This is quite interesting :) I've heard people compare the T90 to the T1's before, but not really the HD800's. Are they really that close? I've yet to see Jude or Tyll review these cans.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productbeyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productbeyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productBeyerdynamic T 70 Over Ear Headphone, Black/Greytagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productBeyerdynamic T70ptagged by System, 5/23/12
- productBeyerdynamic T90 Premium Stereo Headphonetagged by rasmushorn, 5/4/13
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 5/23/12
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 5/23/12
Related Forum Threads
- Please Help me choose a headphone from this website.... AH-D7000, HD650, DT880, DT990, T70 Last post on 10/20/11 at 8:18pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Beyerdynamic T70 & T70p: Any Impressions? Last post on 7/15/11 at 4:31am in Headphones (full-size)
- First Impressions of the new Beyerdynamic T70p Last post on 3/24/14 at 7:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Any real alternative to D2000 (DT880 pro?) Last post on 7/12/12 at 2:57am in Headphones (full-size)
- Didn’t get on with ADH-2000 how about DT-880 or DT-990? Last post on 3/2/12 at 2:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
This is the first item that dragged me into the world of audiophile, having started as noob with this great cans I must say that Shure SE215 Special Edition is cans for everybody, all things...
below is a review of of the v-moda xs! check out my channel(like and subscribe) recently uploaded a review and comparison with the v-moda m100s
I've read a lot of diverging comments about these headphones and I think there is a problem. These are non-powered studio monitor headphones. They are not meant to have perfect sound quality, and...
Remember: "Stay away from Razer". Razer headphones are just meant to be "fun" for a certain amount of time. After a few weeks they either break or become really uncomfortable. The sound is overall...
First I’d like to thank HiFiMAN for sending me their new HM-700 DAP and RE-400B (balanced version of the RE-400) bundle for me to review. I have always wondered about the balanced players that...
Beyerdynamic T90 :D - Page 71
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1052 of 191810/10/13 at 9:29amQuote:
They are more complimentary than close. If they were close, I'd keep only one. The HD800 have much bigger soundstage and detailed resolution. The T90 have more exciting bass presentation. I tend to think of the T90 as my jazz club cans, while the HD800 are my concert hall cans.post #1053 of 191810/10/13 at 10:18amQuote:Originally Posted by atomicbob
They are more complimentary than close. If they were close, I'd keep only one. The HD800 have much bigger soundstage and detailed resolution. The T90 have more exciting bass presentation. I tend to think of the T90 as my jazz club cans, while the HD800 are my concert hall cans.
Oh I see. Thanks for sharing, atomicbob :D Based on what you've said I really want to hear what the HD800's sound like.post #1054 of 191810/11/13 at 1:55amQuote:
And I would love to hear how the T90 sounds like. Specially compared to T5p. I know Zombie_X had some impressions and preferred the T5p. I have a feeling I would like the T90 better. Such a shame they are almost impossible to find anywhere in this country.post #1055 of 191810/11/13 at 3:11pmSpending some OT in the office, everyone else has left and I'm just kicking back at my desk listening to my music. I love these things. Baby T1 be damned. I can't justify spending double the cash to gain a minuscule improvement. I'm at end game and don't feel the need to look for anything else. I am immensely happy with these as is. Might look for an upgrade in amp tho... that Crack sounds like a winner.post #1056 of 191810/11/13 at 3:21pmpost #1057 of 191810/11/13 at 3:32pmpost #1058 of 191810/11/13 at 3:37pm
Thanks! I've been working harder at my case work the last few years. Usually, I'm so geeked to to get the circuit together that the case is an after thought :-)
I tell you though, my Crack with upgraded output caps, attenuator, input wiring and RCA connectors fed by my custom PCM/DSD DAC fed by Salas Shunts with T90....post #1059 of 191810/11/13 at 9:00pm@Misterrogers: your Crack woodwork is beautiful. Have you installed the Speedball yet? Have the stock unit with a Bendex 6080wb. T90 and HD800 benefit from the OTL tube magic. Not sure when I'll install the Speedball, which I already have. Stock unit sound magical as it is.post #1060 of 191810/12/13 at 3:42am
Yep, she's running Speedball. I ran without for a couple of days - very nice! Speedball only ups the game. Faster, blacker, more dynamic. Running a Tung-sol and a clear top right now. Seriously, for a mid-fi rig, not sure how to improve upon it.post #1061 of 191810/12/13 at 4:40amQuote:
You could have ordered them from sweden @ 3500 kr just a few weeks ago, but now not even one store seem to have them in stock here either. Don't think they sold that well.post #1062 of 191810/12/13 at 6:40amQuote:
Whoooo! Clear Top Tung Sol man that sounds WONDERFULpost #1063 of 191810/12/13 at 8:50ampost #1064 of 191810/12/13 at 10:43am
So... if you all don't mind talking about amp options some more, I'd like to bring that discussion back, haha
From the last 10 pages, I've gathered that the Crack is incredibly popular with the T90s, and the WA7 is well regarded too. Anything else you guys have tried with good results?
I've been running on my CKKIII and Opus that I put together a few years ago and I want to see if I can draw out more from the Beyers.
My shortlist now is WA6, WA7, Burson Soloist. Maybe a WA6SE if I can find a good used deal, and there are a couple more which I am kind of looking at.
I'm not strongly considering the Crack, because I dislike the top panel layout, and though it doesn't look bad, it wouldn't match well with my desktop. Playing nicely with lower impedance gear would be a strong benefit too.
- Beyerdynamic T90 :D
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Good headphones similar to the Sennheiser Momentum On-Ears in size? 31 seconds ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 1 minute ago
- › ATH-M50x, ATH-M40x, V-moda crossfade M80 or Sennheiser PX 360? 1 minute ago
- › The (new) HD800 Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 2 minutes ago
- › Audiophile cables, an interesting question. 2 minutes ago
- › The Basshead Club 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M*, New amp section. Review 1st... 4 minutes ago
- › Shure SE215 Special Edition by TherryK13
- › V-MODA XS by Tom22
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by xflight297
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by Bonny
- › HifiMan Electronics HM-700 DAC with RE-400b Balanced In-Ear... by lin0003
- › Astrotec AX35 by tomscy2000
- › Denon AH-D600 by derbigpr
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by Morph91
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by JamesSitter
- › Burson Audio - The Conductor - Reference Class DAC / Headphone Amp... by ag8908
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob