These have certainly caught my attention in the course of my searching for my next set. How do they pair with the Schiit Vali?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productbeyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productbeyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productBeyerdynamic T 70 Over Ear Headphone, Black/Greytagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productBeyerdynamic T70ptagged by System, 5/23/12
- productBeyerdynamic T90 Premium Stereo Headphonetagged by rasmushorn, 5/4/13
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 5/23/12
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 5/23/12
Related Forum Threads
- Please Help me choose a headphone from this website.... AH-D7000, HD650, DT880, DT990, T70 Last post on 10/20/11 at 8:18pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Beyerdynamic T70 & T70p: Any Impressions? Last post on 7/15/11 at 4:31am in Headphones (full-size)
- First Impressions of the new Beyerdynamic T70p Last post on 7/24/14 at 8:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- [GUIDE] Sonic Differences Between DT770-DT990 Models & More Last post on 4/3/15 at 11:40pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Beyerdynamic Decisions..... Last post on 8/12/12 at 1:11pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank CTC Audio for providing me with a review sample of T-Peos Baguette IEMs in exchange for my honest opinion. This IEM is available at...
At the time this review was written, the T-Peos Amadeus dual hybrid earphone was on sale for $79.00 USD on CTC Audio’s website. Here is a link to a listing of their product at the time of the...
I recently upgraded my 16GB version to 64GB for less than 200 bucks. I wanted to upgrade to the newer models, but I'm not going to waste my money on something that can play the same music for more...
I am not an audiophile myself, rather a music lover, searching for the holy grail of SQ that repoduces life-like sound out from records BUILD QUALITY (CRAFTSMANSHIP) Very well done here,...
Cayin N6 Pros-quality build & sound, UI, neutralish, amp not needed Cons-battery life could be longer, large, gets warm Settings- low gain, soft, no eq. Note: I had an...
Beyerdynamic T90 :D - Page 101
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1502 of 29891/21/14 at 8:01pmQuote:
Well personally, I don't like the microphonics of the Vali, but in regards to sound quality, I found it depends a lot on the DAC.
The Schiit didn't sound amazing with the T90, but that's only because I believe the soundstage of the Vali is more closed-in.post #1503 of 29891/22/14 at 7:14am
I may be a little late to the game but I really liked the T90s. I sold them so I could purchase LCD-2s but I though the 90s really had a neutral sound with deep bass. I agree with Steve Guttenberg's review of them on CNET.post #1504 of 29891/22/14 at 7:42ampost #1505 of 29891/23/14 at 7:13pmQuote:
Ahh the one other headphone that is always on the back of my mind to buy.post #1506 of 29891/23/14 at 9:06pm
I heard the HD 800 for the first time today and while I think it beats the T90 on imaging, dimensionality, and stage, I think the T90 is competitive with the HD 800 in terms of clarity, detail, and treble.
For me personally, the treble of the T90 is more addicting and immediately pleasing than the HD 800. Don't get me wrong, I thought the HD 800 had fantastically detailed and engaging treble, but there's something magical about that T90 sparkle that I have yet to hear in any other headphone.post #1507 of 29891/24/14 at 12:08amQuote:
I have both right now: the LCD2 (REV 2) and the T90. I am really struggling to decide between the two. I am using both with my Colorfly C4. Both are loud enough. And the LCD2 has an extremely charming way to present the treble and the mids. What is strange is that the LCD2 known for its excellent bass, shows very few (in terms of quantity) with the Colorlfy C4. The T90 has more bass! I will now modify my C4 (different opreration amplifier and condensators). And then I will do a detailed comparison between the two and will sell the one who loose the fight.post #1508 of 29891/24/14 at 12:45ampost #1509 of 29891/24/14 at 1:32amQuote:
What do you want to know?
I personally preferred the T90 as an all-rounder. The HD700 sounds lovely with certain genres, but aren't the greatest for everything.post #1510 of 29891/24/14 at 1:58ampost #1511 of 29891/24/14 at 2:05am
That was why I bought the T90s in the first place - I loved my HD650s but wanted something with a different sound signature to compliment them.
After a few weeks though, I love the T90s and the HD650s sound muffled and low resolution in comparison. The T90s have ruined the HD650s for me. So yes the T90s have a very different sound and do compliment the HD650s in that regard but IMO they are also a vastly superior headphone. Of course as mentioned throughout this thread - depending on your ears, you will probable love or hate the sound.post #1512 of 29891/24/14 at 4:48ampost #1513 of 29891/24/14 at 9:42amQuote:
which one sounds more like your listening to speakers instead of HPs on your head? if they're close,to what degree?
related question,describe the sound/head stage for both. size and shape. also,imaging. how precise,height and depth.
do instruments seem large or small.
timbre. which sounds closer to the actual instruments. which is more natural?
their sound signature.
both are said to be kind of neutral but what stands out?
which has more forward vocals? compare the mids.
treble qualities and quantity. any strong peaks. one peak or several. which has more sibilance. which one stands out more compared to mids and bass..
bass qualities and quantity. quantity,extension,tighter,loser,impact,ect.. which stands out more from mids and treble.
did you try to extract the most of both by trying better equipment(amps and so forth).
do you have any hearing problems or damage?
what is your preferred sound signature.
clarity,resolution and details i'm sure the T90 is superior,is this correct? actually,i'm not so sure on which gives better details. do you find the higher clarity and resolution on the T90 fatiguing? which one can you listen to longer before fatigue sets in?
what genres would you assign for both? music(what type),movies(which is like sitting in a theatre vs studio),ect.. which handles very layered and complex rock that may include element of classical and jazz and changes in tempo and rhythm better?
thanks a lot. I think that's enough questions for a start. HA!post #1514 of 29891/24/14 at 10:13ampost #1515 of 29891/24/14 at 10:14am
First, thanks to all the contributors to this thread. I am just jumping into the headphone game (but have been a long time audio enthusiast with a pretty good speaker setup). After reading every post I could find I decided to purchase 3 headphones at the same time, then listen to all of them over a month or so, keep the one I like and then sell the other two.
Since I get my audiophile sound fix (i.e. neutral) from my speaker setup, I think I may be more interested in a slightly fun sound signature from my headphones to mix it up.
Therefore, I bought the HD600, HE-400 and the T90. The HD600 and HE-400 have now been through the burn-in process and the T-90's will have about 100 hours burn-in on them after today, then the 3-way shoot out begins.
Just based upon early listening sessions, I am currently leaning toward keeping the T90 or HE-400, but we shall see.
- Beyerdynamic T90 :D
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Cayin N6 DAP: Dual PCM1792, BTL Amplication Circuit, 24/192,... 19 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 45 seconds ago
- › Post A Photograph Of Your Turntable 2 minutes ago
- › Melodious XM-U8 USB Interface 8 Core XMOS chip 2 minutes ago
- › Gustard U12 USB Interface 8 Core XMOS chip 5 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 5 minutes ago
- › Why 24 bit audio and anything over 48k is not only worthless, but... 8 minutes ago
- › WTB: Colorfly C3 9 minutes ago
- › Finding a DAC for the Cavalli Liquid Carbon. Only Four Months to Go. 13 minutes ago
- › AKG K3003 High End 3 Way System Headphone 14 minutes ago
- › T-Peos Baguette Dynamic Earphones by twister6
- › T-Peos Amadeus dual hybrid in-ear monitor with microphone and remote by Hisoundfi
- › Apple iPhone 4S 16GB - AT&T - Black by snellemin
- › OPPO HA-2 by gerelmx1986
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by peareye
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by dnun8086
- › Luxury & Precision LP5 32bit DSD Portable Lossless Music Player by daduy
- › AWEI ES-900i Headset Earphones Speakers with Mic for Smart Phone -... by mrplt
- › AKG K712 Pro by KopaZ
- › Noontec Hammo S Over Ear Headphone Audiophile Sound Stylish Looking... by twister6
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2