Interesting. So the whole Bravo series uses MMCXi connectors? The rendered images of the other models (not Harmony) looked like it took the standard 2-pin connectors.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAurisonicstagged by System, 6/19/12
- productAurisonics AS-1btagged by System, 6/19/12
- productAurisonics ASG-1 Generic Fit IEMtagged by System, 6/19/12
- productAurisonics ASG-2.5 Generic Fit Digital-Hybrid In-Ear Monitors in Polished Redtagged by Hawaiibadboy, 5/15/15
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/19/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 6/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- Doubt for a warm IEM for Jazz music under 200$ Last post on 5/19/15 at 1:35am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Hi-end universal IEMs from Triple.Fis Last post on 8/10/12 at 8:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best $350 or under IEM with iPhone controls and mic Last post on 7/30/12 at 7:49pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEM's with BEST bass response £100-£250 Last post on 7/29/12 at 5:12am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Search goes on: Today, the smoothest, non fatiguing in ear, little sub bass rumble, under 150 $ Last post on 7/30/12 at 8:51pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
-- ******Spolier Alert!****** This is an awesome 2.1 System, you might as well just go buy them right now, no point in reading my review. But if you must insist in continuing to...
To actually be able to wear the G430, I have to actually place the entire right earcup behind my right ear, so I might as well be using a mono headset, it's very uncomfortable to wear normally. Mic...
To put it bluntly, I'm never buying another Logitech headset ever again. Logitech is well aware of the issues that these headsets have, and still continue to produce defective merchandise/software....
Test Chain JRiver>Gungnir>Onix SP3>HE-500 (XLR to SE adapter) Sound Quality Since I do not have another speaker tap to compare I'm not sure how to tackle this as SQ will be highly dependent...
Introduction: The Aune X1S is a product that has piqued my interest since its release. After getting the chance to hear the B1 amp, Aune was a company I kept my eyes out for. This X1S...
Aurisonics Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread - Page 259post #3871 of 388310/5/15 at 1:51pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3872 of 388310/5/15 at 2:00pmQuote:
This is the only thing I know about their "MMCXi" cables.
13:30 - 13:45
Edited by RERO - 10/5/15 at 2:14pmpost #3873 of 388310/5/15 at 2:11pm
Thanks! About a minute earlier (11:50) he says it's more robust and durable than standard MMCX cables and you don't get contact problems like you would with some of them.
It is, however compatible with other MMCX cables. That explains why I could plug it into the JVC MMCX without issue.post #3874 of 388310/5/15 at 8:41pmpost #3875 of 388310/5/15 at 8:46pmpost #3876 of 388310/5/15 at 8:51pmpost #3877 of 388310/5/15 at 10:25pmAnyone who heard both the kicker and the RHA T20 can compare the two?
Debating between the two. I mainly listen to hiphop, EDM, pop and Indie.
Is an iPhone 6 adequate to drive the kicker (and the Harmony) or will an amp be needed?
Thanks in advance!post #3878 of 388310/5/15 at 11:10pmQuote:
I can compare the Kicker to the T10, so you might be able to extrapolate info based on comparisons between the T10 and T20.
The Kicker has much more bass impact than the T10 and no sibilance at all. The T10 was fatiguing in the treble for me and I never got the bass impact I wanted out of it, so it got returned. I actually preferred the RHA 750 to the T10 by quite a bit for its heavier bass and more forgiving overall sound signature.
The RHA earphones have construction and packaging that is second to none. They're gorgeous. I just wish I liked what they sound like. The Kicker is constructed quite well also, but it doesn't have the super fancy packaging, tuning filters, or plethora of tips that RHA provides.
Honestly, the RHA T10 seduced me with its beauty and functionality until I listened to it for about an hour, after which I had a headache. I was sad to return it and the Dunu D-1000 I was trying out at the same time (also returned for fatiguing sound).
Anyway, back to the comparison. The T10 had a bit better clarity than the Kicker. More detail and focus to the sound. The Kicker, though... man, it's just a cool as hell sound.
I'm listening to a playlist of liquid electronic and hip-hop right now and my head won't stop moving up and down.
As for the phone. Yep, you can drive the new Aurisonics line from a phone. I suspect the Harmony will be the most demanding based on its specs. I can get the Kicker beyond comfortable volume out of a Galaxy S5, so I'd be interested to see how loud the Harmony gets with no amp.
Edited by Luckbad - 10/5/15 at 11:11pmpost #3879 of 388310/6/15 at 3:12amQuote:Originally Posted by Luckbad
I don't see the manufacture date but it might be in the box (just have the carrying case at work) and yes on tips.
Kicker has less bass punch than the ASG-2.5 tuned fully open with an amplifier. The Kicker has super high quality bass and is only a few % off from the ASG-2.5. You can feel it big time. I'd love to check out the Harmony as well, I just don't have the budget to try it right now.
When I get my amp back, my impressions might change to HOLY CRAP THE BASS, because I'm driving them out of pretty crappy systems right now (Dragonfly 1.2, Galaxy S5, or motherboard audio).
The manufacturing date would be on the warranty card which also says its been quality checked.
I be happy to let you try mine but you are across the pond =(
I am meeting another Head-fi member later today who wants to try out Harmony so will report back on if there is any changes with portable amp.Quote:
I think the MMCXi connection refers to the square connector. They say square connectors make it easier to replace the cable as there is more surface area to grip. Earsonics upcoming flagship S-EM9, is also following Aurisonics square connector design.post #3880 of 388310/6/15 at 3:30amQuote:
I have an iPhone 6 Plus and when I auditioned both of them together last month it was fine with kicker. Right now, I need about 50-60% volume to sound loud enough with Harmony which has higher sensitivity.
Edited by jynjyn - Yesterday at 3:33 ampost #3881 of 388310/6/15 at 11:28amIm coming from the As2 and ASG2.Issue I had with them was the mids and treble. Something just sounded weird. Then people I know and met said try the 2.5 and I was like "sure that will sound better" meaning I had no hope the 2.5 was going to be better. Well the 2.5 sounded very good and it fit was much better. I didnt buy the 2.5 due to buying many things during that time. In the coming months I redemoed the 2.5 and still it sounded great but I have other great iems so no 2.5 purchase. Yesterday I demoed the Kicker and Harmony both great in their own way. More refined than the 2.5, things sounded more in sync as if all regions were as one and both had a lot of bass. Today I demoed the Forte and Harmony. Forte was very nice and bassy and great details. I spent 35 minutes with each. The Harmony was wonderful strong bass, clear mids and detailed treble with a big sound stage. Do these have more bass than 2.5 no but its very close but its cleaner bass. The mids on all three are better than the 2.5 and so is the treble. Fit is also inproved .post #3882 of 388310/7/15 at 2:14amReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Aurisonics Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › AKG K812 Pro 23 seconds ago
- › O2 AMP + ODAC 26 seconds ago
- › SchiitShow 2015 Impressions 38 seconds ago
- › Head-Direct / HIFIMAN Customer Service TEAM 46 seconds ago
- › Audeze LCD-4 1 minute ago
- › LH Labs Geek Out v2 Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › Comparing the HD600 vs HD650 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 4 minutes ago
- › Creative T4W 2.1 Wireless Bluetooth Speaker System by BloodyPenguin
- › G430 Gaming Headset by themastercheif
- › Logitech Wireless Gaming Headset G930 with 7.1 Surround Sound by themastercheif
- › Rolls PM57 Headphone Tap by BeatsWork
- › Aune X1S 32Bit/384KHz DSD DAC Headphone Amplifier by Cotnijoe
- › ZMF Headphones Omni by PacoTaco
- › Noontec Wireless Headphones ZORO II Wireless Hi-Fi Bluetooth On-Ear... by twister6
- › RHA T20 by RedTwilight
- › Brainwavz S3 by thatBeatsguy
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by suman134
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2