Still loving my T90s...it says a lot to me that they can sound awesome straight out of my microstreamer. I was convinced I'd never buy another Beyer product after I felt so scammed when the "new 32 ohm" halved the price I paid for the "Limited Edition," but for this...I forgive them
Recent Images In This Thread
- productbeyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productbeyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productBeyerdynamic T 70 Over Ear Headphone, Black/Greytagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productBeyerdynamic T70ptagged by System, 5/23/12
- productBeyerdynamic T90 Premium Stereo Headphonetagged by rasmushorn, 5/4/13
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 5/23/12
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 5/23/12
Related Forum Threads
- Please Help me choose a headphone from this website.... AH-D7000, HD650, DT880, DT990, T70 Last post on 5/22/16 at 6:38am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Beyerdynamic T70 & T70p: Any Impressions? Last post on 7/15/11 at 4:31am in Headphones (full-size)
- First Impressions of the new Beyerdynamic T70p Last post on 2/25/16 at 2:56pm in Headphones (full-size)
- [GUIDE] Sonic Differences Between DT770-DT990 Models & More Last post on 6/3/16 at 9:12pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Beyerdynamic Decisions..... Last post on 8/12/12 at 1:11pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Beyerdynamic T90 :D - Page 157post #2341 of 37308/28/14 at 9:16pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2342 of 37308/29/14 at 1:46am
Just picked up a pair from the local retailer and am really enjoying them. Gotta say I'm enjoying my music much more than I ever did with my LCD2s and HD800s. Never expected to enjoy these nearly as much as I am, given my previous ownership of Beyers in the past but colour me impressed!post #2343 of 37308/29/14 at 1:52am
Yeah! They're so much more fun than the "true high end" stuff. I feel like the T90 really is the perfect mix of fun and technicality; it's like someone took an LCD-2 and GS-1000 and mashed them together with a dash of Beyer's house magic...can't complain.
Quote:Originally Posted by Steve_72
Just picked up a pair from the local retailer and am really enjoying them. Gotta say I'm enjoying my music much more than I ever did with my LCD2s and HD800s. Never expected to enjoy these nearly as much as I am, given my previous ownership of Beyers in the past but colour me impressed!post #2344 of 37308/29/14 at 3:25amQuote:
That description does not make them less interesting. But if they have so much more bass than T5p - as plakat mentioned - then they might be a headphone that makes a good first impressions. But will that last in the long run? Sometimes the fun-sounding headphones are great in the beginning and after a while I always tend to prefer the more neutral sounding headphones.post #2345 of 37308/29/14 at 3:38amI tried the T90 with both my Lehmann audio BCL USB and Audio Technica Ha20,the sound difference is only a little. The more expensive BCL have better soundstage, more details, better and tighter bass, a black and quiet background, better highs, better instrumental separation and more 3D like imaging. This is the difference between a $1400 amp and $100+ amp. So is it worth the price?post #2346 of 37308/29/14 at 5:42am
To me nope its not worth the price.
I would however buy a $100 or so O2 and at least know that my amp was totally transparent and I am hearing what the headphones really sound like rather than paying $1400 and having the amp "tune" my cans!
Alexpost #2347 of 37308/29/14 at 6:21ampost #2348 of 37308/29/14 at 10:40amQuote:For me, I bought a pair of T90s and had them as my primary for 10 months.Originally Posted by rasmushorn
That description does not make them less interesting. But if they have so much more bass than T5p - as plakat mentioned - then they might be a headphone that makes a good first impressions. But will that last in the long run? Sometimes the fun-sounding headphones are great in the beginning and after a while I always tend to prefer the more neutral sounding headphones.
Bought a set of T1s. After about a month owning both of them, I decided I could live with the T90s and sold off the T1s.
I ended up trading my T90s for a pair of HE-500s, mainly out of curiosity but figuring that if I didn't like them I could always sell the HE-500 (Better resale value) and rebuy the T90s easily without any additional cash on my part.
Ended up trading the HE-500s for the T1s instead but, if that trade didn't happen, 100% I was going to rebuy the T90s. They just hit all the right spots for me.
Actually... I've floated the idea in my head of selling the T1s, buy T90s again and pocket the difference.
Edited by MrEleventy - 8/29/14 at 10:42ampost #2349 of 37308/29/14 at 11:41amQuote:
I am using Fiio X3 and E12 DIY. After changing the E12 DIY to this combination OPA1611 and LME49600 it sound so much better,..previously using OPA604 and LMH6321post #2350 of 37308/29/14 at 2:10pmQuote:
So you are happy with T90 now , then it's a good thing
Edited by HaVoC-28 - 8/29/14 at 4:42pmpost #2351 of 37308/29/14 at 2:38pmQuote:
Indeed! Instrument separation is really impressive on these as is the controlled punchiness of the bass. Nice blend of the energy and dynamism of my HE400 and to a lesser degree, the separation and tonality of the HD800. Kind of hits all the right spots (for me at least) .post #2352 of 37308/31/14 at 5:02am
Heard the Alpha Dogs and LCD-X the other day with Oppo HA-1 amp. I'd choose T90 over LCD-X as to me the T90s sounds more fun. I'd definitely get the Alpha Dogs as they sound soooo smooth compared to the T90s.
Though the T90s definitely win when it comes to treble (which can be a turn on or off depending on the person).post #2353 of 37308/31/14 at 8:07pmpost #2354 of 37309/1/14 at 2:42amQuote:
Peraphs because of their chineses clones/(inspired disigns) ?
Like the "Lovely Cube" and Matrix M-stage .post #2355 of 37309/2/14 at 9:09am
Today i pair my Fiio X3 + Hippo Cricri+ and to my surprise this give me a very neutral sound and what is more surprising is i dont expect this small , cheap amp can power up the T90 so beautifully. I guess T90 is not power hungry.
- Beyerdynamic T90 :D
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Astell&Kern beyerdynamic AK T8iE Review (First Impressions from IFA... 1 minute ago
- › The AK320 thread 1 minute ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › IEMs/Headphones for guitar amp 4 minutes ago
- › Converting my sacd iso to flac 6 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 6 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 8 minutes ago
- › Help Required with my MUSIC SETUP MESS!! 8 minutes ago
- › InEar StageDiver SD-4 (Small) by twister6
- › Stax SR-202 by snapacap
- › Fidue A65 - Titanium micro dynamic driver IEM by Deftone
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Zen V2 by Aornic
- › Sennheiser HD 558 by Midgetguy
- › Pai Audio MR4 by HiFiChris
- › Echobox Audio Finder X1 by Hisoundfi
- › Alpha & Delta D2 by Hisoundfi
- › RHA MA750i by Cinder
- › RM-S1 Wired Sport Headset Stereo Headphone Earphone For iPhone 6... by Redcarmoose
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...