Been lurking for awhile and I've been wondering which would be a better contender for FPS games that require excellent sound positioning to easily locate positions. My main budget is 50 dollars and under I've heard these headphones are real nice for the price, but are there any others that would fit my preference for FPS games?
- productAudio Technica ATH-AD700tagged by System, 6/19/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/19/12
- productMonoprice Premium 8323 Hi-Fi DJ Style Over-the-Ear Pro Headphonetagged by System, 6/19/12
- productPanasonic RP-HTF600-S Step Monitortagged by System, 6/19/12
- productSennheiser HD 555 Headphonestagged by System, 6/19/12
- productSR850 Professional Studio Reference Headphonestagged by System, 6/19/12
- productSuperlux HD 681tagged by System, 6/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- <$50 Home headphones Last post on 7/30/12 at 4:06pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need a new Headphone/SoundCard combo (some options inside). Last post on 8/3/12 at 4:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Gaming + music/media headphones under $100 (recommendation needed, models I'm looking at... Last post on 11/11/12 at 6:39am in Headphones (full-size)
- Which headphone to get Last post on 11/5/12 at 8:57pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
There is just so much craptastic dreck in the
This is my first review and it's going to be brief...Never in my life have I been so damn impressed with an audio product (I have a bunch) than I am with my Custom K10's!!! There is not 1 thing...
INTRODUCTION Hello again guys, I am Areek Nibras, a junior Head-fier and a recently graduated physician from Bangladesh, currently doing post-graduation training in Internal medicine. Today I will...
I picked up these for my wife. I thought that since she is more of an average listener (not too concerned with audio), the V-shaped sound might be acceptable or even preferred. I gave them a listen...
I got to listen to these for a couple weeks as part of the USA tour, with the requirement that I write a review and pay to ship them to the next participant. I am not affiliated with, and was not...
Monoprice 8323 vs HTF600 vs Contenderspost #1 of 104/23/12 at 7:15pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 104/23/12 at 8:13pm
I bought the monoprice headphone last week (along with Beyer DT990) and even though I really like the monoprice headphone, I would caution you about buying them, unless your play sessions are very short. I play BF3 with my friends and our sessions usually last any where from couple of hours to all night on weekend and for that Monoprice headphone are a no go due to being uncomfortable.
With that said, they are fun cans to use for FPS due to pronounce bass that really makes you feel every gun fire and the rolling of tank when it passes you by but the downside of it is that subtle noises get drowned in bass and it is very difficult to distinguish footsteps when someone comes behind you (unless you are really hearing for it).
Conclusion: They are awesome cans for the price and dare I say it, there is nothing that can match the price/quality ratio in that price range or even double the price but if you plan on doing extended gaming with these, switch out the pads to something more comfortable (see the official thread for suggestions)post #3 of 104/23/12 at 9:15pmpost #4 of 104/23/12 at 9:22pmQuote:
Where have you been mate?
Superlux and Samson offer pretty good product for people who are on budget.
A semi-open like the HD 681 is a good option for gamers.post #5 of 104/23/12 at 9:29pm
There is no issues with either headphone. I personally don't like the HTF but I bought the DT990pros and HD598 at the same time so the HTF sounded muffled and lacked the clarity of my other two headphones. But that is an unfair comparison because the other two are 10 times the price.
The monoprice would be useless for FPS because they lack any sense of soundstage.(very closed headphone) For the price/performance for music they are a wonderful cheap headphone. You would have to read the HTF thread on whether the HTF600 are ok for FPS never got that far with them.
For your price I would also look at the Samson SR850 or Superlux 668B. I have the Superlux 668B and I adore them still. I still plug them in every other day when I need that Beyerdynamic DT990 sound and my HD598's don't provide the bass umph I want. Both headphones are uncomfortable at first but you grow used it them. You can also buy velor replacements down the road. Also the Koss KCS75 if you just need some cheapies for the time being are stellar for FPS. Clear highs, good mid-bass and crazy soundstage for such a tiny headphone.
check out this thread for more help.post #6 of 104/23/12 at 9:29pm
I don't buy headphones below $100...........................just kidding :P
Definitely get those then, I hear great things and they're cheap!Quote:post #7 of 104/24/12 at 6:45amThread Starter
Thanks for the indepth analysis guys. It seems to be between the Superlux HD 668B/Harx 700/Samson SR850. I would like to know in your opinion which has the biggest soundstage and sound accuracy that would work well with my needs.post #8 of 104/28/12 at 11:08pm
The JVC HA-RX700 wouldn't make great gaming phones (again soundstage is an issue with most closed or semi/ported phones). The HARX700s are ported (or semi-open, mostly closed) phones and I find them to be great for jazz and vocal pieces. Can't speak for the Superlux or Samson as I don't own either and have not tried either.post #9 of 104/29/12 at 2:28ampost #10 of 107/30/12 at 10:35am
Here's a review on the monoprices. I'm gonna have a agree with you all on the comfort not being overly great; however the sound (for $30 headphones) imo is really unmatched. I'll be honest i haven't tried some of the other budget kings yet. But i have been through several pairs of sub $50 headphones and these are really at the top.
- Monoprice 8323 vs HTF600 vs Contenders
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk & Monk Plus: a $5 earbud that taking... 4 seconds ago
- › MICROZOTL2 Tube Headphone Amp and preamp: a breakthrough device 42 seconds ago
- › Earbuds hurt my ears. Am I destined to never be able to wear earbuds? 1 minute ago
- › Crisp, punchy, closed back headphones? (<$300) 1 minute ago
- › World First! Massdrop x HiFIMAN Collaboration Announcement 3 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 4 minutes ago
- › Shozy Cygnus Official Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II 5 minutes ago
- › MEE Audio Pinnacle P1 - $199 Dynamic Driver Flagship *Reviews 2nd... 5 minutes ago
- › Comparisons: 30 of the Top Closed/Portable Headphones Around 8 minutes ago
- › 1MORE EO323 Dual Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone... by leesure
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by Bighappy
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by areek
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM In-Ear by Yubacore
- › Meze 99 Classics by Defiant00
- › Sennheiser HD 800 S by silvrr
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by Hisoundfi
- › Audeze EL-8 Open-Back by droido256
- › OPPO PM-3 by Sophonax
- › Sennheiser HD 558 by starbux61
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse