Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The ATH-CKM500..The best CKM earphone yet.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The ATH-CKM500..The best CKM earphone yet. - Page 83

post #1231 of 1904

yes, but how special?  can you hear things you just cant hear with the CMK500s? or is just lush and more lovely?

as an "audio shaman" I'm very sensitive to the energy dimensions and experience that high end equipment gives

which is an emotional response and a portal to new realities created by the music and sounds!

e.g. my Vsonic gr02s amplified make me forget what i am doing and just listen, and the listening turns into synesthesia

with the textures, esp bass, so involving that the music creates new realities!  we teach people how to do this in our

TECHNOSHAMANISM workshops, but having the right gear to experience it is priceless!

post #1232 of 1904
Quote:
Originally Posted by drbluenewmexico View Post

yes, but how special?  can you hear things you just cant hear with the CMK500s? or is just lush and more lovely?

as an "audio shaman" I'm very sensitive to the energy dimensions and experience that high end equipment gives

which is an emotional response and a portal to new realities created by the music and sounds!

e.g. my Vsonic gr02s amplified make me forget what i am doing and just listen, and the listening turns into synesthesia

with the textures, esp bass, so involving that the music creates new realities!  we teach people how to do this in our

TECHNOSHAMANISM workshops, but having the right gear to experience it is priceless!

I hear a big bass but more controlled over the 500's, the stage is massive but more coherent than the 500's.  Trebles are similar but the 1000's might have more sparkle but slightly more sibilant.  500's have more forward vocals, the 1000's sound recessed compared to the 500's.  I prefer the vocals on the 500's more.  The 500's take me with the music with it's lush presentation, the 1000's stage is something special, it also immerses me with the music.  I would say it's technically a better phone, not sure if it's more fun than the 500's but it's definitely fun.  I hear more details while listening to the 1000's but not by much.  They possess different qualities in the CKM series but I would say they are more similar then different.  Never heard the CKM99's but others have said the 1000's are a step up from those.  

post #1233 of 1904
I cant decide which Meelec tips i like better, the short bi-flange or the "balanced sound" bi-flange. Im kinda leaning towards the "balanced sound" bi-flange tips but i dont know why. I cant quite pin-point the difference.
post #1234 of 1904
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonb View Post

I cant decide which Meelec tips i like better, the short bi-flange or the "balanced sound" bi-flange. Im kinda leaning towards the "balanced sound" bi-flange tips but i dont know why. I cant quite pin-point the difference.

I've been having the same issues.  I've also enjoyed the Sony hybrids.  It's a versatile earphone I guess.  

post #1235 of 1904

I put on my 500's a pair of Monster gels and they rocked. Gels I always recalled helped when I had the Miles Davis Tributes and they add a certain something to the 500's. At some point later, I'll give the MeElecs a try.

post #1236 of 1904
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonb View Post

I cant decide which Meelec tips i like better, the short bi-flange or the "balanced sound" bi-flange. Im kinda leaning towards the "balanced sound" bi-flange tips but i dont know why. I cant quite pin-point the difference.


Yeah one more here, i was first thinking the short bi-flange is better and more comfty, but now after getting the "balanced sound" tips in place not sure anymore. Now listening to Hans Zimmer "Time" from inception, some nice stage these have! ofc i'm a audiophile noob and haven't owned many good headphones... tongue_smile.gif

post #1237 of 1904

Took some nice pics from the blue ones and some tip comparison :)

 

2012-07-03 14.14.15.jpg

 

2012-07-03 14.25.25.jpg

 

Original - bi-flange short (medium) - "balanced sound" bi-flange both meelec ofc. wink_face.gif

post #1238 of 1904
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zage View Post

Took some nice pics from the blue ones and some tip comparison :)

 

2012-07-03 14.14.15.jpg

 

2012-07-03 14.25.25.jpg

 

Original - bi-flange short (medium) - "balanced sound" bi-flange both meelec ofc. wink_face.gif


You're stuck deciding on which of those two Meelec tips you like better as well? Im stuck between the same two.
post #1239 of 1904
Answer: put one of each on at the same time. smily_headphones1.gif
post #1240 of 1904

nice pics! 

post #1241 of 1904
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonb View Post


You're stuck deciding on which of those two Meelec tips you like better as well? Im stuck between the same two.

Yeah lol, i wish the grey ones would be a bit smaller to fit better. testing testing... tongue_smile.gif

Thanks, kanuka etysmile.gif

post #1242 of 1904
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zage View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonb View Post


You're stuck deciding on which of those two Meelec tips you like better as well? Im stuck between the same two.

Yeah lol, i wish the grey ones would be a bit smaller to fit better. testing testing... tongue_smile.gif

Thanks, kanuka etysmile.gif


Yea.... Same here. I wish they were a tiny bit smaller. They are comfy for a couple of hours though. I was able to wear my Sleek Audio SA6's all day though it seemed.
post #1243 of 1904

those blue ckm buds look smoking hawt...just sayin

post #1244 of 1904
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenlongs View Post

those blue ckm buds look smoking hawt...just sayin

Hey...

 

Is that Ety Blue?

 

Hmmm, Jim

post #1245 of 1904
Quote:
Originally Posted by AstroTurf View Post

Hey...

 

Is that Ety Blue?

 

Hmmm, Jim

marble hue blue. Does that make sense?

 

p.s. can they be worn overear?


Edited by stevenlongs - 7/3/12 at 4:49pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The ATH-CKM500..The best CKM earphone yet.