Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Beyerdynamic T90 :D
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Beyerdynamic T90 :D - Page 142

post #2116 of 2385
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshift Rider View Post
 

Sound signature aside, i have read many people mention the amazing price/performance ratio of Q701. I'm starting to realise this now. 

The fact that you can get Q701 for 200$ on amazon seems ridiculous.

 

T90 is a total win for me. Clarity, ability to handle every genre(!), sparkliness, soundstage, bass, comfort... just stunning headphone in every way.


To me, Q701s were one of the worst headphones ever. The ear fatigue they caused after 30-45 minutes was unbearable. Besides, they sounded thin. Compared to them, Senn HD650s I have now are audio heaven. I haven't heard the T90 but if it's anything like Q701s, they're not for me.

 

The price is of Q701s is low now because they aren't made in Austria anymore but China.


Edited by obsidyen - 6/14/14 at 11:15am
post #2117 of 2385

I have the Beyer T90's and DT 1350's and the Q701's..plus a bunch more....

 

The Q701 and the T90s are not the same at all.....very different.

 

They both are extremely comfortable and easy to listen to for hours on end to me.

 

Everyone has an opinion and mine is totally opposite in that they are a great headphone when driven well and using good source material..

 

They are what most would call "thin" on the low end but they are accurate and not BOOMY...lots of us like a heavier bass end, not me. just accurate low end etc....but that's subjective to most.

 

The Q701's are articulate, clear, accurate and a joy to listen to...IMO

 

But I like the t90s even better....for different reasons and go back and forth with them both.

 

Alex

post #2118 of 2385
Quote:
Originally Posted by adydula View Post
 

I have the Beyer T90's and DT 1350's and the Q701's..plus a bunch more....

 

The Q701 and the T90s are not the same at all.....very different.

 

They both are extremely comfortable and easy to listen to for hours on end to me.

 

Everyone has an opinion and mine is totally opposite in that they are a great headphone when driven well and using good source material..

 

They are what most would call "thin" on the low end but they are accurate and not BOOMY...lots of us like a heavier bass end, not me. just accurate low end etc....but that's subjective to most.

 

The Q701's are articulate, clear, accurate and a joy to listen to...IMO

 

But I like the t90s even better....for different reasons and go back and forth with them both.

 

Alex

 

Q701 and T90 both require the right amp to sound great. Take a look at the Impedance / Frequency response graph...

 

 

The T90 require off-the-charts Ohms in the bass region. I wouldn't call them bass light. With the right amp, they have plenty, but to bring it out, you need something with a lot of oomph. I never heard them on anything better than a BH crack+speedball with it's 150 Ohm output impedance.

 

Soundwise I found the Q701 to be quite different but must admit, I have not listened to them for an extended period.

 

Cheers,

K


Edited by Koolpep - 6/14/14 at 1:21pm
post #2119 of 2385
Quote:
Originally Posted by adydula View Post
 

I have the Beyer T90's and DT 1350's and the Q701's..plus a bunch more....

 

The Q701 and the T90s are not the same at all.....very different.

 

They both are extremely comfortable and easy to listen to for hours on end to me.

 

Everyone has an opinion and mine is totally opposite in that they are a great headphone when driven well and using good source material..

 

They are what most would call "thin" on the low end but they are accurate and not BOOMY...lots of us like a heavier bass end, not me. just accurate low end etc....but that's subjective to most.

 

The Q701's are articulate, clear, accurate and a joy to listen to...IMO

 

But I like the t90s even better....for different reasons and go back and forth with them both.

 

Alex

 

T90 shouldn't sound "thin" or "accurate" when driven well, I think.  T90 has big bass out of two of my desktop amps, not accurate at all, whether you consider "accurate" to be flat or following the "Fletcher-Munson" curves to some extent (no, the amps don't do bass boost).  Out of the other two, its bass is relatively accurate, and thin as most would call it, but the treble lacks control too, and one of those can do bass boost.

 

This is the best "V-shaped sound" headphone.  All other headphones with a similar balance tend to sacrifice the midrange to some degree or don't have much treble boost to try and bring out more of the midrange or simply have very little extra bass and treble to avoid obscuring the midrange much.  Sometimes even, the upper bass and lower mids have plenty of boost, tilting the midrange  a lot and preventing it from sounding balanced, or sometimes it is the lower treble and upper mids instead.  T90 has both in overabundance and yet the bass and treble never obscure the midrange at all, they always give the [relatively balanced] mids their room to shine and make vocals and strings and much more sound awesome.

Other "V-shaped sound" headphones also tend to have somewhat loose bass or somewhat poor treble or one thing or another.  T90 has none of their weaknesses at all except when the amp it is plugged into does not synergize with it, then it can sound thin and sometimes even shrill.

It is quite a great headphone for what it accomplishes.

post #2120 of 2385

The Beyerdynamic T90 are the best headphones i've listened to . honestly ! i've auditioned many headphones and decide to throw my money on this . and it turns out great with very good amps ! hahaha ! please go write a review on the T90s if you havent done so !

post #2121 of 2385

How do they sound with Chord Hugo? Anyone tried them with it?

post #2122 of 2385

omg chord hugo looks so cheap . 

post #2123 of 2385
Quote:
Originally Posted by obsidyen View Post
 


To me, Q701s were one of the worst headphones ever. The ear fatigue they caused after 30-45 minutes was unbearable. Besides, they sounded thin. Compared to them, Senn HD650s I have now are audio heaven. I haven't heard the T90 but if it's anything like Q701s, they're not for me.

 

The price is of Q701s is low now because they aren't made in Austria anymore but China.

 

Mad Max described the T90 very good as having a sort of "V" shaped sound signature. 

By that the Q701 is more like an "n" or mid-centric i should say :)

post #2124 of 2385
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshift Rider View Post
 

 

Mad Max described the T90 very good as having a sort of "V" shaped sound signature. 

By that the Q701 is more like an "n" or mid-centric i should say :)

 

Haha, "Λ-shaped".  :wink_face:

post #2125 of 2385

shouldn't they be "Q" shaped??  lol

 

A.

post #2126 of 2385

Hi all,

 

Sorry if this has been discussed before (I'm sure it has :)), but I couldn't find a definitive answer.

 

I'm looking to buy T90 - I need a suggestion for a portable DAC/AMP. Initially I thought Fiio E17 was the best bet, then I read somewhere in the forum about JDS Labs C5D. Can someone comment which is the best portable DAC/AMP out there?

post #2127 of 2385
If you have the money.... look for an RSA w/ a high gain. Hornet would be the cheapest no-frills option. It's slightly warm tone should synergize well with the U/V-ish nature of the T90s.
post #2128 of 2385

Thanks, @MrEleventy - I am looking for a DAC/AMP, it seems that "the Predator" and "the Intruder" are DAC/AMP combos, and they are fairly expensive.... can you please comment on how they compare with E17 or C5D?

post #2129 of 2385
Sorry, I was just making an options suggestion as I don't have direct experience myself with the RSAs. I want to tho, just if I can sell off a few more items... wink.gif Most reviews that I've read say they're a little on the warm side. On the E17, I did have the it but I don't remember ever pairing it with the T90s. FWIW, based on memory, the E17 itself is a little warm as well. Around the mids and highs. Maybe they'll work well together also. Do note that unamped, the T90s will sound thin and etchy.
post #2130 of 2385
Quote:
Originally Posted by surja View Post
 

Hi all,

 

Sorry if this has been discussed before (I'm sure it has :)), but I couldn't find a definitive answer.

 

I'm looking to buy T90 - I need a suggestion for a portable DAC/AMP. Initially I thought Fiio E17 was the best bet, then I read somewhere in the forum about JDS Labs C5D. Can someone comment which is the best portable DAC/AMP out there?

 

Chord Hugo is the best portable dac/amp. It's even better than most desktop dac/amps, it's actually better than any sub 5K dac/amps, whether it be desktop or portable.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Beyerdynamic T90 :D