Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum) › Norne Audio (Was: Norse Audio): Feedback & Impression Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Norne Audio (Was: Norse Audio): Feedback & Impression Thread - Page 14

post #196 of 964
Quote:
Originally Posted by preproman View Post

Thanks.  

 

Also thanks to Trevor for a really nice cable.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyBai View Post

I just wanted to chime in and thank Trevor for the best customer service I've ever encountered in my audio experience.  I owned the Norse Norn series cables and had it replaced with the Skuld series.  I absolutely love the new Skuld cable.  It is very light and easy to manage.  Sloppy phone pictures but here it is.  

 

 

Hey, your welcome guys, thanks for sharing your pics and thoughts.  :)

post #197 of 964

I too will soon be adding pics and impressions to this thread as I just put in an order for the following for my recently purchased Hifiman HE-6.

Reign 12 (equiv. 4x21awg, 12-wire) Cryo Litz upocc Silver(Cu) Tri Multi-Conductor HE headphone cable 10 Foot length
options: 
- 4-pin XLR (HD-Series)
- Wenge splitter (engraved)
- Black jacket

Reign 12 (equiv. 4x21awg, 12-wire) Cryo Litz upocc Silver(Cu) Tri Multi-Conductor adapter 2 foot addition
options: 
- 4-pin XLR female (HD-Series) to Furutech 1/4"

Reign 12 (equiv. 4x21awg, 12-wire) Cryo Litz upocc Silver(Cu) Tri Multi-Conductor adapter 2 foot addition
options: 

- 4-pin XLR female (HD-Series) to Valab Rhodium Locking Bananas

 

Looking forward to the improvement in sound these should bring, over the stock cables, to an already incredible sound.  Still enjoying the transition from being a traditional stereo speaker lover to lover of headphones.

 

“Focus on the journey, not the destination. Joy is found not in finishing an activity but in doing it.”

post #198 of 964
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tread1963 View Post

I too will soon be adding pics and impressions to this thread as I just put in an order for the following for my recently purchased Hifiman HE-6.
Reign 12 (equiv. 4x21awg, 12-wire) Cryo Litz upocc Silver(Cu) Tri Multi-Conductor HE headphone cable 10 Foot length
options: 

- 4-pin XLR (HD-Series)

- Wenge splitter (engraved)

- Black jacket
Reign 12 (equiv. 4x21awg, 12-wire) Cryo Litz upocc Silver(Cu) Tri Multi-Conductor adapter 2 foot addition
options: 

- 4-pin XLR female (HD-Series) to Furutech 1/4"
Reign 12 (equiv. 4x21awg, 12-wire) Cryo Litz upocc Silver(Cu) Tri Multi-Conductor adapter 2 foot addition
options: 
- 4-pin XLR female (HD-Series) to Valab Rhodium Locking Bananas

Looking forward to the improvement in sound these should bring, over the stock cables, to an already incredible sound.  Still enjoying the transition from being a traditional stereo speaker lover to lover of headphones.

“Focus on the journey, not the destination. Joy is found not in finishing an activity but in doing it.”

Nice be sure to post your impressions, what are you driving the HE-6 with?
post #199 of 964

i don´t know if the silver cable is best solution for the HE-6

post #200 of 964

The Reign 12 (equiv. 4x21awg, 12-wire) Cryo Litz upocc Silver(Cu) is not a fully silver wire, rather silver coated copper.  Should be a interesting mix and with Norse Audio`s trade-in/replacement warranty of 60 days more than enough time for me to determine whether it works.  I`ve heard that the silver is not the best option for the HE-6 but have a feeling this combination should not pose the same problems.
 

post #201 of 964
Quote:
Originally Posted by tread1963 View Post

The Reign 12 (equiv. 4x21awg, 12-wire) Cryo Litz upocc Silver(Cu) is not a fully silver wire, rather silver coated copper.  Should be a interesting mix and with Norse Audio`s trade-in/replacement warranty of 60 days more than enough time for me to determine whether it works.  I`ve heard that the silver is not the best option for the HE-6 but have a feeling this combination should not pose the same problems.
 

i thought it has separate silver and copper cables, not SPC?

post #202 of 964
Quote:
Originally Posted by tread1963 View Post

I too will soon be adding pics and impressions to this thread as I just put in an order for the following for my recently purchased Hifiman HE-6.

Reign 12 (equiv. 4x21awg, 12-wire) Cryo Litz upocc Silver(Cu) Tri Multi-Conductor HE headphone cable 10 Foot length
options: 
- 4-pin XLR (HD-Series)
- Wenge splitter (engraved)
- Black jacket

Reign 12 (equiv. 4x21awg, 12-wire) Cryo Litz upocc Silver(Cu) Tri Multi-Conductor adapter 2 foot addition
options: 
- 4-pin XLR female (HD-Series) to Furutech 1/4"

Reign 12 (equiv. 4x21awg, 12-wire) Cryo Litz upocc Silver(Cu) Tri Multi-Conductor adapter 2 foot addition
options: 

- 4-pin XLR female (HD-Series) to Valab Rhodium Locking Bananas

 

Looking forward to the improvement in sound these should bring, over the stock cables, to an already incredible sound.  Still enjoying the transition from being a traditional stereo speaker lover to lover of headphones.

 

“Focus on the journey, not the destination. Joy is found not in finishing an activity but in doing it.”

 

 

 

@Trevor..

 

Looks like you got a lot of work ahead of you..   

 

More to come..  I still haven't placed my HE-6 order yet.  

 

Want to see if the Reign cable is a fit for the HE-6 or not..

post #203 of 964
Quote:
Originally Posted by tread1963 View Post

The Reign 12 (equiv. 4x21awg, 12-wire) Cryo Litz upocc Silver(Cu) is not a fully silver wire, rather silver coated copper.  Should be a interesting mix and with Norse Audio`s trade-in/replacement warranty of 60 days more than enough time for me to determine whether it works.  I`ve heard that the silver is not the best option for the HE-6 but have a feeling this combination should not pose the same problems.
 

understood.

well...we will wait your own reviewbiggrin.gif

post #204 of 964
Quote:
Originally Posted by alota View Post

i don´t know if the silver cable is best solution for the HE-6

Although ,I do not have the reign series..yet..Trevor is supposed to make me one??,but.?,nothing has materialized----guess Trevor is busy?

 

I do have a pure silver cable,and you will find,it is a good combination,with the he-6's

Yours as stated above,are a silver/copper mix

post #205 of 964
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikek200 View Post

Although ,I do not have the reign series..yet..Trevor is supposed to make me one??,but.?,nothing has materialized----guess Trevor is busy?

 

I do have a pure silver cable,and you will find,it is a good combination,with the he-6's

Yours as stated above,are a silver/copper mix

 

Any 30 or 60 day demo cables for previous customers always have a lowered priority over any paid for cables.  So it can definitely take a while sometimes to get demos out. 

But am working hard to get some out for those waiting. 

post #206 of 964

It's ok ,Trevor..demo cable is not needed-thank you.

Good luck with the reign series.

 

Mike

post #207 of 964
Quote:
Originally Posted by preproman View Post

 

 

 

@Trevor..

 

Looks like you got a lot of work ahead of you..   

 

More to come..  I still haven't placed my HE-6 order yet.  

 

Want to see if the Reign cable is a fit for the HE-6 or not..

 

Preproman,

After more thought,and,a few e-mails to Trevor,..,I've decided to soon get.. one of the reign series cables.

It would be appreciated for you to give us your impressions,with the HE-6.

I would be usingthe MJ/GNG setup.

 

Thanks

Mike

post #208 of 964

That will be a while.  Just because I get my HFMs hard wired.  I'll be getting the Reign cable for the LCD-3s first.. It should be here by Wednesday next week.

post #209 of 964
Thread Starter 
P
Quote:
Originally Posted by preproman View Post

That will be a while.  Just because I get my HFMs hard wired.  I'll be getting the Reign cable for the LCD-3s first.. It should be here by Wednesday next week.

Prepro I see you have the he500 or is it 6 that are hardwired, are you going to have the LCD-3s hardwired as well?
post #210 of 964
Quote:
Originally Posted by kskwerl View Post

P
Prepro I see you have the he500 or is it 6 that are hardwired, are you going to have the LCD-3s hardwired as well?

 

 

Don't have the 6s hardwired yet.  It has to be the right cable for those..  

 

No the LCDs or the Senns don't have hardwires..

 

I 'll do hardwires on:

 

Denons  (Cable on the way for the D5000)

HFMs (not the HE-6 yet)

Audio-Technicas

AKGs

T1s (not yet)

 

I think I'm going to get 2 pair of T50RPs hardwired and send then to Dan and Luis so they can do their thing..

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum) › Norne Audio (Was: Norse Audio): Feedback & Impression Thread