Recent Images In This Thread
- productbeyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productbeyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productBeyerdynamic T 70 Over Ear Headphone, Black/Greytagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productBeyerdynamic T70ptagged by System, 5/23/12
- productBeyerdynamic T90 Premium Stereo Headphonetagged by rasmushorn, 5/4/13
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 5/23/12
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 5/23/12
Related Forum Threads
- Please Help me choose a headphone from this website.... AH-D7000, HD650, DT880, DT990, T70 Last post on 10/20/11 at 8:18pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Beyerdynamic T70 & T70p: Any Impressions? Last post on 7/15/11 at 4:31am in Headphones (full-size)
- First Impressions of the new Beyerdynamic T70p Last post on 7/24/14 at 8:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- Any real alternative to D2000 (DT880 pro?) Last post on 7/12/12 at 2:57am in Headphones (full-size)
- Didn’t get on with ADH-2000 how about DT-880 or DT-990? Last post on 3/2/12 at 2:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
“You know, I’ve never owned any Schi….um, any of your products..” I was saying to Jason Stoddard in LA in March. Indeed, the last time I’d sampled anything from his company was years ago at a meet...
I am new to head-fi and this is my first ever review. Basically I joined head-fi to read people's expert opinions on different products, as I'm not an audiophile and do not know much about the...
Alessandro Music Series MS1i Black Walnut Cups $169 Big thanks to JoeDoe of Head-Fi as he performed the cup installation as well as the swapping out the headband. I paid a little more for mine...
Value: I got these for $207 and at twice the price they'd be a great buy. Sound: If the next sentence seems defensive, it's not. it's an assertion of the sound quality of the HD598s. I've been in...
I'll refrain from writing an extensive review this time, as everything important has already been shown and written down in the other reviews here on head-fi. I second those opinions and can...
Beyerdynamic T90 :D - Page 75post #1111 of 248510/25/13 at 6:32am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1112 of 248510/25/13 at 7:44amQuote:
indeed, they are a little hard to come by, non the less they appretnly make the DT 880s bassier than an X1? I've never tried the J$ with my 880... never felt any reason topost #1113 of 248510/27/13 at 8:39pmListening to T90 on a Zana Deux SE. OTL magic on steroids meets headphone magic. Distance My Demons, Pink Floyd, Wycliffe Gordon, Jennifer Warnes, Bela Fleck, all just the beginning of a delightful auditory experience.post #1114 of 248510/27/13 at 9:06pm
Just picked up a T90 myself early last week, and have been loving it! Superb clarity and separation, and I've been noticing things I haven't before with my HD558's. Just wonderful.
I noticed while reading through this thread that several people, including myself, have been having sibilance issues with the T90. Is this something that resolves over time as they burn in? Also, my Amp/DAC combo is the Fiio E09K/E17. I've heard this combo is known to be more on the forward themselves, and I think it is contributing to my sibilance issue.
I'm planning on upgrading to the Bottlehead Crack amp in the next few months. Can anyone shed some light on how the mids/highs are influenced by the Crack? Also, is there a better-fitted DAC that is more relaxed?post #1115 of 248510/27/13 at 9:29pmpost #1116 of 248510/27/13 at 9:31pm
Yeah that's what I've been hearing! I'm excited to try it when I get the chance. Have you ever had any sibilance trouble with the T90? Or, have you noticed the Crack helps with easing the (sometimes) harsh treble at all in general?
Edited by Btdk34 - 10/27/13 at 9:33pmpost #1117 of 248510/27/13 at 9:41pmpost #1118 of 248510/27/13 at 10:30pm
There will for the most part be silibance problems on some brighter mastering due to the massive treble spike. It'll always be there short of amplifying with something with a weak/underemphasis top end.
Even the T1 can be similar on recordings that are just that way.post #1119 of 248510/28/13 at 6:02ampost #1120 of 248510/28/13 at 6:54ampost #1121 of 248510/28/13 at 8:45am
Saren & adydula both have good points about the variability of recordings. Mix and mastering engineers skills vary in the industry, musicians and producers have different tastes. So one recording may be very well balanced across the spectrum, another is bass heavy and yet another may lean to the bright side of the spectrum. During mix & mastering sessions listening fatigue also can play a factor. The better producers and engineers will let a session rest for a day or so and then evaluate again. During fatigue, our ears tend to dull on the high frequencies and the natural tendency is to brighten the mix or master.
So my comments about not having an issue with sibilance on the T90 apply to recordings that are not sibilant to begin with. The T90 will be unforgiving of a sibilant recording.
Edited by atomicbob - 10/28/13 at 8:57ampost #1122 of 248510/28/13 at 8:58ampost #1123 of 248510/28/13 at 9:13am
Both the Crack and Woo WA3+ can roll different tubes to great effect. 6080 and 6AS7g can range from mostly transparent to what I call the auditory equivalent of rose colored glasses. The latter can help less than stellar recordings sound pretty decent. If all I had was a Crack and T90, I could live with that very well thank-you.post #1124 of 248510/28/13 at 12:34pmpost #1125 of 248510/28/13 at 12:57pmQuote:
Given I don't have to live with just one and that transparency is also important, you have an excellent example of a transparent system. Add the Crack for one of each, transparent and tube magic, with ODAC feeding either as desired. I do live with that combo often and the T90. Yes, I am also exploring the excellent sound of the ZDSE with the T90, but the aforementioned two amp system has delivered and will continue to give many hours of listening enjoyment.
- Beyerdynamic T90 :D
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Returning TDK WR700 need budget recommendations 59 seconds ago
- › Cowon J3 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 4 minutes ago
- › sennheiser IE 60 or Steelseries Flux in-ear pro? 5 minutes ago
- › The DX90 by iBasso . . . Sound impressions . . . . . . . New... 5 minutes ago
- › Android phones and USB DACs 5 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 6 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 7 minutes ago
- › Is there any benefits to SNR higher than 110 dB? 7 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 8 minutes ago
- › Schiit Audio Valhalla 2 by Currawong
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by harshkamboj
- › Alessandro MS1i by Mshenay
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by ringofoaksmusic
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by AManAnd88Keys
- › Dunu DN-1000 by chupacabra314
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by Loquah
- › Sennheiser HD 201 Headphones by LMNproyect
- › ASUS Xonar Essence ST Headphone 7.1-Channel Audio Card for Audiophiles by Vartan
- › Wireless Stereo Headset by Bugattikid2012
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)