Feliks Audio by thatonenoob
- › B&O Beoplay H6 (2nd generation) by istirsin
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...