Still loving my T90s...it says a lot to me that they can sound awesome straight out of my microstreamer. I was convinced I'd never buy another Beyer product after I felt so scammed when the "new 32 ohm" halved the price I paid for the "Limited Edition," but for this...I forgive them
Recent Images In This Thread
- productbeyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productbeyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productBeyerdynamic T 70 Over Ear Headphone, Black/Greytagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productBeyerdynamic T70ptagged by System, 5/23/12
- productBeyerdynamic T90 Premium Stereo Headphonetagged by rasmushorn, 5/4/13
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 5/23/12
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 5/23/12
Related Forum Threads
- Please Help me choose a headphone from this website.... AH-D7000, HD650, DT880, DT990, T70 Last post on 10/20/11 at 8:18pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Beyerdynamic T70 & T70p: Any Impressions? Last post on 7/15/11 at 4:31am in Headphones (full-size)
- First Impressions of the new Beyerdynamic T70p Last post on 6/22/15 at 12:23am in Headphones (full-size)
- [GUIDE] Sonic Differences Between DT770-DT990 Models & More Last post on 7/27/15 at 12:39am in Headphones (full-size)
- Beyerdynamic Decisions..... Last post on 8/12/12 at 1:11pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
The Soundmagic E80 was purchased by me from Penon Audio. I’m not in any way affiliated with Penon Audio or Soundmagic. The price was $69 when I bought them and this is where I ordered them...
(note: pictures included are not mine, I grabbed them from the net to make the article easier to read) I've had these for well over a year and used them at least 5 days-a-week during that...
Many thanks to Brooko for arranging this tour unit Pros: External Playlists: Pretty much my number one priority after sound, this took some fiddling to get working from my Mac/iTunes but I...
At the time of the review, the Venture Electronics Zen was on sale on the company’s Aliexpress store. Here is a link to their listing of the...
Lumia 640 LTE I never owned a portable device (apart from a Sony Walkman in the 80's) because I never felt the use of it. Just out of curiosity, not expecting much, I plugged my Sony MDR-Z7 in my...
Beyerdynamic T90 :D - Page 157post #2341 of 31558/28/14 at 9:16pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2342 of 31558/29/14 at 1:46am
Just picked up a pair from the local retailer and am really enjoying them. Gotta say I'm enjoying my music much more than I ever did with my LCD2s and HD800s. Never expected to enjoy these nearly as much as I am, given my previous ownership of Beyers in the past but colour me impressed!post #2343 of 31558/29/14 at 1:52am
Yeah! They're so much more fun than the "true high end" stuff. I feel like the T90 really is the perfect mix of fun and technicality; it's like someone took an LCD-2 and GS-1000 and mashed them together with a dash of Beyer's house magic...can't complain.
Quote:Originally Posted by Steve_72
Just picked up a pair from the local retailer and am really enjoying them. Gotta say I'm enjoying my music much more than I ever did with my LCD2s and HD800s. Never expected to enjoy these nearly as much as I am, given my previous ownership of Beyers in the past but colour me impressed!post #2344 of 31558/29/14 at 3:25amQuote:
That description does not make them less interesting. But if they have so much more bass than T5p - as plakat mentioned - then they might be a headphone that makes a good first impressions. But will that last in the long run? Sometimes the fun-sounding headphones are great in the beginning and after a while I always tend to prefer the more neutral sounding headphones.post #2345 of 31558/29/14 at 3:38amI tried the T90 with both my Lehmann audio BCL USB and Audio Technica Ha20,the sound difference is only a little. The more expensive BCL have better soundstage, more details, better and tighter bass, a black and quiet background, better highs, better instrumental separation and more 3D like imaging. This is the difference between a $1400 amp and $100+ amp. So is it worth the price?post #2346 of 31558/29/14 at 5:42am
To me nope its not worth the price.
I would however buy a $100 or so O2 and at least know that my amp was totally transparent and I am hearing what the headphones really sound like rather than paying $1400 and having the amp "tune" my cans!
Alexpost #2347 of 31558/29/14 at 6:21ampost #2348 of 31558/29/14 at 10:40amQuote:For me, I bought a pair of T90s and had them as my primary for 10 months.Originally Posted by rasmushorn
That description does not make them less interesting. But if they have so much more bass than T5p - as plakat mentioned - then they might be a headphone that makes a good first impressions. But will that last in the long run? Sometimes the fun-sounding headphones are great in the beginning and after a while I always tend to prefer the more neutral sounding headphones.
Bought a set of T1s. After about a month owning both of them, I decided I could live with the T90s and sold off the T1s.
I ended up trading my T90s for a pair of HE-500s, mainly out of curiosity but figuring that if I didn't like them I could always sell the HE-500 (Better resale value) and rebuy the T90s easily without any additional cash on my part.
Ended up trading the HE-500s for the T1s instead but, if that trade didn't happen, 100% I was going to rebuy the T90s. They just hit all the right spots for me.
Actually... I've floated the idea in my head of selling the T1s, buy T90s again and pocket the difference.
Edited by MrEleventy - 8/29/14 at 10:42ampost #2349 of 31558/29/14 at 11:41amQuote:
I am using Fiio X3 and E12 DIY. After changing the E12 DIY to this combination OPA1611 and LME49600 it sound so much better,..previously using OPA604 and LMH6321post #2350 of 31558/29/14 at 2:10pmQuote:
So you are happy with T90 now , then it's a good thing
Edited by HaVoC-28 - 8/29/14 at 4:42pmpost #2351 of 31558/29/14 at 2:38pmQuote:
Indeed! Instrument separation is really impressive on these as is the controlled punchiness of the bass. Nice blend of the energy and dynamism of my HE400 and to a lesser degree, the separation and tonality of the HD800. Kind of hits all the right spots (for me at least) .post #2352 of 31558/31/14 at 5:02am
Heard the Alpha Dogs and LCD-X the other day with Oppo HA-1 amp. I'd choose T90 over LCD-X as to me the T90s sounds more fun. I'd definitely get the Alpha Dogs as they sound soooo smooth compared to the T90s.
Though the T90s definitely win when it comes to treble (which can be a turn on or off depending on the person).post #2353 of 31558/31/14 at 8:07pmpost #2354 of 31559/1/14 at 2:42amQuote:
Peraphs because of their chineses clones/(inspired disigns) ?
Like the "Lovely Cube" and Matrix M-stage .post #2355 of 31559/2/14 at 9:09am
Today i pair my Fiio X3 + Hippo Cricri+ and to my surprise this give me a very neutral sound and what is more surprising is i dont expect this small , cheap amp can power up the T90 so beautifully. I guess T90 is not power hungry.
- Beyerdynamic T90 :D
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Three Word Story 4 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 27 seconds ago
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...(previously 6SN7 + 6AS7G/6080 prototype) 1 minute ago
- › Fidue A73 - Hybrid (1DD + 1BA) IEM - Impressions and discussion thread 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO Releases EX1 Aerospace Nanotech Titanium Diaphragm IEMs 2 minutes ago
- › Astell & Kern Junior (AK Jr.) Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Is this a good soundcard? 2 minutes ago
- › Introducing Trinity Audio Engineering 4 minutes ago
- › Krell KSA 5 Clone (China) 4 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by Mediahound
- › Soundmagic E80 in-ear monitor headphone by peter123
- › Sennheiser HD8 DJ On Ear Headphones by LAmitchell
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by ade_hall
- › VE Zen by Hisoundfi
- › Lumia 640 LTE RM-1072 Black - Factory Unlocked - International... by Mink
- › MEElectronics M6 PRO Universal-Fit Noise-Isolating Musician’s... by whitemass
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by eke2k6
- › Beats Solo HD On-Ear Headphone by Skylarke
- › Heaven VII by peter123
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3