Headphonic (Perth) have a good exchange program - If you don't like the headphones, send them back within twenty days for store credit http://headphones.com.au/FAQ/#5
Recent Images In This Thread
- productbeyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productbeyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productBeyerdynamic T 70 Over Ear Headphone, Black/Greytagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productBeyerdynamic T70ptagged by System, 5/23/12
- productBeyerdynamic T90 Premium Stereo Headphonetagged by rasmushorn, 5/4/13
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 5/23/12
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 5/23/12
Related Forum Threads
- Please Help me choose a headphone from this website.... AH-D7000, HD650, DT880, DT990, T70 Last post on 10/20/11 at 8:18pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Beyerdynamic T70 & T70p: Any Impressions? Last post on 7/15/11 at 4:31am in Headphones (full-size)
- First Impressions of the new Beyerdynamic T70p Last post on 9/27/13 at 11:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Any real alternative to D2000 (DT880 pro?) Last post on 7/12/12 at 2:57am in Headphones (full-size)
- Didn’t get on with ADH-2000 how about DT-880 or DT-990? Last post on 3/2/12 at 2:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Since the Gamma y2 is a DIY project I'm not going to comment on the build quality as its dependent on the builder. The Sound The sound of the y2 varies on how it was built. Mine is using...
I just thought I'd write up a review on these headphones. They did a bit getting used to, because the reproduction of sound is so clear and even. Like getting used to a pair of studio monitors...
Its cheap, I got my blue ones for 6 dollars, it sounds good consider, and it is very light weight. I do not know why some people insist this pair is better than 50-100 dollar headphones, it's...
Well, i won't make a long review. Having the iPod Nano V6, SansaClip+, SansaClip Fuse, iAudio 6 and a mix of older Sony's, iPod's etc ... I think the best sounding player to me was the iAudio 6....
Do not buy an Astell & Kern 120. It claims 192Gb memory, but it indexes and uses only the internal memory - 64gb. The external SD cards carry files but do not show up on the device. Money spent...
Beyerdynamic T90 :D - Page 51post #751 of 13077/26/13 at 7:58pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #752 of 13077/27/13 at 1:53ampost #753 of 13077/27/13 at 1:55amI've often expressed opinions on this site, with other posters shooting my opinion down, or attacking me.. My response? Nothing. Why? Because I don't let it bother me. If someone thinks my thoughts are incorrect, big deal. It's only a hobby.post #754 of 13077/27/13 at 8:24amQuote:
One thing to remember is that personal preference is inviolate. There are some types of music that are not in my library, yet there are others that who enjoy those types and would not care for my preferences, as an example. Headphones, with the tremendous possibility of variation in interaction with the multiple shapes and sizes of pinna and ear canals are also as personal as shoes. I appreciate Migasson's opinions and approach to criticism, both receiving and giving.post #755 of 13077/27/13 at 1:56pmLast few pages here were interesting to read.
I believe that although there are many variables in source and preference, we can still gain a general consensus of how a can may sound.
I also have a degree in recording audio arts but my career went off in another direction but I have gained a love of headphones more than expensive home audio, wich my father was very heavy into and subjected/acclimated me into lol.
Anyway my point is since there are many opinions and all are valid to a degree, I personally find it easier to use a comparison of another headphone in relation to the particular one being discussed, to better help gain an idea of how it sounds..
So I would say it has less treble sparkle than the T1, yet a more closer and clearer midrage or less expansive sound of the T1 while still sounding similar and also so similar in resolution I would go as far as to say same level although my time with the T1 was very limited.
It does not have that extra wide sound of an open can but still amazing in vocals.
I would say the sony m900 would be similar in soundstage, as both these are not as expansive as a T1 or a stax or a HD800.
So I found that more than one view is correct..
Also I found the T90 to sound better with my "little dot III " tube amp ,
Than with my O2 amp.
I have to thank all those that make headphone meets possible, as it speeds your own personal search for "the right can" .
I myself just made a change in what I thought was best for me.
I sold my wonderful open can T90 spound for a more intimate sound in the ath-w3000anv
Edited by Maxx134 - 7/27/13 at 2:04pmpost #756 of 13077/27/13 at 3:08pmpost #757 of 13077/27/13 at 5:44pmpost #758 of 13077/28/13 at 4:53pmQuote:
I know that was meant to be a humorous jab at the discussion about our hearing preferences and differences but in reality, if the acoustics in the study were better than the acoustic of the living room, that would be a valid conclusion. There is a tendency to spend so much on equipment and forget the effects of the room, for speaker listening systems (or live acts.) Carefully selected furniture, room materials and room treatments can transform a listening space into something very accurate and special. Mastering rooms are designed with such in mind and are a joy to experience.post #759 of 13077/28/13 at 8:40pmQuote:Originally Posted by atomicbob
I know that was meant to be a humorous jab at the discussion about our hearing preferences and differences but in reality, if the acoustics in the study were better than the acoustic of the living room, that would be a valid conclusion. There is a tendency to spend so much on equipment and forget the effects of the room, for speaker listening systems (or live acts.) Carefully selected furniture, room materials and room treatments can transform a listening space into something very accurate and special. Mastering rooms are designed with such in mind and are a joy to experience.
Touche'!! As a matter of fact, I'm on the verge of building an addition for a home theater, as suiting sound to rooms is indeed a frustrating venture best left to professionals.post #760 of 13077/30/13 at 2:28pmQuote:
If you are serious about building a sound controlled space you should invest a few dollars in one of the F. Alton Everest books such as Sound Studio Construction on a Budget. Even if you don't do the work yourself, it will help you in selecting and getting the most from a professional.post #761 of 13077/30/13 at 4:24pmQuote:Originally Posted by atomicbob
If you are serious about building a sound controlled space you should invest a few dollars in one of the F. Alton Everest books such as Sound Studio Construction on a Budget. Even if you don't do the work yourself, it will help you in selecting and getting the most from a professional.
Thanks for the advice!!post #762 of 13078/5/13 at 8:05pm
NCIX Canada currently has these in stock for 499$ (585$ after tax+shipping). I ordered mine from AV Shop on June 8th for 509$ (with tax+shipping) & have been waiting for them to come back in stock. Not sure if I want to wait any longer.post #763 of 13078/8/13 at 1:18am
Hi all, I've actually read every single page of this post while deciding if I wanted to buy the T90s. Today I had a listen and was impressed, but not sold. I used my RWAK100 as a source playing lossless files of various bit depth into my Bottlehead Crack.
To me, the T90s sounded a lot like my HD650s, but with the added detail and resolution that the HD650s can lack. I loved their imaging and balance across all frequencies, but I can definitely relate to comments about the treble peak and I definitely found some issues with the 8-10kHz range on certain recordings - not ear destroying, but also not enjoyable.
I have 2 questions I'd love your input on:
post #764 of 13078/8/13 at 2:18amI would suggest that the T90 is better value. I had mine amped by a WA22, and it was far from harsh. T1 was better, but did,not justify the price difference. Mind you, my source is vinyl, not that high res digital stuff.post #765 of 13078/8/13 at 3:32amQuote:
- Does the treble soften slightly with burn-in?
- Are the T1 more laid-back in the treble while maintaining the other attributes of the T90?
Thanks for the impressions. Would you say they smooth out a bit with burn-in?
- Beyerdynamic T90 :D
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Schiit Modi USB DAC 28 seconds ago
- › NAD Viso HP50 : Another superb headphone from Paul Barton? 57 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Dec 16th 2013 and feature poll... 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 3 minutes ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.2.6 3 minutes ago
- › Starving Student PCB's 3 minutes ago
- › Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) UPDATE: AUDEZ'E... 3 minutes ago
- › The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2 4 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-1R series MK2 5 minutes ago
- › AMB Laboratories γ2 (Gamma2) by JustinBieber
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by kmaenpaa
- › JVC HAS160B FLATS Lightweight Headband Headphones (Black) by Lokip000
- › COWON J3 32 GB Portable Media Player (Black) by Xstream
- › Astell & Kern AK120 by Beethoven Lover
- › Astell&Kern AKR01 Balanced Armature In-Ear Monitors by wolfetan44
- › Heir Audio 5.0 by surge
- › Philips Fidelio S1 by pignolo
- › Superlux HD-681 EVO Black Professional Monitor Headphones by alflying
- › Dunu DN-1000 by Brooko
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe