I briefly considered this move (from the DT880 Pro) but rejected it due to general agreement that the T90 is brighter, which I don't need. I wonder what you feel your 880 is lacking that the T90 can provide?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productbeyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productbeyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productBeyerdynamic T 70 Over Ear Headphone, Black/Greytagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productBeyerdynamic T70ptagged by System, 5/23/12
- productBeyerdynamic T90 Premium Stereo Headphonetagged by rasmushorn, 5/4/13
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 5/23/12
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 5/23/12
Related Forum Threads
- Please Help me choose a headphone from this website.... AH-D7000, HD650, DT880, DT990, T70 Last post on 10/20/11 at 8:18pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Beyerdynamic T70 & T70p: Any Impressions? Last post on 7/15/11 at 4:31am in Headphones (full-size)
- First Impressions of the new Beyerdynamic T70p Last post on 6/22/15 at 12:23am in Headphones (full-size)
- [GUIDE] Sonic Differences Between DT770-DT990 Models & More Last post on 7/27/15 at 12:39am in Headphones (full-size)
- Beyerdynamic Decisions..... Last post on 8/12/12 at 1:11pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Foreword: I'm a production manager, but focus mostly on sound engineering. I install and tune a lot of P.A equipment, and also mix live acts in : - live venues, - concert halls, - bars, and -...
For me, they are the best ever. Maybe someday i'll listen to something 'better'? Well, we'll see. PD: The Highs can bother some people with their 2k and 8-9k peaks. For me it's fine, but it's...
In terms of design it is good looking and cofortable. Usb is meaningless to me, my laptops built-in sound card is better sounding than that usb. Sounding bad for its price. Still is good for casual...
It has a solid build that if you want to break them, you should do something extreme to them. Still it comes with 2 years of warranty and if you do break these, you can get a new one at %50...
Preface: Hearing the MSB Analog was a long overdue matter. A couple of weeks ago, I finally decided it was a good time to do something about it, hence I got one from local dealer to have the...
Beyerdynamic T90 :D - Page 123post #1831 of 31473/7/14 at 10:45pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1832 of 31473/8/14 at 12:03amQuote:
I am one of the many people on this thread who have owned the T90 & DT 880. You can always eq treble down if you find it bright but you can't eq Clarity, Musicality & all round engagement UP. Pick any quality that you like about the DT 880, the T90 does it better. I hope other people who has listened to both DT 880 + T90 can corroborate this.
Yes , they are sensitive to source matching (they need tubes to sound their best IMHO) so do factor the cost of that in.post #1833 of 31473/8/14 at 12:27ampost #1834 of 31473/8/14 at 2:00am
having just bought punit's T90 last week and still having my DT880 I can only second that. They do everything the DT880 does but better. I did NOT find them much brighter. They have more sparkle and clarity and are overall much nicer to listen to. It's definitively a really nice step up nobody would regret.
I have driven the T90 so far with: Schiit Asgard, Schiit Valhalla and Fiio E07K and must say, while they do sound best on the Valhalla, the Asgard is very close and the E07K drives them surprisingly well too. I will check them next week on the NuForce iconHDP and report back.
In general they are a league above the DT880 and I wouldn't be worried about brightness at all. I think they are best paired with a warm sounding amp that brings a bit more body to them.
By the way: If you put the hifiman HE400 velour pads on the DT880 it removes some of the brightness and give the music more body and lower end punch too.
Kpost #1835 of 31473/8/14 at 5:36amStill have both and I agree with punit and kool. The clarity and positioning goes way up with the t90s. I agree on general convenience being an issue but tubes don't really give off that much light or heat unless you get a boutique one where there's more than 4 tubes. But kool nailed it with warm ss, like the fiio products or a burson, audio gd wm chipset amps, etcpost #1836 of 31473/8/14 at 5:43ampost #1837 of 31473/8/14 at 6:52amI love the TS 7236. It's a more dynamic (read fun) tube. It's got a more livelier bass, a little loose at times but that can be good or bad depending on how you like your music. It's definitely the tube that I would recommend if one can't afford a TS5998 or not looking for a linear/neutral sound sig. It goes well with the TS 6sn7 or Sylvania 6sn7 that I have in the darkvoice 336.post #1838 of 31473/11/14 at 10:34ampost #1839 of 31473/11/14 at 10:40ampost #1841 of 31473/11/14 at 10:54ampost #1842 of 31473/11/14 at 6:30pm
I have few questions.. I am using fiio e10 to power 880's 250ohm. They sound very good. I also got t90's coming in.
is e10 enough for them? I am wondering if anyone has done any cable mod for these and if it improved the performance?
I have very limited space and my goal is to use them at work (I don't have noise issues) for 4-8 hrs a day... I want to do a cable mod since amp will reside on my left, so I would want a shorter cable, so it made me wonder if it's worth to step up to entirely new cable *instead of cutting this one).
Thanks in advance :)post #1843 of 31473/19/14 at 6:04am
I have both: the DT880 250 Ohm and the T90. The T90 is significantly louder than the DT880. I am using the Colorfly C4 and when I have to turn the volume for the DT880 to 100% then the T90 only needs 80% to reach the same volume. So I think the E10 should have more than enough power for the T90post #1844 of 31473/21/14 at 11:51pm
I've noticed the same with DT770pro-250. T90 has higher sensitivity.
T90 was made for trance just like T50p, Triple.fi 10, and A2000X, oh hell yeah!
Edited by Mad Max - 3/22/14 at 12:11am
- Beyerdynamic T90 :D
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Official HIFIMAN HE1000 Impressions Thread 19 seconds ago
- › Fidue A73 - Hybrid (1DD + 1BA) IEM - Impressions and discussion thread 31 seconds ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 38 seconds ago
- › Questyle QP1 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 5 minutes ago
- › Review of Hidizs AP100 portable HiFi music player 8 minutes ago
- › Bottlehead Amplifier Discussion / Comparison Thread: Crack, SEX &... 8 minutes ago
- › Asus Xonar U7 DAC/AMP Appreciation & Impressions Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 11 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by White Lotus
- › Etymotic ER-4P Portable In-Ear Earphones by ElMarcado
- › G430 Gaming Headset by Gonomon
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-80 by Gonomon
- › MSB Analog by negura
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by kar13
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM by YoYo JoKeR
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by WayneWoondirts
- › Ultrasone Edition 5 unlimited by hechlok
- › Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 THX Certified Computer Speaker System by Fademan77
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3