hi, im planning on getting a DAC/AMP to solve the problem of having "noise" of my laptop. Any suggestions?
- productWestone ES 5tagged by System, 3/1/13
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser HD800 sound matching Custom In-Ear-Monitor Last post on 5/18/14 at 10:35pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Westone ES5s Last post on 5/13/14 at 2:04pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Westone Elite Series or Ultimate Ears Pro Recommendations Last post on 3/15/14 at 9:52pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- SE535x6 vs JH13, UM Miracle, ES5 Last post on 1/2/14 at 3:53am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Westone ES50, A Make-over of Westone's Flagship Custom IEM Last post on 4/14/14 at 7:07am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Bought these when being on vacation the past weeks, since "argl" I missed to pack my in-ears and thought, ok, for 2 weeks on the beach, let's pick the first ones I came across. What I learned now,...
I've owned the Sennheiser Momentum for about a year now. Though it is aesthetically pleasing, and very sturdy overall, I can honestly say that it isn't worth the $300. I enjoyed the mids, which...
Not quite a review but thought I'd quote my recent observations. Quote: Originally Posted by Rob80b Well the K712s showed up, just doing some preliminary comparison with my K701s with the...
First, a big thanks to Todd The Vinyl Junkie for making the 'e' series loaner program possible. To the next guy in line: sorry I kept them for so long. The very first pair of 'high-end'...
A big thanks to TekFusion for sending the TwinWoofer in for review and Ibrahim for taking the photo shots! TekFusion is a brand new fresh company based in India. Targeted for consumer...
DAC/AMP to pair with ES5.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
was considering Pico, ODAC, ibasso D7. any comments?
Well, the ODAC is the cheapest, but its only a DAC, and will start selling after May.
The rest are DAC/AMP Combos.
Personally I like standalone DAC because I can connect any amp I want. Maybe the other two also have line out options.
I'm also interested in pairing an AMP/DAC with my ES5's both for Laptop use and portable.
Looking at Ibasso D4, i Basso T3. Wondering what would be a good pairing, ES5's are 20 ohms, would need impedance matching under 2 ohms.
I've heard good things about the HRT too, but it doesn't have volume control on the go right?
I have a pair of Westone ES5's paired with a Pico DAC/Amp combo. I'm a discerning listener—not an audiophile blackbelt by any means—but for me the hassle of carrying around the amplifier when I'm doing anything besides sitting at my desk isn't worth it, so I typically have them plugged in straight to the iPhone (at the gym, cleaning the house, taking a walk, etc). Doesn't sound as good, but it's better than having to wear a fanny pack.
- DAC/AMP to pair with ES5.
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 49 seconds ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 49 seconds ago
- › Best "value for money" portable headphones Amp/DAC for Bowers &... 49 seconds ago
- › FS: RSA SR71-B (EU) 1 minute ago
- › New Cavalli Audio Portable Amp officially in the works 3 minutes ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 3 minutes ago
- › Destiny 4 minutes ago
- › sony xperia z2 vs nw zx1 walkman 5 minutes ago
- › Official 8th Annual ChiUniFi - June 21, 2014 5 minutes ago
- › DNA Stratus 2A3 amplifier - first impressions 5 minutes ago
- › Beats by Dr. Dre Tour In-Ear Headphones by juston
- › Sennheiser Momentum by MacroPower
- › AKG K712 Pro by Rob80b
- › Grado Labs SR225e by yage
- › Tekfusion Twinwoofers by BillsonChang007
- › ATH-ESW10JPN by bluelines
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M40x Professional Headphones by krishtrinity1
- › Baldoor EarBell E100 by subwoof3r
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by lin0003
- › FiiO Kilimanjaro 2 (E11K) Portable Headphone Amplifier by twister6
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)