Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Beyerdynamic T90 :D
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Beyerdynamic T90 :D - Page 150

post #2236 of 2249
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbarrentine View Post
 

 

really hope you aren't saying that 598 are more clear than T90s.

Maybe that isn't the right word since I am still new to the head-fi scene but the HD598s are just much easier to listen to because of the harshness in the T90s. 

post #2237 of 2249
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paspasero View Post

Maybe that isn't the right word since I am still new to the head-fi scene but the HD598s are just much easier to listen to because of the harshness in the T90s. 

What one man calls harshness, another calls detail retrieval.
post #2238 of 2249
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paspasero View Post
 

Maybe that isn't the right word since I am still new to the head-fi scene but the HD598s are just much easier to listen to because of the harshness in the T90s. 

I can see this in 2 situations for some people.

 

Either they are young, and can better than I can, which is more than quite possible.

 

They are using a solid state amp, which isn't helping to 'knock the edge off' like a tube/hybrid will for the T90.

 

They aren't used to the sound yet. With the T90 you're getting a LOT of clarity and detail retrieval which might seem harsh if you're uninitiated. 

 

The T90 for example, is the first headphone I've been able to tell which singers are absolutely auto-tuned on. There's a hard/metallic leading edge to their voice which is very clear. 

post #2239 of 2249

I've heard a lot good things about these cans, especially for the types of music I listen to (a wide range, but a lot of Avett Brothers, jam bands, and folk music). Really thinking of giving them a go, but I worry about how people consider them fatiguing. Comfort of headphones is one of my primary concerns. If I like the sound of other Beyers I've used in the past (DT 990 mainly), would this be much of an issue for me? Thanks :)

post #2240 of 2249
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaperMacWriter View Post
 

I've heard a lot good things about these cans, especially for the types of music I listen to (a wide range, but a lot of Avett Brothers, jam bands, and folk music). Really thinking of giving them a go, but I worry about how people consider them fatiguing. Comfort of headphones is one of my primary concerns. If I like the sound of other Beyers I've used in the past (DT 990 mainly), would this be much of an issue for me? Thanks :)

 

The T90s are very comfortable. My main concern going into these was also comfort. As someone with glasses, over the ear headphones always tend to cause some discomfort as they make your glasses push into your head. These gave me no issues at all with that.

 

If you enjoyed the sound of the DT990 without finding them too harsh or fatiguing, you'll have no problem transitioning to the T90s!

post #2241 of 2249
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paspasero View Post
 

Can someone help me with some EQ? I am starting to feel like I am really treble sensitive and the T90s are getting to be quite fatiguing... They might not be my cup of tea... I have been doing comparisons with my HD598s and they just seem to sound much clearer. Any help in trying to control these cans?

 

For reference I am using Spotify Premium/Foobar2000 FLAC ->JDSlabs ODAC -> Schitt SYS -> Schiit Vali/Schiit Asgard 2 -> HD598/T90.

 

In general I don't think EQing is the way to go... there might be headphones that better fit your preferences, maybe you're in need of something more laid back... di you check out the Sennheiser HD600/650? If you're looking for an open can for home use they might be an interesting option.

 

Another option might be an Beyerdynamic A20 amp, I like the combination with the T90... but it won't change the T90 overall character.

post #2242 of 2249

Thanks so much, Cotnijoe! Cant wait to get mine :)

post #2243 of 2249
Quote:
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paspasero View Post
 

Can someone help me with some EQ? I am starting to feel like I am really treble sensitive and the T90s are getting to be quite fatiguing... They might not be my cup of tea... I have been doing comparisons with my HD598s and they just seem to sound much clearer. Any help in trying to control these cans?

 

For reference I am using Spotify Premium/Foobar2000 FLAC ->JDSlabs ODAC -> Schitt SYS -> Schiit Vali/Schiit Asgard 2 -> HD598/T90.

 

In general I don't think EQing is the way to go... there might be headphones that better fit your preferences, maybe you're in need of something more laid back... di you check out the Sennheiser HD600/650? If you're looking for an open can for home use they might be an interesting option.

 

Another option might be an Beyerdynamic A20 amp, I like the combination with the T90... but it won't change the T90 overall character.

Try the Lehmann audio BCL USB with the T90 headphones. I loved this setup as it give the T90 much more bass than usual. For classical or jazz, it is creamy smooth with wonderful details. The T90 would have a more 3D like imaging as compared to before, do not be surprised if it perform like a T1 headphone.


Edited by jamesng45678 - Today at 7:39 am
post #2244 of 2249

That is quite the amp to get that sound. Any other recommended tube amps for these? I am currently looking at getting the jubilee edition.

post #2245 of 2249

I have only tried it with the Woo audio WA6, it has a warmer sound however, the details is not as detail as compared to the Lehmann audio BCL and it does not have the 3D effect of the Lehmann audio. What is your budget?

post #2246 of 2249

I currently have a schiit stack (Magni+Modi). My budget would be 200-300 for the amp. 

post #2247 of 2249

I have tried the Centrance Dacport with the T90 and it is a wonderful dac/amp combination, it has sufficient to power your T90s and as an ametuer of being an audiophile, that is the most detail sound i have heard from this price bracket. :basshead:  

Try the bottlehead crack amplifier.


Edited by jamesng45678 - Today at 9:01 am
post #2248 of 2249

O2 amp from jdslabs?

 

A.

post #2249 of 2249
Quote:
Originally Posted by utee05 View Post
 

I currently have a schiit stack (Magni+Modi). My budget would be 200-300 for the amp. 


I use a little dot MK 2 2.0 with my T90 and I enjoy it but I enjoy it even more after I change from the stock tube's to better ones, At first I changed the stock driver tube's to the 5654 from sylvania which worked wonder's then I went to 6H30PI for power and 6J1P-EB For my Driver tube's Which I still enjoying. I don't regret any of it.btw the 2.0 version has the 6H30PI support built in from the factory so one don't have to manually mod it your self.  You may be able to find it in the sell section or ebay cheap like I did and it very well with the T90's better then what I thought.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Beyerdynamic T90 :D