These have certainly caught my attention in the course of my searching for my next set. How do they pair with the Schiit Vali?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productbeyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productbeyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productBeyerdynamic T 70 Over Ear Headphone, Black/Greytagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productBeyerdynamic T70ptagged by System, 5/23/12
- productBeyerdynamic T90 Premium Stereo Headphonetagged by rasmushorn, 5/4/13
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 5/23/12
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 5/23/12
Related Forum Threads
- Please Help me choose a headphone from this website.... AH-D7000, HD650, DT880, DT990, T70 Last post on 10/20/11 at 8:18pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Beyerdynamic T70 & T70p: Any Impressions? Last post on 7/15/11 at 4:31am in Headphones (full-size)
- First Impressions of the new Beyerdynamic T70p Last post on 6/22/15 at 12:23am in Headphones (full-size)
- [GUIDE] Sonic Differences Between DT770-DT990 Models & More Last post on 6/19/15 at 5:59am in Headphones (full-size)
- Beyerdynamic Decisions..... Last post on 8/12/12 at 1:11pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
***This is a tl;dr: review. please refer to other reviews for a more in-depth analysis on their amazing sound.*** For $100, you simply won't be getting anything better sound-wise than these cans,...
I own 3 High-end headphones ( HD 600, HD-650s, and HE 500s) and this amplifier does everything I want it to do. The headphones have been driven with authority, speed and transparency. The sound is...
Disclaimer: I would like to thank www.hifinage.com and Fidue for this review sample.I was supposed to keep it...
I received by LG for review purposes. Here are my thoughts are 6 weeks. Aesthetics. The unique ‘on-neck horse-shoe’ design is inconspicuous sits neatly and discreetly around the neck line....
Signature Acoustics C-12: The Elemental Underdog Woodies Company Background Audiophiles love music, especially when played from high quality audio products that contain several different...
Beyerdynamic T90 :D - Page 101
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1502 of 30671/21/14 at 8:01pmQuote:
Well personally, I don't like the microphonics of the Vali, but in regards to sound quality, I found it depends a lot on the DAC.
The Schiit didn't sound amazing with the T90, but that's only because I believe the soundstage of the Vali is more closed-in.post #1503 of 30671/22/14 at 7:14am
I may be a little late to the game but I really liked the T90s. I sold them so I could purchase LCD-2s but I though the 90s really had a neutral sound with deep bass. I agree with Steve Guttenberg's review of them on CNET.post #1504 of 30671/22/14 at 7:42ampost #1505 of 30671/23/14 at 7:13pmQuote:
Ahh the one other headphone that is always on the back of my mind to buy.post #1506 of 30671/23/14 at 9:06pm
I heard the HD 800 for the first time today and while I think it beats the T90 on imaging, dimensionality, and stage, I think the T90 is competitive with the HD 800 in terms of clarity, detail, and treble.
For me personally, the treble of the T90 is more addicting and immediately pleasing than the HD 800. Don't get me wrong, I thought the HD 800 had fantastically detailed and engaging treble, but there's something magical about that T90 sparkle that I have yet to hear in any other headphone.post #1507 of 30671/24/14 at 12:08amQuote:
I have both right now: the LCD2 (REV 2) and the T90. I am really struggling to decide between the two. I am using both with my Colorfly C4. Both are loud enough. And the LCD2 has an extremely charming way to present the treble and the mids. What is strange is that the LCD2 known for its excellent bass, shows very few (in terms of quantity) with the Colorlfy C4. The T90 has more bass! I will now modify my C4 (different opreration amplifier and condensators). And then I will do a detailed comparison between the two and will sell the one who loose the fight.post #1508 of 30671/24/14 at 12:45ampost #1509 of 30671/24/14 at 1:32amQuote:
What do you want to know?
I personally preferred the T90 as an all-rounder. The HD700 sounds lovely with certain genres, but aren't the greatest for everything.post #1510 of 30671/24/14 at 1:58ampost #1511 of 30671/24/14 at 2:05am
That was why I bought the T90s in the first place - I loved my HD650s but wanted something with a different sound signature to compliment them.
After a few weeks though, I love the T90s and the HD650s sound muffled and low resolution in comparison. The T90s have ruined the HD650s for me. So yes the T90s have a very different sound and do compliment the HD650s in that regard but IMO they are also a vastly superior headphone. Of course as mentioned throughout this thread - depending on your ears, you will probable love or hate the sound.post #1512 of 30671/24/14 at 4:48ampost #1513 of 30671/24/14 at 9:42amQuote:
which one sounds more like your listening to speakers instead of HPs on your head? if they're close,to what degree?
related question,describe the sound/head stage for both. size and shape. also,imaging. how precise,height and depth.
do instruments seem large or small.
timbre. which sounds closer to the actual instruments. which is more natural?
their sound signature.
both are said to be kind of neutral but what stands out?
which has more forward vocals? compare the mids.
treble qualities and quantity. any strong peaks. one peak or several. which has more sibilance. which one stands out more compared to mids and bass..
bass qualities and quantity. quantity,extension,tighter,loser,impact,ect.. which stands out more from mids and treble.
did you try to extract the most of both by trying better equipment(amps and so forth).
do you have any hearing problems or damage?
what is your preferred sound signature.
clarity,resolution and details i'm sure the T90 is superior,is this correct? actually,i'm not so sure on which gives better details. do you find the higher clarity and resolution on the T90 fatiguing? which one can you listen to longer before fatigue sets in?
what genres would you assign for both? music(what type),movies(which is like sitting in a theatre vs studio),ect.. which handles very layered and complex rock that may include element of classical and jazz and changes in tempo and rhythm better?
thanks a lot. I think that's enough questions for a start. HA!post #1514 of 30671/24/14 at 10:13ampost #1515 of 30671/24/14 at 10:14am
First, thanks to all the contributors to this thread. I am just jumping into the headphone game (but have been a long time audio enthusiast with a pretty good speaker setup). After reading every post I could find I decided to purchase 3 headphones at the same time, then listen to all of them over a month or so, keep the one I like and then sell the other two.
Since I get my audiophile sound fix (i.e. neutral) from my speaker setup, I think I may be more interested in a slightly fun sound signature from my headphones to mix it up.
Therefore, I bought the HD600, HE-400 and the T90. The HD600 and HE-400 have now been through the burn-in process and the T-90's will have about 100 hours burn-in on them after today, then the 3-way shoot out begins.
Just based upon early listening sessions, I am currently leaning toward keeping the T90 or HE-400, but we shall see.
- Beyerdynamic T90 :D
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 6 minutes ago
- › New iBasso Portable Amp/DAC: iBasso D14 "Bushmaster" 7 minutes ago
- › Moon Nēo 430HA Reference Headphone Amplifier 8 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 9 minutes ago
- › On a mission to like jazz 9 minutes ago
- › Cayin N5 DAP - Rumours and Discussion Thread 10 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 11 minutes ago
- › iDAC2 is a coming - internal discussions 15 minutes ago
- › Amp recommendations for Audeze LCD-2 20 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser PX-100 II alternatives? I need something more airy 24 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by AvidlyEclectic
- › Schiit Asgard 2 by GustavoL1
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by vaibhavp
- › LG Electronics TONE INFINIM Bluetooth Stereo Headset - Retail... by lwbanerjee
- › Signature Acoustics Elements Series C-12 by vlenbo
- › Soundmagic E80 in-ear monitor headphone by twister6
- › Puro Sound Labs - IEM500 Earphones by BloodyPenguin
- › Matrix M-Stage by YoYo JoKeR
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by Dokins
- › Fidue A65 - Titanium micro dynamic driver IEM by DJScope
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)