Still loving my T90s...it says a lot to me that they can sound awesome straight out of my microstreamer. I was convinced I'd never buy another Beyer product after I felt so scammed when the "new 32 ohm" halved the price I paid for the "Limited Edition," but for this...I forgive them
Recent Images In This Thread
- productbeyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productbeyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productBeyerdynamic T 70 Over Ear Headphone, Black/Greytagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productBeyerdynamic T70ptagged by System, 5/23/12
- productBeyerdynamic T90 Premium Stereo Headphonetagged by rasmushorn, 5/4/13
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 5/23/12
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 5/23/12
Related Forum Threads
- Please Help me choose a headphone from this website.... AH-D7000, HD650, DT880, DT990, T70 Last post on 5/22/16 at 6:38am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Beyerdynamic T70 & T70p: Any Impressions? Last post on 7/15/11 at 4:31am in Headphones (full-size)
- First Impressions of the new Beyerdynamic T70p Last post on 8/11/16 at 3:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- [GUIDE] Sonic Differences Between DT770-DT990 Models & More Last post on 7/26/16 at 12:45am in Headphones (full-size)
- Beyerdynamic Decisions..... Last post on 8/12/12 at 1:11pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Introduction Oriveti seems to be a rather obscure company, without any big breaks or long-running hype trains. They offer a single model that seems to be highly regarded, but hasn't really...
Background: The Audio-Technica CK10 is a dual BA IEM that was released in 2008, back then in those simpler times, CIEMs were a highly niche market, three BA drivers per ear was considered a lot,...
Focal Utopia Review Utopia - definition: An imagined state of things in which everything is perfect. My initial intention was just to write some detailed impressions, but throughout that...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTIONFirstly I'd like to acknowledge Head-fier Ajaxander (Andy) and also Ken Ball from ALO/Campfire...
Beyerdynamic T90 :D - Page 157post #2341 of 37718/28/14 at 9:16pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2342 of 37718/29/14 at 1:46am
Just picked up a pair from the local retailer and am really enjoying them. Gotta say I'm enjoying my music much more than I ever did with my LCD2s and HD800s. Never expected to enjoy these nearly as much as I am, given my previous ownership of Beyers in the past but colour me impressed!post #2343 of 37718/29/14 at 1:52am
Yeah! They're so much more fun than the "true high end" stuff. I feel like the T90 really is the perfect mix of fun and technicality; it's like someone took an LCD-2 and GS-1000 and mashed them together with a dash of Beyer's house magic...can't complain.
Quote:Originally Posted by Steve_72
Just picked up a pair from the local retailer and am really enjoying them. Gotta say I'm enjoying my music much more than I ever did with my LCD2s and HD800s. Never expected to enjoy these nearly as much as I am, given my previous ownership of Beyers in the past but colour me impressed!post #2344 of 37718/29/14 at 3:25amQuote:
That description does not make them less interesting. But if they have so much more bass than T5p - as plakat mentioned - then they might be a headphone that makes a good first impressions. But will that last in the long run? Sometimes the fun-sounding headphones are great in the beginning and after a while I always tend to prefer the more neutral sounding headphones.post #2345 of 37718/29/14 at 3:38amI tried the T90 with both my Lehmann audio BCL USB and Audio Technica Ha20,the sound difference is only a little. The more expensive BCL have better soundstage, more details, better and tighter bass, a black and quiet background, better highs, better instrumental separation and more 3D like imaging. This is the difference between a $1400 amp and $100+ amp. So is it worth the price?post #2346 of 37718/29/14 at 5:42am
To me nope its not worth the price.
I would however buy a $100 or so O2 and at least know that my amp was totally transparent and I am hearing what the headphones really sound like rather than paying $1400 and having the amp "tune" my cans!
Alexpost #2347 of 37718/29/14 at 6:21ampost #2348 of 37718/29/14 at 10:40amQuote:For me, I bought a pair of T90s and had them as my primary for 10 months.Originally Posted by rasmushorn
That description does not make them less interesting. But if they have so much more bass than T5p - as plakat mentioned - then they might be a headphone that makes a good first impressions. But will that last in the long run? Sometimes the fun-sounding headphones are great in the beginning and after a while I always tend to prefer the more neutral sounding headphones.
Bought a set of T1s. After about a month owning both of them, I decided I could live with the T90s and sold off the T1s.
I ended up trading my T90s for a pair of HE-500s, mainly out of curiosity but figuring that if I didn't like them I could always sell the HE-500 (Better resale value) and rebuy the T90s easily without any additional cash on my part.
Ended up trading the HE-500s for the T1s instead but, if that trade didn't happen, 100% I was going to rebuy the T90s. They just hit all the right spots for me.
Actually... I've floated the idea in my head of selling the T1s, buy T90s again and pocket the difference.
Edited by MrEleventy - 8/29/14 at 10:42ampost #2349 of 37718/29/14 at 11:41amQuote:
I am using Fiio X3 and E12 DIY. After changing the E12 DIY to this combination OPA1611 and LME49600 it sound so much better,..previously using OPA604 and LMH6321post #2350 of 37718/29/14 at 2:10pmQuote:
So you are happy with T90 now , then it's a good thing
Edited by HaVoC-28 - 8/29/14 at 4:42pmpost #2351 of 37718/29/14 at 2:38pmQuote:
Indeed! Instrument separation is really impressive on these as is the controlled punchiness of the bass. Nice blend of the energy and dynamism of my HE400 and to a lesser degree, the separation and tonality of the HD800. Kind of hits all the right spots (for me at least) .post #2352 of 37718/31/14 at 5:02am
Heard the Alpha Dogs and LCD-X the other day with Oppo HA-1 amp. I'd choose T90 over LCD-X as to me the T90s sounds more fun. I'd definitely get the Alpha Dogs as they sound soooo smooth compared to the T90s.
Though the T90s definitely win when it comes to treble (which can be a turn on or off depending on the person).post #2353 of 37718/31/14 at 8:07pmpost #2354 of 37719/1/14 at 2:42amQuote:
Peraphs because of their chineses clones/(inspired disigns) ?
Like the "Lovely Cube" and Matrix M-stage .post #2355 of 37719/2/14 at 9:09am
Today i pair my Fiio X3 + Hippo Cricri+ and to my surprise this give me a very neutral sound and what is more surprising is i dont expect this small , cheap amp can power up the T90 so beautifully. I guess T90 is not power hungry.
- Beyerdynamic T90 :D
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Lets Talk Metal 36 seconds ago
- › Cowon Plenue D problems 2 minutes ago
- › Don't like ATH-M50x... how to change them? 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Jotunheim Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV 3 minutes ago
- › Liquid Gold - 2014 3 minutes ago
- › Focal Elear and Utopia Review / Preview With Measurements - Head-Fi TV 3 minutes ago
- › Oppo PM-3 : The Portable Planar - Impressions 4 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 6 minutes ago
- › need opinions on home setup with small footprint 7 minutes ago
- › RHA MA750i by meetpatel3686
- › ORIVETI PRIMACY - Whole Aluminium Body, Triple Drivers Hybrid 2... by ustinj
- › Audio-Technica ATH-CK10 Portable In-Ear Headphones by mrstrangeguy
- › Focal Utopia by x RELIC x
- › Campfire Audio Nova by Brooko
- › Flare Audio R1 Headphones by Mr Vicarious
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by greencalx
- › Advanced AcousticWerkes Q by ustinj
- › Asius Technologies ADEL™ G1 Auto Modules by Ike1985
- › AAW Nebula Two Hybrid In-Ear Monitor by tz0531
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...