he gave me my tracking number last night. happy to get my cable back this week!
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 5/30/12
- categoryCablestagged by System, 5/30/12
- brandNorse Audiotagged by System, 5/30/12
- productNorse Audio 4-wire Norn series up-occ LCD-2 headphone cabletagged by System, 5/30/12
- productNorse Audio Audeze LCD-2 Headphone cabletagged by System, 5/30/12
Related Forum Threads
- Will a Pioneer DJM-900 mixer adequately power DT 900 Pro 600 Ohm or Audeze LCD-2 headphones? Last post on 11/30/13 at 3:23pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Driving LCD2 from speaker amp speaker taps correctly Last post on 3/31/14 at 12:36am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for a big brother to my LCD2.2 and HE-500s! Last post on 10/6/13 at 5:30pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Audeze LCD-2 Rev. 2 (Rosewood) with Leather Headband Last post on 7/9/13 at 6:11pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Audeze LCD-2 Best Amp Last post on 1/30/14 at 9:13am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 7/11/14
- DIY Cable Info and ResourcesLast edited: 10/2/13
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
This is my second attempt at a review of the Brainwavz S5, my first attempt ended up in the bin yesterday, as I was looking at it from the wrong angle (some forum members wanted a comparison to...
RockJaw is an up and coming headphone company from Great Britain starting strong with a huge lineup. The Alfa Genus is one of their midrange offerings and offers a certain special something that is...
Bought the active noise cancelling version of these as a daily deal on Amazon for <$20. Active noise cancelling completely broken on both my original unit and the replacement - so on one hand...
Thanks to Oppo Digital Japan for allowing us to borrow the PM-1 and HA-1. Oppo coming out with a pair of headphones was quite a surprised, especially a pair of planars. Likewise the HA-1,...
A decade ago; I had bought into the crappy Logitech Bluetooth devices which I swore NEVER to buy again deeming it a bad technology. Ten years later; I now needed an in wireless in-ear device for...
Norne Audio (Was: Norse Audio): Feedback & Impression Thread - Page 39post #571 of 9147/20/13 at 7:59am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #572 of 9147/20/13 at 1:54pmpost #573 of 9147/23/13 at 12:27ampost #574 of 9147/23/13 at 1:47am
First of all I want to say thank you to everyone for being so supportive given all of the unforeseen circumstances these past months.
To the the last group of folks that have waited so long, thank you for your amazing patience. If you are one of the last few waiting for your cable just before I had to stop taking orders (I believe about 3 or 4 left), your tracking number is coming very soon if you have not received it already. You will also of course be receiving partial refunds to hopefully help some of that wait you had to endure.
I just want to say that all of the support really means a lot to me personally.
So thank you guys! This community is really one of a kind, and I have always been so happy to be able to be share in it in some way.
in summary to those that do not know:
Orders have not been taken for quite some time due to a conflict that arose which I simply could not possibly have known would occur. To be honest I never imagined it would happen. As such, it was not actually an issue with meeting demand, nor with products, any of my suppliers or customers, etc.
A certain major change is being put in place currently before orders can be taken, however this should finally happen early to mid August.
But I assure you I will be back soon, I don't go away that easily! (albeit with the new change I have no choice but to put in place).
Cables like the Reign 24 will continue to be produced, along with some new stuff.
Thanks again to everyone for hanging in there, another update will be sent out within the next couple of weeks.
Edited by TigzStudio - 7/23/13 at 1:51ampost #575 of 9147/23/13 at 2:09ampost #576 of 9147/23/13 at 2:11ampost #577 of 9147/23/13 at 3:22ampost #578 of 9147/23/13 at 10:32ampost #579 of 9147/23/13 at 11:29amThread Starterpost #580 of 9147/24/13 at 12:22am
Glad to hear you'll be taking orders again soon. I hope you keep producing the Skulds - I've had my eye on getting one with 4 pin XLR connector and an XLR to TRS adapter for my LCD-2s!
I know I'll be checking back here in August.post #581 of 9147/24/13 at 11:58amQuote:
The Skuld 2 will be available again but under a new product name and with different options.
Will certainly post more details in August on the web along with all other information.
Edited by TigzStudio - 7/24/13 at 1:43pmpost #582 of 9147/26/13 at 4:54am
Getting back to the music, the reign 24 i got sound really nice. better extension and better overall weight to the music compared to the stock cable. Sound similar to the reign 8 i had as demo (memory is sort of fading on that) but certainly more of everything. very nice jobpost #583 of 9147/26/13 at 1:57pm
My 8-conductor Skuld 2 arrived today. Absolutely beautiful! Really nice. I'll post some pics later when I can. I'm not sure how photogenic the cable may be as it's all black (very stealthy) and I'm not the greatest photographer. But I'll try. I've got several hours to myself tonight so I'll be able to spend some quality listening time with the new cable.
I'm glad Trevor is getting things going again. I look forward to buying many more cables as we move forward, and one more time I want to apologize for my nasty post from awhile back. I've removed it as the situation is obviously sorted out and there's no reason to leave that posted in the thread. Thanks Trevor!
Edit: Got a couple pictures to post. Trevor's previous comment makes me think that this is one of the last (if not the last) Norse cable made with the "Skuld" name. ??
Edited by thegrobe - 7/26/13 at 10:49pmpost #584 of 9147/28/13 at 10:46ampost #585 of 9147/28/13 at 10:54amQuote:
No. The SE connection shares a common ground (it's 3 conductors total) . A balanced connection requires minimum 4 conductors. 2 signals plus two separate grounds. In fact bridging the grounds on a balanced amp may damage it. You would have to check with the amp builder to know for sure. You would basically be shorting the two grounds into one with that kind of adapter.
Edited by thegrobe - 7/28/13 at 11:01amReturn Home
- Norne Audio (Was: Norse Audio): Feedback & Impression Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- DIY Cable Info and Resources
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 18 seconds ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 1 minute ago
- › Need a Place to test headphones on Long Island... 1 minute ago
- › [ T-PEOS ] Announce Releasing Altone200 and Start Preorder Limitedly 1 minute ago
- › Seattle Head-Fi - Portable Club 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Audio Technica ATH-IM70: A Bold New Direction 1 minute ago
- › Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon &... 1 minute ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 2 minutes ago
- › Ranking of 21 DACs and DAC Configurations (and why chocolate ice... 2 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Duncan
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by Ishcabible
- › Phiaton PS 20 Half In-Ear Premium Earphone (Glossy Black) by DrikTheTroll
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › AKG K267 by Blinxat
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)