- 103 Posts. Joined 9/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio Technica ATH-CKM500 BK | Inner Headphones (Japan Import)tagged by System, 6/6/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 6/6/12
Related Forum Threads
- Best IEM for under $100? Last post on 7/30/13 at 5:52am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best Deep bass In earphones for me? Last post on 9/30/12 at 7:38am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- SoundMAGIC E10's? Vs. Klipsch Image S4's? Last post on 9/28/12 at 6:33am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- US$130 budget. Best headphones/IEM for Trance, Dance, HipHop, Classical Last post on 9/28/12 at 6:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Have £200 budget to get myself 2 pairs of headphones/earphones please help Last post on 9/26/12 at 12:56am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I recently got the AK 100 II after dabbling with a phone based stack. Alternate setup: Samsung Galaxy S5 FIIO E18 + PowerAmp Pro (Cost: 2.99€) + iSyncr (Cost: 3.99€) + Stream to...
After an extensive search online for a replacement for my very good Schiit Bifrost, I settled on the Dacmini, in part from comments here on Head-Fi, and the fact that Stereophile has had it as a...
DUNU DN-2000 Quick Review Full Review at http://www.head-fi.org/t/728105/dunu-dn-2000-review Thanks to DUNU for the sample. Brief: DUNU take’s it to the top. Price: US$316 or £186...
Ok first I need to say that I'm not an audiophile, and I use this site mostly for help than giving advise whit that told I will continue I've owned this headset for more than a year and they...
I brought these on sale at Best Buy for $44, the price they are at right now are a absolute rip off. ($110) Logitech have discontinued these, I will take a guess in my review why that...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
The ATH-CKM500..The best CKM earphone yet. - Page 107
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Lol at making inaccurate comparisons between earphones, then passing it off as a fact.
Furthermore, attempting to justify it by referencing someone else's reviews.
Although, I guess defining what a "tier above" means is subjective - I guess under some people's eyes, a 60k luxury sports car may only be a "small friction" better than your 5k rice car, as it does the job you need it for and you may not be able to tell bad handling from good.
If you had read my review, which I posted a few posts above, I openly criticize many aspects of the CKM500. In-fact the post I replied to was not pointing out negative aspects of the CKM500 at all, the post I replied to was filled with ignorance and hyperbole. I'm not sure what you're reading, but you're replying to the wrong person.
Also if these cost $400 there would be a lot of negative reviews on these.
Also rikardoliepa I don't think you understand how Joker's rating system works, the rating is not a meaning that the IEMs are better than everything under it, it's a rating scaled on the cost of the IEM. Meaning a $50 IEM with a 10 rating in value is a great IEM for the price, it does not mean that the $200 IEM that received an 8.0 is worse.
Edited by keanex - 9/20/12 at 3:57am
I don't know if you're trolling or just don't understand the meaning of the word value, but cost is always factored into value.
LOL. Well, if you really believe that then you should consider yourself lucky. Since you own the CKM500, one of the best IEMs in the...err...your world, then you wont feel the need to upgrade. Start saving your pennies to buy a custom, or perhaps the K3003, for that day when you are ready to move one tier above the CKM500.
Edited by sinquito - 9/19/12 at 10:44pm
Last time I checked this thread it was about enjoying the sounds for the CKM500. Everyone has different taste in their sounds in what they like and dislike. Take that into consideration when you read peoples statements about if they like the earphone or not. I love my CKM500s to no end but others don't see it that way. I can respect that. You guys are grown ups. Or should be. Please keep the thread civilized..In the end if you enjoy the sounds from an earphone that is all that really matters. One mans treasure is another mans trash..There is no such thing as the perfect sounding earphone for all and all of our takes on them should be respected.
Take a breather fellas and go listen to your music for a while. Lol.
Sigh ! ...I empathise with you Bro ! ...Can't they all agree to disagree ?
It's as if someone came out of a Dunkin Donut store and exclaim "This is the best *%*#!@ donut I've ever tasted" ...next thing you know a shower of rotten eggs and tomatos come flying !
Edited by keanex - 9/20/12 at 4:07am
Guys, do any of you agree that this earphone has somewhat of a peak at around 5-7Khz?I just eq'ed down that area of the spectrum in foobar and now I am really enjoying these earphones!!
I do. Equalizing those frequencies brings tremendous improvement.
Well I was pretty surprised at the improvements! I just love how it sounds with the peak tamed down a bit. Never thought it could sound this good IMO!
Lol you are ridiculous. Keanex isnt trolling at all. He was simply stating that cost is factored into value. He did misunderstand what you were saying regarding Joker's rating system, but it was just a misunderstanding.
Why are you taking Joker's thread as an end all to rate SQ? I actually disagree with a lot of his reviews and Im sure others do as well. Just because he rates one IEM close to another, doesn't mean its true. He is a valuable reviewer, but you're acting like everything needs to be compared to his thread; that his thread is the ultimate reference that everything needs to be held up against. Not true.
Its ridiculous that you are taking things that aren't objectively defined, such as class and tier, and giving concrete definition to them. What you're saying doesn't even make sense. Like for me, if I hear an IEM that to me has noticeably better clarity than another IEM, I would say that the IEM is not in the same class. But to another person it might be. Its subjective. You saying that an IEM CANT be in a different class, or saying only certain IEM can be in a different class is so stupid.
- The ATH-CKM500..The best CKM earphone yet.
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable... 11 seconds ago
- › Xperia Z2 -- any thoughts? 36 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 1 minute ago
- › Martin Logan Mikros 90 On-Ear Headphones 2 minutes ago
- › Looking for a tube DAC, any suggestions? 2 minutes ago
- › Aurisonics ROCKETS: Appreciation Thread (Preliminary Impressions) 2 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions,... 2 minutes ago
- › Denon ah-d600 review. 2 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production... 2 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern AK100II High Resolution Single DAC Audio Player... by CasperBxl
- › CEntrance DACmini CX by joespride
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by mark2410
- › Astro A40 Audio System - White by MaxiMarciano
- › Logitech Z553 2.1 Speakers by Nada190
- › Future Sonics mg5pro 10mm Ear Monitors by Kunlun
- › AKG K812 by jk47
- › Sennheiser Grado Hybrid a.k.a. SennGrado by fleasbaby
- › T-Peos Altone200 by ClieOS
- › SONY MDR-XB30EX-B Black | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese... by francopro
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)