Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The ATH-CKM500..The best CKM earphone yet.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The ATH-CKM500..The best CKM earphone yet. - Page 26

post #376 of 1904
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsnuts View Post

The way I see it. I think we all agree these are fantastic value. Am I wrong? To me it matters less what is better than what. It should be more about enjoying our new earphones. I concur with eric. I was that impressed myself.. I enjoy all my earphones even the ones I don't listen to much. I make it a point to listen to them all just to get a good perspective on different sound signatures and what sounds right and not so right about all of them. In the end we will all have an idea of what type of sound we all like in an earphones.

 

To me while these CKM500 aren't tops in sound. They certainly act like it and has so many aspects and positives in the sound that many here at headfi will like..I think finding that perfect earphone will always be illusive because I don't think such an earphone exist. Be it a 8 driver custom or a cheapo. But these sit somewhere in the middle of that journey for me and I simply enjoy them as much as time will allow..Enjoy them earphones fellas as these are yours now. Who cares if these sound or don't sound like this or that. When your listening to your music and it puts a smile on your face. That was money well spent.

 

 

Well stated, Dsnuts (aka: the devil)...lol beerchug.gif

post #377 of 1904
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericp10 View Post

 

 

Well stated, Dsnuts (aka: the devil)...lol beerchug.gif


Wut U talkin bout. Eric Muhahahaha!images.jpg

post #378 of 1904

LOL

post #379 of 1904

I loled hard everytime I see Dave reviews some new headphones.

First is HTF600S, then 8320, many people think Dave was crazy and hyped these things, and it's half true. He is crazy for sure, but no hype. 

post #380 of 1904
Thread Starter 

Sure I bet there are many that think I am crazy. I mean who goes onto the worlds number 1 audiophile site and suggests a $7.11 earphone?Lol. Even for me that is nuts. I was even called out from some headfiers. " These threads should be about high end" Lol! I remember there was a guy just mocking me about the isurus thread too. Lol! It happens. Much like a big dinner buffet. You all have your choices on what to eat no?

 

I bring the mac n cheese..Cheap but good. Lol!

post #381 of 1904
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsnuts View Post

Sure I bet there are many that think I am crazy. I mean who goes onto the worlds number 1 audiophile site and suggests a $7.11 earphone?Lol. Even for me that is nuts. I was even called out from some headfiers. " These threads should be about high end" Lol! I remember there was a guy just mocking me about the isurus thread too. Lol! It happens. Much like a big dinner buffet. You all have your choices on what to eat no?

 

I bring the mac n cheese..Cheap but good. Lol!

I think you mean pot luck...unless you are crazy and you bring mac and cheese to the buffet

post #382 of 1904
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyon Thinh View Post

I loled hard everytime I see Dave reviews some new headphones.

First is HTF600S, then 8320, many people think Dave was crazy and hyped these things, and it's half true. He is crazy for sure, but no hype

 

There is so much hype in all his threads it can power a third world country. He is a one man hypomanic hype machine going on pure adrenaline and a little help from speed injected straight to his heart... However they are from what I experienced well earned hype.

post #383 of 1904
Thread Starter 

Lol guys. Well now you all know hype from me is for a reason.. Not every day I hear something special in sound. For me to ok the product it has to hold it's value to what we pay for them. Be it these CKM500s or a cheapo like a FX40..I remember getting asked if there is an earphone I didn't like. Oh man you guys have no idea the turds I go through to find these. 

 

Here is another thing that is crazy. I went through every single previous generation CKM earphone just to get to these CKM500. Would most headfiers do something like that?. Probably not. But for me it was worth it as I am a big fan of ATs earphones. If they showed no improvement from year to year I don't think I would have the enthusiasm for these earphones like I do. But that is just what they have done with each new CKM earphone they have made.  How will the soon to be out CKM700 sound?

 

We will see. But for now. Do not overlook these CKM500s. It will not surprise me if these become one of your favorites.

post #384 of 1904
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweden View Post

 

There is so much hype in all his threads it can power a third world country. He is a one man hypomanic hype machine going on pure adrenaline and a little help from speed injected straight to his heart... However they are from what I experienced well earned hype.

Hahaha, my mistake, sure it is. Because of hypomanic hype machine, he becomes crazy.

I remember my HTF600S, I'm still using it. I introduced it to my friend, who was smod of one audiophiles forum in my country. He listened to it, and when I told him the price, he said: WTF.

When it got 9,5 from joker for value, he said: no surprise, since it's that good.


Edited by Kyon Thinh - 5/23/12 at 11:51am
post #385 of 1904
Quote:
Originally Posted by eke2k6 View Post

 

That's strange. I got the confirmation seconds after I ordered.

same

post #386 of 1904
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarrett View Post

 

I don't want to say you're wrong, but first impressions are often misleading because you haven't actually used them for a few weeks and figured out its pros/cons and just post the "wow" factor. It's crazy to think the CKM500 is more refined than the GR07 and IMO it doesn't have sub-bass. There is no way the GR07 has harsher highs and there is nothing smooth about the CKM500. The only way I can describe "smooth" is the sound of a live orchestra and the CKM500 sound nothing like it. I usher at an orchestra so I have it ingrained in my head. Instrument separation is almost definitely worse on the CKM500

 

Interesting, can't wait to hear these now!  I wasn't a fan of the GR07 but I was already into my customs at that point.  I also hear there might be two different sounding GR07's.  The CKM500 is going to make me really happy or really really effing pissed!  Hahaha!! tongue_smile.gif

post #387 of 1904

I just reread jarrett's comment where he states it doesn't have sub-bass. In that case, you're not getting a proper deep enough seal and you're not wearing the CKM500 correctly. It has plenty of deep sub-bass. If you're not wearing these where you can hear the sub-bass, then I can see why you don't like the CKM500, but it's not the earphone. It's user error in my opinion (unless you have a defective IEM).

post #388 of 1904
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericp10 View Post

I just reread jarrett's comment where he states it doesn't have sub-bass. In that case, you're not getting a proper deep enough seal and you're not wearing the CKM500 correctly. It has plenty of deep sub-bass. If you're not wearing these where you can hear the sub-bass, then I can see why you don't like the CKM500, but it's not the earphone. It's user error in my opinion (unless you have a defective IEM).


Agreed! Get the rights tips on and jam them in. If properly sealed they have plenty of sub bass. They actually do dubstep and trance just fine. An improper seal could also be the reason the are sounding edgy to jarrett as well. They do not sound edgy to me.


Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk
post #389 of 1904

That's it! Ordered from eBay, a seller from Japan. Style-wise, I went for the silver with white wires. This'll contrast with my polished gold Tributes that I'll A/B against when the silver arrive and get burned.

post #390 of 1904

jarrett I'm about to do an extensive A/B of the CKM500 and GR07 right now. May the best IEM win. I'll put some brief results here a little later.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The ATH-CKM500..The best CKM earphone yet.