- 2,336 Posts. Joined 10/2012
- Location: South CONUS
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productbeyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productbeyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productBeyerdynamic T 70 Over Ear Headphone, Black/Greytagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productBeyerdynamic T70ptagged by System, 5/23/12
- productBeyerdynamic T90 Premium Stereo Headphonetagged by rasmushorn, 5/4/13
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 5/23/12
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 5/23/12
Related Forum Threads
- Please Help me choose a headphone from this website.... AH-D7000, HD650, DT880, DT990, T70 Last post on 10/20/11 at 8:18pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Beyerdynamic T70 & T70p: Any Impressions? Last post on 7/15/11 at 4:31am in Headphones (full-size)
- First Impressions of the new Beyerdynamic T70p Last post on 7/24/14 at 8:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- [GUIDE] Sonic Differences Between DT770-DT990 Models & More Last post on 4/3/15 at 11:40pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Beyerdynamic Decisions..... Last post on 8/12/12 at 1:11pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Beyerdynamic T90 :D - Page 146post #2176 of 29897/11/14 at 1:57pmDarkvoice 336, Crack or one of the Little Dots are your best bets for something around 300.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2177 of 29897/11/14 at 2:01pmQuote:
I don't really know, I never dropped them for sure.
My suspect goes to the Omega stand, it seems to exert pressure to the block. It started with a small chip/crack and quickly get worse over time.post #2178 of 29897/11/14 at 10:04pmIf you don't want to splash out in the bottlehead Crack, the next best thing I found to work extremely well with the T90 is the new Aune T1 Mk2 with a Gold Lion tube. It really makes your T90 sing.post #2179 of 29897/12/14 at 4:53amQuote:
Are you using only the amp section of the Aune with an external dac ?post #2180 of 29897/12/14 at 6:19ampost #2181 of 29897/12/14 at 6:29amQuote:
@punit yes @mreleventy is correct. I am using the DAC portion as well. The mk2 has some upgraded chips and it's a tube DAC and not a tube amp. Funny thing. However, the sound is really really good. You should give not a try when we meet next time. It's not a crack, of course but good enough when you are on a budget.
Kpost #2182 of 29897/12/14 at 7:02ampost #2183 of 29897/12/14 at 7:04amThey swapped out the tenor 7022 usb cost with a sa9027. They probably left in the dac chipset, the ti PCM1793 could handle 24/192. it was just limited by the usb chipset.Quote:Is it because he said tube amp? ;p
Edited by MrEleventy - 7/12/14 at 7:06ampost #2184 of 29897/12/14 at 7:45ampost #2185 of 29897/12/14 at 8:08ampost #2186 of 29897/12/14 at 8:13ampost #2187 of 29897/12/14 at 11:00am
I currently am deciding between a Little Dot iii or iv, a Schiit Valhalla 2, and the Maverick Audio A1. I don't really have the money to go for a full blown tube amp right now. I also like the fact that they can be used as a preamp for my computer speakers. Although I probably will invest in a good pair of bookshelf monitors soon.post #2188 of 29897/12/14 at 12:50pm
Nothing wrong with selling them, I just sold my set!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Having gone thru a lot of cans in the past two years to see for myself what the real story / sound of many of these cans I sold and am selling all the cans that I decided I did not need in favor of other "stuff" like a ODA desktop amp.
I settled in on the BeyerT90's as the best buy, the best all-around set of cans for me.
I never found the 701's warm at all with several SS and tube Amps, they were very crisp and articulate to me.
I enjoyed them a lot but again... not really needed here.
The only set of cans that might catch my fancy would possibly be a set of T1's....
Here we go again...\
Alexpost #2189 of 29897/12/14 at 3:18pm
After getting every thing the way I want it I have no plans to sell any thing or switch dac's or amp's. As I made sure every thing including tubes was what I wanted. Tho the only thing I may get in the future is powered speaker's but that wont happen that fast as I don't use speakers that much to make it worth it to buy some.
- Beyerdynamic T90 :D
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 6 seconds ago
- › 2015 Tokyo Fujiya Avic Spring Headphone Festival Report 20 seconds ago
- › Feliks-Audio...6SN7 + 6AS7G/6080 prototype 39 seconds ago
- › Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › Are my cans good enough? 1 minute ago
- › Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon &... 1 minute ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 2 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT 150: Bloody Brilliant! 2 minutes ago
- › Gustard U12 USB Interface 8 Core XMOS chip 3 minutes ago
- › Closed headphones with forward mids and vocals. 4 minutes ago
- › T-Peos Baguette Dynamic Earphones by twister6
- › T-Peos Amadeus dual hybrid in-ear monitor with microphone and remote by Hisoundfi
- › Apple iPhone 4S 16GB - AT&T - Black by snellemin
- › OPPO HA-2 by gerelmx1986
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by peareye
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by dnun8086
- › Luxury & Precision LP5 32bit DSD Portable Lossless Music Player by daduy
- › AWEI ES-900i Headset Earphones Speakers with Mic for Smart Phone -... by mrplt
- › AKG K712 Pro by KopaZ
- › Noontec Hammo S Over Ear Headphone Audiophile Sound Stylish Looking... by twister6
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2