- 103 Posts. Joined 9/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio Technica ATH-CKM500 BK | Inner Headphones (Japan Import)tagged by System, 6/6/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 6/6/12
Related Forum Threads
- Best IEM for under $100? Last post on 7/30/13 at 5:52am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best Deep bass In earphones for me? Last post on 9/30/12 at 7:38am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- SoundMAGIC E10's? Vs. Klipsch Image S4's? Last post on 9/28/12 at 6:33am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- US$130 budget. Best headphones/IEM for Trance, Dance, HipHop, Classical Last post on 9/28/12 at 6:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Have £200 budget to get myself 2 pairs of headphones/earphones please help Last post on 9/26/12 at 12:56am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
At the time of the review, the Unique Melody Miracle V2 was was on sale at Musicteck’s online store. Although the model I am reviewing today is not currently listed, Musicteck is currently...
Quick Review : I bought them for casual listening and mixing and mastering purpose. I'm not disappointed by the sound signature. Things I'd like to stay the way they are: 1. frequency...
I have previously given a positive review for the Philips SHE3590, a cheap IEM that sounds good. I purchased the Philips SHE3595 because it looks like the SHE3590, has a microphone and it was...
Introduction – This is getting ridiculous, with a $5 RRP, the VE Monk+ is cheaper than most cables. The VE Monk+ is an update to the highly regarded VE Monk, one of the most awarded and most...
Background I first came across Rhapsodio, a boutique IEM maker based in Hong Kong, back in May 2013. I purchased their RDB+ v1 hybrid then, which is rather fun-sounding. After a year or so, I...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
The ATH-CKM500..The best CKM earphone yet. - Page 107
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Lol at making inaccurate comparisons between earphones, then passing it off as a fact.
Furthermore, attempting to justify it by referencing someone else's reviews.
Although, I guess defining what a "tier above" means is subjective - I guess under some people's eyes, a 60k luxury sports car may only be a "small friction" better than your 5k rice car, as it does the job you need it for and you may not be able to tell bad handling from good.
If you had read my review, which I posted a few posts above, I openly criticize many aspects of the CKM500. In-fact the post I replied to was not pointing out negative aspects of the CKM500 at all, the post I replied to was filled with ignorance and hyperbole. I'm not sure what you're reading, but you're replying to the wrong person.
Also if these cost $400 there would be a lot of negative reviews on these.
Also rikardoliepa I don't think you understand how Joker's rating system works, the rating is not a meaning that the IEMs are better than everything under it, it's a rating scaled on the cost of the IEM. Meaning a $50 IEM with a 10 rating in value is a great IEM for the price, it does not mean that the $200 IEM that received an 8.0 is worse.
Edited by keanex - 9/20/12 at 3:57am
I don't know if you're trolling or just don't understand the meaning of the word value, but cost is always factored into value.
LOL. Well, if you really believe that then you should consider yourself lucky. Since you own the CKM500, one of the best IEMs in the...err...your world, then you wont feel the need to upgrade. Start saving your pennies to buy a custom, or perhaps the K3003, for that day when you are ready to move one tier above the CKM500.
Edited by sinquito - 9/19/12 at 10:44pm
Last time I checked this thread it was about enjoying the sounds for the CKM500. Everyone has different taste in their sounds in what they like and dislike. Take that into consideration when you read peoples statements about if they like the earphone or not. I love my CKM500s to no end but others don't see it that way. I can respect that. You guys are grown ups. Or should be. Please keep the thread civilized..In the end if you enjoy the sounds from an earphone that is all that really matters. One mans treasure is another mans trash..There is no such thing as the perfect sounding earphone for all and all of our takes on them should be respected.
Take a breather fellas and go listen to your music for a while. Lol.
Sigh ! ...I empathise with you Bro ! ...Can't they all agree to disagree ?
It's as if someone came out of a Dunkin Donut store and exclaim "This is the best *%*#!@ donut I've ever tasted" ...next thing you know a shower of rotten eggs and tomatos come flying !
Edited by keanex - 9/20/12 at 4:07am
Guys, do any of you agree that this earphone has somewhat of a peak at around 5-7Khz?I just eq'ed down that area of the spectrum in foobar and now I am really enjoying these earphones!!
I do. Equalizing those frequencies brings tremendous improvement.
Well I was pretty surprised at the improvements! I just love how it sounds with the peak tamed down a bit. Never thought it could sound this good IMO!
Lol you are ridiculous. Keanex isnt trolling at all. He was simply stating that cost is factored into value. He did misunderstand what you were saying regarding Joker's rating system, but it was just a misunderstanding.
Why are you taking Joker's thread as an end all to rate SQ? I actually disagree with a lot of his reviews and Im sure others do as well. Just because he rates one IEM close to another, doesn't mean its true. He is a valuable reviewer, but you're acting like everything needs to be compared to his thread; that his thread is the ultimate reference that everything needs to be held up against. Not true.
Its ridiculous that you are taking things that aren't objectively defined, such as class and tier, and giving concrete definition to them. What you're saying doesn't even make sense. Like for me, if I hear an IEM that to me has noticeably better clarity than another IEM, I would say that the IEM is not in the same class. But to another person it might be. Its subjective. You saying that an IEM CANT be in a different class, or saying only certain IEM can be in a different class is so stupid.
- The ATH-CKM500..The best CKM earphone yet.
- › Norne Audio (Was: Norse Audio): Feedback & Impression Thread 3 seconds ago
- › The AKG K7XX Massdrop First Edition Thread 1 minute ago
- › LG G5, Possible DAC or Camera modules. Audiophiles enjoy ? 1 minute ago
- › MICROZOTL2 Tube Headphone Amp and preamp: a breakthrough device 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 1 minute ago
- › FiiO New Portable Headphone Amp A1 --Classic & Tiny & Metal 1 minute ago
- › Upgrade PC Audio for $500 to $1000 2 minutes ago
- › Violectric HPA V220 Amp/Preamp in Mint Condition 3 minutes ago
- › Utah Salt Lake City Meet? Anyone interested? Lets do this!!!!! 3 minutes ago
- › Formula 1-fi (Read the First Post!) 5 minutes ago
- › Unique Melody Miracle V2 Universal six driver in-ear monitor by Hisoundfi
- › 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and... by MMansell
- › Philips SHE3595WT/28 In-Ear Headset with Mic White by stweb
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk+/Monk Plus by ryanjsoo
- › Rhapsodio Galaxy by taz23
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by vapman
- › Rhapsodio Solar by ezekiel77
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by twister6
- › AudioQuest DragonFly Red USB DAC, Preamp, Headphone Amp by Stereocilia
- › Edifier M710 On-Ear Headphones with Mic and Volume Control - Red by Nymphonomaniac
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse