This is quite interesting :) I've heard people compare the T90 to the T1's before, but not really the HD800's. Are they really that close? I've yet to see Jude or Tyll review these cans.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productbeyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productbeyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productBeyerdynamic T 70 Over Ear Headphone, Black/Greytagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productBeyerdynamic T70ptagged by System, 5/23/12
- productBeyerdynamic T90 Premium Stereo Headphonetagged by rasmushorn, 5/4/13
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 5/23/12
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 5/23/12
Related Forum Threads
- Please Help me choose a headphone from this website.... AH-D7000, HD650, DT880, DT990, T70 Last post on 5/22/16 at 6:38am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Beyerdynamic T70 & T70p: Any Impressions? Last post on 7/15/11 at 4:31am in Headphones (full-size)
- First Impressions of the new Beyerdynamic T70p Last post on 8/11/16 at 3:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- [GUIDE] Sonic Differences Between DT770-DT990 Models & More Last post on 10/17/16 at 1:57pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Beyerdynamic Decisions..... Last post on 8/12/12 at 1:11pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
HIFIMAN SuperMini review Oct 2016 INTRO Just some background on me with previous experience of daps and why I’ve arrived here at this point in time. ...In a Hi-Fi...
First of all, above any other factor, these are just SO COMFORTABLE!! There are very expensive headphones I used that sound really good but feel like someone is trying to crush my head. These have...
I think it is more of a smartphone gadget, than audiophiles device. It has the potential to save battery power when listening with portable devices. My subjective review of the sound: A little...
Introduction Simgot is a new name in Asian audio that is getting some attention with their new EN700 model. Supposedly, some that were involved in tuning the Ostry IEMs have tuned this one, so...
Have had these for a loooong time. Now that I've got older ears, I don't really hear the beautiful crystal-like treble anymore, but I'm sure it's still there. :)
Beyerdynamic T90 :D - Page 71
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1052 of 384910/10/13 at 9:29amQuote:
They are more complimentary than close. If they were close, I'd keep only one. The HD800 have much bigger soundstage and detailed resolution. The T90 have more exciting bass presentation. I tend to think of the T90 as my jazz club cans, while the HD800 are my concert hall cans.post #1053 of 384910/10/13 at 10:18amQuote:Originally Posted by atomicbob
They are more complimentary than close. If they were close, I'd keep only one. The HD800 have much bigger soundstage and detailed resolution. The T90 have more exciting bass presentation. I tend to think of the T90 as my jazz club cans, while the HD800 are my concert hall cans.
Oh I see. Thanks for sharing, atomicbob :D Based on what you've said I really want to hear what the HD800's sound like.post #1054 of 384910/11/13 at 1:55amQuote:
And I would love to hear how the T90 sounds like. Specially compared to T5p. I know Zombie_X had some impressions and preferred the T5p. I have a feeling I would like the T90 better. Such a shame they are almost impossible to find anywhere in this country.post #1055 of 384910/11/13 at 3:11pmSpending some OT in the office, everyone else has left and I'm just kicking back at my desk listening to my music. I love these things. Baby T1 be damned. I can't justify spending double the cash to gain a minuscule improvement. I'm at end game and don't feel the need to look for anything else. I am immensely happy with these as is. Might look for an upgrade in amp tho... that Crack sounds like a winner.post #1056 of 384910/11/13 at 3:21pmpost #1057 of 384910/11/13 at 3:32pmpost #1058 of 384910/11/13 at 3:37pm
Thanks! I've been working harder at my case work the last few years. Usually, I'm so geeked to to get the circuit together that the case is an after thought :-)
I tell you though, my Crack with upgraded output caps, attenuator, input wiring and RCA connectors fed by my custom PCM/DSD DAC fed by Salas Shunts with T90....post #1059 of 384910/11/13 at 9:00pm@Misterrogers: your Crack woodwork is beautiful. Have you installed the Speedball yet? Have the stock unit with a Bendex 6080wb. T90 and HD800 benefit from the OTL tube magic. Not sure when I'll install the Speedball, which I already have. Stock unit sound magical as it is.post #1060 of 384910/12/13 at 3:42am
Yep, she's running Speedball. I ran without for a couple of days - very nice! Speedball only ups the game. Faster, blacker, more dynamic. Running a Tung-sol and a clear top right now. Seriously, for a mid-fi rig, not sure how to improve upon it.post #1061 of 384910/12/13 at 4:40amQuote:
You could have ordered them from sweden @ 3500 kr just a few weeks ago, but now not even one store seem to have them in stock here either. Don't think they sold that well.post #1062 of 384910/12/13 at 6:40amQuote:
Whoooo! Clear Top Tung Sol man that sounds WONDERFULpost #1063 of 384910/12/13 at 8:50ampost #1064 of 384910/12/13 at 10:43am
So... if you all don't mind talking about amp options some more, I'd like to bring that discussion back, haha
From the last 10 pages, I've gathered that the Crack is incredibly popular with the T90s, and the WA7 is well regarded too. Anything else you guys have tried with good results?
I've been running on my CKKIII and Opus that I put together a few years ago and I want to see if I can draw out more from the Beyers.
My shortlist now is WA6, WA7, Burson Soloist. Maybe a WA6SE if I can find a good used deal, and there are a couple more which I am kind of looking at.
I'm not strongly considering the Crack, because I dislike the top panel layout, and though it doesn't look bad, it wouldn't match well with my desktop. Playing nicely with lower impedance gear would be a strong benefit too.
- Beyerdynamic T90 :D
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Audio Technica ATH-E70, ATH-E50, ATH-E40 IEMs announced at NAMM 2016 28 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Seiun player, $150 player with monster spec. Too good to be true? 4 minutes ago
- › If anyone of you on Head Fi has respect for music you will help me... 4 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 4 minutes ago
- › Single DAC to 2 amps 4 minutes ago
- › FS: Hifiman HE-400I Almost Mint Condition 5 minutes ago
- › UpTone Audio USB REGEN 5 minutes ago
- › New Member Introductions thread 6 minutes ago
- › Norne Audio (Was: Norse Audio): Feedback & Impression Thread 7 minutes ago
- › HIFIMAN SuperMini High-Res Portable Player by FortisFlyer75
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by Peter Zhang
- › FiiO A1 Micro Headphone Amplifier by Headzone
- › SIMGOT EN700 In Ear Dynamic Earphone 24Ω Original ... by bhazard
- › Sony MDR-CD2000 CD Series Headphones by leroik
- › iFi Pro iCAN by ostewart
- › Sennheiser HD 590 Headphones by aafanatic
- › HiFiMAN Megamini by glassmonkey
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by suman134
- › Burson Audio Supreme Sound Opamp V5i by ph0n6
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...