Still loving my T90s...it says a lot to me that they can sound awesome straight out of my microstreamer. I was convinced I'd never buy another Beyer product after I felt so scammed when the "new 32 ohm" halved the price I paid for the "Limited Edition," but for this...I forgive them
Recent Images In This Thread
- productbeyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productbeyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productBeyerdynamic T 70 Over Ear Headphone, Black/Greytagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productBeyerdynamic T70ptagged by System, 5/23/12
- productBeyerdynamic T90 Premium Stereo Headphonetagged by rasmushorn, 5/4/13
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 5/23/12
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 5/23/12
Related Forum Threads
- Please Help me choose a headphone from this website.... AH-D7000, HD650, DT880, DT990, T70 Last post on 10/20/11 at 8:18pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Beyerdynamic T70 & T70p: Any Impressions? Last post on 7/15/11 at 4:31am in Headphones (full-size)
- First Impressions of the new Beyerdynamic T70p Last post on 7/24/14 at 8:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- Any real alternative to D2000 (DT880 pro?) Last post on 7/12/12 at 2:57am in Headphones (full-size)
- Didn’t get on with ADH-2000 how about DT-880 or DT-990? Last post on 3/2/12 at 2:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
REVIEW: Brainwavz S5 Specifications: (from Brainwavz site) Driver: 10mm Dynamic Rated Impedance: 16 Ω Frequency Range: 18Hz - 24kHz Sensitivity: 110 dB @ 1 mW Cable: 1.3m,...
Thanks to Greed for a 10-day loan of his Ref 1 set, which I fully burnt-in and auditioned. This set had the uber cable. Super Brief Review (it's all just what my ears heard, if you love your Ref 1...
This review is going to be updated once I receive a balanced cable and use this amp in balanced operation. I figured this amp needed a proper review on here, and there is a lot of good stuff to say...
Read a ton of reviews before purchasing. However, I will be honest and say that I was a bit let down by the bass. Don't get me wrong, its very detailed and balanced and perhaps there lies my issue,...
Schiit Ragnarok: Is It Love, or Is It Just Schiit? Introduction: This part is just to give you some background on my experience and how I’ve arrived at the Schiit Ragnarok...
Beyerdynamic T90 :D - Page 157post #2341 of 23698/28/14 at 9:16pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2342 of 23698/29/14 at 1:46am
Just picked up a pair from the local retailer and am really enjoying them. Gotta say I'm enjoying my music much more than I ever did with my LCD2s and HD800s. Never expected to enjoy these nearly as much as I am, given my previous ownership of Beyers in the past but colour me impressed!post #2343 of 23698/29/14 at 1:52am
Yeah! They're so much more fun than the "true high end" stuff. I feel like the T90 really is the perfect mix of fun and technicality; it's like someone took an LCD-2 and GS-1000 and mashed them together with a dash of Beyer's house magic...can't complain.
Quote:Originally Posted by Steve_72
Just picked up a pair from the local retailer and am really enjoying them. Gotta say I'm enjoying my music much more than I ever did with my LCD2s and HD800s. Never expected to enjoy these nearly as much as I am, given my previous ownership of Beyers in the past but colour me impressed!post #2344 of 23698/29/14 at 3:25amQuote:
That description does not make them less interesting. But if they have so much more bass than T5p - as plakat mentioned - then they might be a headphone that makes a good first impressions. But will that last in the long run? Sometimes the fun-sounding headphones are great in the beginning and after a while I always tend to prefer the more neutral sounding headphones.post #2345 of 23698/29/14 at 3:38amI tried the T90 with both my Lehmann audio BCL USB and Audio Technica Ha20,the sound difference is only a little. The more expensive BCL have better soundstage, more details, better and tighter bass, a black and quiet background, better highs, better instrumental separation and more 3D like imaging. This is the difference between a $1400 amp and $100+ amp. So is it worth the price?post #2346 of 23698/29/14 at 5:42am
To me nope its not worth the price.
I would however buy a $100 or so O2 and at least know that my amp was totally transparent and I am hearing what the headphones really sound like rather than paying $1400 and having the amp "tune" my cans!
Alexpost #2347 of 23698/29/14 at 6:21ampost #2348 of 23698/29/14 at 10:40amQuote:For me, I bought a pair of T90s and had them as my primary for 10 months.Originally Posted by rasmushorn
That description does not make them less interesting. But if they have so much more bass than T5p - as plakat mentioned - then they might be a headphone that makes a good first impressions. But will that last in the long run? Sometimes the fun-sounding headphones are great in the beginning and after a while I always tend to prefer the more neutral sounding headphones.
Bought a set of T1s. After about a month owning both of them, I decided I could live with the T90s and sold off the T1s.
I ended up trading my T90s for a pair of HE-500s, mainly out of curiosity but figuring that if I didn't like them I could always sell the HE-500 (Better resale value) and rebuy the T90s easily without any additional cash on my part.
Ended up trading the HE-500s for the T1s instead but, if that trade didn't happen, 100% I was going to rebuy the T90s. They just hit all the right spots for me.
Actually... I've floated the idea in my head of selling the T1s, buy T90s again and pocket the difference.
Edited by MrEleventy - 8/29/14 at 10:42ampost #2349 of 23698/29/14 at 11:41amQuote:
I am using Fiio X3 and E12 DIY. After changing the E12 DIY to this combination OPA1611 and LME49600 it sound so much better,..previously using OPA604 and LMH6321post #2350 of 23698/29/14 at 2:10pmQuote:
So you are happy with T90 now , then it's a good thing
Edited by HaVoC-28 - 8/29/14 at 4:42pmpost #2351 of 23698/29/14 at 2:38pmQuote:
Indeed! Instrument separation is really impressive on these as is the controlled punchiness of the bass. Nice blend of the energy and dynamism of my HE400 and to a lesser degree, the separation and tonality of the HD800. Kind of hits all the right spots (for me at least) .post #2352 of 23698/31/14 at 5:02am
Heard the Alpha Dogs and LCD-X the other day with Oppo HA-1 amp. I'd choose T90 over LCD-X as to me the T90s sounds more fun. I'd definitely get the Alpha Dogs as they sound soooo smooth compared to the T90s.
Though the T90s definitely win when it comes to treble (which can be a turn on or off depending on the person).post #2353 of 23698/31/14 at 8:07pmpost #2354 of 23699/1/14 at 2:42amQuote:
Peraphs because of their chineses clones/(inspired disigns) ?
Like the "Lovely Cube" and Matrix M-stage .post #2355 of 23699/2/14 at 9:09am
Today i pair my Fiio X3 + Hippo Cricri+ and to my surprise this give me a very neutral sound and what is more surprising is i dont expect this small , cheap amp can power up the T90 so beautifully. I guess T90 is not power hungry.
- Beyerdynamic T90 :D
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 14 seconds ago
- › Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread 30 seconds ago
- › Review of Audio Technica ATH-IM01, ATH-IM02, ATH-IM03, ATH-IM04,... 1 minute ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 1 minute ago
- › SoundMAGIC HP100 (excellent condition, includes Beyer Custom One... 1 minute ago
- › TTPOD T1-E Impressions thread 2 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 3 minutes ago
- › THE ACOUSTIC MUSIC THREAD 3 minutes ago
- › Moving away from DT-990(250Ohms) 5 minutes ago
- › Best recording of .."The Planets".? 6 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by lumberjake
- › Schiit Audio Ragnarok by goldendarko
- › Ultimate Ears UE9000 Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphones by SennsAsian
- › Crystal by MEElectronics In-Ear Headphones with Microphone Made... by indieman
- › Fidue A31s by djvkool
- › Blox BE3 by subwoof3r
- › Apple EarPods with Remote and Mic by donniefalcone
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)