New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Bowers & Wilkins P3 - Page 9

post #121 of 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmtyusm View Post

Nice review.. Thanks for sharing info..

 

How's the noise isolation?? I am waiting it for to be released in local stores. How did you get it so fast??

 

Noise isolation is very low.  It's probably a notch lower than the M80s :(  My P3 is a press sample. 

post #122 of 168

Thanks for your reply.

 

what genre (of music) would you suggest for P3? Does it give enough clarity ?? I have AKG K550 but not sure how it can be compared with P3. 

post #123 of 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmtyusm View Post

Thanks for your reply.

 

what genre (of music) would you suggest for P3? Does it give enough clarity ?? I have AKG K550 but not sure how it can be compared with P3. 

The P3s are not a 100% clear headphone, they weren't really designed to be though.  They do give ample clarity, but that's about it.  

 

Genres:

  • Rock
  • Alternative
  • Rap
  • Electronic
  • Maybe some Blues

 

The focus of these headphones is mainly put on the low end, but gives enough mids and highs in my opinion.  I do know that there are others that don't agree with me at all on this though.

post #124 of 168

Would you recommend me waiting for these P3s or getting the V-Moda M-80s now? Which is better?

 

Thanks

post #125 of 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by bejamite View Post

Would you recommend me waiting for these P3s or getting the V-Moda M-80s now? Which is better?

 

Thanks

 

In all honesty, I think this question goes the route of what's your preference.  The P3s offer a little more bass as well as vocal energy and timbre over the M80s.  The M80s offer a much better overall balance of sound and texture.  If you put a gun to my head and told me to choose, I'd say the M80 is technically better, but only by a smidge (quality wise). 

post #126 of 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyman392 View Post

 

In all honesty, I think this question goes the route of what's your preference.  The P3s offer a little more bass as well as vocal energy and timbre over the M80s.  The M80s offer a much better overall balance of sound and texture.  If you put a gun to my head and told me to choose, I'd say the M80 is technically better, but only by a smidge (quality wise). 

Thanks, appreciate that input. I love bass, but not so much that I would sacrifice overall quality. Jut purchased the M-80s from Amazon.

post #127 of 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by bejamite View Post

Thanks, appreciate that input. I love bass, but not so much that I would sacrifice overall quality. Jut purchased the M-80s from Amazon.

 

M80s seem more like you cup of tea, not 100% on that though, it seems more like it.  Hope you enjoy your M80s, they are a great headphone regardless :)

post #128 of 168

If anybody has these, I'd be curious about your impressions with them with the pads removed.

 

I hear them as substantially better.

post #129 of 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyll Hertsens View Post

If anybody has these, I'd be curious about your impressions with them with the pads removed.

 

I hear them as substantially better.

 

Will give that a try. Comfort wise it must suck :)

post #130 of 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyll Hertsens View Post

If anybody has these, I'd be curious about your impressions with them with the pads removed.

 

I hear them as substantially better.


Hm, interesting idea. I'll give it a try later.


Sent from an iPod touch with TapaTalk... Autocorrect may alter the meaning of this message tongue.gif
post #131 of 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultrainferno View Post

 

Will give that a try. Comfort wise it must suck :)

 

Yeah, those little nubs that index the pads are no fun. 

post #132 of 168

apple online store US selling white P3 .... just bought 1 !

post #133 of 168

To me P3's sound like P5's but with less treble, and P5 treble not exactly overdone!

Flimsy and too small for me to get a comfortable fit and any semblance of even minimal noise exclusion.

Unimpressed- to my ears only worth half the asking price.

post #134 of 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by HOWIE13 View Post

To me P3's sound like P5's but with less treble, and P5 treble not exactly overdone!

 

You're too kind.

post #135 of 168

Heres a nice look at the P3 headphones for those who are still looking into it

 

http://youtu.be/qxVPZs0yGFo

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav: