Recent Images In This Thread
- productbeyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productbeyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productBeyerdynamic T 70 Over Ear Headphone, Black/Greytagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productBeyerdynamic T70ptagged by System, 5/23/12
- productBeyerdynamic T90 Premium Stereo Headphonetagged by rasmushorn, 5/4/13
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 5/23/12
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 5/23/12
Related Forum Threads
- Please Help me choose a headphone from this website.... AH-D7000, HD650, DT880, DT990, T70 Last post on 10/20/11 at 8:18pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Beyerdynamic T70 & T70p: Any Impressions? Last post on 7/15/11 at 4:31am in Headphones (full-size)
- First Impressions of the new Beyerdynamic T70p Last post on 7/24/14 at 8:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- Any real alternative to D2000 (DT880 pro?) Last post on 7/12/12 at 2:57am in Headphones (full-size)
- Didn’t get on with ADH-2000 how about DT-880 or DT-990? Last post on 3/2/12 at 2:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I've owned the Sennheiser Momentum for about a year now. Though it is aesthetically pleasing, and very sturdy overall, I can honestly say that it isn't worth the $300. I enjoyed the mids, which...
Not quite a review but thought I'd quote my recent observations. Quote: Originally Posted by Rob80b Well the K712s showed up, just doing some preliminary comparison with my K701s with the...
First, a big thanks to Todd The Vinyl Junkie for making the 'e' series loaner program possible. To the next guy in line: sorry I kept them for so long. The very first pair of 'high-end'...
A big thanks to TekFusion for sending the TwinWoofer in for review and Ibrahim for taking the photo shots! TekFusion is a brand new fresh company based in India. Targeted for consumer...
I enjoy these headphones very much. A beautiful sound, clear and natural with a tight bass. I am a bit surprised such small cans can sounds so good. The wood finish might not suit everyone, but...
Beyerdynamic T90 :D - Page 75post #1111 of 231610/25/13 at 6:32am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1112 of 231610/25/13 at 7:44amQuote:
indeed, they are a little hard to come by, non the less they appretnly make the DT 880s bassier than an X1? I've never tried the J$ with my 880... never felt any reason topost #1113 of 231610/27/13 at 8:39pmListening to T90 on a Zana Deux SE. OTL magic on steroids meets headphone magic. Distance My Demons, Pink Floyd, Wycliffe Gordon, Jennifer Warnes, Bela Fleck, all just the beginning of a delightful auditory experience.post #1114 of 231610/27/13 at 9:06pm
Just picked up a T90 myself early last week, and have been loving it! Superb clarity and separation, and I've been noticing things I haven't before with my HD558's. Just wonderful.
I noticed while reading through this thread that several people, including myself, have been having sibilance issues with the T90. Is this something that resolves over time as they burn in? Also, my Amp/DAC combo is the Fiio E09K/E17. I've heard this combo is known to be more on the forward themselves, and I think it is contributing to my sibilance issue.
I'm planning on upgrading to the Bottlehead Crack amp in the next few months. Can anyone shed some light on how the mids/highs are influenced by the Crack? Also, is there a better-fitted DAC that is more relaxed?post #1115 of 231610/27/13 at 9:29pmpost #1116 of 231610/27/13 at 9:31pm
Yeah that's what I've been hearing! I'm excited to try it when I get the chance. Have you ever had any sibilance trouble with the T90? Or, have you noticed the Crack helps with easing the (sometimes) harsh treble at all in general?
Edited by Btdk34 - 10/27/13 at 9:33pmpost #1117 of 231610/27/13 at 9:41pmpost #1118 of 231610/27/13 at 10:30pm
There will for the most part be silibance problems on some brighter mastering due to the massive treble spike. It'll always be there short of amplifying with something with a weak/underemphasis top end.
Even the T1 can be similar on recordings that are just that way.post #1119 of 231610/28/13 at 6:02ampost #1120 of 231610/28/13 at 6:54ampost #1121 of 231610/28/13 at 8:45am
Saren & adydula both have good points about the variability of recordings. Mix and mastering engineers skills vary in the industry, musicians and producers have different tastes. So one recording may be very well balanced across the spectrum, another is bass heavy and yet another may lean to the bright side of the spectrum. During mix & mastering sessions listening fatigue also can play a factor. The better producers and engineers will let a session rest for a day or so and then evaluate again. During fatigue, our ears tend to dull on the high frequencies and the natural tendency is to brighten the mix or master.
So my comments about not having an issue with sibilance on the T90 apply to recordings that are not sibilant to begin with. The T90 will be unforgiving of a sibilant recording.
Edited by atomicbob - 10/28/13 at 8:57ampost #1122 of 231610/28/13 at 8:58ampost #1123 of 231610/28/13 at 9:13am
Both the Crack and Woo WA3+ can roll different tubes to great effect. 6080 and 6AS7g can range from mostly transparent to what I call the auditory equivalent of rose colored glasses. The latter can help less than stellar recordings sound pretty decent. If all I had was a Crack and T90, I could live with that very well thank-you.post #1124 of 231610/28/13 at 12:34pmpost #1125 of 231610/28/13 at 12:57pmQuote:
Given I don't have to live with just one and that transparency is also important, you have an excellent example of a transparent system. Add the Crack for one of each, transparent and tube magic, with ODAC feeding either as desired. I do live with that combo often and the T90. Yes, I am also exploring the excellent sound of the ZDSE with the T90, but the aforementioned two amp system has delivered and will continue to give many hours of listening enjoyment.
- Beyerdynamic T90 :D
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › TTPOD T1-E Impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014:... 1 minute ago
- › FiiO X1 preview world tour--also keep an eye out for the local... 1 minute ago
- › On a mission to like jazz 2 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 2 minutes ago
- › TOPPING NX1 Portable Headphone Amplifier Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.5.0 3 minutes ago
- › Cowon Plenue P1 3 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 4 minutes ago
- › What would make the perfect headphone ? 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum by MacroPower
- › AKG K712 Pro by Rob80b
- › Grado Labs SR225e by yage
- › Tekfusion Twinwoofers by BillsonChang007
- › ATH-ESW10JPN by bluelines
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M40x Professional Headphones by krishtrinity1
- › Baldoor EarBell E100 by subwoof3r
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by lin0003
- › FiiO Kilimanjaro 2 (E11K) Portable Headphone Amplifier by twister6
- › Audio Technica Sonic Fuel ATH-CKX9iS In-ear Headphones with In-line... by TheAfterEffect
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)