hi, im planning on getting a DAC/AMP to solve the problem of having "noise" of my laptop. Any suggestions?
- productWestone ES 5tagged by System, 3/1/13
Related Forum Threads
- Which universal model is the most similar to Westone ES50? Last post on 2/10/15 at 5:56pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Westone Style UM56 custom sleeves for universal IEMs (REVIEW) Last post on 11/24/14 at 2:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- how good are ciems? Last post on 9/10/14 at 4:19pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- People Seen with CIEMs Last post on 1/7/15 at 8:14am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser HD800 sound matching Custom In-Ear-Monitor Last post on 5/18/14 at 10:35pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Intro When it comes to the world of PC audio, Creative Labs is a brand well known. For nearly 35 years Creative has been an industry leader in digital multimedia technology and innovation....
I have had my AK380 for over a month now and its time to post a review Before I had the AK380 I had an NW-ZX2 for 6 months, an AK240 for nearly two years and the AK120 before that, so yes, I...
I have tried the JBL Synchros line of s300, s500, and s700. As it turns out, the low end model sounds the best to me. These are on ear design, cups are about 3 inches wide. Headband and yokes are...
These are easy to use and pair quickly with your device. The sound quality - lows, mids, and highs are excellent provided a good seal with the ear. Good bluetooth range, battery life, and comfort....
USED Shure E5, 425, 535 EX1000 is a good start to have a taste of pro sound. Islation is not that good when music isnt playing.
DAC/AMP to pair with ES5.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
was considering Pico, ODAC, ibasso D7. any comments?
Well, the ODAC is the cheapest, but its only a DAC, and will start selling after May.
The rest are DAC/AMP Combos.
Personally I like standalone DAC because I can connect any amp I want. Maybe the other two also have line out options.
I'm also interested in pairing an AMP/DAC with my ES5's both for Laptop use and portable.
Looking at Ibasso D4, i Basso T3. Wondering what would be a good pairing, ES5's are 20 ohms, would need impedance matching under 2 ohms.
I've heard good things about the HRT too, but it doesn't have volume control on the go right?
I have a pair of Westone ES5's paired with a Pico DAC/Amp combo. I'm a discerning listener—not an audiophile blackbelt by any means—but for me the hassle of carrying around the amplifier when I'm doing anything besides sitting at my desk isn't worth it, so I typically have them plugged in straight to the iPhone (at the gym, cleaning the house, taking a walk, etc). Doesn't sound as good, but it's better than having to wear a fanny pack.
- DAC/AMP to pair with ES5.
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 43 seconds ago
- › AKG - K701 vs. Q701 1 minute ago
- › Did Sennheiser just reveal the Orpheus successor? 3 minutes ago
- › OPPO HA-2 Portable Headphone Amplifier/DAC Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Ihifi 770 & 770c Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Finding a DAC for the Cavalli Liquid Carbon. Only Four Months to Go. 5 minutes ago
- › Best gear for listening to classical music... 7 minutes ago
- › Anyone heard of fake Shure SE846s? 7 minutes ago
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone... 9 minutes ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster E3 Headphone Amplifier by Bansaku
- › Astell&Kern AK380 Ultimate High Fidelity Portable Music Player by piercer
- › JBL Synchros S300 Premium On-Ear Stereo Headphones by ourfpshero
- › JBL J46BT Bluetooth Wireless In-Ear Stereo Headphone by Mark231
- › Sony MDR EX1000 by dubbcd
- › Cypher Labs Algorhythm Picollo by dubbcd
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by dubbcd
- › HiFimeDIY Sabre USB DAC 2 (External PSU) by BloodyPenguin
- › KZ ED9 Tunning Nozzles In-Ear Headphones by Reinoud1963
- › Sony MDR-V6 Monitor Series Headphones by Chu
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2