Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Beyerdynamic T90 :D
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Beyerdynamic T90 :D - Page 196

post #2926 of 2938
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uxzuigal View Post
 

Curious if I am the only person experiencing this - "Imagine Dragons - Radioactive" sounds absolutely god awful, to the extent I removed it from my playlist on my T90's... the distorted bass/drums is unlistenable.

 

Other things with bass etc sounds awesome though, but this song, together with a couple of other Imagine Dragons songs sounds... well, Im not sure what they recorded with, papercup?

 

This is what happens when the veil is lifted...

post #2927 of 2938
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilly87 View Post
 

 

This is what happens when the veil is lifted...


EXACTLY.

post #2928 of 2938

Imagine that ......there is poorly recorded "crap" out there that we want to sound good on great cans!!

 

Oh My...

 

A.

 

PS: Maybe equalizer settings can fix this?? LOL.


Edited by adydula - 4/15/15 at 3:18pm
post #2929 of 2938
Quote:
Originally Posted by adydula View Post
 

Imagine that ......there is poorly recorded "crap" out there that we want to sound good on great cans!!

 

Oh My...

 

A.

 

PS: Maybe equalizer settings can fix this?? LOL.


Just throw a steep low pass filter around 7.5khz over the entire track, crank the volume, and the T-90 will sound like these overpriced "basshead" planar magnetic "hiFi" cans :deadhorse:  Only with a better soundstage :gs1000smile: 


Edited by alpha80 - 4/15/15 at 4:04pm
post #2930 of 2938
Quote:
Originally Posted by xskugga View Post


I don't think there is a special process to changing them, so that should be simple enough. As for your ear size, that could be true, but would that not be the case for every pair? I found the earpads on thr DT990s to be Bella comfortable. They were large, soft, and plush. Something like that should suit you.

 

Tried the DT990s out today, they were super comfortable. Did not rate the SQ though

 

Did not like the AKGs (K701,K712) they sit too close to your ear and the SQ is not great.

 

The only option from the T90 is up, not down. So spend more $$$ for either the HD800 or T1.

 

Think I may just hang onto the Jubilees and be happy

post #2931 of 2938
Quote:
Originally Posted by adydula View Post
 

Imagine that ......there is poorly recorded "crap" out there that we want to sound good on great cans!!

 

Oh My...

 

A.

 

PS: Maybe equalizer settings can fix this?? LOL.

Im still convinced it was recorded with papercup microphones, I dont think any amount of equalizer will fix it. Had a funny guy telling me that it's a great song to "sort out good from bad headphones", played the song on his Audeze LCD-X - it sounded even worse :>

post #2932 of 2938
Quote:
Originally Posted by motion2082 View Post
 

 

Tried the DT990s out today, they were super comfortable. Did not rate the SQ though

 

Did not like the AKGs (K701,K712) they sit too close to your ear and the SQ is not great.

 

The only option from the T90 is up, not down. So spend more $$$ for either the HD800 or T1.

 

Think I may just hang onto the Jubilees and be happy

 

I would recommend buying some EDT990V earpads from Beyer then, you can find them for $70 AUD here: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Beyerdynamic-EDT990V-Headphone-Ear-Pads-Silver-/141610057569?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item20f89dff61

 

Perhaps also give something like SRH1840s or some orthodynamics like He-400i or HE-500s a try if you decide not to stick with the T90s. They may fit well. If not then HD700s do drop around $550 and $650 every so often.

post #2933 of 2938
Quote:
Originally Posted by xskugga View Post

I would recommend buying some EDT990V earpads from Beyer then, you can find them for $70 AUD here: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Beyerdynamic-EDT990V-Headphone-Ear-Pads-Silver-/141610057569?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item20f89dff61

Perhaps also give something like SRH1840s or some orthodynamics like He-400i or HE-500s a try if you decide not to stick with the T90s. They may fit well. If not then HD700s do drop around $550 and $650 every so often.

So buy brand new T90 Jubilee for $899 then replace with $70 earcups...i dont think so

Returning T90 jb today so I will give your other options a try.
post #2934 of 2938
Quote:
Originally Posted by motion2082 View Post

So buy brand new T90 Jubilee for $899 then replace with $70 earcups...i dont think so

Returning T90 jb today so I will give your other options a try.


I love my T90 to bits, so much so that I sold them to buy the T90 Jubilee - but $899 - no way. They are great and worth a lot but not worth that much....I paid less than $500 for them new on massdrop.

Cheers,
K

EDIT: just looked it up, I paid less than 500 but only 1 cent less. LOL 499.99
Edited by Koolpep - 4/17/15 at 10:14pm
post #2935 of 2938
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koolpep View Post

I love my T90 to bits, so much so that I sold them to buy the T90 Jubilee - but $899 - no way. They are great and worth a lot but not worth that much....I paid less than $500 for them new on massdrop.

Cheers,
K

EDIT: just looked it up, I paid less than 500 but only 1 cent less. LOL 499.99

They are a really nice headphone. Hard to say what my exact price was. Paid $1500AU ($1167USD) for T90 Jubliee + Meier Audio Corda Jazz + Quad Link D1 DAC combo

I ended up going back to the headphone shop today. Did not find a solution for the heat issue. They did mention that the DT990 earcups above as being a little cooler.

I think if I had my time again I would have bought a Beyer DT990 + Q-DAC for $1000AU ($778USD)

Why? DT990 is lighter, more comfortable, better earcups and cheaper and from what I'm reading are still just as good SQ as the T90
Edited by motion2082 - Yesterday at 6:50 am
post #2936 of 2938
I have had the DT990 and 880 and the T90 are a good step up from the two,in sound quality and transparency. The DT990 are to V shaped for me and the DT880 a little to flat. The T90 have just the right mix of low end punch, mids are clean and clear, the highs have great sparkle on most recording. With the right amp/tubes that's taken care of too.
As always just my opinion.
post #2937 of 2938
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kozic View Post

The DT990 are to V shaped for me and the DT880 a little to flat. The T90 have just the right mix of low end punch, mids are clean and clear, the highs have great sparkle on most recording.

 

You sound like Goldilocks.

 

You don't find the T90 too bright?

post #2938 of 2938
Quote:
Originally Posted by pp312 View Post

You sound like Goldilocks.

You don't find the T90 too bright?
They are bright but for me on good recordings they are not harsh and when you run them off a warm amp they work best. If you use tubes try the English made ones IMO they pair the best with the T90
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Beyerdynamic T90 :D