- 103 Posts. Joined 9/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio Technica ATH-CKM500 BK | Inner Headphones (Japan Import)tagged by System, 6/6/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 6/6/12
Related Forum Threads
- Best IEM for under $100? Last post on 7/30/13 at 5:52am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best Deep bass In earphones for me? Last post on 9/30/12 at 7:38am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- SoundMAGIC E10's? Vs. Klipsch Image S4's? Last post on 9/28/12 at 6:33am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- US$130 budget. Best headphones/IEM for Trance, Dance, HipHop, Classical Last post on 9/28/12 at 6:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Have £200 budget to get myself 2 pairs of headphones/earphones please help Last post on 9/26/12 at 12:56am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Some people may remember my Mrice E100 review which tells about being the best 2014 earbud king ? … with Blox BE3 .. you can forget that ! welcome to the new earbud that comes from another world...
Hi people. I have owned a pair of these earphones for over a year now, and this is what I think about them. I am a beginner reviewer so please, have some understanding. Also, English is not my...
Hello out there, this is a recorder, yes, a digital recorder - not one of those midget-screen playback gimmicks. In the hands of the ambitious recording enthusiast, it turns to an universal tool,...
The new S5 from Brainwavz will certainly please most casual listeners. It's sleek design, tangle-proof flat capable, and pop-ready sound signature certainly justify it's price - not to mention...
Fist of all, this is my first ever review,and English is not my native language, so please, have some understanding . I bought these headphones 9 months ago, they were my first "quality"...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
The ATH-CKM500..The best CKM earphone yet. - Page 107
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Lol at making inaccurate comparisons between earphones, then passing it off as a fact.
Furthermore, attempting to justify it by referencing someone else's reviews.
Although, I guess defining what a "tier above" means is subjective - I guess under some people's eyes, a 60k luxury sports car may only be a "small friction" better than your 5k rice car, as it does the job you need it for and you may not be able to tell bad handling from good.
If you had read my review, which I posted a few posts above, I openly criticize many aspects of the CKM500. In-fact the post I replied to was not pointing out negative aspects of the CKM500 at all, the post I replied to was filled with ignorance and hyperbole. I'm not sure what you're reading, but you're replying to the wrong person.
Also if these cost $400 there would be a lot of negative reviews on these.
Also rikardoliepa I don't think you understand how Joker's rating system works, the rating is not a meaning that the IEMs are better than everything under it, it's a rating scaled on the cost of the IEM. Meaning a $50 IEM with a 10 rating in value is a great IEM for the price, it does not mean that the $200 IEM that received an 8.0 is worse.
Edited by keanex - 9/20/12 at 3:57am
I don't know if you're trolling or just don't understand the meaning of the word value, but cost is always factored into value.
LOL. Well, if you really believe that then you should consider yourself lucky. Since you own the CKM500, one of the best IEMs in the...err...your world, then you wont feel the need to upgrade. Start saving your pennies to buy a custom, or perhaps the K3003, for that day when you are ready to move one tier above the CKM500.
Edited by sinquito - 9/19/12 at 10:44pm
Last time I checked this thread it was about enjoying the sounds for the CKM500. Everyone has different taste in their sounds in what they like and dislike. Take that into consideration when you read peoples statements about if they like the earphone or not. I love my CKM500s to no end but others don't see it that way. I can respect that. You guys are grown ups. Or should be. Please keep the thread civilized..In the end if you enjoy the sounds from an earphone that is all that really matters. One mans treasure is another mans trash..There is no such thing as the perfect sounding earphone for all and all of our takes on them should be respected.
Take a breather fellas and go listen to your music for a while. Lol.
Sigh ! ...I empathise with you Bro ! ...Can't they all agree to disagree ?
It's as if someone came out of a Dunkin Donut store and exclaim "This is the best *%*#!@ donut I've ever tasted" ...next thing you know a shower of rotten eggs and tomatos come flying !
Edited by keanex - 9/20/12 at 4:07am
Guys, do any of you agree that this earphone has somewhat of a peak at around 5-7Khz?I just eq'ed down that area of the spectrum in foobar and now I am really enjoying these earphones!!
I do. Equalizing those frequencies brings tremendous improvement.
Well I was pretty surprised at the improvements! I just love how it sounds with the peak tamed down a bit. Never thought it could sound this good IMO!
Lol you are ridiculous. Keanex isnt trolling at all. He was simply stating that cost is factored into value. He did misunderstand what you were saying regarding Joker's rating system, but it was just a misunderstanding.
Why are you taking Joker's thread as an end all to rate SQ? I actually disagree with a lot of his reviews and Im sure others do as well. Just because he rates one IEM close to another, doesn't mean its true. He is a valuable reviewer, but you're acting like everything needs to be compared to his thread; that his thread is the ultimate reference that everything needs to be held up against. Not true.
Its ridiculous that you are taking things that aren't objectively defined, such as class and tier, and giving concrete definition to them. What you're saying doesn't even make sense. Like for me, if I hear an IEM that to me has noticeably better clarity than another IEM, I would say that the IEM is not in the same class. But to another person it might be. Its subjective. You saying that an IEM CANT be in a different class, or saying only certain IEM can be in a different class is so stupid.
- The ATH-CKM500..The best CKM earphone yet.
- › Band Name Game II 42 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 2 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HE-5LE 3 minutes ago
- › FS: Sony MDR-7550 IEMs like new 4 minutes ago
- › Obscure Chinese DAPs 4 minutes ago
- › REVIEW: Decware Select Zen CSP2 Tube Headphone Amp 4 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 5 minutes ago
- › Blox BE3 by subwoof3r
- › Apple EarPods with Remote and Mic by donniefalcone
- › PCM-M10 Portable Digital Recorder by THD plus N
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by JoeDoe
- › Superlux HD-668 B by donniefalcone
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 by piksnz
- › OPPO BDP-105 Universal Audiophile 3D Blu-ray Player by professor825
- › Monster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphones by TurbinePro
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by SMLeaves
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by wolfjeanne
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)