Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Aurisonics Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Aurisonics Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread - Page 232

post #3466 of 3581

does anyone have the revision 1.3 yet?

 

Is there any treble improvement there? I've got the 1.2, haven't been using them too much as of late - every time i listen to my EDC pocket headphones, going back to the ASG-1 makes the highs seem super withdrawn and takes another hour or two to get used to again.

post #3467 of 3581
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razvan Sofro View Post

I got my ASG-2 black rodium today and I am really happy .These are the ones from the Aurisonis contest and I am reallly greatfull to have them .

 

They sound great and I can't wait to try them live . They are very detailed and the bass response is really good . You can hear the air inside the bass drum .

It has the same price as Stealth, doesn't it?

post #3468 of 3581
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnullify View Post

does anyone have the revision 1.3 yet?

 

Is there any treble improvement there? I've got the 1.2, haven't been using them too much as of late - every time i listen to my EDC pocket headphones, going back to the ASG-1 makes the highs seem super withdrawn and takes another hour or two to get used to again.

 

Yeah, a few people do, myself included. From what I've read the treble is improved, but they are still rolled off. I don't feel the need to EQ, but I would like more sparkle, which is why I'll be upgrading to the ASG-2s soon, if I can the Stealth black finish. Though honestly my Arrow 4G with it's treble boost on 1 really helps with the laid back treble giving it enough sparkle without it becoming sharp or too forward, and it still retains its smoothness. It still isn't enough for everything though, and the setting 2 pushes it forward too much in an unideal way. 

 

But in short, yes, the treble is improved in the ASG-1.3. But I'm not sure if it will be enough for your tastes since it still has severe roll-off. It just isn't as pronounced as the 1.2s it seems.

post #3469 of 3581
Quote:
Originally Posted by boonh View Post

It has the same price as Stealth, doesn't it?

No it's slightly more expensive.
post #3470 of 3581

finally received my black rhodium AS-2 with ambient and bass ports! Initial impression is the bass is a tad bit overbearing, these babies has the rumble and oomph in the bass portion. even though I'm a bass head having used the IE8, futuresonics atrios v1 & v2 versions, UE TF10, hd25-2, AS-1B and momentum in the past. still trying to get as much burn in as I can get with these before I can give any formal conclusion. So far I'm loving these even with the tad overbearing in bass as compared to the AS-1B where sometimes I wished there was slightly more bass.  dt880smile.png

post #3471 of 3581
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyuuketsuki View Post

 

Yeah, a few people do, myself included. From what I've read the treble is improved, but they are still rolled off. I don't feel the need to EQ, but I would like more sparkle, which is why I'll be upgrading to the ASG-2s soon, if I can the Stealth black finish. Though honestly my Arrow 4G with it's treble boost on 1 really helps with the laid back treble giving it enough sparkle without it becoming sharp or too forward, and it still retains its smoothness. It still isn't enough for everything though, and the setting 2 pushes it forward too much in an unideal way. 

 

But in short, yes, the treble is improved in the ASG-1.3. But I'm not sure if it will be enough for your tastes since it still has severe roll-off. It just isn't as pronounced as the 1.2s it seems.

 



Ah, so the new driver has similar characteristics as the 1.2 version then?  Darn

post #3472 of 3581
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyuuketsuki View Post

 

Yeah, a few people do, myself included. From what I've read the treble is improved, but they are still rolled off. I don't feel the need to EQ, but I would like more sparkle, which is why I'll be upgrading to the ASG-2s soon, if I can the Stealth black finish. Though honestly my Arrow 4G with it's treble boost on 1 really helps with the laid back treble giving it enough sparkle without it becoming sharp or too forward, and it still retains its smoothness. It still isn't enough for everything though, and the setting 2 pushes it forward too much in an unideal way. 

 

But in short, yes, the treble is improved in the ASG-1.3. But I'm not sure if it will be enough for your tastes since it still has severe roll-off. It just isn't as pronounced as the 1.2s it seems.

I have ASG-1s which is said to be similar to ASG-1.3. I didn't have chance to compare them with 1.2 but they are dark for me really. They are very different from any headphones I own. The good thing is they are not fatiguing at all and I will get used to it's dark sound after minutes.

post #3473 of 3581
Quote:
Originally Posted by boonh View Post

I have ASG-1s which is said to be similar to ASG-1.3. I didn't have chance to compare them with 1.2 but they are dark for me really. They are very different from any headphones I own. The good thing is they are not fatiguing at all and I will get used to it's dark sound after minutes.

Do they have our old logo on them and come in a leather type presentation box or the new logo and a black hard case? If they have our old logo and the leather style box then they are ASG-1S Rev 1.2 and would have a darker but mid forward signature. New Rev 1.3 version sounds a lot like the Rev 1.3 normal ASG-1 just a bit more refined and much better to look at as well.

post #3474 of 3581
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurisonics View Post

Do they have our old logo on them and come in a leather type presentation box or the new logo and a black hard case? If they have our old logo and the leather style box then they are ASG-1S Rev 1.2 and would have a darker but mid forward signature. New Rev 1.3 version sounds a lot like the Rev 1.3 normal ASG-1 just a bit more refined and much better to look at as well.

 

So the 1.3 sound signature is described as bellow?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyuuketsuki View Post

 

Yeah, a few people do, myself included. From what I've read the treble is improved, but they are still rolled off. I don't feel the need to EQ, but I would like more sparkle, which is why I'll be upgrading to the ASG-2s soon, if I can the Stealth black finish. Though honestly my Arrow 4G with it's treble boost on 1 really helps with the laid back treble giving it enough sparkle without it becoming sharp or too forward, and it still retains its smoothness. It still isn't enough for everything though, and the setting 2 pushes it forward too much in an unideal way. 

 

But in short, yes, the treble is improved in the ASG-1.3. But I'm not sure if it will be enough for your tastes since it still has severe roll-off. It just isn't as pronounced as the 1.2s it seems.

 

 

I suppose it's safe to assume that it's no substitute for the ASG-2 as far as treble presence is concerned, with respect to the 1.2?

post #3475 of 3581
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnullify View Post

 

 

I suppose it's safe to assume that it's no substitute for the ASG-2 as far as treble presence is concerned, with respect to the 1.2?

 

Well, EQ can be an option. Here is the preset that I enjoyed on the ASG-1.2:

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by eke2k6 View Post

 


 

 

Below is the EQ is use on the Equalizer app for iPhone. As a matter of fact, it's just the "Treble Booster" preset. Though, this is my favorite EQ setting: +2.0 dB. 5000 Hz : +2.0 dB. 8000 Hz : +2.0 dB. 12000 Hz : +5.0 dB 16000 Hz : +5.5 dB.

 

 

IMG_1332.PNG

 
post #3476 of 3581

Yeah, I've already been through half a dozen EQs. I couldn't be happy with an EQ, partially because there was no end to the fiddling, and it was always at a cost of some other aspect of the sound.

post #3477 of 3581
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnullify View Post

Yeah, I've already been through half a dozen EQs. I couldn't be happy with an EQ, partially because there was no end to the fiddling, and it was always at a cost of some other aspect of the sound.

 

Hm. Well I guess you could wait for a meet to come around in your area and hope Dale and co will be in attendance, so you can hear the G2 for yourself and see if the $300 upgrade cost will be worth it for you.

 

I personally think it is, but I can't project my values on you.

post #3478 of 3581
Quote:
Originally Posted by eke2k6 View Post

 

Hm. Well I guess you could wait for a meet to come around in your area and hope Dale and co will be in attendance, so you can hear the G2 for yourself and see if the $300 upgrade cost will be worth it for you.

 

I personally think it is, but I can't project my values on you.

 

Unfortunately, I think the special upgrade price is only until sometime in August if I'm not mistaken. Kind of narrows the window. frown.gif

 

 

 

How do you like that Equalizer app btw?

post #3479 of 3581
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwinter View Post

 

Unfortunately, I think the special upgrade price is only until sometime in August if I'm not mistaken. Kind of narrows the window. frown.gif

 

 

 

How do you like that Equalizer app btw?

 

Oh I forgot it was temporary.

 

I like it. It's effective and more useful than any other one on the app store. It's resource intensive though, and slowed down my iP4 when it was in use.

post #3480 of 3581
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwinter View Post

 

Unfortunately, I think the special upgrade price is only until sometime in August if I'm not mistaken. Kind of narrows the window. frown.gif

 

 

 

How do you like that Equalizer app btw?

 

Wait, It is temporary? Damn, i missed that point.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Aurisonics Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread