Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Beyerdynamic T90 :D
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Beyerdynamic T90 :D - Page 197

post #2941 of 2950

Anyone ever tried just putting a bit of tissue paper between the drivers and driver covers to try and tame the treble?

post #2942 of 2950
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilly87 View Post
 

Anyone ever tried just putting a bit of tissue paper between the drivers and driver covers to try and tame the treble?

 

Actually I tried, but I don't think it works. It doesn't reduce the over amount of treble, but makes the sound dull.

post #2943 of 2950
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilly87 View Post
 

Anyone ever tried just putting a bit of tissue paper between the drivers and driver covers to try and tame the treble?


I just decided to grow older - boom!! treble tamed. Only hear until 17kHz - makes lots of things easier, lol

post #2944 of 2950
Quote:
Originally Posted by grampus View Post
 

 

Actually I tried, but I don't think it works. It doesn't reduce the over amount of treble, but makes the sound dull.

 

I've just done it..I agree it takes away some of the excitement, but it actually sounds more neutral to me now. I took a tissue, spread it out, folded it in half once, and cut the proper sized circle (so basically a circle that's 2 tissues thick), popped off the ring that holds the driver cover in place, and put the tissue between the driver and the foam cover.

 

I can actually get the volume quite a bit higher now without that 6-10k spike reaching fatiguing levels, the tone sounds less colored / more neutral, and with the increase in tolerable volume the bass comes out very nicely.

 

This mod has actually really improved my perception of the soundstage, perhaps due to greater dynamics at louder volumes / higher power, or maybe just an overall less aggressive sound - I keep taking them off to see if background noises are coming from my desktop speakers XD That hasn't happened since I first got the HD650.


Edited by Gilly87 - 4/24/15 at 2:13pm
post #2945 of 2950

There isn't much up at 17Khz anyway!


A.

post #2946 of 2950

Well, that graph tell us that not a single instrument goes over 3,9 kHz, but EQuing 5..20kHz can be heard clearly :)

 

And about T90 treble, i feel the same, sometimes it is too harsh (i'am 30 don't know how high i hear :) ) And can be fatiguing.. but A LOT depends' on recording.

 

ATM i came to sometimes EQ them in foobar to 5-7 @ -1, 10-14 @ -2 and -3 @ 20kHz.. it is not always necessary but do help with some songs. And i keep experimenting.

post #2947 of 2950
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOneLt View Post
 

Well, that graph tell us that not a single instrument goes over 3,9 kHz, but EQuing 5..20kHz can be heard clearly :)

 

And about T90 treble, i feel the same, sometimes it is too harsh (i'am 30 don't know how high i hear :) ) And can be fatiguing.. but A LOT depends' on recording.

 

ATM i came to sometimes EQ them in foobar to 5-7 @ -1, 10-14 @ -2 and -3 @ 20kHz.. it is not always necessary but do help with some songs. And i keep experimenting.


 The graph shown here only related to the fundamental frequencies. The harmonics of some instrument extend beyond the limits of hearing & even the CD reproduction capabilities. Cymbals can in some cases have harmonics up near to 40KHz.

post #2948 of 2950

Well, there is certainly something up there. But since I am not a bat I don't care for anything beyond 20kHz ;-) since my hearing is currently limited at 17kHZ and it won't get any better with age.....

 

Anyhow, here is a free test: http://www.noiseaddicts.com/2009/03/can-you-hear-this-hearing-test/

 

and here is a full hearing test:

http://myhearingtest.net

 

 

Cheers,

K

post #2949 of 2950
Definitely nothing over 20 kHz but i'd say i hear 19 at high volume... But it is unpleasant, though there is almost no audible sound but ears clearly "feel" it..

And it seems my hearing is damaged according to test, strange that i hear high's better... But maybe that is the problem.. my ears loosing mids and that;s why treble seems so harsh :/




I calibrated test few times and seems it is in normal range, and i really dont think i have hearing problems smily_headphones1.gif i hope so biggrin.gif
Edited by NoOneLt - Yesterday at 8:38 am
post #2950 of 2950
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koolpep View Post
 

I just decided to grow older

 

 

I decided that a long time ago. Now I'm paying the price. :mad:

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Beyerdynamic T90 :D