or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum) › Norne Audio (Was: Norse Audio): Feedback & Impression Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Norne Audio (Was: Norse Audio): Feedback & Impression Thread - Page 55

post #811 of 2424
Cables need burn in- like a week or two.
post #812 of 2424

Just came in today:

 

(Vanquish Series, LCD2/3 mini XLR for use with LFF Enigma)

 

Has anyone talked about how awesome Trevor is to deal with ;)? Super fast, unbelievably supportive, etc etc. He will certainly be recabling all my future headphones (lucky me, unlucky for my wallet).

post #813 of 2424
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahdi8 View Post

Again, I didn't listen to the stock cable for some time so take what I say with a big pinch of salt. From what I remember the Draug cable is better than the stock one in pretty much all areas especially bass smily_headphones1.gif And the looks and confort are great too.
post #814 of 2424

Sweet baby jesus. I've been rocking the Skoll's for 2 weeks (or was it 3, my memory is horrible), and they've already opened up my LCD-2's so much, they put a massive stupid grin on my face every time I listen to them.

 

Then I received the Vanquish Adapters, Valab Rhodium coated Dual XLR's with an ALO balanced 4 pin connection.

 

What these adapters did was nothing short of astonishing for me, the other cable I was using was an RCA interconnect made by Audioquest, they are literal garbage in my eyes after listening to the vanquish series.

 

So after realizing i wasted 25 dollars on the audio quest cables i promptly threw them out of my window.

 

The Vanquish adapters removed a veil I never knew existed, they also increased clarity by a good amount (guessing the veil got in the way of that), if I was to put it into percentage I'd go so far as to say around 10%, As if your ears are halfway into a pool of water.

 

If your rocking some Norse Audio cables without pairing the source with the same caliber of cable, your missing out on some serious Audiophile nirvana.

 

---

 

I just received the Vanquish (Type Six Series) cable for my LCD-2's, Since the skolls made such a difference i decided to dip into the newer offering as well.

 

Now they haven't been burnt in at all but as soon as I put them on the difference between the skoll and the vanquish series was immediately apparent, while the vanquish was still muddy due to not being burnt in, the sound stage was increased dramatically, I'll post more impressions once they've been burnt in for 48 hours (By Trevor's recommendation).

 

Thank you once more Trevor for your amazing service and cables.


Edited by Adamora - 5/29/14 at 11:48am
post #815 of 2424
Anyone rocking the Skog IEM cables or were they never really produced? I was eyeing them when Trevor relaunched but just found it's no longer listed on the site?
post #816 of 2424
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkcc View Post

Anyone rocking the Skog IEM cables or were they never really produced? I was eyeing them when Trevor relaunched but just found it's no longer listed on the site?
 

kkcc, it will actually be added back up in a few days with some others. 


Edited by TigzStudio - 5/29/14 at 11:58pm
post #817 of 2424

A Brief rundown of my impressions between the Skoll and Vanquish series.

So far, The Skoll's seem to have the uncanny ability to make Deeper frequencies (Drums/rumbles/General flatulence) Slam into your eardrum with a force that can only be described with explicit sexual terms.

BUT, while the Vanquish takes away some of that sweet oh so sweet ear violation (In percentages I'd stick it down to 7-10%), it brings in a substantial amount of clarity and a widening in sound stage that is addicting to say the least.

It also pushes the Lower Mid-range back a bit whilst elevating the Mid-Highs up to the front stage, creating a lovely nearly equal balance, which is immediately noticeable on Female vocals (Within temptation) and electronic tracks (The Glitch Mob).

I would label the skolls as an avid electronic music listeners wet dream, Whilst the Vanquish is more of an all rounder, eradicating most, if not all ear fatigue I've experienced with the original  lcd-2 cable ( The skoll's helped but it still was there, lingering in a dark corner waiting to give me a god damn headache ), So it looks like the Vanquish is going to be my main cable from now on till the LCD-2's bite the dust! (or another cable is released that improves on the vanquish!)

-----


Skoll LCD-2 Cable burn in time: 150~ Hours


Vanquish LCD-2 Cable Burn in time: 15~ Hours (recommended being 48 hours, I'm getting there.)


Vanquish XLR-ALO Balanced Burn in time: 80~ Hours


-----

I hope these impressions help you decide on which cable you end up choosing.

Note: I hope my use of Lower-mid's and Mid-highs was understandable, please do inform me if the terms end up confusing you :x


Edited by Adamora - 6/1/14 at 9:24am
post #818 of 2424
I still don't understand the Vanquish smily_headphones1.gif What materials does it have? What makes the new arrangement type so special?
post #819 of 2424

Thanks for your comparisons of the Skoll vs Vanquish.  I just ordered my Vanquish cable from my HD650 today. Here is what choose for my portable set up :)....

.
4 ft. Vanquish Series - 4x24awg (7-core per conductor, 28 dampening cores total) - Litz OCC Modified Type 6 Sennheiser HD650 headphone cable 
options:
- Viablue 1/8" slim mini
- Splitter option: Makassar Ebony (engraved,metallic gold fill)
- Added strain relief at Viablue and HD650 connector
- Length of breakout at 10.0-10.5""
- Bare / No sleeve 

 

Plus I ordered a custom IC to go between my RWAK120-S and my Vorzuge Pure II amp.

 

5.5" (tip to tip) - Vanquish Series - mini to mini 
options: 
- Viablue (slim model) 1/8" (3.5mm) to Viablue (slim model) 1/8" (3.5mm)
- Added strain relief
- Bare (no sleeve) 

 

Trevor has been so easy to work with. If he treats everyone like me, I imagine he'll soon have much longer lead times, For now he has about a 7 business day turnaround to ship..

post #820 of 2424
Quote:
Originally Posted by blownaway View Post
 

Thanks for your comparisons of the Skoll vs Vanquish.  I just ordered my Vanquish cable from my HD650 today. Here is what choose for my portable set up :)....

.
4 ft. Vanquish Series - 4x24awg (7-core per conductor, 28 dampening cores total) - Litz OCC Modified Type 6 Sennheiser HD650 headphone cable 
options:
- Viablue 1/8" slim mini
- Splitter option: Makassar Ebony (engraved,metallic gold fill)
- Added strain relief at Viablue and HD650 connector
- Length of breakout at 10.0-10.5""
- Bare / No sleeve 

 

Plus I ordered a custom IC to go between my RWAK120-S and my Vorzuge Pure II amp.

 

5.5" (tip to tip) - Vanquish Series - mini to mini 
options: 
- Viablue (slim model) 1/8" (3.5mm) to Viablue (slim model) 1/8" (3.5mm)
- Added strain relief
- Bare (no sleeve) 

 

Trevor has been so easy to work with. If he treats everyone like me, I imagine he'll soon have much longer lead times, For now he has about a 7 business day turnaround to ship..

 

Your going to love your setup, please post your impressions once you receive them, I want to know what changes you interpret with your current Amp/Dac setup.

post #821 of 2424

Can't wait to try Skoll on the LCD 2. 

If I can tell the difference between Skoll and factory cable looks like I'll be following Adamora path in the future. :D

post #822 of 2424
Quote:
Originally Posted by citraian View Post

I still don't understand the Vanquish smily_headphones1.gif What materials does it have? What makes the new arrangement type so special?

 

There's this explanation on the Storefront =)

 

 


Pretty much sums up the internal differences!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kupleh View Post
 

Can't wait to try Skoll on the LCD 2. 

If I can tell the difference between Skoll and factory cable looks like I'll be following Adamora path in the future. :D

 

Post your impressions of before/after burn in!

post #823 of 2424
I saw the storefront but I wouldn't call that an explanation smily_headphones1.gif
post #824 of 2424

The page will be up so

Quote:
Originally Posted by citraian View Post

I saw the storefront but I wouldn't call that an explanation smily_headphones1.gif

Will shoot you an email citraian. 

Will have the specs up on site pretty soon, been a bit busy trying to get stuff out the door. 


Edited by TigzStudio - 5/31/14 at 5:02pm
post #825 of 2424

Bought 3 custom Skoll cables from Trevor and he did an unsurpassed job of excellent customer support.  Really a great guy to do business with and the cables of course are very nice but what made the experience better then anything else was really Trevor and his authentic interest in getting you what you are looking for and helping you make the decisions on all aspects of the cabling.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum) › Norne Audio (Was: Norse Audio): Feedback & Impression Thread