- 3,909 Posts. Joined 9/2005
- Location: Out in your yard - feathers of an arrow
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAurisonicstagged by System, 6/19/12
- productAurisonics AS-1btagged by System, 6/19/12
- productAurisonics ASG-1 Generic Fit IEMtagged by System, 6/19/12
- productAurisonics ASG-2.5 Generic Fit Digital-Hybrid In-Ear Monitors in Polished Redtagged by Hawaiibadboy, 5/15/15
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/19/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 6/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- Aurisonics earphones at massively reduced prices. Last post on 2/17/16 at 6:57am in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Doubt for a warm IEM for Jazz music under 200$ Last post on 5/19/15 at 1:35am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Hi-end universal IEMs from Triple.Fis Last post on 8/10/12 at 8:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best $350 or under IEM with iPhone controls and mic Last post on 7/30/12 at 7:49pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEM's with BEST bass response £100-£250 Last post on 7/29/12 at 5:12am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
Have you ever felt like the spark that used to be there just vanished? That the world, once bright and colorful became bland and dull over time? That you no longer feel the joy, the excitement and...
Work in progress. I need to practice my English a bit...
Heard these with Chord Hugo and boy oh boy was I unimpressed... These are not worth anywhere their price point where their sound is concerned. Decently comfortable though. (The sound signature...
I decided to write a short review after buying the second pair today. The first pair was damaged by a clumsy flight attendant and her heavy trolley... Although I was super happy with the E700M...
I thought about getting DFs as a present after passing driver's exams. Read those very few reviews online, which were generally a mixed back of helpfulness. Then I took the bullet and said, yes why...
Fender IEM (Aurisonics) Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread - Page 171post #2551 of 59631/22/13 at 10:49amEvery time I see this thread bumped , I hope it's about the upgrade, and every time I'm left disappointed. And now I am part of the problem lol
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2552 of 59631/22/13 at 10:51am
Things are probably going to be announced at the launch, whatever the program is gonna be is not just for us head-fi members, so it's gonna show up on their facebook page or someplace else first if not before here.post #2553 of 59631/22/13 at 11:25amQuote:
x2post #2554 of 59631/22/13 at 11:37ampost #2555 of 59631/22/13 at 12:29pmpost #2556 of 59631/22/13 at 12:36pmpost #2557 of 59631/22/13 at 12:40pmpost #2558 of 59631/22/13 at 12:46pmpost #2559 of 59631/22/13 at 12:51pmQuote:
eke2k6 posted this a while back, you might try it out:Quote:Originally Posted by eke2k6
Here, try this EQ out: 2000 Hz : +1.5 dB. 4000 Hz : +2.0 dB. 5000 Hz : +2.0 dB. 8000 Hz : +2.0 dB. 12000 Hz : +5.0 dB 16000 Hz : +5.5 dB.
Let me know what you think. Also, check if you have any EQ setting already enabled on your players that may be interfering with the ASG-1.
and tinyman392 posted this one:Quote:Originally Posted by tinyman392
I forgot that on iOS 6 B2, EQu works! That said, I did play around with the EQ a bit to add a bit of sweetness to these, but also increase treble and detail. IDK what everyone else is using for EQ, but here's mine (on EQu):
Don't hate on the song :p
That show, here's the EQ settings (10 bands):
- 32 Hz : -4.0 dB
- 64 Hz : -0.6 dB
- 128 Hz: 0.0 dB (if possible, don't place a node here)
- 250 Hz: 0.0 dB
- 500 Hz: +0.1 dB
- 1 kHz : +1.5 dB
- 2 kHz : +3.0 dB (if "Shoutyness" occurs, lower to 2.5 or 2 dB or until your personal "shoutyness" "cap" is reached)
- 4 kHz : 0.0 dB
- 8 kHz : +2.0 dB
- 16 kHz: +2.0 dB
If you listen to the vocals, you'll hear what I call sweetness or energy mainly due to the bump in the 1-4 kHz region. The lowering of the sub-bass is to control it a bit and make the sound more punchy. Increase in treble is self explanatory. Now, this EQ works well for me, does add the sweetness I need, I wish it had it by default... Reason being that EQu drains my battery like you wouldn't believe :( With that said, I'm going to stop using the EQ and use something that is less processor intensive... the stock music app (which means no EQ :(). That spike is something that is needed in my book to add sweetness and shoutyness. Even if it's just a 2-2.5 dB bump.post #2560 of 59631/22/13 at 12:56pmQuote:
No worries at all
I was lucky enough to have a chance to order the AS-2's during the sale and then found out I won the ASG-2 which just makes me feel extremely lucky and grateful. I am still trying to sell some things to make up for it (AS-2) and haven't even opened the set of iem's I had to have replaced (warranty).
I keep checking my email like a crazy person hoping for a ship date but I'm really not expecting to hear anything for a few more weeks - especially with NAMM and how many orders I'm sure they received during the sale. The contest did give me a chance to pay it forward and I gave one of my sets of iem's to my nephew who's really into music. I feel like one of the best things about music is sharing it with others, right?post #2561 of 59631/22/13 at 1:00pmLucky nephew. So are you giving him the ASG-2 or another pair?
And yeah, one of the things I like about universals is sharing the sound with others. I can't do that with the ES5.post #2562 of 59631/22/13 at 1:27pmQuote:
I gave him one of my other universal pairs. In all honesty I figured there might be times when I really want/need the custom and others where I'd prefer the universal. He's not quite old enough that I'd be willing to give him something like the ASG-2 just yetpost #2563 of 59631/22/13 at 7:14pmpost #2564 of 59631/22/13 at 7:51pmpost #2565 of 59631/22/13 at 8:36pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Fender IEM (Aurisonics) Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Earbuds Round-Up 29 seconds ago
- › Pittsburgh HeadPhile Meet! 1 minute ago
- › Techno, Electro & Underground Beats 1 minute ago
- › New Member Introductions thread 2 minutes ago
- › Grado modders go Magnum 2 minutes ago
- › [ WANTED ] : Stax SR-Omega (Ω) 2 minutes ago
- › Focal Elear and Utopia Review / Preview With Measurements - Head-Fi TV 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 7 minutes ago
- › Monoprice Monolith M1060 and M560 Planar Headphones 7 minutes ago
- › Sparkos Labs SS3602 Discrete Op-Amps by Yethal
- › Ultrasone Signature DJ by VintageFlanker
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by GirgleMirt
- › Onkyo E700M In-ear headphones Black with microphone by doraymon
- › K240 DF by asymcon
- › TWag V4 Litz ciem replacement cable by tex thai
- › Sennheiser PX 95 Versatile On-Ear Headphones by Varun Shankar
- › Panasonic RP-HT460E-K by PETEBULL
- › SoundPEATS Wireless Earbuds, True Wireless Stereo Bluetooth 4.2... by B9Scrambler
- › Soundmagic E10BT by msturg29
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear