Recent Images In This Thread
- productbeyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productbeyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productBeyerdynamic T 70 Over Ear Headphone, Black/Greytagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productBeyerdynamic T70ptagged by System, 5/23/12
- productBeyerdynamic T90 Premium Stereo Headphonetagged by rasmushorn, 5/4/13
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 5/23/12
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 5/23/12
Related Forum Threads
- Please Help me choose a headphone from this website.... AH-D7000, HD650, DT880, DT990, T70 Last post on 10/20/11 at 8:18pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Beyerdynamic T70 & T70p: Any Impressions? Last post on 7/15/11 at 4:31am in Headphones (full-size)
- First Impressions of the new Beyerdynamic T70p Last post on 6/22/15 at 12:23am in Headphones (full-size)
- [GUIDE] Sonic Differences Between DT770-DT990 Models & More Last post on 7/27/15 at 12:39am in Headphones (full-size)
- Beyerdynamic Decisions..... Last post on 8/12/12 at 1:11pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Purchased these this week, and had them replaced with another set - which exhibited the same flaw. Two may be a curse, but they both did the same thing so I would be wary. When on standby,...
Synopsis: The RD3 is part of the next generation of earphones from Rhapsodio. Powered by a single high-end dynamic driver, it has a warm sound and a hearty bass response. The RD3’s design...
Synopsis: The Spectrum Series G10 is the next generation universal fit stage monitor from Future Sonics. Replacing the Atrio with a new driver, housing, and cables, the G10 surpasses it in detail...
Introduction: I received the Cayin N6 as a tour unit that was generously provided by CTC Audio. CTC Audio focuses on making brands that aren’t as accessible in North America, mostly from Asia,...
The Shure SE215 is the first IEM I owned and was the one that brought me in head-fi. I got mine for around $95 at the time after reading some reviews online here and there. Since then, I've learned...
Beyerdynamic T90 :D - Page 75post #1111 of 314110/25/13 at 6:32am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1112 of 314110/25/13 at 7:44amQuote:
indeed, they are a little hard to come by, non the less they appretnly make the DT 880s bassier than an X1? I've never tried the J$ with my 880... never felt any reason topost #1113 of 314110/27/13 at 8:39pmListening to T90 on a Zana Deux SE. OTL magic on steroids meets headphone magic. Distance My Demons, Pink Floyd, Wycliffe Gordon, Jennifer Warnes, Bela Fleck, all just the beginning of a delightful auditory experience.post #1114 of 314110/27/13 at 9:06pm
Just picked up a T90 myself early last week, and have been loving it! Superb clarity and separation, and I've been noticing things I haven't before with my HD558's. Just wonderful.
I noticed while reading through this thread that several people, including myself, have been having sibilance issues with the T90. Is this something that resolves over time as they burn in? Also, my Amp/DAC combo is the Fiio E09K/E17. I've heard this combo is known to be more on the forward themselves, and I think it is contributing to my sibilance issue.
I'm planning on upgrading to the Bottlehead Crack amp in the next few months. Can anyone shed some light on how the mids/highs are influenced by the Crack? Also, is there a better-fitted DAC that is more relaxed?post #1115 of 314110/27/13 at 9:29pmpost #1116 of 314110/27/13 at 9:31pm
Yeah that's what I've been hearing! I'm excited to try it when I get the chance. Have you ever had any sibilance trouble with the T90? Or, have you noticed the Crack helps with easing the (sometimes) harsh treble at all in general?
Edited by Btdk34 - 10/27/13 at 9:33pmpost #1117 of 314110/27/13 at 9:41pmpost #1118 of 314110/27/13 at 10:30pm
There will for the most part be silibance problems on some brighter mastering due to the massive treble spike. It'll always be there short of amplifying with something with a weak/underemphasis top end.
Even the T1 can be similar on recordings that are just that way.post #1119 of 314110/28/13 at 6:02ampost #1120 of 314110/28/13 at 6:54ampost #1121 of 314110/28/13 at 8:45am
Saren & adydula both have good points about the variability of recordings. Mix and mastering engineers skills vary in the industry, musicians and producers have different tastes. So one recording may be very well balanced across the spectrum, another is bass heavy and yet another may lean to the bright side of the spectrum. During mix & mastering sessions listening fatigue also can play a factor. The better producers and engineers will let a session rest for a day or so and then evaluate again. During fatigue, our ears tend to dull on the high frequencies and the natural tendency is to brighten the mix or master.
So my comments about not having an issue with sibilance on the T90 apply to recordings that are not sibilant to begin with. The T90 will be unforgiving of a sibilant recording.
Edited by atomicbob - 10/28/13 at 8:57ampost #1122 of 314110/28/13 at 8:58ampost #1123 of 314110/28/13 at 9:13am
Both the Crack and Woo WA3+ can roll different tubes to great effect. 6080 and 6AS7g can range from mostly transparent to what I call the auditory equivalent of rose colored glasses. The latter can help less than stellar recordings sound pretty decent. If all I had was a Crack and T90, I could live with that very well thank-you.post #1124 of 314110/28/13 at 12:34pmpost #1125 of 314110/28/13 at 12:57pmQuote:
Given I don't have to live with just one and that transparency is also important, you have an excellent example of a transparent system. Add the Crack for one of each, transparent and tube magic, with ODAC feeding either as desired. I do live with that combo often and the T90. Yes, I am also exploring the excellent sound of the ZDSE with the T90, but the aforementioned two amp system has delivered and will continue to give many hours of listening enjoyment.
- Beyerdynamic T90 :D
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Soundmagic E10 vs Xiaomi Piston 2.0 1 minute ago
- › FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread 1 minute ago
- › Looking for ~$60 headphones for home use on a PC without a... 3 minutes ago
- › Why are HD700's ~$500 4 minutes ago
- › [DIY] Sony A10 series Audio Player's USB OTG cable for Oppo HA-2 5 minutes ago
- › SMSL VMV VA1 headphone amplifier 5 minutes ago
- › upgrading from an Audio Technica ATH-A700x 6 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (5/31/2015: Beyer COP+ and... 7 minutes ago
- › The Best IEM's for Bass are...... (The IEM Bass club) 7 minutes ago
- › SONY NWZ-A10 Series 8 minutes ago
- › Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 THX Certified Computer Speaker System by Fademan77
- › Rhapsodio RD3 Hi-Fi Grade Dynamic In-Ear Monitor by Kunlun
- › Future Sonics Spectrum Series: G10 by Kunlun
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by Cotnijoe
- › Shure SE215 by KewStone
- › VSONIC GR07 by MRC001
- › Tube Amp LF-15 by ClieOS
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by goodyfresh
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-80 by goodyfresh
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by snellemin
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3