- 103 Posts. Joined 9/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio Technica ATH-CKM500 BK | Inner Headphones (Japan Import)tagged by System, 6/6/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 6/6/12
Related Forum Threads
- Best IEM for under $100? Last post on 7/30/13 at 5:52am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best Deep bass In earphones for me? Last post on 9/30/12 at 7:38am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- SoundMAGIC E10's? Vs. Klipsch Image S4's? Last post on 9/28/12 at 6:33am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- US$130 budget. Best headphones/IEM for Trance, Dance, HipHop, Classical Last post on 9/28/12 at 6:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Have £200 budget to get myself 2 pairs of headphones/earphones please help Last post on 9/26/12 at 12:56am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
IT WAS THE FIRST HEADPHONE AMPLIFIER I BOUGHT AND I PAIRED IT WITH A SONY NWZ-A15. DECENT SOUND, ALMOST NO PROBLEM WITH IT, BUT EXCEPT ITS DESIGN WHICH I FIND SOMEWHAT UGLY IT WAS UNABLE TO...
Intro & Me: I'm best described as someone who loves music, loves gear and loves to combine them into a "hobby" that focuses on all of these important ingredients from Head-Fi. I have quite a...
Picture are default 1200 x 800 resolution - click to view larger images.INTRODUCTIONThis one came out of the blue. A company I'd never heard of, and an IEM I didn't know existed. The inquiry was...
[[SPOILER]] Introduction:The device was lent to me as part of FiiO's review tour. I was given 10 days with the device to evaluate it and in return give my honest opinion about it. My current...
At the time this review was written, the iFi Pro iCan was listed for sale on Amazon’s website. Here are some links for purchase and...
The ATH-CKM500..The best CKM earphone yet. - Page 107post #1591 of 19219/19/12 at 12:42pmJoker rating is reference, to comparing iems. And im saying that only customs and maybe k3003 are one class better. EX1000 and westone 4 is only small friction better not tier above.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1592 of 19219/19/12 at 5:24pmpost #1593 of 19219/19/12 at 6:12pm
Lol at making inaccurate comparisons between earphones, then passing it off as a fact.
Furthermore, attempting to justify it by referencing someone else's reviews.
Although, I guess defining what a "tier above" means is subjective - I guess under some people's eyes, a 60k luxury sports car may only be a "small friction" better than your 5k rice car, as it does the job you need it for and you may not be able to tell bad handling from good.post #1594 of 19219/19/12 at 6:40pmQuote:
If you had read my review, which I posted a few posts above, I openly criticize many aspects of the CKM500. In-fact the post I replied to was not pointing out negative aspects of the CKM500 at all, the post I replied to was filled with ignorance and hyperbole. I'm not sure what you're reading, but you're replying to the wrong person.
Also if these cost $400 there would be a lot of negative reviews on these.
Also rikardoliepa I don't think you understand how Joker's rating system works, the rating is not a meaning that the IEMs are better than everything under it, it's a rating scaled on the cost of the IEM. Meaning a $50 IEM with a 10 rating in value is a great IEM for the price, it does not mean that the $200 IEM that received an 8.0 is worse.
Edited by keanex - 9/20/12 at 3:57ampost #1595 of 19219/19/12 at 7:06pmpost #1596 of 19219/19/12 at 7:19pmQuote:
I don't know if you're trolling or just don't understand the meaning of the word value, but cost is always factored into value.post #1597 of 19219/19/12 at 7:19pmQuote:
LOL. Well, if you really believe that then you should consider yourself lucky. Since you own the CKM500, one of the best IEMs in the...err...your world, then you wont feel the need to upgrade. Start saving your pennies to buy a custom, or perhaps the K3003, for that day when you are ready to move one tier above the CKM500.post #1598 of 19219/19/12 at 9:14pmpost #1599 of 19219/19/12 at 10:43pmI like how most of us take those reviews as facts, everybody is entitled to have his own opinion, I haven't heard all the 250 plus iems in Joker's thread so I can't make an informed opinion, but I'm pretty sure that in the Sound Quality part, the cost isn't factored in, that's in the value part.
Edited by sinquito - 9/19/12 at 10:44pmpost #1600 of 19219/20/12 at 12:19amQuote:Originally Posted by Dsnuts
Last time I checked this thread it was about enjoying the sounds for the CKM500. Everyone has different taste in their sounds in what they like and dislike. Take that into consideration when you read peoples statements about if they like the earphone or not. I love my CKM500s to no end but others don't see it that way. I can respect that. You guys are grown ups. Or should be. Please keep the thread civilized..In the end if you enjoy the sounds from an earphone that is all that really matters. One mans treasure is another mans trash..There is no such thing as the perfect sounding earphone for all and all of our takes on them should be respected.
Take a breather fellas and go listen to your music for a while. Lol.
Sigh ! ...I empathise with you Bro ! ...Can't they all agree to disagree ?
It's as if someone came out of a Dunkin Donut store and exclaim "This is the best *%*#!@ donut I've ever tasted" ...next thing you know a shower of rotten eggs and tomatos come flying !post #1601 of 19219/20/12 at 3:55amQuote:We were talking about value, did you get lost already? Also the CKM500 isn't on Jokers list, so I'm not sure why you're referencing it. You're stating that because you think the CKM500 deserves a 9.2, that it would be higher on jokers list, which is a dumb claim because he has different criteria than you do, and it's also dumb because you're making an opinion as a factual statement when you haven't heard even half of the IEMs on that list to make that claim.I mean how dumb does this sound, "I think the JAYS q-JAYS are okay, but the Brainwavz M5 are much better, while also better than the CKM500, so they are the best IEM until you get to customs."Yeah, really dumb.
Edited by keanex - 9/20/12 at 4:07ampost #1602 of 19219/20/12 at 5:20ampost #1603 of 19219/20/12 at 5:28amQuote:
I do. Equalizing those frequencies brings tremendous improvement.post #1604 of 19219/20/12 at 5:38amQuote:
Well I was pretty surprised at the improvements! I just love how it sounds with the peak tamed down a bit. Never thought it could sound this good IMO!post #1605 of 19219/20/12 at 7:27am
Lol you are ridiculous. Keanex isnt trolling at all. He was simply stating that cost is factored into value. He did misunderstand what you were saying regarding Joker's rating system, but it was just a misunderstanding.
Why are you taking Joker's thread as an end all to rate SQ? I actually disagree with a lot of his reviews and Im sure others do as well. Just because he rates one IEM close to another, doesn't mean its true. He is a valuable reviewer, but you're acting like everything needs to be compared to his thread; that his thread is the ultimate reference that everything needs to be held up against. Not true.
Its ridiculous that you are taking things that aren't objectively defined, such as class and tier, and giving concrete definition to them. What you're saying doesn't even make sense. Like for me, if I hear an IEM that to me has noticeably better clarity than another IEM, I would say that the IEM is not in the same class. But to another person it might be. Its subjective. You saying that an IEM CANT be in a different class, or saying only certain IEM can be in a different class is so stupid.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The ATH-CKM500..The best CKM earphone yet.
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Audio-GD NFB-1AMP 33 minutes ago
- › Moon Audio silver dragon JH Audio 4 pin to 4.4mm Sony cable ( new... 11 hours, 40 minutes ago
- › Uptone Audio Regen latest version 16 hours, 32 minutes ago
- › 24bit vs 16bit, the myth exploded! 17 hours, 36 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 20 hours, 28 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 20 hours, 57 minutes ago
- › Samsung S8 / S8+ Sound Quality 21 hours, 17 minutes ago
- › [FS] LZ A4 (Brand new - EU located) 21 hours, 31 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆ 21 hours, 45 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 22 hours, 56 minutes ago
- › FiiO A3 Portable Headphone Amplifier (Black) by yannisgk
- › Rhapsodio RDB Mk.IV by SeeSax
- › Aedle ODS-1 by Brooko
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by xkonfuzed
- › iFi Pro iCAN by Hisoundfi
- › Jomo Audio pretty Little beast by ExpatinJapan
- › Campfire Audio Jupiter by mrstrangeguy
- › Venture Electronics Asura 2.0 by SOULSIK
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by SOULSIK
- › Meze 99 Neo by dweaver
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear