Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Beyerdynamic T90 :D
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Beyerdynamic T90 :D - Page 77

post #1141 of 2537
Quote:
Originally Posted by cute View Post
 

Anyone recabled these to dual entry, upgraded wire?  These sound very good stock, but the single entry not my favorite.  I have DHC Peptide braided and waiting, can't help but think it would really be a good match.  I have about every DHC wire available, using the DHC Peptide on my DT 880 600 ohm.  Just out of the box today, and with my gears/tube amp, best headphones I have heard by far.  Could live with them with the stock cable, sounds very good, may decide to tinker......would like some feedback.  To my ears all of my DHC cables have improved on the original wire where used, can't imagine how these could sound with the change!  Using jRiver MC with crossfeed and audiophile settings, these are really bringing some new life to my library!

 

Feedback!

 

Did this!  Dual entry with DHC Peptide type 2 litz, lost that artificial sound that the stock cable had.  The Peptide cable offers a more natural sound the the T90, more refined details, better texture to the low end.  Lost that inside a box sound of the original cable!

post #1142 of 2537

I only listen through my home gears, and I EQ with jRiver MC 18, using this Golden Ears graph for reference.  Has anyone with iphone/etc, downloaded the Accudio app shown in this link.  Accudio lets you automatically optimize many different headphones/iems!  Unfortunately I don't use portable phone for listening, but for $4.99 app it may be worthwhile for some!

 

http://en.goldenears.net/index.php?mid=GR_Headphones&search_target=tag&search_keyword=beyerdynamic&document_srl=13369

post #1143 of 2537

How hard was the recable?

post #1144 of 2537

Fragile termination pads on the drivers, make it something only for those experienced with soldering techniques.  Some headfiers ruin their drivers with too much heat, wouldn't advise without experience.  I had no problem with my DT880's or T90's, but I have made dozens of Sennheiser cables, and direct wired a half dozen other headphones!  This voids the warranty as well

post #1145 of 2537

Hi folks, are these worth £100/$160~ more than the T70?

 

People don't seem to rate the T70 all that highly, but love these...

 

I don't mind closed vs open but I'm more familiar with the former. Is that the only real difference?

 

I also have the Denon D600's in the frame and they're obviously cheaper. It's just for general use, music/movies/games (in that order).

 

Any thoughts?

post #1146 of 2537
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbo View Post

Hi folks, are these worth £100/$160~ more than the T70?

People don't seem to rate the T70 all that highly, but love these...

I don't mind closed vs open but I'm more familiar with the former. Is that the only real difference?

I also have the Denon D600's in the frame and they're obviously cheaper. It's just for general use, music/movies/games (in that order).

Any thoughts?
The T90s are loved/hated as well. It's pretty split even amongst Beyer fans. I haven't heard the T70s myself but from what I've read, the T70s lack bass but everything else is clean and crisp.
post #1147 of 2537
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrEleventy View Post


The T90s are loved/hated as well. It's pretty split even amongst Beyer fans. I haven't heard the T70s myself but from what I've read, the T70s lack bass but everything else is clean and crisp.


Fair enough, the T90's definitely seem more popular though, at least that's the impression I get.

post #1148 of 2537
I love my pair of T90s. For me, it was well worth the $500 that I spent. But to be fair, I haven't heard anything else so I can't say it's the best at it's price point, just that it really works for me and my ears/preference. I prefer a neutral-ish signature and don't mind a bright-lean. I like treble but I won't say that I'm a treblehead. I can't take too much of it, thus I didn't like the DT990s as much. You can check my profile for some other cans that I have/had as a reference point. atomicbob seems to think they're a bargain and he has/had higher tiered cans.

E: Another research point, Dave Mahler's Flagship comparison ranks the DT880 around the middle at 28 overall but is ranked 4 when price comes into play. The T1 is ranked 14 and 13. T90 is half the price of the T1 and better than the 880s. Just my opinion but, I think they would rank in the Top 10 price wise.
Edited by MrEleventy - 11/1/13 at 11:23am
post #1149 of 2537
In my opinion only a well driven HE-500 is better in this price range. But the HE-500 is less comfortable and harder to drive to a comparable level of sound quality. Also it's harder to get the HE-500 on sale with its strict pricing. T90 is normally $650 and HE-500 is $700. Got mine both on sale for $150 off those prices.
post #1150 of 2537

Thanks guys.

 

I just need to pick between the T70 and T90 now, both of them seem to be available to me at better prices than their competitors (that are generally not considered to be as good).


I really need to try them, though this may prove slightly difficult if the shop don't allow it. I've never owned a pair of open headphones before but in theory they sound like something I'd enjoy.

 

The T70 are quite a lot cheaper, which certainly appeals (why wouldn't it), but if I find the T90's a much better sounding headphone then I wouldn't hesitate to pay the extra...

post #1151 of 2537
I'm enjoying my T90s a lot. I felt that my quest for good sounding cans was over. I just bought the momentums on ear for portability and looks but I was done for high quality.
However I can get the T1s on sale and my resolution is beginning to crumble.
Please save my wallet and the sanity of my wife, and convince me that I don't need those T1s!
post #1152 of 2537
Quote:
Originally Posted by gatucho View Post

Please save my wallet and the sanity of my wife, and convince me that I don't need those T1s!


One could point to the many reviews that say the performance of the T90 is almost identical to the T1, then point to the price difference. Granted, I just bought mine without hearing them, but I have to buy everything without hearing it. One reviewer said the T90 was 95-97% of the T1. I don't know what the consensus is here, but if that's remotely true it's not worth spending more. Put it away for a rainy day. 

post #1153 of 2537
Well, you are in fact quite convincing! My wallet suspires in relief.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbarrentine View Post


One could point to the many reviews that say the performance of the T90 is almost identical to the T1, then point to the price difference. Granted, I just bought mine without hearing them, but I have to buy everything without hearing it. One reviewer said the T90 was 95-97% of the T1. I don't know what the consensus is here, but if that's remotely true it's not worth spending more. Put it away for a rainy day. 
post #1154 of 2537

I've been doing a lot of reading and overall, there doesn't seem to be a big difference between the T90 and T1 - at all.

 

That's not to say there aren't differences, but I bet you've got to be rather keen to pick them out/really enjoy them.

post #1155 of 2537
Quote:
Originally Posted by gatucho View Post

Well, you are in fact quite convincing! My wallet suspires in relief.

 

Here's that review I mentioned: 

http://www.headphonereviewhq.com/reviews/headphone-reviews/beyerdynamic-t90-review/

 

This guy was very pleased. He has a youtube video as well reviewing it and seems very earnest about his impressions. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Beyerdynamic T90 :D