I briefly considered this move (from the DT880 Pro) but rejected it due to general agreement that the T90 is brighter, which I don't need. I wonder what you feel your 880 is lacking that the T90 can provide?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productbeyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productbeyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productBeyerdynamic T 70 Over Ear Headphone, Black/Greytagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productBeyerdynamic T70ptagged by System, 5/23/12
- productBeyerdynamic T90 Premium Stereo Headphonetagged by rasmushorn, 5/4/13
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 5/23/12
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 5/23/12
Related Forum Threads
- Please Help me choose a headphone from this website.... AH-D7000, HD650, DT880, DT990, T70 Last post on 10/20/11 at 8:18pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Beyerdynamic T70 & T70p: Any Impressions? Last post on 7/15/11 at 4:31am in Headphones (full-size)
- First Impressions of the new Beyerdynamic T70p Last post on 7/24/14 at 8:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- Any real alternative to D2000 (DT880 pro?) Last post on 7/12/12 at 2:57am in Headphones (full-size)
- Didn’t get on with ADH-2000 how about DT-880 or DT-990? Last post on 3/2/12 at 2:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Today I got this MP3 player but I am debating to keep it or not because the button layout is horrible. Also, the user interface is choppy with FLAC files. There is a noticable lag when choosing...
I’ve had my Dragon Inspire IHA-1 now for a sufficient time period to post my thoughts. I will use a subjective 5 point scoring system. Setup: Power Conditioning: Blue Circle...
Here we go again. It seems like every other review I've done lately has been on some product from this up-and-coming company that is making a name for itself. Luckily for us, this IEM from...
I tested it with Dr.Chesky's Binaural album and Depeche Mode flacs. What I like most is of course bass response..it is more than enough, maybe a bit exaggerated, aggressive. Overall, I am...
I used this sound card for 5 years. It replaced that time my previous card M-Audio Audiophile 2496. As far as I know at present (2014/2015) it is not possible to buy this card as new in Europe....
Beyerdynamic T90 :D - Page 123post #1831 of 26063/7/14 at 10:45pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1832 of 26063/8/14 at 12:03amQuote:
I am one of the many people on this thread who have owned the T90 & DT 880. You can always eq treble down if you find it bright but you can't eq Clarity, Musicality & all round engagement UP. Pick any quality that you like about the DT 880, the T90 does it better. I hope other people who has listened to both DT 880 + T90 can corroborate this.
Yes , they are sensitive to source matching (they need tubes to sound their best IMHO) so do factor the cost of that in.post #1833 of 26063/8/14 at 12:27ampost #1834 of 26063/8/14 at 2:00am
having just bought punit's T90 last week and still having my DT880 I can only second that. They do everything the DT880 does but better. I did NOT find them much brighter. They have more sparkle and clarity and are overall much nicer to listen to. It's definitively a really nice step up nobody would regret.
I have driven the T90 so far with: Schiit Asgard, Schiit Valhalla and Fiio E07K and must say, while they do sound best on the Valhalla, the Asgard is very close and the E07K drives them surprisingly well too. I will check them next week on the NuForce iconHDP and report back.
In general they are a league above the DT880 and I wouldn't be worried about brightness at all. I think they are best paired with a warm sounding amp that brings a bit more body to them.
By the way: If you put the hifiman HE400 velour pads on the DT880 it removes some of the brightness and give the music more body and lower end punch too.
Kpost #1835 of 26063/8/14 at 5:36amStill have both and I agree with punit and kool. The clarity and positioning goes way up with the t90s. I agree on general convenience being an issue but tubes don't really give off that much light or heat unless you get a boutique one where there's more than 4 tubes. But kool nailed it with warm ss, like the fiio products or a burson, audio gd wm chipset amps, etcpost #1836 of 26063/8/14 at 5:43ampost #1837 of 26063/8/14 at 6:52amI love the TS 7236. It's a more dynamic (read fun) tube. It's got a more livelier bass, a little loose at times but that can be good or bad depending on how you like your music. It's definitely the tube that I would recommend if one can't afford a TS5998 or not looking for a linear/neutral sound sig. It goes well with the TS 6sn7 or Sylvania 6sn7 that I have in the darkvoice 336.post #1838 of 26063/11/14 at 10:34ampost #1839 of 26063/11/14 at 10:40ampost #1840 of 26063/11/14 at 10:45amQuote:
I don't know how they compare to the HD700, but I find the bass to be exceptionally well controlled and appreciatively deep. I was watching Believe last night and there's a scene in which a large rumbling bass hit happens and I could feel it in my toes. Loved it.post #1841 of 26063/11/14 at 10:54ampost #1842 of 26063/11/14 at 6:30pm
I have few questions.. I am using fiio e10 to power 880's 250ohm. They sound very good. I also got t90's coming in.
is e10 enough for them? I am wondering if anyone has done any cable mod for these and if it improved the performance?
I have very limited space and my goal is to use them at work (I don't have noise issues) for 4-8 hrs a day... I want to do a cable mod since amp will reside on my left, so I would want a shorter cable, so it made me wonder if it's worth to step up to entirely new cable *instead of cutting this one).
Thanks in advance :)post #1843 of 26063/19/14 at 6:04am
I have both: the DT880 250 Ohm and the T90. The T90 is significantly louder than the DT880. I am using the Colorfly C4 and when I have to turn the volume for the DT880 to 100% then the T90 only needs 80% to reach the same volume. So I think the E10 should have more than enough power for the T90post #1844 of 26063/21/14 at 11:51pm
I've noticed the same with DT770pro-250. T90 has higher sensitivity.
T90 was made for trance just like T50p, Triple.fi 10, and A2000X, oh hell yeah!
Edited by Mad Max - 3/22/14 at 12:11am
- Beyerdynamic T90 :D
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Chord Hugo 10 seconds ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 1 minute ago
- › Havi B3 Pro1 : A Review by Baycode 3 minutes ago
- › Speaker amps for headphones 3 minutes ago
- › Wanted Hifiman HE-5LE (EU) 5 minutes ago
- › Review: Westone um 30 Pro 5 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 7 minutes ago
- › Audiophiles in Dubai? 8 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-1A - Sony's latest update on the 1R 8 minutes ago
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by hstubc
- › Inspire by Dennis Had IHA-1 Dragon Version by BlakeT
- › MP4Nation Brainwavz M1 by JoeDoe
- › Koss RUK 30K Noise Isolating In-Ear Stereophone, Black by ajlan
- › Audiotrak Prodigy 7.1 HiFi by Ataka
- › Creative Fatal1ty Gaming Headset by TsukiNick
- › SHOZY Alien DAP by AudioGG
- › The House of Marley Liberate XL BT by Giogio
- › Bang & Olufsen A8 Earphones by fjhuerta
- › JBL Synchros 400BT Bluetooth Wireless On-Ear Stereo Headphones, Black by Giogio
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)