the ones in my sig ;)
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Doubt for a warm IEM for Jazz music under 200$ Last post on 9/11/12 at 8:53am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Hi-end universal IEMs from Triple.Fis Last post on 8/10/12 at 8:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best $350 or under IEM with iPhone controls and mic Last post on 7/30/12 at 7:49pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEM's with BEST bass response £100-£250 Last post on 7/29/12 at 5:12am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Search goes on: Today, the smoothest, non fatiguing in ear, little sub bass rumble, under 150 $ Last post on 7/30/12 at 8:51pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Sennheiser Momentum 1.0 On-Ears Quick Review Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/760881/sennheiser-momentum-1-0-on-ears-review-by-mark2410 Brief: Sennheiser’s style range On...
I bought the headphones on 26 / january / 2015 this first thing that made me happy was the excellent comfort of the headphones and the ability to stay on my head even if was leaning my head these...
XBA-A2 The title says "Japanese import" and I had to an add and search just to do a review. I went on a mission...
I have a lot of closed headphones. These are as good as any other closed headphone at this price, in fact, I prefer these to the DT770, K550, UE6000. The DJ1 Pro have a bigger and airier sound...
Video review of the Fiio X3 Second Generation player.
Aurisonics Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread - Page 175post #2611 of 36911/30/13 at 3:53pm
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #2612 of 36911/30/13 at 6:52pmpost #2613 of 36911/30/13 at 7:19pmpost #2614 of 36911/30/13 at 9:21pmpost #2615 of 36911/30/13 at 10:27pmpost #2616 of 36912/2/13 at 10:45am
well I have just tried out the new FXZs 1 & 200s, and have a set of the CKS1000s, and to me they don't come close to the sound that I am getting from my ASG-1.2s!
the ASGs have a much nicer/better soundstage, along with better detail, and insturment seperation, and the treble falls into an uber sweet spot! the treble on the FXZs can be hot/sibilant, and only gets worse when I turn up the sound for more of an impact,
the bass on the ASGs to me goes just as deep, and fills and warms up the whole sound, the FXZs is there or isn't, the ASGs is that also, but the sound is warmer? the ASGs also scale very very well, when I turn them up for more impact evrything scales up with them, and the resonance that I get with the ASGs is magically tingly! leaves me in awe, really fills in/out the soundstage very very nicely, when I turn up the FXZs the treble just kills me? ggrrr ugh! lol,
so since the ASGs are a dark sounding IEM, everything else is there to brighten them up, and winds up putting the treble just freaking perfect! great extension, and not overly bright at all, the FXZs have hot treble, sibilant on ALOT of my tracks? and have a smaller soundstage to them, at least compared to the ASGs! so now the treble booster on the iPod really helps out, I am not a fan of using the iPods EQ. but I would rather add treble to an IEM then have to tone it down,
I used to just have the Eq off with the ASGs, and was fine with that, but after hearing the FXZ series, although sibilant? made me miss the treble with the ASGs, and the treble booster does a perfect job witht that!,
I tried to use the treble reducer for the FXZs and although it took away the sibilance in the tereble, it also really muffled up everything else, I burned the 200s in for around 80 hours and still the same? I didn't notice the burn in having any kind of great effect in the FXZs sound signitures?
so I would rather add treble to a sound then to try and take it away, and now my ASGs with the treble boost being used sound even tremendously better! I really can't stop listening to them, music is therapy, and the therapy is good! !!
I use all silver innconects and IEM cable along with all of my gear, all made by Chris_Himself,
iPod Classic 7th gen w/treble booster>CLAS>ALOs MKII>ZOv1>ASG-1.2s!!
now I can't wait to hear about Dales upgrade tot he ASG-2s!
Edited by ANDEROAN - 2/2/13 at 10:59ampost #2617 of 36912/2/13 at 1:08pmpost #2618 of 36912/2/13 at 1:53pm
yes that is what I am figuring with the ASG-2s? so I'm waiting for some ASG-2 reviews and more word from Dale, as to the upgrade! it will be a pairing of gear to help with the best percieved sound from them, the ASG-1.2s do respond well to diferent gear! to me very flexible, well that's only if it gets you to where you want to be going, lol, but for me the ASG's have gotten to a very balanced place for my tastespost #2619 of 36912/2/13 at 2:35pm
Won't be needing all that gear with the new driver and the BA's giving you the treble extension. They hardly need any power to drive themQuote:Originally Posted by ANDEROAN
yes that is what I am figuring with the ASG-2s? so I'm waiting for some ASG-2 reviews and more word from Dale, as to the upgrade! it will be a pairing of gear to help with the best percieved sound from them, the ASG-1.2s do respond well to diferent gear! to me very flexible, well that's only if it gets you to where you want to be going, lol, but for me the ASG's have gotten to a very balanced place for my tastespost #2620 of 36912/2/13 at 3:42pm
yes and then there is that, simply done right from the start, cool I will be really looking forwards to the ASG-2s,
but I am in love with the CLAS and its sound! so looks like I will be doing some A/Bing soon, very soon!
thanks for the input Ken!post #2621 of 36912/2/13 at 5:25pmpost #2622 of 36912/2/13 at 5:30pm
Because Dale and the guys (and girls) are perfectionists. There are final tweaks going on.post #2623 of 36912/2/13 at 10:21pm
Anderoan, Interesting take on the 200's. I have both as well and still not sure which i like better, as i think they are fairly different beasts. But i think i side on the ASG's like you do.
Not sure i fully agree with your 200's assesment though. To me there is almost too much separation between the frequencies. This is what i believes causes the perceived sibilance. The ASG's do have (almost) as deep bass but are nowhere near the fullness of the 200's. Mids are great as well but seem a little more hidden than necessary. Then at unknown times they seem to just really pop out. Male voices in particular sound very good.
I've been experimenting with EQ'ing them to see if i can get a happier medium. A slightly U shape seems a better fit to these monsters. Rolling off the bass a bit early, with a tiny mid hump and a bit less top end sounds much more agreeable. The real issue i have with them is that they are fatiguing to listen to for any real length of time. Could be that i listen to almost exclusively EDM and these are overkill for music tuned for bass anyway. I did however give these a try with some classic rock (Hendrix and The Beatles) and they were awesome. If that was more my style i think they'd be almost perfect. All dynamic for music that was made for only dynamic speakers.
But as that is not my forte i am unsure. The ASG's are more well rounded and i'm very curious as to what the new ASG-2's will do. I will say that the sound out of the JVC's is like nothing else i have heard in an iem before. Maybe too much of a good thing ?!post #2624 of 36912/3/13 at 4:49am
yes that is true, they are a diferent beast, I am not very good at the technical speak or at being objective or analytical? but there is something to it? like others have said, and not sure if this applies but if they are tuned for easterners, they from my understanding enjoy a brighter sounding IEMs?
to me the FXZs get fatigueing pretty quick, not sure if it's brain burn in? but I can wear the ASG's for 15+ hours a day, and in the end still not want to take them off, because they just make me listen in awe as to how they sound, full warm and enveloping!
they are a great allrounder IEM, almost ALL of my music sounds jaw dropping with how the imaging takes me out of my head, I close my eyes and take a journey to where the music is coming from!
Dale is an awesome perfecionist! so take your time, and make the ASG-2s the best you can!
but any of this is just my .04 cents worth, so take it with a grain of salt, because what we take a liking to is subjective, no two of us hears the same thing in he same way! let alone try to describe what we're hearing? good luck with that, lol,
but gollie I am certainly pleased with these ASGs! now more so than ever,
I probably won't be tempted to trying out many others for a while? I will just enjoy what I have for the time being, the sound isn't any greener on the other side of the ceptic tank? lol, been there done that,post #2625 of 36912/3/13 at 5:52am
I idnt mean to say you shouldn't use a CLAS. Better source equals better output with the 2's. IT's just the multiple amps you wont need.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Aurisonics Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (2/17/2015) 10 seconds ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 46 seconds ago
- › Audio-gd NFB-28 1 minute ago
- › List of Just Earbuds 1 minute ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 1 minute ago
- › 24bit vs 16bit, the myth exploded! 2 minutes ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD518 HD558 HD598 Support Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Best bass heavy sports earbuds? 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by mark2410
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by trane1992
- › Sony Inner Ear Hi-res Stereo Headphone Xba-a2 Black (Japan Import) by Hawaiibadboy
- › Ultrasone DJ1 PRO by T.R.A.N.C.E.
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by piksnz
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by Stereocilia
- › Sennheiser HD 518 by Tiby
- › Somic HD MH463 Open-air Dynamic Pro Headphones (Black) by YoYo JoKeR
- › Master & Dynamic MH40 by lin0003
- › thinksound rain2 Wooden In-Ear Headphone (Gunmetal Chocolate) by Brooko
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2