This is quite interesting :) I've heard people compare the T90 to the T1's before, but not really the HD800's. Are they really that close? I've yet to see Jude or Tyll review these cans.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productbeyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productbeyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productBeyerdynamic T 70 Over Ear Headphone, Black/Greytagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productBeyerdynamic T70ptagged by System, 5/23/12
- productBeyerdynamic T90 Premium Stereo Headphonetagged by rasmushorn, 5/4/13
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 5/23/12
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 5/23/12
Related Forum Threads
- Please Help me choose a headphone from this website.... AH-D7000, HD650, DT880, DT990, T70 Last post on 10/20/11 at 8:18pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Beyerdynamic T70 & T70p: Any Impressions? Last post on 7/15/11 at 4:31am in Headphones (full-size)
- First Impressions of the new Beyerdynamic T70p Last post on 7/24/14 at 8:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- [GUIDE] Sonic Differences Between DT770-DT990 Models & More Last post on 4/3/15 at 11:40pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Beyerdynamic Decisions..... Last post on 8/12/12 at 1:11pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I actually have the ES900m, which doesn't have microphone and control buttons, but the rest is the same. For $6 it's impossible to buy a pair of earphones as good as them. I really believe...
This review will compare between the two semi-flagship headphones from two companies; The K712 headphones from AKG, and the HD700 from Sennheiser. "Expect and discover. The perfection." -box...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Noontec for providing me with a review sample of your Hammo S headphones. Still fresh in my mind how I almost missed an opportunity to review...
I have been using a E09K to power my DT990 600ohm cans for over two years now, long enough that I don't really remember exactly when I got it but for sure over two years. I use this thing every...
First and foremost, a big thank you to those at Noble Audio who has sent me a unit to review. The Noble Audio customer service experience has been a joy to behold. Brannan is always on hand to deal...
Beyerdynamic T90 :D - Page 71
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1052 of 298910/10/13 at 9:29amQuote:
They are more complimentary than close. If they were close, I'd keep only one. The HD800 have much bigger soundstage and detailed resolution. The T90 have more exciting bass presentation. I tend to think of the T90 as my jazz club cans, while the HD800 are my concert hall cans.post #1053 of 298910/10/13 at 10:18amQuote:Originally Posted by atomicbob
They are more complimentary than close. If they were close, I'd keep only one. The HD800 have much bigger soundstage and detailed resolution. The T90 have more exciting bass presentation. I tend to think of the T90 as my jazz club cans, while the HD800 are my concert hall cans.
Oh I see. Thanks for sharing, atomicbob :D Based on what you've said I really want to hear what the HD800's sound like.post #1054 of 298910/11/13 at 1:55amQuote:
And I would love to hear how the T90 sounds like. Specially compared to T5p. I know Zombie_X had some impressions and preferred the T5p. I have a feeling I would like the T90 better. Such a shame they are almost impossible to find anywhere in this country.post #1055 of 298910/11/13 at 3:11pmSpending some OT in the office, everyone else has left and I'm just kicking back at my desk listening to my music. I love these things. Baby T1 be damned. I can't justify spending double the cash to gain a minuscule improvement. I'm at end game and don't feel the need to look for anything else. I am immensely happy with these as is. Might look for an upgrade in amp tho... that Crack sounds like a winner.post #1056 of 298910/11/13 at 3:21pmpost #1057 of 298910/11/13 at 3:32pmpost #1058 of 298910/11/13 at 3:37pm
Thanks! I've been working harder at my case work the last few years. Usually, I'm so geeked to to get the circuit together that the case is an after thought :-)
I tell you though, my Crack with upgraded output caps, attenuator, input wiring and RCA connectors fed by my custom PCM/DSD DAC fed by Salas Shunts with T90....post #1059 of 298910/11/13 at 9:00pm@Misterrogers: your Crack woodwork is beautiful. Have you installed the Speedball yet? Have the stock unit with a Bendex 6080wb. T90 and HD800 benefit from the OTL tube magic. Not sure when I'll install the Speedball, which I already have. Stock unit sound magical as it is.post #1060 of 298910/12/13 at 3:42am
Yep, she's running Speedball. I ran without for a couple of days - very nice! Speedball only ups the game. Faster, blacker, more dynamic. Running a Tung-sol and a clear top right now. Seriously, for a mid-fi rig, not sure how to improve upon it.post #1061 of 298910/12/13 at 4:40amQuote:
You could have ordered them from sweden @ 3500 kr just a few weeks ago, but now not even one store seem to have them in stock here either. Don't think they sold that well.post #1062 of 298910/12/13 at 6:40amQuote:
Whoooo! Clear Top Tung Sol man that sounds WONDERFULpost #1063 of 298910/12/13 at 8:50ampost #1064 of 298910/12/13 at 10:43am
So... if you all don't mind talking about amp options some more, I'd like to bring that discussion back, haha
From the last 10 pages, I've gathered that the Crack is incredibly popular with the T90s, and the WA7 is well regarded too. Anything else you guys have tried with good results?
I've been running on my CKKIII and Opus that I put together a few years ago and I want to see if I can draw out more from the Beyers.
My shortlist now is WA6, WA7, Burson Soloist. Maybe a WA6SE if I can find a good used deal, and there are a couple more which I am kind of looking at.
I'm not strongly considering the Crack, because I dislike the top panel layout, and though it doesn't look bad, it wouldn't match well with my desktop. Playing nicely with lower impedance gear would be a strong benefit too.
- Beyerdynamic T90 :D
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Three Word Story 2 minutes ago
- › 실시간중계바카라★★ぢRWRW8.COM★온라인바카라★ 3 minutes ago
- › New Audio Technica Woodies: ATH-W1000Z announced 3 minutes ago
- › FitEar 001 cable and hard case (price updated) 4 minutes ago
- › Pics of Headphones... Rules: ONE PIC. NO WORDS! 6 minutes ago
- › WGOME라이브카지노게임사이트＼＼ぢRWRW8.COM.＼온라인카지노＼ 6 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 7 minutes ago
- › OMG실시간카지노게임사이트☆☆ぢ【RWRW8.COM】.☆바카라사이트☆ 8 minutes ago
- › The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz) 8 minutes ago
- › Music sound with in ear from Sony: LG G2 or HTC One? 9 minutes ago
- › AWEI ES-900i Headset Earphones Speakers with Mic for Smart Phone -... by mrplt
- › AKG K712 Pro by KopaZ
- › Noontec Hammo S Over Ear Headphone Audiophile Sound Stylish Looking... by twister6
- › FiiO E09K by Chuck Canada
- › Noble Audio Savant by uchihaitachi
- › RHA T10i by zim2411
- › SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 8 GB MP3 Player (Black) by ardacer
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by sagar khichi
- › RHA MA750i by Onthecoast
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by YoYo JoKeR
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2