- 3,901 Posts. Joined 9/2005
- Location: Out in your yard - feathers of an arrow
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAurisonicstagged by System, 6/19/12
- productAurisonics AS-1btagged by System, 6/19/12
- productAurisonics ASG-1 Generic Fit IEMtagged by System, 6/19/12
- productAurisonics ASG-2.5 Generic Fit Digital-Hybrid In-Ear Monitors in Polished Redtagged by Hawaiibadboy, 5/15/15
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/19/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 6/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- Aurisonics earphones at massively reduced prices. Last post on 2/17/16 at 6:57am in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Doubt for a warm IEM for Jazz music under 200$ Last post on 5/19/15 at 1:35am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Hi-end universal IEMs from Triple.Fis Last post on 8/10/12 at 8:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best $350 or under IEM with iPhone controls and mic Last post on 7/30/12 at 7:49pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEM's with BEST bass response £100-£250 Last post on 7/29/12 at 5:12am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
Even at their current $89 price, I consider the Klipsch R6s an excellent value. They are fundamentally honest about what you put into them. Although they reveal a great deal about each recording,...
With my head laid back, eyes closed, and feet tapping to the beat, I can’t help but be thankful for some of the audio equipment that I have. Thankfully, Justin Weber, owner of Ampsandsound,...
Acknowledgment It’s always a privilege to check out new gear in exchange for your honest opinion. Thanks, iFi, for letting me in on this particular party. I’ve been borrowing this unit...
Introduction I have recently had the good fortune to review 1More’s excellent Triple Driver 1001 In Ear Monitors and their MK802 Bluetooth full-sized headphone and was left extremely impressed...
As the rabbit hole of summit-fi in-ear monitors gets deeper and deeper, I find myself encountering the same issues over and over. Most of the high end multiple armature driver in-ear monitors in...
Fender IEM (Aurisonics) Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread - Page 171post #2551 of 58811/22/13 at 10:49amEvery time I see this thread bumped , I hope it's about the upgrade, and every time I'm left disappointed. And now I am part of the problem lol
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2552 of 58811/22/13 at 10:51am
Things are probably going to be announced at the launch, whatever the program is gonna be is not just for us head-fi members, so it's gonna show up on their facebook page or someplace else first if not before here.post #2553 of 58811/22/13 at 11:25amQuote:
x2post #2554 of 58811/22/13 at 11:37ampost #2555 of 58811/22/13 at 12:29pmpost #2556 of 58811/22/13 at 12:36pmpost #2557 of 58811/22/13 at 12:40pmpost #2558 of 58811/22/13 at 12:46pmpost #2559 of 58811/22/13 at 12:51pmQuote:
eke2k6 posted this a while back, you might try it out:Quote:Originally Posted by eke2k6
Here, try this EQ out: 2000 Hz : +1.5 dB. 4000 Hz : +2.0 dB. 5000 Hz : +2.0 dB. 8000 Hz : +2.0 dB. 12000 Hz : +5.0 dB 16000 Hz : +5.5 dB.
Let me know what you think. Also, check if you have any EQ setting already enabled on your players that may be interfering with the ASG-1.
and tinyman392 posted this one:Quote:Originally Posted by tinyman392
I forgot that on iOS 6 B2, EQu works! That said, I did play around with the EQ a bit to add a bit of sweetness to these, but also increase treble and detail. IDK what everyone else is using for EQ, but here's mine (on EQu):
Don't hate on the song :p
That show, here's the EQ settings (10 bands):
- 32 Hz : -4.0 dB
- 64 Hz : -0.6 dB
- 128 Hz: 0.0 dB (if possible, don't place a node here)
- 250 Hz: 0.0 dB
- 500 Hz: +0.1 dB
- 1 kHz : +1.5 dB
- 2 kHz : +3.0 dB (if "Shoutyness" occurs, lower to 2.5 or 2 dB or until your personal "shoutyness" "cap" is reached)
- 4 kHz : 0.0 dB
- 8 kHz : +2.0 dB
- 16 kHz: +2.0 dB
If you listen to the vocals, you'll hear what I call sweetness or energy mainly due to the bump in the 1-4 kHz region. The lowering of the sub-bass is to control it a bit and make the sound more punchy. Increase in treble is self explanatory. Now, this EQ works well for me, does add the sweetness I need, I wish it had it by default... Reason being that EQu drains my battery like you wouldn't believe :( With that said, I'm going to stop using the EQ and use something that is less processor intensive... the stock music app (which means no EQ :(). That spike is something that is needed in my book to add sweetness and shoutyness. Even if it's just a 2-2.5 dB bump.post #2560 of 58811/22/13 at 12:56pmQuote:
No worries at all
I was lucky enough to have a chance to order the AS-2's during the sale and then found out I won the ASG-2 which just makes me feel extremely lucky and grateful. I am still trying to sell some things to make up for it (AS-2) and haven't even opened the set of iem's I had to have replaced (warranty).
I keep checking my email like a crazy person hoping for a ship date but I'm really not expecting to hear anything for a few more weeks - especially with NAMM and how many orders I'm sure they received during the sale. The contest did give me a chance to pay it forward and I gave one of my sets of iem's to my nephew who's really into music. I feel like one of the best things about music is sharing it with others, right?post #2561 of 58811/22/13 at 1:00pmLucky nephew. So are you giving him the ASG-2 or another pair?
And yeah, one of the things I like about universals is sharing the sound with others. I can't do that with the ES5.post #2562 of 58811/22/13 at 1:27pmQuote:
I gave him one of my other universal pairs. In all honesty I figured there might be times when I really want/need the custom and others where I'd prefer the universal. He's not quite old enough that I'd be willing to give him something like the ASG-2 just yetpost #2563 of 58811/22/13 at 7:14pmpost #2564 of 58811/22/13 at 7:51pmpost #2565 of 58811/22/13 at 8:36pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Fender IEM (Aurisonics) Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Looking for best computer audio speakers. 20 seconds ago
- › LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread 40 seconds ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 42 seconds ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 1 minute ago
- › The Opamp thread 2 minutes ago
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 3 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers... 4 minutes ago
- › The Dishonesty of Sighted Listening Tests 5 minutes ago
- › The Zishan dsd's corner 7 minutes ago
- › B&O H7 Bluetooth Discussion and Impressions 10 minutes ago
- › Klipsch R6m Black In Ear Headphone by 1mctous
- › ampsandsound Kenzie Headphone Amplifier by Smazz
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD Black Label by glassmonkey
- › 1MORE iBFree Bluetooth In-Ear Headphones by Peddler
- › iFi Audio iEMatch Headphone Travel Accessory by Hisoundfi
- › Soundaware Esther by ambchang
- › ZMF Headphones Eikon by Hisoundfi
- › HiFiMAN Edition S by Aornic
- › Accutone Taurus by mark2410
- › Remax RM 305M Aluminum Earbud by Redcarmoose
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear