- 103 Posts. Joined 9/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio Technica ATH-CKM500 BK | Inner Headphones (Japan Import)tagged by System, 6/6/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 6/6/12
Related Forum Threads
- Best IEM for under $100? Last post on 7/30/13 at 5:52am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best Deep bass In earphones for me? Last post on 9/30/12 at 7:38am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- SoundMAGIC E10's? Vs. Klipsch Image S4's? Last post on 9/28/12 at 6:33am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- US$130 budget. Best headphones/IEM for Trance, Dance, HipHop, Classical Last post on 9/28/12 at 6:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Have £200 budget to get myself 2 pairs of headphones/earphones please help Last post on 9/26/12 at 12:56am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I have had 2 pairs and both have stopped working, these aren't professional headphones and I'd stay away from them if you want to keep them longer than a year of professional use. Spend your...
just want to order one and will try the reviews once get it FBA seems be fast waiting
I have 50 hours active listening and another 150 passive/occasional on these. Equipment: Ragnarok, Gungnir, Sony CD 5 CD tray, Senn HD-600 set up for balanced Listen to Yes ('15 Remix,...
At the time this review was written the FLC 8S was listed for sale on Amazon and Musicteck’s website. Here are links for more information and purchase....
The review you are about to read is very personal and contains details some might find boring or unimportant. You have been warned. My personal search for a great headphone began with a love...
The ATH-CKM500..The best CKM earphone yet. - Page 109post #1621 of 19219/27/12 at 9:47pmI yesterday plugged them in cowon c2 and now understand why lots of persons say that they are boomy. It players fault, you need to get player with less bass, like rocoo ba or sony z1000. With rocoo ba for example they sound fantastic- signature and quality is like hd25 and better than anything else- tf10, ie80, mmdt, westone 2 and so on.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1622 of 19219/28/12 at 12:32amQuote:Originally Posted by rikardoliepa
I yesterday plugged them in cowon c2 and now understand why lots of persons say that they are boomy. It players fault, you need to get player with less bass, like rocoo ba or sony z1000. With rocoo ba for example they sound fantastic- signature and quality is like hd25 and better than anything else- tf10, ie80, mmdt, westone 2 and so on.
I play the ckm500 through the revealing 'hisound studio v player' and i completely agree with the above post.
The ckm500 soundstage is intimate and involving .. for the money they are Superb !
The ckm500s are highly recommended for a good reason , in my humble opinion )post #1623 of 192110/1/12 at 9:54pm
For those who purchased the CKM500i (for iPhone), have you had any issues with them?
I keep my earphones in a tough Pelican case but the mobile phone controls on these earphones have spoiled.
They now skip, pause or fast forward my songs randomly without any touch of the controls.
And when I do press the controls, they don't do anything!
I really like the CKM500s so I might spring for another pair.
I was just wondering if anyone else experienced similar issues (CKM500 and CKM500i included).
Thanks in advancepost #1624 of 192110/1/12 at 11:31pmpost #1625 of 192110/2/12 at 2:43am
I have tried my CKM500 with three sources so far.
1) My laptop which sounds thin and bright with recessed bass.
2) Ibasso d zero DAC/AMP which sounds neutral, may be slightly on the brighter side.
3) Sony MP3 player which sounds warm with just a bit north of neutral bass.
WIth all the three sources the CKM500 shows a muddy and prominent mid bass peak that colours the lower mids. The bass characteristics stays more or less the same regardless of the type of source (atleast the ones mentioned above).
I like the CKM500 for what it is (and love it after some Eq), but to be honest it is nowhere near the likes of westone 2, ie80 or tf10. I have not heard the HD25 but by judging how well it is mostly regarded as a respectable high end portable can, I believe CKM500 is the inferior one.
Just my opinions!
Edited by omastic - 10/2/12 at 2:47ampost #1626 of 192110/2/12 at 2:57amA lot of users are reporting too much midbass, nothing wrong with the criticism. Guess it depends where you are coming from, the bass-lenients are more tolerable of it.post #1627 of 192110/2/12 at 9:54pmQuote:
Mine don't have that many ours on them, but the TF10 with more than one driver are just in another league. You may just prefer the sound-sig of the ckm500, which is fine.post #1628 of 192110/8/12 at 4:20pm
Bought myself a pair of the red CKMs a couple of weeks ago to use in the office, and I have been loving them. They sound great out my Leckerton UHA 6S - ohhhh, that bass! Meaty, visceral, ample. Basically all that I was not getting out of my old Meelec earbuds, and more. As others have noted on this thread, the mids are great, and soundstage is quite nice as well for this price point.
Of course, they do better with some genres of music than others. Electronic, rap and anything with a big bassline sounds just great. Is there too much midbass, as some have noted? Not to these ears, but I'm a bit of a basshead.
Case in point, TNGHT- Higher Ground (1080p, please!)
It does pretty well with guitars too. Ali Farka Toure sounds verrrry nice, with just enough bite to the strings:
Ali Farka Toure - Savane
Joan as Policewoman - Flushed Chest
Jonathan Johansson : Aldrig Ensam
However, classical is just a no-go. Too congested, and for some reason, the soundstage narrows way too much. Like listening through a cardboard tube. With that said, it is still the best ~$60 I have every spent on iems.
Oh and, how about some appreciation for the packaging? Opening up the package is like some elaborate origami puzzle box, one tug and everything elegantly and effortlessly unfolds - now that is some seriously well-done frustration free packaging!
EDIT: corrected model name
Edited by WestLander - 10/9/12 at 7:45pmpost #1629 of 192110/8/12 at 4:34pmThread Starterpost #1630 of 192110/8/12 at 4:59pmpost #1631 of 192110/8/12 at 5:09pmThread Starter
Best burn in files. I use Drum n Bass music on a loop. If your using your PC you can use this. http://www.bassdrivearchive.com/flashme/ I would turn up the sound so it is fairly loud to you. Then take it off your ears. Turn it up 1/2 notch more and let it rip for the hours. For tips I would use Meelec tips. The stock ones aren't bad but they actually throw some limitations on the sound. Bigger wider nozzle types are best. Smaller nozzle tips like Sony hybrids end up restricting the sound on these. So tips that are wider than the nozzle opening are optimal. I remember a while back one of the guys liked the double flange tips from Meelec. Those initially seemed good as they widen the stage and it does but ends up deadening some of the dynamics in the highs and mids. So anything short with a wide bore is optimal.post #1632 of 192110/8/12 at 5:34pmQuote:
lol. I hate to be "that guy," but can anyone help me out with this question?post #1633 of 192110/8/12 at 5:39pm
They are vented, so isolation is only average, maybe even slightly below average. They dont isolate all that well, so they would not be optimal In noisy places.post #1634 of 192110/8/12 at 5:39pmThread Starter
These are vented out back which gives the sound depth and the above average stage they have. In other words they don't isolate all that well..I don't think these would be ideal for isolation. They sound great as a result of the venting but you will be able to hear people around you.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The ATH-CKM500..The best CKM earphone yet.
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova 1 minute ago
- › Magaosi K3 PRO impressions and discussions thread. 1 minute ago
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 2 minutes ago
- › Amp recommendations for Audeze LCD-2 2 minutes ago
- › iDSD micro Black Label. Tour details (page 147). Release info (page... 3 minutes ago
- › Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar... 3 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest NightOwl - A closed-back NightHawk 4 minutes ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 4 minutes ago
- › V-MODA Crossfade 2 Wireless - We Discuss It With Val Kolton -... 4 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 4 minutes ago
- › Shure SRH840 by Russell Folland
- › Seahf Metal Housing In-Ear Earbuds Headphones Noise Cancelling... by Byran
- › Fostex TH500RP by bagwell359
- › FLC Technology FLC 8S by Hisoundfi
- › Meze 99 Classics by dany111777
- › SONY Walkman A series NW-A35 (R) (16GB) (Sina bar Red) by meringo
- › Custom Art Harmony 8.2 by Ike1985
- › AUNE M1S 32BIT/384KHZ DSD128 3.5MM/2.5MM BALANCED HIFI AUDIOPHILE... by Hypespazm
- › Fischer Audio Totem Paco by B9Scrambler
- › Sennheiser HD 598 Cs by peaches
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear