I contacted the company and they said they have no plans of releasing a T80. You guys had nice dreams though. I was considering getting a DT880, should I get a T90 instead?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productbeyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productbeyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productBeyerdynamic T 70 Over Ear Headphone, Black/Greytagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productBeyerdynamic T70ptagged by System, 5/23/12
- productBeyerdynamic T90 Premium Stereo Headphonetagged by rasmushorn, 5/4/13
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 5/23/12
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 5/23/12
Related Forum Threads
- Please Help me choose a headphone from this website.... AH-D7000, HD650, DT880, DT990, T70 Last post on 10/20/11 at 8:18pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Beyerdynamic T70 & T70p: Any Impressions? Last post on 7/15/11 at 4:31am in Headphones (full-size)
- First Impressions of the new Beyerdynamic T70p Last post on 7/24/14 at 8:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- [GUIDE] Sonic Differences Between DT770-DT990 Models & More Last post on 2/10/15 at 6:44am in Headphones (full-size)
- Beyerdynamic Decisions..... Last post on 8/12/12 at 1:11pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
These are also known as the monoprice 8323's. I have these for nearly 2 years. I bought them a few months after my faithfull 8323's. Pros - for the price they deliver the highest quality...
Let me start this review with some information about the company that made these headphones, Philips. The company that invented the CD, the first radio etc. As a Dutch guy, I'm very connected with...
I'll start off by saying I am by no means an audiophile, just a kid with some money and a passion for music. These headphones, as far as I can tell, have more prominent mids than most...
Let me just say one thing up front: if you have any complaints about the speed or the bass extension of these headphones, you need a better headphone amp. /endofdiscussion The HD600s will take the...
Sound is neutral with a slight mid bass tilt. Highs and lows are well extended. Sound stage is large for an iem. The bass has some impact without being boomy. The treble is clear without...
Beyerdynamic T90 :D - Page 40post #586 of 28274/16/13 at 7:07pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #587 of 28274/21/13 at 9:15am
I spoke with Pete yesterday at the NY Headfi Meet and I will be reviewing some of the Beyer products in the next several months. The first one Pete is sending is the T90. I should
have this review completed within the next 6-8 weeks and will forward a link when it done. I am looking forward to working with the outstanding products from Beyerdynamic.post #588 of 28274/21/13 at 8:19pmpost #589 of 28274/21/13 at 8:25pm
Thanks. I am looking forward to reviewing it as well.post #590 of 28274/22/13 at 12:07amAfter being fortunate enough attend for a short time to hear most of the top cans available at that NY meet,
I had to take that plung and buy the T90 (!)..
Resistance was futile as it left an overwhelming impression on my mind of having a quality wich I call alive.
For it to do so and not be erased by all the other top end cans is a dam amazement.
My other open can favs was the senn800 and stax over the rest.
also to me the T1 had slightly more delicate treble but also was slightly more set back or not as engaging as the T90 so although similar in signature they have a slightly different perspective on soundstage.
Edited by Maxx134 - 4/22/13 at 12:19ampost #591 of 28274/22/13 at 12:44pmQuote:
Maybe it's just me but I don't find T1 to be that whole much better than the T90. They are definitely close in terms of performance to my ears.post #592 of 28274/23/13 at 8:56amTo me the T1 was more of a lateral move rather than an upgrade over the T90, but only speaking about sound not materials.
Also, Your ears perceptions will vary somewhat according to both its inner shape as it's outer dimensions.post #593 of 28274/23/13 at 9:44amQuote:
That last point should be kept in mind by everyone when reading descriptions of the sound as perceived by each individual. The descriptions are informative, helps with trending, and I enjoy reading them myself. It takes a personal audition to find out how a particular set of headphones will interact with a specific listener. Another point to keep in mind, personal preference is inviolate. The T90 + woo WA7 combination is receiving a lot of listening time even though I have HD800, HE-500 cans and WA3+ and V200 amps. They just sound right for my human auditory system.post #594 of 28274/23/13 at 9:49pmpost #595 of 28274/23/13 at 10:00pmpost #596 of 28274/23/13 at 11:49pmQuote:
Completely different sound though. I have both but would never replace one with the otherpost #597 of 28274/24/13 at 8:34amQuote:
I agree, though I prefer the HD600 and HD800 instead of the HD650 as my compliments to the T90. All keepers for me. There are times when the HD800 and T90 reveal too much detail on a recording with less than stellar fidelity and the HD600 with a WA3+ manages to smooth it all out for my ears.post #598 of 28274/25/13 at 8:05pmQuote:Originally Posted by atomicbob
The WA7+T90 combination is very addictive. I've been going through my library, listening to music I haven't played in years. I realize the T90 doesn't work for everyone, but those for whom it is a good match, the WA7 makes them sing. Have had many waaaay too late listening sessions recently. Don't want to stop listening.
I will post impressions with this combo when I do the WA7 review in about three weeks.post #599 of 28274/26/13 at 6:20pmThat is excellent news Frank.
It does take time to get a proper perspective.Quote:Compared to the T90 the HD650 seems rather dull and dark.Quote:I have to burn these bad boys in,
but So far, fresh out the box,
the T90 realism, space and details is pretty dam impressive.post #600 of 28274/28/13 at 9:01pmWell I've got a pair of T90s on the way. I've gotten bored with my STAXs and Beyer is the only big dynamic brand I haven't heard(assuming you count my K81s for AKG) It's been awhile since I heard most of them, and the headphones I heard were not top models(SR80i, AD900, A900, HD598, PRO2900, SR-5NB) but I'll still throw something together when they get here. I'm hoping for a sound like my STAX but with a bit more bite and impact. Something that I don't think stats(or planars?) quite have.
Should be here by the second of May.
- Beyerdynamic T90 :D
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Three Word Story 2 seconds ago
- › Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Sound Quality 9 seconds ago
- › Grado e Series 23 seconds ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 31 seconds ago
- › Testing audiophile claims and myths 40 seconds ago
- › Audeze EL-8: The EL-8 is a must-hear at CES 2015 47 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 54 seconds ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 1 minute ago
- › First foray into CIEMs 1 minute ago
- › The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New) 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser Urbanite XL Black Over-Ear Headphones by Dogmatrix
- › Monoprice MHP-839 by engineerd3d
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by D-TECH
- › Audio-Technica AIR Dynamic Headphones ATH-AD900X by NineRedTools
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by rjm003
- › Miles Davis Trumpet High Performance In-ear Headphones by Merfolk
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Niyologist
- › Goldring DR100 High Fidelity Stereo Headphones by interpolate
- › thinksound rain2 Wooden In-Ear Headphone (Gunmetal Chocolate) by Delance26
- › AudioMinor Headphone Cables by Baycode
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3