Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Beyerdynamic T90 :D
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Beyerdynamic T90 :D - Page 119

post #1771 of 2369

Omg...ordered it at the last minute was reading up on this thread, and something madridz said just made me click buy.  Got an additional 100$ off from my order from amazon for signing up for a credit card so it works out I guess lol. Phew lol excited!!

 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonido View Post


I posted a comparison way back. Also copied it to my Amazon review of the T90, so it's probably easier to look for it there. Looks like you're thinking about taking a similar path I took going from HD700 to T90 (then HE-500 and finally HD800). In hindsight, it's better and ultimately lighter on your wallet to forgo both and go straight to HD800. Of course, it's less of a journey that way. I personally prefer to experience it all myself rather than just have someone tell me what to get, so I understand if you don't follow my advice there. I wouldn't myselftongue.gif
 
 
This... couldn't have said it better myself. I don't know which of the 2 I'll end up with  (T1 or HD800 or maybe even crazier) but without knowing there will always be doubt, regret, and the ever curiosity of what if.

Edited by LunaP - 2/20/14 at 3:58pm
post #1772 of 2369
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonido View Post


I posted a comparison way back. Also copied it to my Amazon review of the T90, so it's probably easier to look for it there. Looks like you're thinking about taking a similar path I took going from HD700 to T90 (then HE-500 and finally HD800). In hindsight, it's better and ultimately lighter on your wallet to forgo both and go straight to HD800. Of course, it's less of a journey that way. I personally prefer to experience it all myself rather than just have someone tell me what to get, so I understand if you don't follow my advice there. I wouldn't myself. tongue.gif

Hahha seems so too :P
But I am not necessarily considering T90 as an upgrade though, what do you think? And I was trying to search your review on Amazon.com but I can't find it.. :O
FOUNDED. gonna read it! thanks :)


Edited by SNSDluv - 2/20/14 at 4:20pm
post #1773 of 2369
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNSDluv View Post
 

Hahha seems so too :P
But I am not necessarily considering T90 as an upgrade though, what do you think? And I was trying to search your review on Amazon.com but I can't find it.. :O
FOUNDED. gonna read it! thanks :)

 


Can you link me if you get a chance at work so can't search to much.

 

As for the T90 My only gripe for now ( haven't received it yet it arrives today ) is that the cable is straight vs coiled like the  880 which I'm gonna miss because I felt it looked cooler and tangled less that way + cleaned up well when storing ._.    I know others hated the cable but I loved it honestly.Makes it look shorter yet extends when you need it!

 

If I end up sticking with these am I able to change out the cable for a similar style or no? Or would it have to be a custom order? 

post #1774 of 2369
Quote:
Originally Posted by LunaP View Post
 

 


Can you link me if you get a chance at work so can't search to much.

 

As for the T90 My only gripe for now ( haven't received it yet it arrives today ) is that the cable is straight vs coiled like the  880 which I'm gonna miss because I felt it looked cooler and tangled less that way + cleaned up well when storing ._.    I know others hated the cable but I loved it honestly.Makes it look shorter yet extends when you need it!

 

If I end up sticking with these am I able to change out the cable for a similar style or no? Or would it have to be a custom order? 

What! I am at work too >< 
http://www.amazon.com/review/R20X74KMPYTVV1/ref=cm_cr_pr_cmt?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B00890YNBK&linkCode=&nodeID=&tag=#wasThisHelpful

Here you go :)

post #1775 of 2369
Sonido's Amazon Review
It would be a custom order to get the coiled cable back. You can DIY it if you're handy with a soldering iron.
post #1776 of 2369
Quote:
Originally Posted by FunyunBreath View Post
 

 

What amp are you using with the T90? I find the T90's to be sibilant if the recording is sibilant, but if the song was mastered well they are very comfortable to listen to. No more sibilant than my 650's on the same tracks. 

 

I've really never heard any of the treble peaks that people talk about when they say the T90's are bright. Maybe I just have them paired very well with my BH Crack and tube combo. My ears are super sensitive to high frequencies and coming from the HD650's I don't find the T90's fatiguing or less comfortable to listen to.

 

One thing to think about, I could see a lot of people confusing the clarity of the T90's with bright treble. The T90's are so clear that if you haven't previously heard an end-game headphone like the HD800 or Stax SR009 I could see one thinking that they are bright.

 

I am using my Matrix Cube DAC/AMP ..

 

Honestly, I wasn't ready for such brightness. It made my other headphones sound so closed! This is bad, or maybe not! 

 

I may have to follow punit's advice and EQ the treble just a hair down. Other than that, these are growing on me like wild mushrooms.

post #1777 of 2369

Here are my T90 vs T1 comparison notes :

 

  • System :  Mac Mini running Pure Music with Wav files ---- Meier Daccord ---- BH.Crack with Western Electric 421A & CBS-Hytron 12au7  tubes.
  • T90 has over 300 Hrs (150 hrs burn in + 150 hrs play time) & T1 has little over 60 hrs (50 hrs burn in). The T90 treble has toned down a lot from when I got them new, guess burn in helps (either HP or Brain ).

  • T1 has the most amazing treble, beats all HP's I have heard in this regard. Such a fine balance of natural, smooth & extended  (just like Blake Lively's legs). In case you don't know who Blake Lively is :D:

  •  

  • T90 treble is sligtly artificial / digital  by comparision.

  • Probably because of the deeper ear cups or the way the drivers are angled or both T1 sound stage is slightly wider.

  • T1 sounds more smooth / "audiophile" , T90 is more lively / "fun". I listen to a lot of electronic / "fun" music & very little jazz/ classical / "audiophile" music , hence I am leaning a bit towards the T90. Time will tell which I will end up using more.

  • IMHO If you have the T90 + BHC + decent tubes, then move to T1 will probably give you a 10 % upgrade.

    On my Meier Classic amp going from T90 to T1  probably gave a 25% improvement (this speaks a lot about the BHC & T90 synergy.

  •  

    YMMV

 

Edit (few hours on):

 

To borrow a term I have read someone use on Head-Fi, I am a Soundstage Whore :p & I am really loving the soundstage on the T1. Looks like I will be keeping both.

 

Edit (27/2/14):

 

Have been listening with the T1's exclusively since last five days & switched to the T90's today. The T90 treble sounds very fake / "plastiky" in comparision. T90 definitely sounds mid -fi compared to T1.


Edited by punit - 2/27/14 at 9:56am
post #1778 of 2369
Quote:

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrEleventy View Post

Sonido's Amazon Review
It would be a custom order to get the coiled cable back. You can DIY it if you're handy with a soldering iron.

 

 

Appreciate it guys, finally had a good read. Had me worried the first half but afterwards now I'm looking even more forward to hearing it.
 
 
@Punit lol you're making me really want to get out of work early to race home and hear these things!

 

 

 

#Edit 3+ hours later

 


So got home and opened teh box, first thing I notice is that the ear pads aren't as cushy and feel that cheap feel you'd get from lesser headphones vs that nice lush cushy looking stuff on the 880's. That + the headstrap doesn't have that nice lil leather protector.

 

Feels cheap on my head too but nevertheless this is about how it sounds.

 

 

Loaded up foobar and popped in one of my fav tracks on my 880's listened for a few minutes.

 

Swapped over to the new T90's.

 

Initial impression.

 

Treble: Feels like its turned way up, and a few thin areas (not great w/ wording yet)

Bass: I'm missing it. (Not a bass head just not feeling it on the stage like I was w/ the 880's.

 

Sound itself is no longer dull like the 880's were but at the same time something's missing. Granted I don't have an amp or anything other than my ZxR for now sadly so I can't say much, and was honestly hoping it'd pair well with it for the moment.

 

Gonna load up my game and see how things sound, and also lower the treb a bit. I heard the 4k area also affects it so I"ll mess around a bit. That + Reset everything on my card as well in case that's playing a part.

 

Gonna mess around with a few things for a bit and see what I can get out of this. There's a guitar center near me as well which I can test out some amp's / dac's there , but if it comes down to needing one I may just opt back for the T1 or HD800 at that point. Again this is just first 5 minute impression gonna dive further in, not regretting anything honestly.

 

 

-----Edit   hours later~

 

After finding that settings were off on some and wacky on others in my card settings, reset it all and wow... noticed a big jump. So got off the music jumped in game.. and everything was just purity. Super clear and clean to my ears, though missing that theatre room rumbling/air feeling from the 880's (faintly there) I could listen to just about every single sound and bit in the game. The OST's were even more amazing. Running by a waterfall I could hear the different bits and driblets in it as they splashed and was amazed @ the detail and sound that was in the game.

 

Probably a few hours went by before I realized because I was so entranced.

 

So far the Treble doesn't appear or seem as bright as I feared, and seems almost perfect in my sense. The bass is sharp and fast, though I found I can still increase it using additional settings, but has a rather decent punch to it.

 

Do I notice the difference from the 880 pro ? Yes, I decided to swap them out and could immediately sense the difference in the sound, where before it almost felt the opposite (only because of wacky settings )

 

More and more I'm enjoying these, and sadly put my 880's back in their case to return tomorrow.

 

Wish I could swap the headbands on them as the 880 had a nice leather strap I could unhook while the T90, seems to be really skimped out on as far as comfort goes. I got used to the foam but still felt like they used a cheaper aired out foam on this vs the super nice cushion on the 880's though maybe it was that way due to the clamping force where the t90 is more laxed.


Edited by LunaP - 2/21/14 at 11:31pm
post #1779 of 2369

Congrats on your new purchase. :beerchug:. Sorry for your Wallet :D as you will now be tempted to spend more to unlock the full potential of your HP's.

Strange how perceptions differ, The first time I held the T90's I was very impressed with their build quality, which I found a clear step or two above the DT 880. Also I find the T90 headband much more comfortable & preferable to the DT 880.


Edited by punit - 2/21/14 at 11:54pm
post #1780 of 2369

 

 


Edited by kozmos - 2/22/14 at 5:42am
post #1781 of 2369
Quote:
Originally Posted by punit View Post
 

Congrats on your new purchase. :beerchug:. Sorry for your Wallet :D as you will now be tempted to spend more to unlock the full potential of your HP's.

Strange how perceptions differ, The first time I held the T90's I was very impressed with their build quality, which I found a clear step or two above the DT 880. Also I find the T90 headband much more comfortable & preferable to the DT 880.

Yeah I can't stop listening to them now, they're amazing. It was just bad settings in the beginning, not sure how that happenned. Un checked, then rechecked and it was back to normal. No insane brightness to date, and comfortable to listen to and LOVING the stage. Bought all of Ronald Jenkee's albums today, after listening to "Guitar Sound" and " Disorganized fun" on them, was just blown away.

 

880's were returned this morning, and not even missing them ! Purchase has been justified! I'm afraid of hearing on anything higher now as if it does sound better I'll end up buying in a heart beat, though for the moment I'm in bliss and entraced w/ the world these put me in.

post #1782 of 2369

More and more I am falling in love with these. 

 

Someone has to listen to a wide selection of music from different genres,  just gives his ears, his brain, and his hearing center some time to acclimate to the sound signature.

 

These really put my 598 and X1 to shame in terms of cleanness, airiness, transparency, and instrument separation. 

 

Once I put my HD 598 or X1 on my head, I notice all kinds of muffle action going on. The sound on them compared to the T 90 is congested and not as smooth and liquid. 

 

I was harsh on the T 90 at first. I even put up a review on amazon that I had to go back and delete. 

 

 

Besides some sibilance on some recordings, sound on these is beautiful and so natural that you forget you are hearing through headphones.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

This is my final conclusion :biggrin:.

post #1783 of 2369

What equalizer settings are you all using for these, if any? I'm using the three point parametric settings someone posted several pages back that has a dip at 6800 and 9500. I'm a noob when it comes to tweaking EQ haha

post #1784 of 2369
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeher View Post
 

What equalizer settings are you all using for these, if any? I'm using the three point parametric settings someone posted several pages back that has a dip at 6800 and 9500. I'm a noob when it comes to tweaking EQ haha

These are mine. I like a little bit more bass.

 

post #1785 of 2369

I'm having head pain with my T90s. I know it's them because I put my HD598 back on and it went away. Up till then I had considered it sinus related.

 

I *love* these damn headphones. Is there any way to help relieve some of this pain? I'm wondering if they're just too heavy vs what I'm used to.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Beyerdynamic T90 :D