- 103 Posts. Joined 9/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio Technica ATH-CKM500 BK | Inner Headphones (Japan Import)tagged by System, 6/6/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 6/6/12
Related Forum Threads
- Best IEM for under $100? Last post on 7/30/13 at 5:52am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best Deep bass In earphones for me? Last post on 9/30/12 at 7:38am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- SoundMAGIC E10's? Vs. Klipsch Image S4's? Last post on 9/28/12 at 6:33am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- US$130 budget. Best headphones/IEM for Trance, Dance, HipHop, Classical Last post on 9/28/12 at 6:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Have £200 budget to get myself 2 pairs of headphones/earphones please help Last post on 9/26/12 at 12:56am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Related Head Gear
Intro This was my first real pair of headphones, and they satisfied me for two years. So it is only fitting that my first headphone review be on these awesome headphones. The HD598s are a great...
Introduction First I want to start with an "I'm sorry" because I took so long to write this and to top it off, I feel as if the review was a "waste of time" because, well, I don't see it as very...
This is a review of the Noble 8c, an eight drivers 4 ways ciems. You could check the specs on the noble web site. Please be kind in your critics, as this is my first review ever, and that English...
Porta Pros simply made the biggest difference for me when listening to music as I have switched from some low-end sony in-ear to them and suddenly when playing the same song music became more rich...
From the moment Charles told me about the new project that he was working on, “Project Palaios”, I was intrigued. A wooden amp? That’s certainly not what you hear everyday and from the pictures...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
The ATH-CKM500..The best CKM earphone yet. - Page 109
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I yesterday plugged them in cowon c2 and now understand why lots of persons say that they are boomy. It players fault, you need to get player with less bass, like rocoo ba or sony z1000. With rocoo ba for example they sound fantastic- signature and quality is like hd25 and better than anything else- tf10, ie80, mmdt, westone 2 and so on.
I play the ckm500 through the revealing 'hisound studio v player' and i completely agree with the above post.
The ckm500 soundstage is intimate and involving .. for the money they are Superb !
The ckm500s are highly recommended for a good reason , in my humble opinion )
For those who purchased the CKM500i (for iPhone), have you had any issues with them?
I keep my earphones in a tough Pelican case but the mobile phone controls on these earphones have spoiled.
They now skip, pause or fast forward my songs randomly without any touch of the controls.
And when I do press the controls, they don't do anything!
I really like the CKM500s so I might spring for another pair.
I was just wondering if anyone else experienced similar issues (CKM500 and CKM500i included).
Thanks in advance
I have tried my CKM500 with three sources so far.
1) My laptop which sounds thin and bright with recessed bass.
2) Ibasso d zero DAC/AMP which sounds neutral, may be slightly on the brighter side.
3) Sony MP3 player which sounds warm with just a bit north of neutral bass.
WIth all the three sources the CKM500 shows a muddy and prominent mid bass peak that colours the lower mids. The bass characteristics stays more or less the same regardless of the type of source (atleast the ones mentioned above).
I like the CKM500 for what it is (and love it after some Eq), but to be honest it is nowhere near the likes of westone 2, ie80 or tf10. I have not heard the HD25 but by judging how well it is mostly regarded as a respectable high end portable can, I believe CKM500 is the inferior one.
Just my opinions!
Edited by omastic - 10/2/12 at 2:47am
Mine don't have that many ours on them, but the TF10 with more than one driver are just in another league. You may just prefer the sound-sig of the ckm500, which is fine.
Bought myself a pair of the red CKMs a couple of weeks ago to use in the office, and I have been loving them. They sound great out my Leckerton UHA 6S - ohhhh, that bass! Meaty, visceral, ample. Basically all that I was not getting out of my old Meelec earbuds, and more. As others have noted on this thread, the mids are great, and soundstage is quite nice as well for this price point.
Of course, they do better with some genres of music than others. Electronic, rap and anything with a big bassline sounds just great. Is there too much midbass, as some have noted? Not to these ears, but I'm a bit of a basshead.
Case in point, TNGHT- Higher Ground (1080p, please!)
It does pretty well with guitars too. Ali Farka Toure sounds verrrry nice, with just enough bite to the strings:
Ali Farka Toure - Savane
Joan as Policewoman - Flushed Chest
Jonathan Johansson : Aldrig Ensam
However, classical is just a no-go. Too congested, and for some reason, the soundstage narrows way too much. Like listening through a cardboard tube. With that said, it is still the best ~$60 I have every spent on iems.
Oh and, how about some appreciation for the packaging? Opening up the package is like some elaborate origami puzzle box, one tug and everything elegantly and effortlessly unfolds - now that is some seriously well-done frustration free packaging!
EDIT: corrected model name
Edited by WestLander - 10/9/12 at 7:45pm
Best burn in files. I use Drum n Bass music on a loop. If your using your PC you can use this. http://www.bassdrivearchive.com/flashme/ I would turn up the sound so it is fairly loud to you. Then take it off your ears. Turn it up 1/2 notch more and let it rip for the hours. For tips I would use Meelec tips. The stock ones aren't bad but they actually throw some limitations on the sound. Bigger wider nozzle types are best. Smaller nozzle tips like Sony hybrids end up restricting the sound on these. So tips that are wider than the nozzle opening are optimal. I remember a while back one of the guys liked the double flange tips from Meelec. Those initially seemed good as they widen the stage and it does but ends up deadening some of the dynamics in the highs and mids. So anything short with a wide bore is optimal.
lol. I hate to be "that guy," but can anyone help me out with this question?
They are vented, so isolation is only average, maybe even slightly below average. They dont isolate all that well, so they would not be optimal In noisy places.
These are vented out back which gives the sound depth and the above average stage they have. In other words they don't isolate all that well..I don't think these would be ideal for isolation. They sound great as a result of the venting but you will be able to hear people around you.
- The ATH-CKM500..The best CKM earphone yet.
- › Sennheiser HD 518 vs HD 558. 10 seconds ago
- › New AKG flagship K812 first impression 22 seconds ago
- › Help Looking for All-Around (Portable) Over Ears 1 minute ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 3 minutes ago
- › Digizoid ZO3 is "Coming Soon" 3 minutes ago
- › Help with portable headphone recommendations! 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO E12DIY Limited Edition Version updated on 6/9, can balance... 4 minutes ago
- › Speaker amps for headphones 4 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 4 minutes ago
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by davisman
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by gelocks
- › Noble Audio 8C by John0405
- › Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open ) by cipurian
- › Project Palaios: Iona by lin0003
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by getclikinagas
- › JAYS T00093 a-JAYS Five Earphones for Android - Black by mark2410
- › Beats Pro Over-Ear Headphone (White) by DigitalGrounder
- › AMB Laboratories γ2 (Gamma2) by JustinBieber
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by kmaenpaa
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe