Recent Images In This Thread
- productbeyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productbeyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productBeyerdynamic T 70 Over Ear Headphone, Black/Greytagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productBeyerdynamic T70ptagged by System, 5/23/12
- productBeyerdynamic T90 Premium Stereo Headphonetagged by rasmushorn, 5/4/13
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 5/23/12
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 5/23/12
Related Forum Threads
- Please Help me choose a headphone from this website.... AH-D7000, HD650, DT880, DT990, T70 Last post on 5/22/16 at 6:38am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Beyerdynamic T70 & T70p: Any Impressions? Last post on 7/15/11 at 4:31am in Headphones (full-size)
- First Impressions of the new Beyerdynamic T70p Last post on 8/11/16 at 3:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- [GUIDE] Sonic Differences Between DT770-DT990 Models & More Last post on 10/17/16 at 1:57pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Beyerdynamic Decisions..... Last post on 8/12/12 at 1:11pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
The urbanite xl wireless is seemingly targeting the younger audience with its stylish looks,bluetooth connectivity and a bass emphasis.But does this deliver like it is intended to?Let's run through...
I was looking for a solution to simultaneously listen and charge an iPhone7, since Apple decided to ditch the 3.5 mm jack output. This one, which I got on Aliexpress, does the job. Soundwise, it...
Final F7200 Earphone review I will start this review of the Final F7200 earphones by saying that I am not going to include photos or technical specifications, as these have been very well covered...
MBC/ PINOYMAN's review: The TFZ series 1 Iem. Id like to thank Christopher Gatchalian for lending me his pair unit for the purpose of this review. Shell: clear in smoke black. Cable: quality is...
This is a review of the Cambridge DacMagic Plus DAC/headphone amp/pre amp. The Cambridge Audio DacMagic Plus was sent to me by Cambridge Audio in the UK as a loaner for the purpose of doing this...
Beyerdynamic T90 :D - Page 75post #1111 of 383010/25/13 at 6:32am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1112 of 383010/25/13 at 7:44amQuote:
indeed, they are a little hard to come by, non the less they appretnly make the DT 880s bassier than an X1? I've never tried the J$ with my 880... never felt any reason topost #1113 of 383010/27/13 at 8:39pmListening to T90 on a Zana Deux SE. OTL magic on steroids meets headphone magic. Distance My Demons, Pink Floyd, Wycliffe Gordon, Jennifer Warnes, Bela Fleck, all just the beginning of a delightful auditory experience.post #1114 of 383010/27/13 at 9:06pm
Just picked up a T90 myself early last week, and have been loving it! Superb clarity and separation, and I've been noticing things I haven't before with my HD558's. Just wonderful.
I noticed while reading through this thread that several people, including myself, have been having sibilance issues with the T90. Is this something that resolves over time as they burn in? Also, my Amp/DAC combo is the Fiio E09K/E17. I've heard this combo is known to be more on the forward themselves, and I think it is contributing to my sibilance issue.
I'm planning on upgrading to the Bottlehead Crack amp in the next few months. Can anyone shed some light on how the mids/highs are influenced by the Crack? Also, is there a better-fitted DAC that is more relaxed?post #1115 of 383010/27/13 at 9:29pmpost #1116 of 383010/27/13 at 9:31pm
Yeah that's what I've been hearing! I'm excited to try it when I get the chance. Have you ever had any sibilance trouble with the T90? Or, have you noticed the Crack helps with easing the (sometimes) harsh treble at all in general?
Edited by Btdk34 - 10/27/13 at 9:33pmpost #1117 of 383010/27/13 at 9:41pmpost #1118 of 383010/27/13 at 10:30pm
There will for the most part be silibance problems on some brighter mastering due to the massive treble spike. It'll always be there short of amplifying with something with a weak/underemphasis top end.
Even the T1 can be similar on recordings that are just that way.post #1119 of 383010/28/13 at 6:02ampost #1120 of 383010/28/13 at 6:54ampost #1121 of 383010/28/13 at 8:45am
Saren & adydula both have good points about the variability of recordings. Mix and mastering engineers skills vary in the industry, musicians and producers have different tastes. So one recording may be very well balanced across the spectrum, another is bass heavy and yet another may lean to the bright side of the spectrum. During mix & mastering sessions listening fatigue also can play a factor. The better producers and engineers will let a session rest for a day or so and then evaluate again. During fatigue, our ears tend to dull on the high frequencies and the natural tendency is to brighten the mix or master.
So my comments about not having an issue with sibilance on the T90 apply to recordings that are not sibilant to begin with. The T90 will be unforgiving of a sibilant recording.
Edited by atomicbob - 10/28/13 at 8:57ampost #1122 of 383010/28/13 at 8:58ampost #1123 of 383010/28/13 at 9:13am
Both the Crack and Woo WA3+ can roll different tubes to great effect. 6080 and 6AS7g can range from mostly transparent to what I call the auditory equivalent of rose colored glasses. The latter can help less than stellar recordings sound pretty decent. If all I had was a Crack and T90, I could live with that very well thank-you.post #1124 of 383010/28/13 at 12:34pmpost #1125 of 383010/28/13 at 12:57pmQuote:
Given I don't have to live with just one and that transparency is also important, you have an excellent example of a transparent system. Add the Crack for one of each, transparent and tube magic, with ODAC feeding either as desired. I do live with that combo often and the T90. Yes, I am also exploring the excellent sound of the ZDSE with the T90, but the aforementioned two amp system has delivered and will continue to give many hours of listening enjoyment.
- Beyerdynamic T90 :D
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › B&O H7 Bluetooth Discussion and Impressions 23 seconds ago
- › New Zealand Headphone Meet MK II, 2015 Ed. 27 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › post your grado mods.... 1 minute ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 1 minute ago
- › Where did the HRT hype go? 3 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 3 minutes ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 4 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1 II (2nd Gen) w/ Bluetooth! 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Urbanite XL Wireless by Rafique Adzam
- › Mcdodo Lightning to Audio Cable (for iPhone 7) w/ charging function by Webkarma
- › Final F7200 by malcolm.mcintyre
- › TFZ Series 1 by pinoyman
- › Cambridge Audio Azur DacMagic Plus by peter123
- › HiFiMAN RE-00 by mark2410
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by Kerry56
- › NAD Electronics VISO HP50 Noise-Isolating Over-Ear Headphones by Kerry56
- › Philips Shp8000/10 Hi-Fi Headphones - Black by Redcarmoose
- › Sony MDRXB400/BLU Extra Bass Over The Head 30 mm Driver Headphone,... by InternPrimas
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...