I briefly considered this move (from the DT880 Pro) but rejected it due to general agreement that the T90 is brighter, which I don't need. I wonder what you feel your 880 is lacking that the T90 can provide?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productbeyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productbeyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productBeyerdynamic T 70 Over Ear Headphone, Black/Greytagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productBeyerdynamic T70ptagged by System, 5/23/12
- productBeyerdynamic T90 Premium Stereo Headphonetagged by rasmushorn, 5/4/13
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 5/23/12
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 5/23/12
Related Forum Threads
- Please Help me choose a headphone from this website.... AH-D7000, HD650, DT880, DT990, T70 Last post on 10/20/11 at 8:18pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Beyerdynamic T70 & T70p: Any Impressions? Last post on 7/15/11 at 4:31am in Headphones (full-size)
- First Impressions of the new Beyerdynamic T70p Last post on 7/24/14 at 8:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- [GUIDE] Sonic Differences Between DT770-DT990 Models & More Last post on 4/3/15 at 11:40pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Beyerdynamic Decisions..... Last post on 8/12/12 at 1:11pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
If you want a natural sound with realistic vocals and soundstage, tight bass, sparkling highs without being fatigued, and a headphone who can reveal the true quality of the recorded music, and...
you know the original price of this one, a rock solid $100. can you feel it ? yees, there's a bad review is coming... let's take a look at what brainwavz says for it's own product, one thing comes...
FOREWARD: as a relatively new user to head-fi, i dont expect many of you to take my review seriously. however, although i'm new to POSTING on this site, i've been an audiophile and a lurker of this...
Color! Because I feel in the mood for it. No, not really, this is just for the comparison. So, Red, & Green? Red - Not For Me. Green - Solid, & something I personally like. Comparison is...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank LH Labs for providing me with a review sample of GeekOut in exchange for my honest opinion. I thought I was done with my round of portable USB...
Beyerdynamic T90 :D - Page 123post #1831 of 29353/7/14 at 10:45pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1832 of 29353/8/14 at 12:03amQuote:
I am one of the many people on this thread who have owned the T90 & DT 880. You can always eq treble down if you find it bright but you can't eq Clarity, Musicality & all round engagement UP. Pick any quality that you like about the DT 880, the T90 does it better. I hope other people who has listened to both DT 880 + T90 can corroborate this.
Yes , they are sensitive to source matching (they need tubes to sound their best IMHO) so do factor the cost of that in.post #1833 of 29353/8/14 at 12:27ampost #1834 of 29353/8/14 at 2:00am
having just bought punit's T90 last week and still having my DT880 I can only second that. They do everything the DT880 does but better. I did NOT find them much brighter. They have more sparkle and clarity and are overall much nicer to listen to. It's definitively a really nice step up nobody would regret.
I have driven the T90 so far with: Schiit Asgard, Schiit Valhalla and Fiio E07K and must say, while they do sound best on the Valhalla, the Asgard is very close and the E07K drives them surprisingly well too. I will check them next week on the NuForce iconHDP and report back.
In general they are a league above the DT880 and I wouldn't be worried about brightness at all. I think they are best paired with a warm sounding amp that brings a bit more body to them.
By the way: If you put the hifiman HE400 velour pads on the DT880 it removes some of the brightness and give the music more body and lower end punch too.
Kpost #1835 of 29353/8/14 at 5:36amStill have both and I agree with punit and kool. The clarity and positioning goes way up with the t90s. I agree on general convenience being an issue but tubes don't really give off that much light or heat unless you get a boutique one where there's more than 4 tubes. But kool nailed it with warm ss, like the fiio products or a burson, audio gd wm chipset amps, etcpost #1836 of 29353/8/14 at 5:43ampost #1837 of 29353/8/14 at 6:52amI love the TS 7236. It's a more dynamic (read fun) tube. It's got a more livelier bass, a little loose at times but that can be good or bad depending on how you like your music. It's definitely the tube that I would recommend if one can't afford a TS5998 or not looking for a linear/neutral sound sig. It goes well with the TS 6sn7 or Sylvania 6sn7 that I have in the darkvoice 336.post #1838 of 29353/11/14 at 10:34ampost #1839 of 29353/11/14 at 10:40ampost #1840 of 29353/11/14 at 10:45amQuote:
I don't know how they compare to the HD700, but I find the bass to be exceptionally well controlled and appreciatively deep. I was watching Believe last night and there's a scene in which a large rumbling bass hit happens and I could feel it in my toes. Loved it.post #1841 of 29353/11/14 at 10:54ampost #1842 of 29353/11/14 at 6:30pm
I have few questions.. I am using fiio e10 to power 880's 250ohm. They sound very good. I also got t90's coming in.
is e10 enough for them? I am wondering if anyone has done any cable mod for these and if it improved the performance?
I have very limited space and my goal is to use them at work (I don't have noise issues) for 4-8 hrs a day... I want to do a cable mod since amp will reside on my left, so I would want a shorter cable, so it made me wonder if it's worth to step up to entirely new cable *instead of cutting this one).
Thanks in advance :)post #1843 of 29353/19/14 at 6:04am
I have both: the DT880 250 Ohm and the T90. The T90 is significantly louder than the DT880. I am using the Colorfly C4 and when I have to turn the volume for the DT880 to 100% then the T90 only needs 80% to reach the same volume. So I think the E10 should have more than enough power for the T90post #1844 of 29353/21/14 at 11:51pm
I've noticed the same with DT770pro-250. T90 has higher sensitivity.
T90 was made for trance just like T50p, Triple.fi 10, and A2000X, oh hell yeah!
Edited by Mad Max - 3/22/14 at 12:11am
- Beyerdynamic T90 :D
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Fiio X5 - Custom/Modded firmwares 8 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 42 seconds ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 1 minute ago
- › The DX90 by iBasso . . . Sound impressions . . . . . . . New... 1 minute ago
- › Audio-GD HE Series: HE-9, HE-7, HE-1, HE-350 1 minute ago
- › UK 2015 Head-Fi Meet (Cambridge - Saturday 25th April) 1 minute ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster X7 - Detailed Review & Impressions 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 2 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 2 minutes ago
- › JVC new top tier Wooden IEM : JVC HA FX 1100 5 minutes ago
- › AKG K 702 Headphones by ExCelciuS
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by vaziyetu
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by xsk3l3t0rx
- › Audio Technica ATH-IM02 balanced amature inner earphone by ahnvx
- › Geek Out 450 USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier by twister6
- › Beyerdynamic T90 Premium Stereo Headphone by motion2082
- › COWON J3 32 GB Portable Media Player (Black) by viperxp
- › Audio-Technica AIR Dynamic Headphones ATH-AD900X by kite7
- › Audio-Technica ATH-AD700X Audiophile Open-Air Headphones by TheJniac
- › AKG K 550 by ahnvx
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2