This is quite interesting :) I've heard people compare the T90 to the T1's before, but not really the HD800's. Are they really that close? I've yet to see Jude or Tyll review these cans.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productbeyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productbeyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productBeyerdynamic T 70 Over Ear Headphone, Black/Greytagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productBeyerdynamic T70ptagged by System, 5/23/12
- productBeyerdynamic T90 Premium Stereo Headphonetagged by rasmushorn, 5/4/13
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 5/23/12
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 5/23/12
Related Forum Threads
- Please Help me choose a headphone from this website.... AH-D7000, HD650, DT880, DT990, T70 Last post on 10/20/11 at 8:18pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Beyerdynamic T70 & T70p: Any Impressions? Last post on 7/15/11 at 4:31am in Headphones (full-size)
- First Impressions of the new Beyerdynamic T70p Last post on 7/24/14 at 8:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- Any real alternative to D2000 (DT880 pro?) Last post on 7/12/12 at 2:57am in Headphones (full-size)
- Didn’t get on with ADH-2000 how about DT-880 or DT-990? Last post on 3/2/12 at 2:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
REVIEW: Brainwavz S5 Specifications: (from Brainwavz site) Driver: 10mm Dynamic Rated Impedance: 16 Ω Frequency Range: 18Hz - 24kHz Sensitivity: 110 dB @ 1 mW Cable: 1.3m,...
Thanks to Greed for a 10-day loan of his Ref 1 set, which I fully burnt-in and auditioned. This set had the uber cable. Super Brief Review (it's all just what my ears heard, if you love your Ref 1...
This review is going to be updated once I receive a balanced cable and use this amp in balanced operation. I figured this amp needed a proper review on here, and there is a lot of good stuff to say...
Read a ton of reviews before purchasing. However, I will be honest and say that I was a bit let down by the bass. Don't get me wrong, its very detailed and balanced and perhaps there lies my issue,...
Schiit Ragnarok: Is It Love, or Is It Just Schiit? Introduction: This part is just to give you some background on my experience and how I’ve arrived at the Schiit Ragnarok...
Beyerdynamic T90 :D - Page 71
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1052 of 236910/10/13 at 9:29amQuote:
They are more complimentary than close. If they were close, I'd keep only one. The HD800 have much bigger soundstage and detailed resolution. The T90 have more exciting bass presentation. I tend to think of the T90 as my jazz club cans, while the HD800 are my concert hall cans.post #1053 of 236910/10/13 at 10:18amQuote:Originally Posted by atomicbob
They are more complimentary than close. If they were close, I'd keep only one. The HD800 have much bigger soundstage and detailed resolution. The T90 have more exciting bass presentation. I tend to think of the T90 as my jazz club cans, while the HD800 are my concert hall cans.
Oh I see. Thanks for sharing, atomicbob :D Based on what you've said I really want to hear what the HD800's sound like.post #1054 of 236910/11/13 at 1:55amQuote:
And I would love to hear how the T90 sounds like. Specially compared to T5p. I know Zombie_X had some impressions and preferred the T5p. I have a feeling I would like the T90 better. Such a shame they are almost impossible to find anywhere in this country.post #1055 of 236910/11/13 at 3:11pmSpending some OT in the office, everyone else has left and I'm just kicking back at my desk listening to my music. I love these things. Baby T1 be damned. I can't justify spending double the cash to gain a minuscule improvement. I'm at end game and don't feel the need to look for anything else. I am immensely happy with these as is. Might look for an upgrade in amp tho... that Crack sounds like a winner.post #1056 of 236910/11/13 at 3:21pmpost #1057 of 236910/11/13 at 3:32pmpost #1058 of 236910/11/13 at 3:37pm
Thanks! I've been working harder at my case work the last few years. Usually, I'm so geeked to to get the circuit together that the case is an after thought :-)
I tell you though, my Crack with upgraded output caps, attenuator, input wiring and RCA connectors fed by my custom PCM/DSD DAC fed by Salas Shunts with T90....post #1059 of 236910/11/13 at 9:00pm@Misterrogers: your Crack woodwork is beautiful. Have you installed the Speedball yet? Have the stock unit with a Bendex 6080wb. T90 and HD800 benefit from the OTL tube magic. Not sure when I'll install the Speedball, which I already have. Stock unit sound magical as it is.post #1060 of 236910/12/13 at 3:42am
Yep, she's running Speedball. I ran without for a couple of days - very nice! Speedball only ups the game. Faster, blacker, more dynamic. Running a Tung-sol and a clear top right now. Seriously, for a mid-fi rig, not sure how to improve upon it.post #1061 of 236910/12/13 at 4:40amQuote:
You could have ordered them from sweden @ 3500 kr just a few weeks ago, but now not even one store seem to have them in stock here either. Don't think they sold that well.post #1062 of 236910/12/13 at 6:40amQuote:
Whoooo! Clear Top Tung Sol man that sounds WONDERFULpost #1063 of 236910/12/13 at 8:50ampost #1064 of 236910/12/13 at 10:43am
So... if you all don't mind talking about amp options some more, I'd like to bring that discussion back, haha
From the last 10 pages, I've gathered that the Crack is incredibly popular with the T90s, and the WA7 is well regarded too. Anything else you guys have tried with good results?
I've been running on my CKKIII and Opus that I put together a few years ago and I want to see if I can draw out more from the Beyers.
My shortlist now is WA6, WA7, Burson Soloist. Maybe a WA6SE if I can find a good used deal, and there are a couple more which I am kind of looking at.
I'm not strongly considering the Crack, because I dislike the top panel layout, and though it doesn't look bad, it wouldn't match well with my desktop. Playing nicely with lower impedance gear would be a strong benefit too.
- Beyerdynamic T90 :D
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Earsonics SM64: The Impressions Thread 40 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 2 minutes ago
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 IEM 3 minutes ago
- › Chi-Uni-Fi 8.5 Chicago Area HP Meet - Nov 8th 2014 3 minutes ago
- › ES100: New Earbuds from HIFIMAN 5 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 5 minutes ago
- › Bookshelf computer speakers for a room less than 100 sq. ft. 5 minutes ago
- › Pics of Headphones... Rules: ONE PIC. NO WORDS! 6 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by lumberjake
- › Schiit Audio Ragnarok by goldendarko
- › Ultimate Ears UE9000 Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphones by SennsAsian
- › Crystal by MEElectronics In-Ear Headphones with Microphone Made... by indieman
- › Fidue A31s by djvkool
- › Blox BE3 by subwoof3r
- › Apple EarPods with Remote and Mic by donniefalcone
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)