hi, im planning on getting a DAC/AMP to solve the problem of having "noise" of my laptop. Any suggestions?
- productWestone ES 5tagged by System, 3/1/13
Related Forum Threads
- Which universal model is the most similar to Westone ES50? Last post on 2/10/15 at 5:56pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Westone Style UM56 custom sleeves for universal IEMs (REVIEW) Last post on 11/24/14 at 2:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- how good are ciems? Last post on 9/10/14 at 4:19pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- People Seen with CIEMs Last post on 1/7/15 at 8:14am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser HD800 sound matching Custom In-Ear-Monitor Last post on 5/18/14 at 10:35pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
DAC/AMP to pair with ES5.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
was considering Pico, ODAC, ibasso D7. any comments?
Well, the ODAC is the cheapest, but its only a DAC, and will start selling after May.
The rest are DAC/AMP Combos.
Personally I like standalone DAC because I can connect any amp I want. Maybe the other two also have line out options.
I'm also interested in pairing an AMP/DAC with my ES5's both for Laptop use and portable.
Looking at Ibasso D4, i Basso T3. Wondering what would be a good pairing, ES5's are 20 ohms, would need impedance matching under 2 ohms.
I've heard good things about the HRT too, but it doesn't have volume control on the go right?
I have a pair of Westone ES5's paired with a Pico DAC/Amp combo. I'm a discerning listener—not an audiophile blackbelt by any means—but for me the hassle of carrying around the amplifier when I'm doing anything besides sitting at my desk isn't worth it, so I typically have them plugged in straight to the iPhone (at the gym, cleaning the house, taking a walk, etc). Doesn't sound as good, but it's better than having to wear a fanny pack.
- DAC/AMP to pair with ES5.
- › "The Lab" 1 second ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 15 seconds ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 21 seconds ago
- › World's first portable Hybrid Valve Headphone Amplifier (with a... 31 seconds ago
- › NocturnaL Audio Custom Headphone Cables 1 minute ago
- › intercast+918437414770 love marriage vashikaran specialist babaji 2 minutes ago
- › Aurisonics ROCKETS: Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic earpads lifetime 3 minutes ago
- › Black +918437414770magic specialist baba ji 3 minutes ago
- › Black+918437414770 magic specialist baba ji 4 minutes ago
- › Pioneer SE-CX8-T Headphone, Bright Copper by Luckbad
- › Sennheiser HD 239 Headphones Black by rigodeni
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by twister6
- › Signature Acoustics O16 Live by kova4a
- › Sennheiser HD 428 Headphones by rensin
- › JVC HAF14B - Gumy Earbud Headphones by LuigiSound
- › Grado SR80i Headphones by Pirakaphile
- › MEElectronics M-Duo by Luckbad
- › Fostex TH600 Dynamic Headphones by ilovesocks
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by Dickymint
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2