Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Aurisonics Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Aurisonics Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread - Page 207

post #3091 of 3581
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idsynchrono_24 View Post

Wow lucky duck! I'm digging that new case as well. I thought it was originally only meant for their customs, but I suppose Dale has settled on one case for the entire line

ASG-1 has a clear smaller case. The ASG-2 has the same case as our customs now.

post #3092 of 3581
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurisonics View Post

ASG-1 has a clear smaller case. The ASG-2 has the same case as our customs now.

 

If that is the case, will the case be upgraded along with the ASG-1s when the upgrade program starts? Or is that an irrelevant detail?

post #3093 of 3581
Ah thanks for clearing that up. I like the huge cases just from a presentation standpoint but find them to be limited in utility when compared to say, a pelican 1010 just because the large cases are so unwieldy. They sure are nice to look at though smily_headphones1.gif
post #3094 of 3581
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idsynchrono_24 View Post

Ah thanks for clearing that up. I like the huge cases just from a presentation standpoint but find them to be limited in utility when compared to say, a pelican 1010 just because the large cases are so unwieldy. They sure are nice to look at though smily_headphones1.gif

Here's a picture of the ASG-1 Rev. 1.3 case: 

 

 

post #3095 of 3581
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsMeHere View Post

Here's a picture of the ASG-1 Rev. 1.3 case: 




How's the clasp on the new case? The original otterbox for the ASG-1 had a clasp that was really tough to open and close
post #3096 of 3581
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idsynchrono_24 View Post


How's the clasp on the new case? The original otterbox for the ASG-1 had a clasp that was really tough to open and close

It's a lot easier to open and to close it now, but it's still nicely secured.

post #3097 of 3581
Good to hear it, I had to keep the G-1 in a zipper case when not in use :P
post #3098 of 3581

So I've had the ASG-2 burning in for about 36-40 hrs so far (off the DX100). Just now I spent a quick 30 mins doing a back 'n forth between the ASG-2 and the TG!334, and failed to see what the fuss was all about (yes, I know comparing two IEMs that are completely in a different price category).

 

At another HF member's request, I tried the ASG-2 with the Tera Player (SuperDuper socket) and that's where the ASG-2 started to bloom. The soundstage and imaging improved dramatically. It's in this combination that the ASG-2 starts to prove it's worth.

post #3099 of 3581
Hmmm, sounds like they are pretty damn source dependent then? This might pose a problem for me
post #3100 of 3581
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idsynchrono_24 View Post

Hmmm, sounds like they are pretty damn source dependent then? This might pose a problem for me

 

Can't say. So far I've just tried between the DX100 & Tera. But in general (regardless of Aurisonics) these days I'm finding synergy between earphones/headphones and amps to be relevant enough. e.g. the FitEar TG!334 (and MH335DW for that matter) doesn't seem suit the Tera so well.

post #3101 of 3581
The Tera is ultra specific while the Dx100 is more universal in terms of synergy IMO. And the Tera usually colors the sound a bit....or a lot. So the asg2 needing the Tera would not necessarily be a good sign. I am not crazy of the Tera - tg334 pairing but several people are, feeling the bass roll off is a plus in that case.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnakChan View Post

Can't say. So far I've just tried between the DX100 & Tera. But in general (regardless of Aurisonics) these days I'm finding synergy between earphones/headphones and amps to be relevant enough. e.g. the FitEar TG!334 (and MH335DW for that matter) doesn't seem suit the Tera so well.
post #3102 of 3581
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnakChan View Post

 

Can't say. So far I've just tried between the DX100 & Tera. But in general (regardless of Aurisonics) these days I'm finding synergy between earphones/headphones and amps to be relevant enough. e.g. the FitEar TG!334 (and MH335DW for that matter) doesn't seem suit the Tera so well.

 

I did like the ASG-2 though my J3 during the NY meet. But I do  want to get a portable amp to pair when I upgrade to the ASG-2. I'll come to that pass when I get there. Hopefully it will be around the next NY meet so I can try out several, so that I can find a portable setup with good synergy. 

post #3103 of 3581

Any more people with AS-2? I wanna see some more pics!

post #3104 of 3581
BTW, the ASG-2 cleans up quite nicely with decent 3rd party cables. I'm trying the Tralucent silver at the moment but will try the CH silver/gold when I get home later.
post #3105 of 3581
Good stuff Anak, glad you're being real thorough. So it seems like they respond well to upstream components? Interesting. I eagerly await your findings
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Aurisonics Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread