Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Aurisonics Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Aurisonics Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread - Page 208

post #3106 of 3627
I've got a bunch of amps &. DAC/Amp combos which I've not tried. That'll be tonight's exercise. Will report more later.
post #3107 of 3627
Would appreciate comparisons with flat, stock gear if that's possible. Something simple like which has more bass? Mids, treble? Thanks in advance!
post #3108 of 3627

I'm with Anoxy.........and impressions would be great also........biggrin.gif

post #3109 of 3627
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnakChan View Post

BTW, the ASG-2 cleans up quite nicely with decent 3rd party cables. I'm trying the Tralucent silver at the moment but will try the CH silver/gold when I get home later.

Dale used Dimitri's CH Silver Cable at the meet up for the ASG-2's because he felt it brought the most dramatic and instant change to the ASG-2's he's heard. Not sure about the silver/gold one

post #3110 of 3627
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenman345 View Post

Dale used Dimitri's CH Silver Cable at the meet up for the ASG-2's because he felt it brought the most dramatic and instant change to the ASG-2's he's heard. Not sure about the silver/gold one

 

That cable was mine :p. It was originally attached to the RDB+ 2v1.

post #3111 of 3627
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnakChan View Post

 

That cable was mine :p. It was originally attached to the RDB+ 2v1.

Then go ahead and try that one with the ASG-2. Dale had it on the set at the meet up the entire day. He tried out Moon Audio's cable and the Tralucent Cable Dimitri had before deciding to use that one. 

post #3112 of 3627
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenman345 View Post

Dale used Dimitri's CH Silver Cable at the meet up for the ASG-2's because he felt it brought the most dramatic and instant change to the ASG-2's he's heard. Not sure about the silver/gold one

 

Yeah, with the ASG-2s that did have the most dramatic change. However, I disagree with Dale at this point that the Silver Dragon cable doesn't do anything (at least yo my ears on the ASG-1. It doesn't do that much, but it does change the sound. I'm not sure if it is enough at this time to warrant a permanent cable change, but it is worth noting that the highs seemed a bit more pronounced (only noticeable on some of the songs I played) and Midrange seemed less forward, but that might be because of the highs, not because of them being more recessed. The bass seemed almost entirely unchanged. I'm going to have to have a more critical listening session. However, it isn't like with the Tralucent cable. Then again, the price points are entirely different.

 

I'm going to post an update after I reach 200 hours of burn in and do more critical listening. As it stands my review is at 20h. And either I'm getting used to the sound or burn in is occurring and  the bass is being tamed and midrange recessing, but they aren't sounding AS dark with the same songs that I thought sounded too dark for my tastes. 

 

It is all rather interesting. I'm starting to take another think at burn in (which I personally haven't yet experienced) and cables which I once thought were snake oil. This past NY meet entirely changed my views on cables. The ASG-1s are making me rethink in ears as a whole really. 

 

I really must thank Dale for putting them up for auction and allowing me to get them at such a great price. I would love to do another side by side with the UE900s, but I still feel I got the better IEM out of the deal. The soundstage alone is worth it. I don't know why, but I gravitate towards a well designed single dynamic than multiple BA set ups in IEMs. Which is probably why I love the ASG-2s so much because it combines the best of both worlds. And why I loved the Tralucent IEM that Dimitri practically forced me to demo (which was one of the best IEMs I heard, though hearing the price made me rethink and appreciate the far more affordable ASG-2

post #3113 of 3627
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyuuketsuki View Post

 

Yeah, with the ASG-2s that did have the most dramatic change. However, I disagree with Dale at this point that the Silver Dragon cable doesn't do anything (at least yo my ears on the ASG-1. It doesn't do that much, but it does change the sound. I'm not sure if it is enough at this time to warrant a permanent cable change, but it is worth noting that the highs seemed a bit more pronounced (only noticeable on some of the songs I played) and Midrange seemed less forward, but that might be because of the highs, not because of them being more recessed. The bass seemed almost entirely unchanged. I'm going to have to have a more critical listening session. However, it isn't like with the Tralucent cable. Then again, the price points are entirely different.

 

I'm going to post an update after I reach 200 hours of burn in and do more critical listening. As it stands my review is at 20h. And either I'm getting used to the sound or burn in is occurring and  the bass is being tamed and midrange recessing, but they aren't sounding AS dark with the same songs that I thought sounded too dark for my tastes. 

 

It is all rather interesting. I'm starting to take another think at burn in (which I personally haven't yet experienced) and cables which I once thought were snake oil. This past NY meet entirely changed my views on cables. The ASG-1s are making me rethink in ears as a whole really. 

 

I really must thank Dale for putting them up for auction and allowing me to get them at such a great price. I would love to do another side by side with the UE900s, but I still feel I got the better IEM out of the deal. The soundstage alone is worth it. I don't know why, but I gravitate towards a well designed single dynamic than multiple BA set ups in IEMs. Which is probably why I love the ASG-2s so much because it combines the best of both worlds. And why I loved the Tralucent IEM that Dimitri practically forced me to demo (which was one of the best IEMs I heard, though hearing the price made me rethink and appreciate the far more affordable ASG-2

Just to point something out, It's not that Dale didn't think they changed the sound, he just tried out all the cables available to him at the meet up and decided that the CH pure silver wire was the most noticeable improvement. Otherwise he was gonna stick with the stock wire.

 

A lot of people claim that you need about 200-300 hours of burn in on a silver wire, so that Moon Audio cable may still be burning u=in up to and after that 200h mark. And the ASG-1's do burn in in the 100-150 hour mark. It's been well reported and I believe Dale even posted about it once many many months ago (might even be over a year ago). But if you're liking them now it's only really going to get better with age. 

 

Enjoy your ASG-1's, I look forward to more of your comparisons as I know you have access to a lot of different gear. 

 

(If you wanna chat about burn-in please feel free to PM me, I enjoy a nice discussion with those that are unsure if they believe or not. It's one of those things that's tricky to understand until you hear the difference or experienced the right gear) 

post #3114 of 3627
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenman345 View Post

Just to point something out, It's not that Dale didn't think they changed the sound, he just tried out all the cables available to him at the meet up and decided that the CH pure silver wire was the most noticeable improvement. Otherwise he was gonna stick with the stock wire.

 

A lot of people claim that you need about 200-300 hours of burn in on a silver wire, so that Moon Audio cable may still be burning u=in up to and after that 200h mark. And the ASG-1's do burn in in the 100-150 hour mark. It's been well reported and I believe Dale even posted about it once many many months ago (might even be over a year ago). But if you're liking them now it's only really going to get better with age. 

 

Enjoy your ASG-1's, I look forward to more of your comparisons as I know you have access to a lot of different gear. 

 

(If you wanna chat about burn-in please feel free to PM me, I enjoy a nice discussion with those that are unsure if they believe or not. It's one of those things that's tricky to understand until you hear the difference or experienced the right gear) 

 

The thing is, I've listened to headphones that supposedly had burn in, and never heard it. So it isn't that I don't believe in it, but rather that I'm skeptical of its existence considering that I've not heard it when others have. 

 

I do like the memory wire that is on the ASG-1 stock wire. It is also a good wire, so I'm probably going to stick with that for a while. I might switch back and forth.

 

And though my main rig is J3, I'll probably test them with other sources that I have, and hopefully new laptop that I'm planning on getting soon..

 

Also I'm highly skeptical of things that cannot be measured... But again... I'm open-minded. If there is a change in sound then there is. Simple as that!


Edited by kyuuketsuki - 4/28/13 at 11:25am
post #3115 of 3627
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyuuketsuki View Post

 

The thing is, I've listened to headphones that supposedly had burn in, and never heard it. So it isn't that I don't believe in it, but rather that I'm skeptical of its existence considering that I've not heard it when others have. 

 

I do like the memory wire that is on the ASG-1 stock wire. It is also a good wire, so I'm probably going to stick with that for a while. I might switch back and forth.

 

And though my main rig is J3, I'll probably test them with other sources that I have, and hopefully new laptop that I'm planning on getting soon..

 

Also I'm highly skeptical of things that cannot be measured... But again... I'm open-minded. If there is a change in sound then there is. Simple as that!

Some headphones have been shown to have slight changes in measurements after burn in. I believe Innerfidelity had a time lapse of that once of K550's or something over 300 hours. 

 

If you like the stock cable you could always sell your Moon Audio wire and get back your money from the amount you paid for the ASG-1's. Things sound better when you consider them free, totally measurable! ( I kid :-D )

post #3116 of 3627

Burn in really is a religion for some people here.  It's not only dynamic drivers, it's electronics, cables etc... If it functions in the audio chain it can burn in and things always get 'so much better'.

 

People often even list the necessary volume, time and type of music/sound necessary for a 'proper burn in'.  At a certain point (almost immediately) it get ridiculous.  I'll bite that dynamic drivers can change with time and use (though some claims of complete  sonic character change are just silly); but everything else is more than likely placebo.  I've yet to experience any burn in 'miracles' .

post #3117 of 3627
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deviltooth View Post

Burn in really is a religion for some people here.  It's not only dynamic drivers, it's electronics, cables etc... If it functions in the audio chain it can burn in and things always get 'so much better'.

 

People often even list the necessary volume, time and type of music/sound necessary for a 'proper burn in'.  At a certain point (almost immediately) it get ridiculous.  I'll bite that dynamic drivers can change with time and use (though some claims of complete  sonic character change are just silly); but everything else is more than likely placebo.  I've yet to experience any burn in 'miracles' .

Not gonna start an argument, I both agree and disagree with you, but nothing hurts from encouraging him to listen to his ASG-1's for 150+ hours, I am quite certain he'll survive that type of torture

post #3118 of 3627
post #3119 of 3627

Is there anyone who has the ASG-2 with clear shell and bass vent? I would appreciate a close up picture of the vent, because mine seems to look a bit "not polished, ragged" (not sure what word to choose ;).

post #3120 of 3627

Hi,

Can share the picture of your ASG-2?

Interested in getting this hybrid IEM. Thanks
 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Aurisonics Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread