I contacted the company and they said they have no plans of releasing a T80. You guys had nice dreams though. I was considering getting a DT880, should I get a T90 instead?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productbeyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productbeyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productBeyerdynamic T 70 Over Ear Headphone, Black/Greytagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productBeyerdynamic T70ptagged by System, 5/23/12
- productBeyerdynamic T90 Premium Stereo Headphonetagged by rasmushorn, 5/4/13
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 5/23/12
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 5/23/12
Related Forum Threads
- Please Help me choose a headphone from this website.... AH-D7000, HD650, DT880, DT990, T70 Last post on 5/22/16 at 6:38am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Beyerdynamic T70 & T70p: Any Impressions? Last post on 7/15/11 at 4:31am in Headphones (full-size)
- First Impressions of the new Beyerdynamic T70p Last post on 8/11/16 at 3:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- [GUIDE] Sonic Differences Between DT770-DT990 Models & More Last post on 10/17/16 at 1:57pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Beyerdynamic Decisions..... Last post on 8/12/12 at 1:11pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Welcome to my first review DanaCable Lazuli SH HP Cable versus Moon Audio Black Dragon HD800 HP Cable Preliminaries I tend to hear subtle...
Preamble: I have a set of around 30 – 40 tracks all in the FLAC from varying genres that I use as my test reference playlist. I try to cover as many genres and stick to recordings that have good...
At the time this review was written, the Earsonics S-EM9 was listed for sale on Musicteck’s online store. Here is a link to their listing of the...
HIFIMAN SuperMini review Oct 2016 INTRO Just some background on me with previous experience of daps and why I’ve arrived here at this point in time. ...In a Hi-Fi...
First of all, above any other factor, these are just SO COMFORTABLE!! There are very expensive headphones I used that sound really good but feel like someone is trying to crush my head. These have...
Beyerdynamic T90 :D - Page 40post #586 of 38534/16/13 at 7:07pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #587 of 38534/21/13 at 9:15am
I spoke with Pete yesterday at the NY Headfi Meet and I will be reviewing some of the Beyer products in the next several months. The first one Pete is sending is the T90. I should
have this review completed within the next 6-8 weeks and will forward a link when it done. I am looking forward to working with the outstanding products from Beyerdynamic.post #588 of 38534/21/13 at 8:19pmpost #589 of 38534/21/13 at 8:25pmpost #590 of 38534/22/13 at 12:07amAfter being fortunate enough attend for a short time to hear most of the top cans available at that NY meet,
I had to take that plung and buy the T90 (!)..
Resistance was futile as it left an overwhelming impression on my mind of having a quality wich I call alive.
For it to do so and not be erased by all the other top end cans is a dam amazement.
My other open can favs was the senn800 and stax over the rest.
also to me the T1 had slightly more delicate treble but also was slightly more set back or not as engaging as the T90 so although similar in signature they have a slightly different perspective on soundstage.
Edited by Maxx134 - 4/22/13 at 12:19ampost #591 of 38534/22/13 at 12:44pmQuote:
Maybe it's just me but I don't find T1 to be that whole much better than the T90. They are definitely close in terms of performance to my ears.post #592 of 38534/23/13 at 8:56amTo me the T1 was more of a lateral move rather than an upgrade over the T90, but only speaking about sound not materials.
Also, Your ears perceptions will vary somewhat according to both its inner shape as it's outer dimensions.post #593 of 38534/23/13 at 9:44amQuote:
That last point should be kept in mind by everyone when reading descriptions of the sound as perceived by each individual. The descriptions are informative, helps with trending, and I enjoy reading them myself. It takes a personal audition to find out how a particular set of headphones will interact with a specific listener. Another point to keep in mind, personal preference is inviolate. The T90 + woo WA7 combination is receiving a lot of listening time even though I have HD800, HE-500 cans and WA3+ and V200 amps. They just sound right for my human auditory system.post #594 of 38534/23/13 at 9:49pmpost #595 of 38534/23/13 at 10:00pmpost #596 of 38534/23/13 at 11:49pmQuote:
Completely different sound though. I have both but would never replace one with the otherpost #597 of 38534/24/13 at 8:34amQuote:
I agree, though I prefer the HD600 and HD800 instead of the HD650 as my compliments to the T90. All keepers for me. There are times when the HD800 and T90 reveal too much detail on a recording with less than stellar fidelity and the HD600 with a WA3+ manages to smooth it all out for my ears.post #598 of 38534/25/13 at 8:05pmQuote:Originally Posted by atomicbob
The WA7+T90 combination is very addictive. I've been going through my library, listening to music I haven't played in years. I realize the T90 doesn't work for everyone, but those for whom it is a good match, the WA7 makes them sing. Have had many waaaay too late listening sessions recently. Don't want to stop listening.
I will post impressions with this combo when I do the WA7 review in about three weeks.post #599 of 38534/26/13 at 6:20pmThat is excellent news Frank.
It does take time to get a proper perspective.Quote:Compared to the T90 the HD650 seems rather dull and dark.Quote:I have to burn these bad boys in,
but So far, fresh out the box,
the T90 realism, space and details is pretty dam impressive.post #600 of 38534/28/13 at 9:01pmWell I've got a pair of T90s on the way. I've gotten bored with my STAXs and Beyer is the only big dynamic brand I haven't heard(assuming you count my K81s for AKG) It's been awhile since I heard most of them, and the headphones I heard were not top models(SR80i, AD900, A900, HD598, PRO2900, SR-5NB) but I'll still throw something together when they get here. I'm hoping for a sound like my STAX but with a bit more bite and impact. Something that I don't think stats(or planars?) quite have.
Should be here by the second of May.
- Beyerdynamic T90 :D
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Cowon Plenue P1 1 minute ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 3 minutes ago
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 Wireless - Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › B&O H7 Bluetooth Discussion and Impressions 4 minutes ago
- › The HeadAmp GS-X and GS-X MK2 Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HE-4 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 7 minutes ago
- › The "Lovely Cube" Headphone Amp (Lehmann Black Cube Linear Clone) 8 minutes ago
- › Focal Elear - Impressions Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread 9 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN Megamini by FortisFlyer75
- › Little Dot MK II by hifimanguy
- › Danacable Lazuli SH for Sennheiser HD800 / 800S by FLTWS
- › PSB M4U 4 by Krisman
- › Earsonics - S-EM9 in-ear Earphones by Hisoundfi
- › HIFIMAN SuperMini High-Res Portable Player by FortisFlyer75
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by Peter Zhang
- › FiiO A1 Micro Headphone Amplifier by Headzone
- › SIMGOT EN700 In Ear Dynamic Earphone 24Ω Original ... by bhazard
- › Sony MDR-CD2000 CD Series Headphones by leroik
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...