When did you order eke, and how can you get tracking number?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio Technica ATH-CKM500 BK | Inner Headphones (Japan Import)tagged by System, 6/6/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 6/6/12
Related Forum Threads
- Best IEM for under $100? Last post on 7/30/13 at 5:52am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best Deep bass In earphones for me? Last post on 9/30/12 at 7:38am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- SoundMAGIC E10's? Vs. Klipsch Image S4's? Last post on 9/28/12 at 6:33am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- US$130 budget. Best headphones/IEM for Trance, Dance, HipHop, Classical Last post on 9/28/12 at 6:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Have £200 budget to get myself 2 pairs of headphones/earphones please help Last post on 9/26/12 at 12:56am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
FiiO X3 2nd Generation First of all I want to state that this review is obviously a very subjective opinion. Everyone hears things differently, so you might experience the device in an other...
about me: 16 years old live in Israel, always loved headphones (at first i loved headphones, after that I started to love music xD) started this hobby when i was 14, i like fast bright accurate...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
The ATH-CKM500..The best CKM earphone yet. - Page 32
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I ordered on the 23rd. They emailed it to me
I am on my way to go through all these pages,
but i cant wait to see if there is quick compare between CKS77 & CKM500 in terms of low, mid and high?
if the bass heavy CKS77 is 10, how much will be CKM500?
Give them a chase, I ordered on 23rd and is shipped...what is it saying when you log in and look at your order? Once I get them, I'll post some initial feedback on impressions.
Damn... now I want some of these. Maybe if my PFE's sell I could justify it... though I will probably cave in before then.
The only negative I've heard is that the mirco-phonics are quite bad? Is this true?
How many folks have ended up paying customs from cdjapan?
Edited by haf68 - 5/28/12 at 12:13pm
If you pay with paypal, check your paypal mail, they will send you message when they ship and one when they received your order.
Awesome. Thank you!
Would anyone else who own the GR07 like to compare? I ordered different tips for the CKM500, so I'll update again when they arrive. They are pretty different sounding headphones and I don't think mine are defective. The bass on the GR07 really gets out of the way so I can enjoy the music better. The bass on the CKM500, while punchy for some genres, pulls me out of others where it's boosted. It's one of the reasons why I love the GR07 so much - it is all-around flawless and never pulls me out of the music due to peaks or recessions in their balance. I noticed too the GR07 has a blacker background so softer dynamics come through better. The degree of natural timbre and tonality of instruments is simply in another league with the GR07
These are comparisons that actually make sense and give you a clearer picture. Instead one usually gets the hyped up comparison like "i hear more micro-details, notes are fuller", when there's an obvious lack of knowledge of frequency response physics. For bass less is more, a lot of the times, specially for dynamics a thinner note is more natural and representative of the recordings as there is a lack of control of the air movement with stuff like this. Because it's one of the most linear dynamics, the GR07 will remain top-tier in terms of dynamics (though BAs around the same price are superior), then you'll have newer products that are likely to get hyped because of the name brand and newness while it's just a coloration of what has already been done. Then one will say preferences, but preferences differ from performance and people tend to mix them up easily. Those that say it's preferences shouldn't try to push stuff to others unless there's a more objective way one can show the performance of the product is noteworthy, which hasn't been done for these.
People should read this. (ears cannot be trusted section).
shortcut (Click to show)
Those who don't measure, don't know. Period. They can pretend they know, but rest assured they don't. The human ear, as it is connected to the human brain, is not very smart and easily fooled. If something is wrong with a speaker, people have a hard time telling what it is. Using ears only, the quality of a speaker can only be described in extremely subjective terms. Treble is often described as bright, dull, edgy, recessed, etc. Bass is often described as warm, boomy, deep, lean, tight, etc. But without any accurate basis of comparison, comments like that are meaningless. Don't even get me started by describing how many "veils have been lifted" from the music or how a speaker's "pace rhythm and timing" is affecting the sound. Those vague, meaningless statements are made by people who lack the proper technical vocabulary to describe a speaker's performance. In summary, a driver should be fully measured before a person is qualified to comment on the sound of that driver.
Look at it this way: who is more believable, the guy who says "This tweeter sounds edgy" or the guy who says "This tweeter has moderate 3rd and high 5th order harmonic distortion." Again, who is more believable: the guy who says "This tweeter sounds dull" or the guy who says "The average level of this tweeter is 1.5 dB lower than the woofer above the crossover point." So, while "this tweeter sounds dull" does imply that something might be wrong, there is absolutely nothing there to say what is wrong or even offer any proof that something actually is wrong.
To make a point, some statements could have many different translations. Here's a bunch of examples. We'll start with a single statement made by folks that have been listening to crap.
- This tweeter sounds dull. Translation: "I've been listening to a speaker without baffle step compensation for 10 years, and this new design sounds different than my personal standard."
- This tweeter sounds dull. Translation: "My last system had Dynaudio D21 tweeters, and now anything without a peak at 10kHz sounds recessed and doesn't have sizzle I need."
- This tweeter sounds dull. Translation: "My current speaker has a woofer that did not have the breakup node properly filtered, and now I've accepted that type of sound as normal."
- Then we'll try the statements made by folks with well trained ears but other problems.
- This tweeter sounds dull. Translation: "I misunderstood the crossover diagram, hooked the tweeter up with the polarity reversed and now I have a broad 40dB null at 2.5kHz."
- This tweeter sounds dull. Translation: "My living room is very sound absorptive, and any system with a flat response just isn't enough to overcome the lack of room reflection."
- This tweeter sounds dull. Translation: "Oops, my kid pulled the treble knob off my preamp, put it back rotated 45 degrees to the right, and then adjusted it so it visually centered."
- Go ahead openly laugh at that last one... but it has happened. Here we have addressed about 1% of the potential reasons why a tweeter may sound dull, and we have not even considered that there may be a problem with the design or an out of spec driver. And good lord, "this tweeter sounds bright" has a potential 500% more translations. Obviously, words can't cut it. A picture may be worth a thousand words, but in a case like this, an actual measurement is priceless.
All that said, it's not impossible to speak in terms of distortion types when listening with ears. But be aware that it takes years of working with real distortion measurements before types of distortion at various frequencies can be properly identified using only ears. Enough said.
Edited by Inks - 5/28/12 at 12:45pm
If you have a problem with microphonics then use a shirt clip. I take them on power walks sometimes and with a shirt clip there is no cable noise.
Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk.
I don't think there is a consensus yet. Not enough people have them. If Jarret is looking to try other tips(I don't particularly think much of the AT tips) maybe he hasn't heard them to their potential. So, can't give it much worth now. Let's say Eric is preference or hype, then throw that out as well. When enough people have them we will know what the deal is just like the GR07. A little early to be taking sides. This hasn't been proven yet is true but it does sound like you are at least a bit biased towards the GR07. The GR07 was unproven early on as well and others said similar things vs. earphone X that they were fond of. Let the chips fall where they may.
Say Joker scores the CKM99 an 8.8 which he did and the GR07 a 9.1 so now the upgraded series(as per usual when AT goes from double digits to triple digits) is improved and Dsnuts says it is a jump from the CKM99 so it is not far fetched that they can be around the GR07. If the SQ levels are close but, as expected they do different things, then preference is an issue and is important. Anyone will keep the one they like better. It is useful to know why that is just as much as measurements.
I have no affinity for either as the GR07 and AT CKS77LTD were my last two phones I have sold. Still didn't think AT was quite there yet with the CKS77 and the ASG-1 dispatched of the GR07.
Let's see if we get to about a dozen GR07 owners that also get the CKM500 through buying/borrowing/whatever and see what we they think and why about everything that matters including measurements, preference, the whole thing.
Ive ordered a few albums from them in the past and never had to pay any customs fees. I hear it's pretty random though. Hopefully those of us who ordered from them dont get hit with customs charges
- The ATH-CKM500..The best CKM earphone yet.
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 16 seconds ago
- › Review of Audio Technica ATH-IM01, ATH-IM02, ATH-IM03, ATH-IM04,... 28 seconds ago
- › New RHA T20 DualCoil in ear!! 1 minute ago
- › Analog Squared Paper Discussion Thread. 1 minute ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 1 minute ago
- › Three Word Story 2 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo - The PORTABLE discussion thread 2 minutes ago
- › [REVIEW]: Noble Audio Kaiser 10: 10-driver Custom-Fit In-Ear Monitor 3 minutes ago
- › Best Headphones under £200 for Rock/Vocals in 2015? 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by felixgrill
- › Kenwood KA-405 vinatge stereo receiver by headphones1999
- › Audio-Technica ATH-ESW9 Sovereign Wood Headphones by Feilong4
- › Sony SRSX3 Portable NFC Bluetooth Wireless Speaker (Black) with... by xlordvader
- › Creative Aurvana Live! Headphones by MCouary
- › Arcam irDAC Audiophile Grade Digital to Analog Converter by cub3
- › Bottlehead Mainline by JamieMcC
- › MEElectronics Air-Fi® Matrix2 AF62 Stereo Bluetooth®... by YoYo JoKeR
- › Graham Slee Solo Ultra Linear Headphone Amplifier by mark2410
- › Topping VX1 2x25W Hi-Fi Power Stereo Subwoofer Amplifier... by YoYo JoKeR
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2