- 103 Posts. Joined 9/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio Technica ATH-CKM500 BK | Inner Headphones (Japan Import)tagged by System, 6/6/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 6/6/12
Related Forum Threads
- Best IEM for under $100? Last post on 7/30/13 at 5:52am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best Deep bass In earphones for me? Last post on 9/30/12 at 7:38am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- SoundMAGIC E10's? Vs. Klipsch Image S4's? Last post on 9/28/12 at 6:33am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- US$130 budget. Best headphones/IEM for Trance, Dance, HipHop, Classical Last post on 9/28/12 at 6:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Have £200 budget to get myself 2 pairs of headphones/earphones please help Last post on 9/26/12 at 12:56am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
$250 (got mine 10% off from a promo code on theheadphonelist.com but it was only valid for 2014) - 2 Balanced armature Drivers - 1 Bass Driver - 1 High Frequency Driver - 1 sound bore -...
Intro There are very few headphones which have survived three decades and still remain as the main workhorse for many sound professionals around the world. The Sony MDR-7506 started out as...
This is not a review, just my simple impression of Grado SR80e. I purchased SR80e and listened to them... what a hell is going on...lol..at this price point...sounds great...I am now a fan boy of...
Aune B1 portable headphone amplifier Review [[SPOILER]] Intro: Focusing on achieving high quality sound at a competitive price point while utilizing premium materials and uniquely eye-catching...
Ok i'll just jump straight to the point, should you buy this? Absolutely Not . Here's why; - It's a screen-less shuffle style player, obviously not intended to compete with the screened DAP...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
The ATH-CKM500..The best CKM earphone yet. - Page 109
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I yesterday plugged them in cowon c2 and now understand why lots of persons say that they are boomy. It players fault, you need to get player with less bass, like rocoo ba or sony z1000. With rocoo ba for example they sound fantastic- signature and quality is like hd25 and better than anything else- tf10, ie80, mmdt, westone 2 and so on.
I play the ckm500 through the revealing 'hisound studio v player' and i completely agree with the above post.
The ckm500 soundstage is intimate and involving .. for the money they are Superb !
The ckm500s are highly recommended for a good reason , in my humble opinion )
For those who purchased the CKM500i (for iPhone), have you had any issues with them?
I keep my earphones in a tough Pelican case but the mobile phone controls on these earphones have spoiled.
They now skip, pause or fast forward my songs randomly without any touch of the controls.
And when I do press the controls, they don't do anything!
I really like the CKM500s so I might spring for another pair.
I was just wondering if anyone else experienced similar issues (CKM500 and CKM500i included).
Thanks in advance
I have tried my CKM500 with three sources so far.
1) My laptop which sounds thin and bright with recessed bass.
2) Ibasso d zero DAC/AMP which sounds neutral, may be slightly on the brighter side.
3) Sony MP3 player which sounds warm with just a bit north of neutral bass.
WIth all the three sources the CKM500 shows a muddy and prominent mid bass peak that colours the lower mids. The bass characteristics stays more or less the same regardless of the type of source (atleast the ones mentioned above).
I like the CKM500 for what it is (and love it after some Eq), but to be honest it is nowhere near the likes of westone 2, ie80 or tf10. I have not heard the HD25 but by judging how well it is mostly regarded as a respectable high end portable can, I believe CKM500 is the inferior one.
Just my opinions!
Edited by omastic - 10/2/12 at 2:47am
Mine don't have that many ours on them, but the TF10 with more than one driver are just in another league. You may just prefer the sound-sig of the ckm500, which is fine.
Bought myself a pair of the red CKMs a couple of weeks ago to use in the office, and I have been loving them. They sound great out my Leckerton UHA 6S - ohhhh, that bass! Meaty, visceral, ample. Basically all that I was not getting out of my old Meelec earbuds, and more. As others have noted on this thread, the mids are great, and soundstage is quite nice as well for this price point.
Of course, they do better with some genres of music than others. Electronic, rap and anything with a big bassline sounds just great. Is there too much midbass, as some have noted? Not to these ears, but I'm a bit of a basshead.
Case in point, TNGHT- Higher Ground (1080p, please!)
It does pretty well with guitars too. Ali Farka Toure sounds verrrry nice, with just enough bite to the strings:
Ali Farka Toure - Savane
Joan as Policewoman - Flushed Chest
Jonathan Johansson : Aldrig Ensam
However, classical is just a no-go. Too congested, and for some reason, the soundstage narrows way too much. Like listening through a cardboard tube. With that said, it is still the best ~$60 I have every spent on iems.
Oh and, how about some appreciation for the packaging? Opening up the package is like some elaborate origami puzzle box, one tug and everything elegantly and effortlessly unfolds - now that is some seriously well-done frustration free packaging!
EDIT: corrected model name
Edited by WestLander - 10/9/12 at 7:45pm
Best burn in files. I use Drum n Bass music on a loop. If your using your PC you can use this. http://www.bassdrivearchive.com/flashme/ I would turn up the sound so it is fairly loud to you. Then take it off your ears. Turn it up 1/2 notch more and let it rip for the hours. For tips I would use Meelec tips. The stock ones aren't bad but they actually throw some limitations on the sound. Bigger wider nozzle types are best. Smaller nozzle tips like Sony hybrids end up restricting the sound on these. So tips that are wider than the nozzle opening are optimal. I remember a while back one of the guys liked the double flange tips from Meelec. Those initially seemed good as they widen the stage and it does but ends up deadening some of the dynamics in the highs and mids. So anything short with a wide bore is optimal.
lol. I hate to be "that guy," but can anyone help me out with this question?
They are vented, so isolation is only average, maybe even slightly below average. They dont isolate all that well, so they would not be optimal In noisy places.
These are vented out back which gives the sound depth and the above average stage they have. In other words they don't isolate all that well..I don't think these would be ideal for isolation. They sound great as a result of the venting but you will be able to hear people around you.
- The ATH-CKM500..The best CKM earphone yet.
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.2 3 minutes ago
- › New Member Introductions thread 4 minutes ago
- › The Soekris R-2R DAC: Technical Details 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Gustard U12 USB Interface 8 Core XMOS chip 6 minutes ago
- › Straight Dope on Balanced out vs S.E on dac/amp 9 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 9 minutes ago
- › X7, the Flagship DAP from FiiO ( updated on 15/12/2014) 9 minutes ago
- › Apple Touch 5G thread. 10 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 11 minutes ago
- › Perfect Seal SportBud Silver by DreamKing
- › Sony MDR7506 Professional Large Diaphragm Headphone by RudeWolf
- › Grado Labs SR80e by Pokemonn
- › Aune B1 by money4me247
- › Hippo Biscuit by BruceBanner
- › MartinLogan Mikros 90 Reference On-Ear Headphones by remwang
- › SoundMAGIC E50 / E50S by mark2410
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by hakushondaimao
- › Brainwavz BLU-100 Bluetooth IEMs by kova4a
- › EarSonics Velvet by LMka
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2