- 103 Posts. Joined 9/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio Technica ATH-CKM500 BK | Inner Headphones (Japan Import)tagged by System, 6/6/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 6/6/12
Related Forum Threads
- Best IEM for under $100? Last post on 7/30/13 at 5:52am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best Deep bass In earphones for me? Last post on 9/30/12 at 7:38am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- SoundMAGIC E10's? Vs. Klipsch Image S4's? Last post on 9/28/12 at 6:33am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- US$130 budget. Best headphones/IEM for Trance, Dance, HipHop, Classical Last post on 9/28/12 at 6:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Have £200 budget to get myself 2 pairs of headphones/earphones please help Last post on 9/26/12 at 12:56am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Fiio X3 V2 World Tour 2015, UK. Let me begin by saying that this Fiio X3 v2 is on lend to me for a short time as part of the world tour of 2015, the unit does not belong to me and I have no...
One day before a long trip I found out that my earbuds was blown out, so I went to one near store to find some quick replacement, then I choose these because there was none of my...
I bought these headphones love / hate with the taste of the challenge. I learned that in Germany have discovered a reversible change to free the low and I started the monkey. I got them used to not...
sorry my English is Google translate The sound of these hifiman immediately like it or hate it. They have a strong character, perfect bass, brilliant highs, medium tone mind incorrect. A few years...
sorry my English is Google translate I bought this machine to see if such facilities exist hifi quality level beyond which the feeling of fidelity sound becomes real. Unfortunately, I'm afraid I...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
The ATH-CKM500..The best CKM earphone yet. - Page 109
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I yesterday plugged them in cowon c2 and now understand why lots of persons say that they are boomy. It players fault, you need to get player with less bass, like rocoo ba or sony z1000. With rocoo ba for example they sound fantastic- signature and quality is like hd25 and better than anything else- tf10, ie80, mmdt, westone 2 and so on.
I play the ckm500 through the revealing 'hisound studio v player' and i completely agree with the above post.
The ckm500 soundstage is intimate and involving .. for the money they are Superb !
The ckm500s are highly recommended for a good reason , in my humble opinion )
For those who purchased the CKM500i (for iPhone), have you had any issues with them?
I keep my earphones in a tough Pelican case but the mobile phone controls on these earphones have spoiled.
They now skip, pause or fast forward my songs randomly without any touch of the controls.
And when I do press the controls, they don't do anything!
I really like the CKM500s so I might spring for another pair.
I was just wondering if anyone else experienced similar issues (CKM500 and CKM500i included).
Thanks in advance
I have tried my CKM500 with three sources so far.
1) My laptop which sounds thin and bright with recessed bass.
2) Ibasso d zero DAC/AMP which sounds neutral, may be slightly on the brighter side.
3) Sony MP3 player which sounds warm with just a bit north of neutral bass.
WIth all the three sources the CKM500 shows a muddy and prominent mid bass peak that colours the lower mids. The bass characteristics stays more or less the same regardless of the type of source (atleast the ones mentioned above).
I like the CKM500 for what it is (and love it after some Eq), but to be honest it is nowhere near the likes of westone 2, ie80 or tf10. I have not heard the HD25 but by judging how well it is mostly regarded as a respectable high end portable can, I believe CKM500 is the inferior one.
Just my opinions!
Edited by omastic - 10/2/12 at 2:47am
Mine don't have that many ours on them, but the TF10 with more than one driver are just in another league. You may just prefer the sound-sig of the ckm500, which is fine.
Bought myself a pair of the red CKMs a couple of weeks ago to use in the office, and I have been loving them. They sound great out my Leckerton UHA 6S - ohhhh, that bass! Meaty, visceral, ample. Basically all that I was not getting out of my old Meelec earbuds, and more. As others have noted on this thread, the mids are great, and soundstage is quite nice as well for this price point.
Of course, they do better with some genres of music than others. Electronic, rap and anything with a big bassline sounds just great. Is there too much midbass, as some have noted? Not to these ears, but I'm a bit of a basshead.
Case in point, TNGHT- Higher Ground (1080p, please!)
It does pretty well with guitars too. Ali Farka Toure sounds verrrry nice, with just enough bite to the strings:
Ali Farka Toure - Savane
Joan as Policewoman - Flushed Chest
Jonathan Johansson : Aldrig Ensam
However, classical is just a no-go. Too congested, and for some reason, the soundstage narrows way too much. Like listening through a cardboard tube. With that said, it is still the best ~$60 I have every spent on iems.
Oh and, how about some appreciation for the packaging? Opening up the package is like some elaborate origami puzzle box, one tug and everything elegantly and effortlessly unfolds - now that is some seriously well-done frustration free packaging!
EDIT: corrected model name
Edited by WestLander - 10/9/12 at 7:45pm
Best burn in files. I use Drum n Bass music on a loop. If your using your PC you can use this. http://www.bassdrivearchive.com/flashme/ I would turn up the sound so it is fairly loud to you. Then take it off your ears. Turn it up 1/2 notch more and let it rip for the hours. For tips I would use Meelec tips. The stock ones aren't bad but they actually throw some limitations on the sound. Bigger wider nozzle types are best. Smaller nozzle tips like Sony hybrids end up restricting the sound on these. So tips that are wider than the nozzle opening are optimal. I remember a while back one of the guys liked the double flange tips from Meelec. Those initially seemed good as they widen the stage and it does but ends up deadening some of the dynamics in the highs and mids. So anything short with a wide bore is optimal.
lol. I hate to be "that guy," but can anyone help me out with this question?
They are vented, so isolation is only average, maybe even slightly below average. They dont isolate all that well, so they would not be optimal In noisy places.
These are vented out back which gives the sound depth and the above average stage they have. In other words they don't isolate all that well..I don't think these would be ideal for isolation. They sound great as a result of the venting but you will be able to hear people around you.
- The ATH-CKM500..The best CKM earphone yet.
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 9 seconds ago
- › CanJam London 2015 Is Official! August 29-30, 2015! 18 seconds ago
- › Win BoomPro to Transform you ordinary headphone into a pro... 25 seconds ago
- › Pics of Headphones... Rules: ONE PIC. NO WORDS! 42 seconds ago
- › MrSpeakers Ether Impressions Thread 43 seconds ago
- › 32 OHM Headphone advice please. 1 minute ago
- › EarSonics Velvet universal custom in ear monitor with three sound... 1 minute ago
- › How and why do members fall in love with second tier headphones? 1 minute ago
- › Need recommendations for Over The Ear Headphones + Amp/DAC 3 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 3 minutes ago
- › MEElectronics M-Duo by Luckbad
- › Fostex TH600 Dynamic Headphones by ilovesocks
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by Dickymint
- › Headphones EB-BL Jelleez Ear Buds Black by LuigiSound
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by 1Infinity
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by 1Infinity
- › Audio-gd NFB-28 by 1Infinity
- › FiiO X5 High-res Portable Music Player by Currawong
- › T-Peos Altone 350 Hybrid 3 driver IEM by svyr
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by earfonia
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2