These have certainly caught my attention in the course of my searching for my next set. How do they pair with the Schiit Vali?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productbeyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productbeyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productBeyerdynamic T 70 Over Ear Headphone, Black/Greytagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productBeyerdynamic T70ptagged by System, 5/23/12
- productBeyerdynamic T90 Premium Stereo Headphonetagged by rasmushorn, 5/4/13
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 5/23/12
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 5/23/12
Related Forum Threads
- Please Help me choose a headphone from this website.... AH-D7000, HD650, DT880, DT990, T70 Last post on 10/20/11 at 8:18pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Beyerdynamic T70 & T70p: Any Impressions? Last post on 7/15/11 at 4:31am in Headphones (full-size)
- First Impressions of the new Beyerdynamic T70p Last post on 6/18/14 at 7:24am in Headphones (full-size)
- Any real alternative to D2000 (DT880 pro?) Last post on 7/12/12 at 2:57am in Headphones (full-size)
- Didn’t get on with ADH-2000 how about DT-880 or DT-990? Last post on 3/2/12 at 2:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I like to mod…yes, I am one of those head-fiers. My specific area of interest is Grados, and wooden cups for them. I delight in sourcing cups, finding the drivers, and transforming a prosaic...
The Korean company really needs no introduction at this point. They have proven themselves as a capable IEM maker with a series of top of the line hybrid as well as some good sound yet budget...
These iems are better than some entry levels (Shure 215/ hifiman RE0/ RE 400/ Sennheiser CX300) with a wider soundstage due to the 13mm dynamic driver , however need serious burn in for at least 50...
First, I’d like to thank the folks at Narmoo for providing a sample of their R1M earphones for review. In recent years, the IEM market has sort of exploded, seeing a number of established...
I work with Trance music most ... Before The New released update 3.0 for the thing i wasn't really satisfied with its quality of sound in trance ...but the update Changed everything ,EVERYthing...
Beyerdynamic T90 :D - Page 101
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1502 of 22251/21/14 at 8:01pmQuote:
Well personally, I don't like the microphonics of the Vali, but in regards to sound quality, I found it depends a lot on the DAC.
The Schiit didn't sound amazing with the T90, but that's only because I believe the soundstage of the Vali is more closed-in.post #1503 of 22251/22/14 at 7:14am
I may be a little late to the game but I really liked the T90s. I sold them so I could purchase LCD-2s but I though the 90s really had a neutral sound with deep bass. I agree with Steve Guttenberg's review of them on CNET.post #1504 of 22251/22/14 at 7:42ampost #1505 of 22251/23/14 at 7:13pmQuote:
Ahh the one other headphone that is always on the back of my mind to buy.post #1506 of 22251/23/14 at 9:06pm
I heard the HD 800 for the first time today and while I think it beats the T90 on imaging, dimensionality, and stage, I think the T90 is competitive with the HD 800 in terms of clarity, detail, and treble.
For me personally, the treble of the T90 is more addicting and immediately pleasing than the HD 800. Don't get me wrong, I thought the HD 800 had fantastically detailed and engaging treble, but there's something magical about that T90 sparkle that I have yet to hear in any other headphone.post #1507 of 22251/24/14 at 12:08amQuote:
I have both right now: the LCD2 (REV 2) and the T90. I am really struggling to decide between the two. I am using both with my Colorfly C4. Both are loud enough. And the LCD2 has an extremely charming way to present the treble and the mids. What is strange is that the LCD2 known for its excellent bass, shows very few (in terms of quantity) with the Colorlfy C4. The T90 has more bass! I will now modify my C4 (different opreration amplifier and condensators). And then I will do a detailed comparison between the two and will sell the one who loose the fight.post #1508 of 22251/24/14 at 12:45ampost #1509 of 22251/24/14 at 1:32amQuote:
What do you want to know?
I personally preferred the T90 as an all-rounder. The HD700 sounds lovely with certain genres, but aren't the greatest for everything.post #1510 of 22251/24/14 at 1:58ampost #1511 of 22251/24/14 at 2:05am
That was why I bought the T90s in the first place - I loved my HD650s but wanted something with a different sound signature to compliment them.
After a few weeks though, I love the T90s and the HD650s sound muffled and low resolution in comparison. The T90s have ruined the HD650s for me. So yes the T90s have a very different sound and do compliment the HD650s in that regard but IMO they are also a vastly superior headphone. Of course as mentioned throughout this thread - depending on your ears, you will probable love or hate the sound.post #1512 of 22251/24/14 at 4:48ampost #1513 of 22251/24/14 at 9:42amQuote:
which one sounds more like your listening to speakers instead of HPs on your head? if they're close,to what degree?
related question,describe the sound/head stage for both. size and shape. also,imaging. how precise,height and depth.
do instruments seem large or small.
timbre. which sounds closer to the actual instruments. which is more natural?
their sound signature.
both are said to be kind of neutral but what stands out?
which has more forward vocals? compare the mids.
treble qualities and quantity. any strong peaks. one peak or several. which has more sibilance. which one stands out more compared to mids and bass..
bass qualities and quantity. quantity,extension,tighter,loser,impact,ect.. which stands out more from mids and treble.
did you try to extract the most of both by trying better equipment(amps and so forth).
do you have any hearing problems or damage?
what is your preferred sound signature.
clarity,resolution and details i'm sure the T90 is superior,is this correct? actually,i'm not so sure on which gives better details. do you find the higher clarity and resolution on the T90 fatiguing? which one can you listen to longer before fatigue sets in?
what genres would you assign for both? music(what type),movies(which is like sitting in a theatre vs studio),ect.. which handles very layered and complex rock that may include element of classical and jazz and changes in tempo and rhythm better?
thanks a lot. I think that's enough questions for a start. HA!post #1514 of 22251/24/14 at 10:13ampost #1515 of 22251/24/14 at 10:14am
First, thanks to all the contributors to this thread. I am just jumping into the headphone game (but have been a long time audio enthusiast with a pretty good speaker setup). After reading every post I could find I decided to purchase 3 headphones at the same time, then listen to all of them over a month or so, keep the one I like and then sell the other two.
Since I get my audiophile sound fix (i.e. neutral) from my speaker setup, I think I may be more interested in a slightly fun sound signature from my headphones to mix it up.
Therefore, I bought the HD600, HE-400 and the T90. The HD600 and HE-400 have now been through the burn-in process and the T-90's will have about 100 hours burn-in on them after today, then the 3-way shoot out begins.
Just based upon early listening sessions, I am currently leaning toward keeping the T90 or HE-400, but we shall see.
- Beyerdynamic T90 :D
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › The Official JRPG Thread (aka Japanese Role Playing Games) 51 seconds ago
- › iFi Audio Nano iDSD announced 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › AKG Q701 replacement part 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Eddie Current 4-45 Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Help me- Pops-crackles, what usually causes them, what I can do to... 6 minutes ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 6 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 6 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 7 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Grado Hybrid a.k.a. SennGrado by fleasbaby
- › T-Peos Altone200 by ClieOS
- › SONY MDR-XB30EX-B Black | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese... by francopro
- › NarMoo R1M High-Fidelity Noise Isolation Headphones with Mic by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by ash47
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by shak85
- › C&C BH Portable Headphone Amp by shak85
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by cel4145
- › TDK BA200 by Ch1Kn
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Xyrium
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)