- 103 Posts. Joined 9/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio Technica ATH-CKM500 BK | Inner Headphones (Japan Import)tagged by System, 6/6/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 6/6/12
Related Forum Threads
- Best IEM for under $100? Last post on 7/30/13 at 5:52am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best Deep bass In earphones for me? Last post on 9/30/12 at 7:38am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- SoundMAGIC E10's? Vs. Klipsch Image S4's? Last post on 9/28/12 at 6:33am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- US$130 budget. Best headphones/IEM for Trance, Dance, HipHop, Classical Last post on 9/28/12 at 6:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Have £200 budget to get myself 2 pairs of headphones/earphones please help Last post on 9/26/12 at 12:56am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I’d like to thank John Seaber and the folks at JDS Labs for the C5D loaner unit. Accessories The C5D ships with a 1.5 foot USB mini-B cable, a set of four rubber stick-on feet and an...
This is a review of the upcoming FiiO X1 digital audio player (DAP). Until my first experience with X5, a little over half a year ago, I used to refer to all dedicated audio players as "mp3"...
It's annoying because I didn't read the manual so I naturally fitted the SE215's wrong, and then looked at videos and found the right fit. The SE215 lack bass with the foam tips, so I put on the...
Before I get started, I’d like to thank the team at Audiofly and Billy from Noisy Motel for making this tour possible. I know that the AF140s have received some criticism so far which is always a...
Disclaimer: I received my R3s for free under the condition I would write a review for them. Purchase price reflects their going rate on a popular online retailer at the time of the review. The...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
The ATH-CKM500..The best CKM earphone yet. - Page 107
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Lol at making inaccurate comparisons between earphones, then passing it off as a fact.
Furthermore, attempting to justify it by referencing someone else's reviews.
Although, I guess defining what a "tier above" means is subjective - I guess under some people's eyes, a 60k luxury sports car may only be a "small friction" better than your 5k rice car, as it does the job you need it for and you may not be able to tell bad handling from good.
If you had read my review, which I posted a few posts above, I openly criticize many aspects of the CKM500. In-fact the post I replied to was not pointing out negative aspects of the CKM500 at all, the post I replied to was filled with ignorance and hyperbole. I'm not sure what you're reading, but you're replying to the wrong person.
Also if these cost $400 there would be a lot of negative reviews on these.
Also rikardoliepa I don't think you understand how Joker's rating system works, the rating is not a meaning that the IEMs are better than everything under it, it's a rating scaled on the cost of the IEM. Meaning a $50 IEM with a 10 rating in value is a great IEM for the price, it does not mean that the $200 IEM that received an 8.0 is worse.
Edited by keanex - 9/20/12 at 3:57am
I don't know if you're trolling or just don't understand the meaning of the word value, but cost is always factored into value.
LOL. Well, if you really believe that then you should consider yourself lucky. Since you own the CKM500, one of the best IEMs in the...err...your world, then you wont feel the need to upgrade. Start saving your pennies to buy a custom, or perhaps the K3003, for that day when you are ready to move one tier above the CKM500.
Edited by sinquito - 9/19/12 at 10:44pm
Last time I checked this thread it was about enjoying the sounds for the CKM500. Everyone has different taste in their sounds in what they like and dislike. Take that into consideration when you read peoples statements about if they like the earphone or not. I love my CKM500s to no end but others don't see it that way. I can respect that. You guys are grown ups. Or should be. Please keep the thread civilized..In the end if you enjoy the sounds from an earphone that is all that really matters. One mans treasure is another mans trash..There is no such thing as the perfect sounding earphone for all and all of our takes on them should be respected.
Take a breather fellas and go listen to your music for a while. Lol.
Sigh ! ...I empathise with you Bro ! ...Can't they all agree to disagree ?
It's as if someone came out of a Dunkin Donut store and exclaim "This is the best *%*#!@ donut I've ever tasted" ...next thing you know a shower of rotten eggs and tomatos come flying !
Edited by keanex - 9/20/12 at 4:07am
Guys, do any of you agree that this earphone has somewhat of a peak at around 5-7Khz?I just eq'ed down that area of the spectrum in foobar and now I am really enjoying these earphones!!
I do. Equalizing those frequencies brings tremendous improvement.
Well I was pretty surprised at the improvements! I just love how it sounds with the peak tamed down a bit. Never thought it could sound this good IMO!
Lol you are ridiculous. Keanex isnt trolling at all. He was simply stating that cost is factored into value. He did misunderstand what you were saying regarding Joker's rating system, but it was just a misunderstanding.
Why are you taking Joker's thread as an end all to rate SQ? I actually disagree with a lot of his reviews and Im sure others do as well. Just because he rates one IEM close to another, doesn't mean its true. He is a valuable reviewer, but you're acting like everything needs to be compared to his thread; that his thread is the ultimate reference that everything needs to be held up against. Not true.
Its ridiculous that you are taking things that aren't objectively defined, such as class and tier, and giving concrete definition to them. What you're saying doesn't even make sense. Like for me, if I hear an IEM that to me has noticeably better clarity than another IEM, I would say that the IEM is not in the same class. But to another person it might be. Its subjective. You saying that an IEM CANT be in a different class, or saying only certain IEM can be in a different class is so stupid.
- The ATH-CKM500..The best CKM earphone yet.
- › Multi-Custom In-Ear Monitor Review, Resource, Mfg List & Discussion... 12 seconds ago
- › The Stax Thread III 17 seconds ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 1 minute ago
- › Chord Hugo 1 minute ago
- › M50 , M50x, Fidelio L1 ,AKG K545 or Momentum on-ear, what should I... 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1, the first high-res DAP for the young ! 2 minutes ago
- › AKG K601 & K612 Pro Owners... UNITE!! 3 minutes ago
- › Creative Sound blaster E5 - Headphone amp + USB DAC with OTG +... 4 minutes ago
- › post your grado mods.... 5 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 5 minutes ago
- › JDS Labs C5D by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by twister6
- › Shure SE215 by Existence
- › Audiofly AF140 In-Ear Headphones (Gray) by Loquah
- › Brainwavz R3 Dual Dynamic Driver Earphones by hans030390
- › Beats Solo 2.0 On-Ear Headphones (Red) by cb3723
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by MacroPower
- › Denon Urban Raver In-Ear Headphones, Blue (AH-C100BU) by MrTechAgent
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKN50 by bharathss
- › Audio Technica W5000 by CJ09
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)