- 4,266 Posts. Joined 8/2011
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAurisonicstagged by System, 6/19/12
- productAurisonics AS-1btagged by System, 6/19/12
- productAurisonics ASG-1 Generic Fit IEMtagged by System, 6/19/12
- productAurisonics ASG-2.5 Generic Fit Digital-Hybrid In-Ear Monitors in Polished Redtagged by Hawaiibadboy, 5/15/15
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/19/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 6/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- Aurisonics earphones at massively reduced prices. Last post on 2/17/16 at 6:57am in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Doubt for a warm IEM for Jazz music under 200$ Last post on 5/19/15 at 1:35am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Hi-end universal IEMs from Triple.Fis Last post on 8/10/12 at 8:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best $350 or under IEM with iPhone controls and mic Last post on 7/30/12 at 7:49pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEM's with BEST bass response £100-£250 Last post on 7/29/12 at 5:12am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
Specification Ø Digital Input ：USB, Coaxial, PCM 44.1K-192K/16-24bit Ø DAC Chip ：WM8740 Ø Digital Output：Standard Coaxial Ø USB input required OS：Win...
Greetings Head-fi! Today we are going to be checking out Meze's entry level product, the 11 Neo. Morpheus would be so proud. While they've been around for a while now Meze really found their stride...
Hifiman MegaMini Review - Expatinjapan Head Pie Hifiman and Campfire Audio Vega Hifiman MegaMini...
I recently received the JLab Epic2 Bluetooth headphones for review. Some of the new features of the Epic2 are the upgrade from ipx4 to ipx5 to improve resistance to sweat and water. They have...
It would of gotten a 5 star rating, if it wasn't so expensive. So I got to listen to the MOJO yesterday through the JVC SZ1000. Total different animal of an amp. Nice clean subbass, while...
Fender IEM (Aurisonics) Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread - Page 9post #121 of 58804/30/12 at 12:40amNah mine are staying crystal clear!
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #122 of 58804/30/12 at 1:30amQuote:
congratz on the new title bro!
And green colour blindness - sad face :(
I guess, the genes didn't pass unto the kids...which is good news :)
Out of interest, why do they turn green so fast?
Corrosion right?post #123 of 58804/30/12 at 2:13ampost #124 of 58804/30/12 at 2:27amQuote:
why aren't you worthy?
I think you are! :)
Enjoy :Dpost #125 of 58804/30/12 at 6:24amQuote:
I beleive the term is oxidation. Without getting too technical it is imiliar to corrosion or rusting, but not as serious.post #126 of 58804/30/12 at 6:30amQuote:
I'm familiar with the term.
So why is it we see oxidation in these wires, and not others? I'm curious.
I guess that's why many manufacturers have a black wirepost #127 of 58804/30/12 at 6:44am
Its either the copper or the silver they use. Most cables do it, apparently Chris_Himself Silver Ray cables don't, but most others do.
And yes, this may be the reason some manufacturers make black cables.Quote:post #128 of 58804/30/12 at 9:07amThe cables turn green because they tarnish. All cables actually tarnish, how much they tarnish is dependent on environment and material. Silver cables will tarnish blue while copper will tarnish green. This cable's tarnish is visible because the cable used has a translucent coating. Other cables don't have it visible since the cables coating is opaque.
Tarnish is normal for a cable. It'll happen with time and is not a defect.
Sent from an iPod touch with TapaTalk... Autocorrect may alter the meaning of this messagepost #129 of 58804/30/12 at 6:49pmI shipped mine off today. I know it says turnaround can be 3 weeks, is that what it has taken for u guys so far. And are there spme reveiws of the updated version around yet as ive only seen a couple.post #130 of 58805/1/12 at 3:26am
Actually in copper cables and silver cables, only copper cables oxidize under room temperature and turn green, and yes, that is one reason why there are black cables. Silver cables don't oxidize in room temperature, but instead they react with sulfur and form a black compound -silver sulfide, which is black. But this process is much slower. If you sweat a lot cables tarnish faster.post #131 of 58805/1/12 at 5:45ampost #132 of 58805/1/12 at 5:55amThread Starter
I remember that bang for buck was questioned back in the original thread. While I can't say the ASG-1's offer the best bang for buck, it definitely competes with those in it's price range and it's definitely not under par. Given the choice, I would probably take these over the PFE 132 in a number of areas.post #133 of 58805/1/12 at 7:27amQuote:Originally Posted by jrkong
I remember that bang for buck was questioned back in the original thread. While I can't say the ASG-1's offer the best bang for buck, it definitely competes with those in it's price range and it's definitely not under par. Given the choice, I would probably take these over the PFE 132 in a number of areas.
These smash 132s everywhere but smoothness... In my opinion.post #134 of 58805/1/12 at 7:33amThread Starter
Not really, PFE132 blows the ASG-1 treble out of the water. The PFE 132 also have a more engaging sound. Mids, soundstage and bass is taken by the ASG-1.post #135 of 58805/1/12 at 7:34amReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Fender IEM (Aurisonics) Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers... 53 seconds ago
- › Introducing Lotoo PAW Gold 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser debuts a bunch of new headphones at IFA 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › Shure se215 vs se846 3 minutes ago
- › The Stax SR-L500 and SR-L700 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › LH Labs Geek Out v2+ Discussion Thread 5 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 8 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 9 minutes ago
- › Holo Audio Spring R2R DAC 10 minutes ago
- › Questyle Q192 DAC with Headphone Amplifier silver by noobandroid
- › Meze 11 Neo by B9Scrambler
- › HiFiMAN Megamini by ExpatinJapan
- › JLab Audio Epic2 Bluetooth 4.0 Wireless Sport Earbuds, GUARANTEED... by red71rum
- › Chord MoJo by snellemin
- › oBravo ERIB-2a by Frank I
- › Sennheiser HD 518 by UncleGamer
- › HyperX Cloud Revolver Multi-platform E-Sports Gaming Wire Headset... by UncleGamer
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by HiFiChris
- › Vibro Labs Sera triple armature in-ear monitors by sq3rjick
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear