Still loving my T90s...it says a lot to me that they can sound awesome straight out of my microstreamer. I was convinced I'd never buy another Beyer product after I felt so scammed when the "new 32 ohm" halved the price I paid for the "Limited Edition," but for this...I forgive them
Recent Images In This Thread
- productbeyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productbeyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productBeyerdynamic T 70 Over Ear Headphone, Black/Greytagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productBeyerdynamic T70ptagged by System, 5/23/12
- productBeyerdynamic T90 Premium Stereo Headphonetagged by rasmushorn, 5/4/13
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 5/23/12
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 5/23/12
Related Forum Threads
- Please Help me choose a headphone from this website.... AH-D7000, HD650, DT880, DT990, T70 Last post on 10/20/11 at 8:18pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Beyerdynamic T70 & T70p: Any Impressions? Last post on 7/15/11 at 4:31am in Headphones (full-size)
- First Impressions of the new Beyerdynamic T70p Last post on 7/24/14 at 8:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- Any real alternative to D2000 (DT880 pro?) Last post on 7/12/12 at 2:57am in Headphones (full-size)
- Didn’t get on with ADH-2000 how about DT-880 or DT-990? Last post on 3/2/12 at 2:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I am penning down my opinion about the Hidizs AP100 Digital Audio Player. I will try to keep this review simple as possible and I hope it would be easy to read, and will help fellow enthusiasts to...
thanks to it's overall sound quality, details are not even a problem with kdx200. you'll get back every detail you lost on cheaper models like Xiaomi Piston, Brainwavz M4-M5. and there's also some...
after M4 & Xiaomi Piston 2, i finally got a M5 to audition. i listened it for 2 days and here's my thoughts: soundstage is the same again, small in every aspect. bass, treble, vocals, mids...
These are great headphones I was turned onto from the forum. On this forum you have to assess who is enthusiastic about what. Generally, there is a difference between enthusiasm from novices...
Beyerdynamic T90 :D - Page 157post #2341 of 25828/28/14 at 9:16pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2342 of 25828/29/14 at 1:46am
Just picked up a pair from the local retailer and am really enjoying them. Gotta say I'm enjoying my music much more than I ever did with my LCD2s and HD800s. Never expected to enjoy these nearly as much as I am, given my previous ownership of Beyers in the past but colour me impressed!post #2343 of 25828/29/14 at 1:52am
Yeah! They're so much more fun than the "true high end" stuff. I feel like the T90 really is the perfect mix of fun and technicality; it's like someone took an LCD-2 and GS-1000 and mashed them together with a dash of Beyer's house magic...can't complain.
Quote:Originally Posted by Steve_72
Just picked up a pair from the local retailer and am really enjoying them. Gotta say I'm enjoying my music much more than I ever did with my LCD2s and HD800s. Never expected to enjoy these nearly as much as I am, given my previous ownership of Beyers in the past but colour me impressed!post #2344 of 25828/29/14 at 3:25amQuote:
That description does not make them less interesting. But if they have so much more bass than T5p - as plakat mentioned - then they might be a headphone that makes a good first impressions. But will that last in the long run? Sometimes the fun-sounding headphones are great in the beginning and after a while I always tend to prefer the more neutral sounding headphones.post #2345 of 25828/29/14 at 3:38amI tried the T90 with both my Lehmann audio BCL USB and Audio Technica Ha20,the sound difference is only a little. The more expensive BCL have better soundstage, more details, better and tighter bass, a black and quiet background, better highs, better instrumental separation and more 3D like imaging. This is the difference between a $1400 amp and $100+ amp. So is it worth the price?post #2346 of 25828/29/14 at 5:42am
To me nope its not worth the price.
I would however buy a $100 or so O2 and at least know that my amp was totally transparent and I am hearing what the headphones really sound like rather than paying $1400 and having the amp "tune" my cans!
Alexpost #2347 of 25828/29/14 at 6:21ampost #2348 of 25828/29/14 at 10:40amQuote:For me, I bought a pair of T90s and had them as my primary for 10 months.Originally Posted by rasmushorn
That description does not make them less interesting. But if they have so much more bass than T5p - as plakat mentioned - then they might be a headphone that makes a good first impressions. But will that last in the long run? Sometimes the fun-sounding headphones are great in the beginning and after a while I always tend to prefer the more neutral sounding headphones.
Bought a set of T1s. After about a month owning both of them, I decided I could live with the T90s and sold off the T1s.
I ended up trading my T90s for a pair of HE-500s, mainly out of curiosity but figuring that if I didn't like them I could always sell the HE-500 (Better resale value) and rebuy the T90s easily without any additional cash on my part.
Ended up trading the HE-500s for the T1s instead but, if that trade didn't happen, 100% I was going to rebuy the T90s. They just hit all the right spots for me.
Actually... I've floated the idea in my head of selling the T1s, buy T90s again and pocket the difference.
Edited by MrEleventy - 8/29/14 at 10:42ampost #2349 of 25828/29/14 at 11:41amQuote:
I am using Fiio X3 and E12 DIY. After changing the E12 DIY to this combination OPA1611 and LME49600 it sound so much better,..previously using OPA604 and LMH6321post #2350 of 25828/29/14 at 2:10pmQuote:
So you are happy with T90 now , then it's a good thing
Edited by HaVoC-28 - 8/29/14 at 4:42pmpost #2351 of 25828/29/14 at 2:38pmQuote:
Indeed! Instrument separation is really impressive on these as is the controlled punchiness of the bass. Nice blend of the energy and dynamism of my HE400 and to a lesser degree, the separation and tonality of the HD800. Kind of hits all the right spots (for me at least) .post #2352 of 25828/31/14 at 5:02am
Heard the Alpha Dogs and LCD-X the other day with Oppo HA-1 amp. I'd choose T90 over LCD-X as to me the T90s sounds more fun. I'd definitely get the Alpha Dogs as they sound soooo smooth compared to the T90s.
Though the T90s definitely win when it comes to treble (which can be a turn on or off depending on the person).post #2353 of 25828/31/14 at 8:07pmpost #2354 of 25829/1/14 at 2:42amQuote:
Peraphs because of their chineses clones/(inspired disigns) ?
Like the "Lovely Cube" and Matrix M-stage .post #2355 of 25829/2/14 at 9:09am
Today i pair my Fiio X3 + Hippo Cricri+ and to my surprise this give me a very neutral sound and what is more surprising is i dont expect this small , cheap amp can power up the T90 so beautifully. I guess T90 is not power hungry.
- Beyerdynamic T90 :D
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Havi B6 ! 27 seconds ago
- › earbuds under $150 1 minute ago
- › Evshrug's "If I knew then what I know now" discussion journal. 2 minutes ago
- › Matrix X-Sabre DAC review and impression thread 2 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-1A - Sony's latest update on the 1R 3 minutes ago
- › Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition 4 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions,... 4 minutes ago
- › The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 4 minutes ago
- › Meridian Prime Headphone Amplifier Review 5 minutes ago
- › BTG-Audio 6 minutes ago
- › Hidizs AP100 Portable HiFi Audio Player in Black / Silver White by YoYo JoKeR
- › EarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEM by heovuitinh
- › Koss KDX200 by vaziyetu
- › Brainwavz M5 by vaziyetu
- › beyerynamic DT 150 Compact Closed Headphone (250 Ohms) by jdpark
- › Sony MDR-1R by gerelmx1986
- › Panasonic RP-HJE120-K In-Ear Earbud Ergo-Fit Headphone (Black) by JAMEZTHEBOI
- › thinksound on1 Supra-Aural On-Ear Monitor Wooden Headphone by Pacal
- › Astell&Kern AK100II High Resolution Single DAC Audio Player... by musikaladin
- › Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones by Galvatron
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)