Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Beyerdynamic T90 :D
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Beyerdynamic T90 :D - Page 153

post #2281 of 2369

This is how it looks now. Bought omega stand for it. 

post #2282 of 2369

Very nice. Still like their looks...

post #2283 of 2369

How does the soundstage of the T90 compare to the DT990?

post #2284 of 2369
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velorium View Post

How does the soundstage of the T90 compare to the DT990?

I'd say they are similar in size, but the T 90 excels in instrument placement and imaging.
post #2285 of 2369

Only Headphone I sold and Repurchased. 

 

They sound so good straight out of a good source like an Mdac with no need for another amp. 

post #2286 of 2369

This will be my next headphone (preferably the Jubilee), as soon as I find the source I want (probably the GO 1000 once they've fixed the volume issue; a shame, too, I'm ready to buy). It was between this and the HD700, and what I heard from the Senns at the recent LA meet left me wanting more bass, so T90s it is! I love the way the 700s look, but I know I like the Beyer sound, and Senns have always left me wanting something else.

 

Coming from the DT770 32 LE, I'm hoping for bigger soundstage, more linear bass, and overall more detail and realism.

 

Can't wait!


Edited by Gilly87 - 8/12/14 at 2:48pm
post #2287 of 2369
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeDoe View Post


I'd say they are similar in size, but the T 90 excels in instrument placement and imaging.

I just got my T90s and my friend who uses DT990s came over to compare. I'd agree that the primary difference is that instruments just feel more defined, like you can pick them apart better. Better placement, definition, and imaging.

post #2288 of 2369
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFiGuy528 View Post
 

 

I'm getting my T90 Jubilee in two days.  UPS is so slow...  Will let you know which of the Woo Audio amps sounds best with it.

 

That is very interesting.  I love the Lehmann Linear so much I have two here.

Mike, Saw the unboxing and it was choice! I got mine a few days ago and have been running them out of the PanAm with the Voshkods (and RTCs). The sound is excellent when measured against other headphones on the PanAm, but I don't have another amp currently to get an idea of the T90 Jubilee's range. I'm wondering if you've anything to report on Woo pairings? (Of course, this question might be premature--even for first impressions--since you just posted the unboxing today.) Best, S


Edited by Schopenhauer - 8/12/14 at 8:49pm
post #2289 of 2369
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilly87 View Post
 

Coming from the DT770 32 LE, I'm hoping for bigger soundstage, more linear bass, and overall more detail and realism.

 

Its a while back I owned the DT770 LE (thinking about it its almost 2 years now... 88 years vs. 90 years ;-), but as I remember it the T90 should offer exactly that in comparison.

 

Edit:

As my T1 is already on holiday (i.e. rest of my family took it with them last friday, I'll join them tomorrow) I listened to my T90 yesterday evening, both with my A2 and a new CEntrance Hifi-M8. The latter also worked fine, even on low gain (turning volume up to 2-3 o'clock). Compared to my current favorite fun headphone (Signature DJ) the T90 offers such a nice and still not aggressive treble, giving it an airy, spacious sound that is simply a joy to listen to.

 

To those owning a Jubilee: care to post your serial number? Wondering how many of the 1000 are left...


Edited by plakat - 8/13/14 at 1:09am
post #2290 of 2369
Quote:
Originally Posted by plakat View Post
 

 

Its a while back I owned the DT770 LE (thinking about it its almost 2 years now... 88 years vs. 90 years ;-), but as I remember it the T90 should offer exactly that in comparison.

 

Edit:

As my T1 is already on holiday (i.e. rest of my family took it with them last friday, I'll join them tomorrow) I listened to my T90 yesterday evening, both with my A2 and a new CEntrance Hifi-M8. The latter also worked fine, even on low gain (turning volume up to 2-3 o'clock). Compared to my current favorite fun headphone (Signature DJ) the T90 offers such a nice and still not aggressive treble, giving it an airy, spacious sound that is simply a joy to listen to.

 

To those owning a Jubilee: care to post your serial number? Wondering how many of the 1000 are left...

0217.

post #2291 of 2369

Mine is 0489 -- you're way ahead ;-)

post #2292 of 2369
Quote:
Originally Posted by plakat View Post
 

 

I hope you'll post impressions on the Lehmann + T90... started looking into Lehmann amps and would use them with either T90 or T1. Do you have the Linear or the Linear SE? The Linear USB got a very positive review on audio360, which sparked my interest.

 

I have the Linear and Linear USB.  Impressive amps for sure.

Reply
post #2293 of 2369
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schopenhauer View Post
 

Mike, Saw the unboxing and it was choice! I got mine a few days ago and have been running them out of the PanAm with the Voshkods (and RTCs). The sound is excellent when measured against other headphones on the PanAm, but I don't have another amp currently to get an idea of the T90 Jubilee's range. I'm wondering if you've anything to report on Woo pairings? (Of course, this question might be premature--even for first impressions--since you just posted the unboxing today.) Best, S

 

Thank you for watching my videos.  :)

 

Serial # 0222

Reply
post #2294 of 2369
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFiGuy528 View Post
 

Serial # 0222

 

Thats a nice one :-)

 

My purchase of a Lehmann Linear just moved a bit more into autumn as I'll first get another DAC: Either Benchmark DAC2 of Mytek Stereo192 as a Beyerdynamic DAC, if they are considering to build one at all, may still take a while and won't have XLR out I guess.

post #2295 of 2369

How does the HE-500 fair against the T90?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Beyerdynamic T90 :D