Do you find the iDSD nano has enough power for them?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productbeyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productbeyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productBeyerdynamic T 70 Over Ear Headphone, Black/Greytagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productBeyerdynamic T70ptagged by System, 5/23/12
- productBeyerdynamic T90 Premium Stereo Headphonetagged by rasmushorn, 5/4/13
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 5/23/12
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 5/23/12
Related Forum Threads
- Please Help me choose a headphone from this website.... AH-D7000, HD650, DT880, DT990, T70 Last post on 10/20/11 at 8:18pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Beyerdynamic T70 & T70p: Any Impressions? Last post on 7/15/11 at 4:31am in Headphones (full-size)
- First Impressions of the new Beyerdynamic T70p Last post on 7/24/14 at 8:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- Any real alternative to D2000 (DT880 pro?) Last post on 7/12/12 at 2:57am in Headphones (full-size)
- Didn’t get on with ADH-2000 how about DT-880 or DT-990? Last post on 3/2/12 at 2:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Introduction – Read Heath Audio (or RHA for short) are soon to release their latest and greatest earphone, the T10i. Much like the rest of RHA’s products, the T10i’s were designed to offer premium...
I've owned an EarMax and Sennheiser HD 580's for 20 years, so I'm already familiar with tubed OTL headphone amps. The linestage of my old Quicksilver started developing some noise, and I didn't...
I bought these from Amazon about 2 weeks ago, and felt buyer's remorse when I wasn't blown away by the sound. They aren't bad, but they do lack bass and the feel is cheap. They were somewhat...
I would like to thank Brainwavz for the review sample of R3! Brainwavz R3 is a dual dynamic drivers IEM. It has 2 dynamic drivers in each housing, facing each other into a sound blending...
HIFIMAN HE-560 ON TAP: A FIRST DAY REVIEW SAGA (HIFIMAN HE-560 TOUR IMPRESSIONS) FIRST IMPRESSIONS Wow ... what a big box! I was expecting a more economically packaged box, but once I...
Beyerdynamic T90 :D - Page 163
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2432 of 243410/22/14 at 4:18amQuote:
I imagine the T90 to be technically better HD650 but probably not as full sounding given the HD650s midbass.post #2433 of 243410/22/14 at 7:07ampost #2434 of 243410/22/14 at 2:35pm
Hmmm...tough call. The T90 never sounds thin, because it has great bass, but you're right it's not as full-sounding.
Overall I'd say the T90 are a bit more detailed, and more tonally neutral. The HD650 has a deeper soundstage when well-amped, though, and while the T90 is a bit better defined in terms of instrument separation, HD650 puts more space between instruments and has a generally "bigger," more grandiose sound due to better depth and more midbass/lower mids. The T90 is definitely more aggressive, and while it can produce a very out-of-head sound with well-mastered recordings, its generally more condensed/compact sounding and a touch less dynamic than the HD650 in general; it lacks the extra midbass that gives the HD650 a bit more dynamism, and the more aggressive treble can make it sound less spaced out.
It does have much better defined bass, though, with much better depth and punch, and less distortion, even with less power. It never has the woolly sound that the HD650 falls prey to on really well-mastered material, where it can skimp on fine detail and sound just a little too smooth to be "real." It also blows the HD650's treble completely out of the water, in both definition and extension, and sounds more tonally realistic. I also like the T90 mids better: they are crisper with more detail, and are more tonally neutral without being sterile; they have a tiny bit of warmth, so as not to sound thin, and have an almost Grado-like aggressiveness with rock music.
- Beyerdynamic T90 :D
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 27 seconds ago
- › appropriate AC adapter for Stax SRM-001? 1 minute ago
- › Just got my M50x, thinking about getting something else 1 minute ago
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 3 minutes ago
- › The Xonar Essence STX Q/A, tweaking, impressions thread 3 minutes ago
- › AKG K280 Parabolic Headphones 3 minutes ago
- › For 6AS7G tube rollers here ..... 4 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 4 minutes ago
- › RHA T10i by Audiophile1811
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by earfonia
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Terja
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by xonarboy87
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by TheGame21x
- › Sony Walkman NWZ-A10 by castleofargh
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad900x by manbear
- › FitEar Private 333 by Kiats
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)