Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › [REVIEW] VSONIC GR01, GR02 Bass Edition, GR06 and GR99 – V for VALUE
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[REVIEW] VSONIC GR01, GR02 Bass Edition, GR06 and GR99 – V for VALUE - Page 5

post #61 of 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClieOS View Post


That'll depends on how loud and how close your doorbell is wink.gif All I can say is it should give you around -20dB of isolation, more or less.

 

 

I see. You've had your GR02 Bass Eds for over 4 months now. How well are they holding up? How good is their build quality?

post #62 of 134
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by fauaad View Post


I see. You've had your GR02 Bass Eds for over 4 months now. How well are they holding up? How good is their build quality?

VSONIC's build quality is generally really good. I have no problem with any of their IEM.
post #63 of 134
post #64 of 134
Thread Starter 
post #65 of 134

just like to ask a quick one, how is the vsonic gr02 bass edition compared to a ckm500?

 

I've got my GR02


Edited by jmwreck - 9/2/12 at 8:53pm
post #66 of 134

With the double flange tips I have to agree the isolation is pretty good. I'd say -20db is pretty accurate.

 

It's not the best, but it's definitely good, especially when your music is playing.

post #67 of 134

How is the deep fitment and sparkle on GR01? Can it be fitted as deep as Brainwavz B2 with Comply P Slim?

Is the highest end similar? (not the superbright 3-5k, I bet GR01 has that nicely cut and done)


Edited by AstralStorm - 9/14/12 at 3:00pm
post #68 of 134

The sparkle is real nice IMO, i have never heard the B2 so i cant compare it. The GR01 to me is analytical but smooth. It isnt harsh or overly bright, but obviously it isnt dark either. I have never noticed any sibilance that isnt in the recording to begin with, i also have never noticed any major peaks or dips. They just sound detailed and smooth. About the deep fitment, yes its deep with the right tips, but for me it isnt uncomfortable like the ety's can be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstralStorm View Post

How is the deep fitment and sparkle on GR01? Can it be fitted as deep as Brainwavz B2 with Comply P Slim?

Is the highest end similar? (not the superbright 3-5k, I bet GR01 has that nicely cut and done)

post #69 of 134
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonb View Post

The sparkle is real nice IMO, i have never heard the B2 so i cant compare it. The GR01 to me is analytical but smooth. It isnt harsh or overly bright, but obviously it isnt dark either. I have never noticed any sibilance that isnt in the recording to begin with, i also have never noticed any major peaks or dips. They just sound detailed and smooth. About the deep fitment, yes its deep with the right tips, but for me it isnt uncomfortable like the ety's can be.

Agree. B2 / DBA-02's treble is a bit too aggressive IMO. GR01's on the other hand is just about right.
post #70 of 134

I agree, specifically the 3-6k region (6 dB "triangular" cut centered on 4.5k; ref. 500Hz). It's like RE-272 gone wild. On the other hand, the rest is extremely well balanced (with 3 dB dip in 1-2k midrange).

 

What about that deep fit on GR01? Comply T200 or Ts200 foams? Any other nice long 10mm foams w/ 4mm nozzle?

(I could likely get them made into a silicone custom, but that's super bother.)

 

The trick is that B2 with its 2mm nozzle allows Comply P Slim - super comfy, better than custom IEMs in fact, and also nicer isolation.


Edited by AstralStorm - 9/14/12 at 10:51pm
post #71 of 134
Thread Starter 
I think the Comply for ADDIEM might fit (T140 I think). Don't know about the other.
post #72 of 134

repost:

 

I would like to ask, I don't know if this is valid, I have opened some earphones and the cable is tied to a knot inside to prevent it from sliding/pulling out from the shell.  Is GR02 like this? who have opened up their pair can share some insights. Thanks

post #73 of 134
Nope there are no knots on the cables, its held together by the foam tightly which require a little force to tug them out. They are secured and protected by on the foam so no worry about it on route!
post #74 of 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by TehNobGordon View Post

Nope there are no knots on the cables, its held together by the foam tightly which require a little force to tug them out. They are secured and protected by on the foam so no worry about it on route!

which foam, is it inside and can not be seen? have you tried opening it, im worried about it due to unintended tugging/pulling cause by shirt or clip or hands. :D

post #75 of 134
I have GR02 Standart edition, and I have plant that I want upgrade it to GR02 Bass Edition, my decision worth or worthless??? I heard GR02 Bass Edition have forward mid and more treble than GR02 std.. and I use it to listen all led zeppelin songs CDA in my ASUS A43SJ.. thx's for reply..
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › [REVIEW] VSONIC GR01, GR02 Bass Edition, GR06 and GR99 – V for VALUE