New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Bowers & Wilkins P3 - Page 7

post #91 of 166

Hi All,

Second post so go easy on the newb, only just came accross head-fi.org but I've got to say I'm loving reading the forums.

 

So last month I went out and bought the B&W P5's partly down to them being so god damn sexy, but after a week I just didn't think they gave me what I needed sonically from my earphones. Having returned them I noticed the P3's were coming out and What Hi-Fi gave them the most stonking review so I was litterally waiting on the UK June 18th release date.

 

Then I stumbled accross the posts on the Sennheiser HD25-1 II's which really had me wondering if they were right for me. However I travel on business a lot (planes) so I would only be listening to my iPhone 4S, and I really wanted a phone cable for taking calls on the go. So along come the Amperiors (what is with that name btw!), and whoa I think they might actually what I've been looking for. I have checked out Tyll's review and videos at Innerfidelity along with some of the CES 2012 and I'm pretty much sold.

 

However tinyman392's review on this thread has me really thinking. My biggest issue is...

I reckon the Amperiors might well sound better

The B&W's wipe the floor on looks

£80 difference in price!!!

 

I'm going to go test the P3's when they come out, but was wondering if you can justify the lesser styling and bigger price tag for a noticeably better sound!!

Cheers,

D

post #92 of 166

I listened to my P3 yesterday for about a minute then my ipod died. I'll listen some more this weekend.

First impression was: dark, bass, airy, soundsig like the C5 iems. Ofcourse I have to listen a whole lot more and better

Don't like its fit though (or not yet anyway ;) )
 

post #93 of 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultrainferno View Post

I listened to my P3 yesterday for about a minute then my ipod died. I'll listen some more this weekend.

First impression was: dark, bass, airy, soundsig like the C5 iems. Ofcourse I have to listen a whole lot more and better

Don't like its fit though (or not yet anyway ;) )
 

 

 

Are you familiar with the P5's? If you are, how do they compare, regarding sound and fit? rolleyes.gif

post #94 of 166

No, sorry. can't help yet, but the P5 should be on the way over here.
 

post #95 of 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultrainferno View Post

No, sorry. can't help yet, but the P5 should be on the way over here.
 

 

 

Ok, but please let us know about your findings if you can compare them in the future... wink.gif

post #96 of 166

Would these be a good choice to use at work its quiet except when a vacuum is running 15 minutes a night and I do not have to worry about sound leakage. I'd also  be using them at the gym if they fit good enough that is. I am now using the Phillip O'neil stretch and do not like the clarity at all. Thanks in advance.

post #97 of 166
The B&W headphones do work better in a quieter area. I think the vacuum will go through. I don't see office sounds becoming intrusive (unless you listen to extremely low volumes; <50 dB).

For gym use, I probably wouldn't recommend them unless you don't mind other sounds breaking trough tongue.gif


Sent from an iPod touch with TapaTalk... Autocorrect may alter the meaning of this message tongue.gif
post #98 of 166

Thanks a lot. How do you think these compare with my Phillips Stretch head phones? I listen to mostly rap some rock and some heavy metal. I just love the look and I have a lot of experience with B&W home theater speakers so I am strongly leaning towards these. I was also looking at the AKG K451 model but i like the look of these a lot more and trust B&W much more than AKG. Do these have enough bass for rap not over stated but enough.

post #99 of 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by d4dof3 View Post

Thanks a lot. How do you think these compare with my Phillips Stretch head phones? I listen to mostly rap some rock and some heavy metal. I just love the look and I have a lot of experience with B&W home theater speakers so I am strongly leaning towards these. I was also looking at the AKG K451 model but i like the look of these a lot more and trust B&W much more than AKG. Do these have enough bass for rap not over stated but enough.

 

These should have enough bass for those genres.  I can't compare to the Stretch headphones since I haven't heard them :(  I haven't heard too many headphone models in general, so I can't compare to the AKGs either. 

post #100 of 166

Ok so after further research I am intrigued by the V Moda M-80 how do they compare with b&w p5 and P3

post #101 of 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by d4dof3 View Post

Ok so after further research I am intrigued by the V Moda M-80 how do they compare with b&w p5 and P3

 

I don't have a P5, so I can't do comparisons...  Instead of repeating myself, here's a link to the M80 vs P3: http://www.head-fi.org/t/606966/bowers-wilkins-p3/75#post_8457080

post #102 of 166

Tinyman: You should add P3 as a product on head-fi and publish your review there!

post #103 of 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasmutte View Post

Tinyman: You should add P3 as a product on head-fi and publish your review there!


I don't know how to add a product (as noobish as it seems).  As for publishing my review.  The second I publish it to iFans LLC, it becomes their property.  In other words, Head-Fi could receive a DMCA request if I do publish.  iFans is not my site (I don't own it), I am affiliated with it though.  Thanks for the suggestion though.

post #104 of 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultrainferno View Post

I listened to my P3 yesterday for about a minute then my ipod died. I'll listen some more this weekend.

First impression was: dark, bass, airy, soundsig like the C5 iems. Ofcourse I have to listen a whole lot more and better

Don't like its fit though (or not yet anyway ;) )
 

 

This is how I felt at first.  The signature became less dark with time as the bass tightened up greatly for me.  Hopefully it does the same for you.

post #105 of 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyman392 View Post

 

This is how I felt at first.  The signature became less dark with time as the bass tightened up greatly for me.  Hopefully it does the same for you.

 

After how much time did that happen?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav: