he gave me my tracking number last night. happy to get my cable back this week!
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 5/30/12
- categoryCablestagged by System, 5/30/12
- brandNorse Audiotagged by System, 5/30/12
- productNorse Audio 4-wire Norn series up-occ LCD-2 headphone cabletagged by System, 5/30/12
- productNorse Audio Audeze LCD-2 Headphone cabletagged by System, 5/30/12
Related Forum Threads
- Will a Pioneer DJM-900 mixer adequately power DT 900 Pro 600 Ohm or Audeze LCD-2 headphones? Last post on 11/30/13 at 3:23pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Driving LCD2 from speaker amp speaker taps correctly Last post on 3/31/14 at 12:36am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for a big brother to my LCD2.2 and HE-500s! Last post on 10/6/13 at 5:30pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Audeze LCD-2 Rev. 2 (Rosewood) with Leather Headband Last post on 7/9/13 at 6:11pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Audeze LCD-2 Best Amp Last post on 1/30/14 at 9:13am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
- DIY Cable Info and ResourcesLast edited: 10/2/13
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
Ok we'll these were my first over ear headphones I fell in love with and there's plenty of reasons for that, I'll talk about the durability, comfort level and mind blowing bass first -...
My video review for those interested: The VS3S is a VSONIC’s latest earphone, and they have made a big claim. That is that these VS3S as well as their brother VSD3(at the current price of...
Introduction I got these headphones around the national holiday. These came out about 2 years after I had got my K701. I was first attracted by its classy design and colour. I thought I would...
I am one of the lucky ones to get a chance to be reviewer in the HE-400i "tour". HiFiMAN has intrigued me since the start of my Head-Fi journey. The HE-400 was the first headphone I purchased...
Note: Much of this comes from a review I wrote and posted elsewhere a month or so ago, but with some editing and organizational tweaks. I have wanted to do a full Alpha Dog review for a while,...
Norne Audio (Was: Norse Audio): Feedback & Impression Thread - Page 39post #571 of 9657/20/13 at 7:59am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #572 of 9657/20/13 at 1:54pmpost #573 of 9657/23/13 at 12:27ampost #574 of 9657/23/13 at 1:47am
First of all I want to say thank you to everyone for being so supportive given all of the unforeseen circumstances these past months.
To the the last group of folks that have waited so long, thank you for your amazing patience. If you are one of the last few waiting for your cable just before I had to stop taking orders (I believe about 3 or 4 left), your tracking number is coming very soon if you have not received it already. You will also of course be receiving partial refunds to hopefully help some of that wait you had to endure.
I just want to say that all of the support really means a lot to me personally.
So thank you guys! This community is really one of a kind, and I have always been so happy to be able to be share in it in some way.
in summary to those that do not know:
Orders have not been taken for quite some time due to a conflict that arose which I simply could not possibly have known would occur. To be honest I never imagined it would happen. As such, it was not actually an issue with meeting demand, nor with products, any of my suppliers or customers, etc.
A certain major change is being put in place currently before orders can be taken, however this should finally happen early to mid August.
But I assure you I will be back soon, I don't go away that easily! (albeit with the new change I have no choice but to put in place).
Cables like the Reign 24 will continue to be produced, along with some new stuff.
Thanks again to everyone for hanging in there, another update will be sent out within the next couple of weeks.
Edited by TigzStudio - 7/23/13 at 1:51ampost #575 of 9657/23/13 at 2:09ampost #576 of 9657/23/13 at 2:11ampost #577 of 9657/23/13 at 3:22ampost #578 of 9657/23/13 at 10:32ampost #579 of 9657/23/13 at 11:29amThread Starterpost #580 of 9657/24/13 at 12:22am
Glad to hear you'll be taking orders again soon. I hope you keep producing the Skulds - I've had my eye on getting one with 4 pin XLR connector and an XLR to TRS adapter for my LCD-2s!
I know I'll be checking back here in August.post #581 of 9657/24/13 at 11:58amQuote:
The Skuld 2 will be available again but under a new product name and with different options.
Will certainly post more details in August on the web along with all other information.
Edited by TigzStudio - 7/24/13 at 1:43pmpost #582 of 9657/26/13 at 4:54am
Getting back to the music, the reign 24 i got sound really nice. better extension and better overall weight to the music compared to the stock cable. Sound similar to the reign 8 i had as demo (memory is sort of fading on that) but certainly more of everything. very nice jobpost #583 of 9657/26/13 at 1:57pm
My 8-conductor Skuld 2 arrived today. Absolutely beautiful! Really nice. I'll post some pics later when I can. I'm not sure how photogenic the cable may be as it's all black (very stealthy) and I'm not the greatest photographer. But I'll try. I've got several hours to myself tonight so I'll be able to spend some quality listening time with the new cable.
I'm glad Trevor is getting things going again. I look forward to buying many more cables as we move forward, and one more time I want to apologize for my nasty post from awhile back. I've removed it as the situation is obviously sorted out and there's no reason to leave that posted in the thread. Thanks Trevor!
Edit: Got a couple pictures to post. Trevor's previous comment makes me think that this is one of the last (if not the last) Norse cable made with the "Skuld" name. ??
Edited by thegrobe - 7/26/13 at 10:49pmpost #584 of 9657/28/13 at 10:46ampost #585 of 9657/28/13 at 10:54amQuote:
No. The SE connection shares a common ground (it's 3 conductors total) . A balanced connection requires minimum 4 conductors. 2 signals plus two separate grounds. In fact bridging the grounds on a balanced amp may damage it. You would have to check with the amp builder to know for sure. You would basically be shorting the two grounds into one with that kind of adapter.
Edited by thegrobe - 7/28/13 at 11:01amReturn Home
- Norne Audio (Was: Norse Audio): Feedback & Impression Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › The Nameless Guide To PC Gaming Audio (with binaural headphone... 13 seconds ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 14 seconds ago
- › 65watt amp + Max 18watt speakers OK? 31 seconds ago
- › DGS100 Appreciation thread. The game changing budget-fi two-way... 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD800 in good condition. 1 minute ago
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone... 1 minute ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › ROCK JAW Testers 3 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014:... 4 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1, the new start of the high-res DAP with individual DAC and... 4 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by 12cc2
- › VSONIC VSD3S Black High Fidelity Professional Quality Stereo... by Tom22
- › AKG K 550 by QBoQBo
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by smellyfungus
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by hans030390
- › Fostex TH 900 by archeryc
- › Garage1217 Project Polaris by Asr
- › Bose QuietComfort 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones by dbdchc
- › Rega RP3 by Nhubley
- › Woo Audio 2 by Nhubley
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)